ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 9th February 2018, 01:12 AM   #521
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

I'm sure John Kelly is on the shortlist to go:
He kept Porter on and, more importantly, made Trump look bad by forcing him to claim he didn't know about the lack of the security clearance.
Never mind dishonor - Kelly has probably committed a crime by letting Porter handle classified information.
Lock him up!
Old 9th February 2018, 01:53 AM   #522
Octavo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
He kept Porter on and, more importantly, made Trump look bad by forcing him to claim he didn't know about the lack of the security clearance.
Never mind dishonor - Kelly has probably committed a crime by letting Porter handle classified information.
Lock him up!
Come on, Porter was obviously just a coffee boy. How would you like it, if I illegally used the deep state to spy on your neighbour and then claim that because they're drug-dealers, you must be a pimp?

DEM LOGIC.
Old 9th February 2018, 02:13 AM   #523
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
Come on, Porter was obviously just a coffee boy. How would you like it, if I illegally used the deep state to spy on your neighbour and then claim that because they're drug-dealers, you must be a pimp?

DEM LOGIC.
I bow to your superior legal analysis of the situation.
And I stand in awe of our President's ability to drink so much coffee that it takes a dozen people to deliver it.
Old 9th February 2018, 02:28 AM   #524
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Lock him up!
The only crime Kelly committed (in Trump's mind) is making him look bad.
Old 9th February 2018, 04:54 AM   #525
Octavo
Illuminator

And I stand in awe of our President's ability to drink so much coffee that it takes a dozen people to deliver it.
Well, I did read all the statutes, so that must make me a legal scholar now.

Old 9th February 2018, 05:02 AM   #526
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Given that it is ALL about self-image, this is likely to be most truest. Completely covfefe, even.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 12:05 PM   #527
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Hope Hicks might be on the list,since her passionate defense of her main squeeze Porter yesterday ,at a time when the theme of the White House was "Rob Who?" has not registered well with the President.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 12:08 PM   #528
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

As much as I despise Trump, making the President look bad is often a capital offense in most White Houses.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 12:10 PM   #529
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I suspect somebody ..probably Hicks or Kelly...will be leaving soon;in a scandal as big as the cover up has become...with even Republicans saying the White House really blew it on this one....someone needs to be thrown to the wolves.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:19 PM   #530
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I suspect somebody ..probably Hicks or Kelly...will be leaving soon;in a scandal as big as the cover up has become...with even Republicans saying the White House really blew it on this one....someone needs to be thrown to the wolves.
If either, Kelly. Hicks is suspected to have been Trump's go-between for the Russia stuff (people would report to her with the understanding that she was relaying it to Trump), so she has too much dirt on Trump to get the sack.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 12:58 PM   #531
phiwum
Philosopher

I don't know much, but Hicks has been a loyal supporter for a long time.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 01:03 PM   #532
d4m10n
Illuminator

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/09/p...bus/index.html

https://twitter.com/snowdenlit/statu...54063083831299

Last edited by d4m10n; 9th February 2018 at 01:05 PM.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 02:20 PM   #533
Stacko
Philosopher

Kelly is making a strong case to be next.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 03:21 PM   #534
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yep, Whitehouse just denied Kelly offered to resign. He's out.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 03:23 PM   #535
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
And also the rumors she was a go between in the involment with Russia, and might just know too much to be fired...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 9th February 2018, 03:32 PM   #536
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yep, Whitehouse just denied Kelly offered to resign. He's out.
Yeah, time to start a betting pool as to when.........

It's simple: when a story is this embarrassing,you need to toss someboy to the Wolves,and Kelly seems to be the natural choice.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 9th February 2018, 03:48 PM   #537
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Yeah, time to start a betting pool as to when.........

It's simple: when a story is this embarrassing,you need to toss someboy to the Wolves,and Kelly seems to be the natural choice.
The Wolves are getting so fat.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 04:30 PM   #538
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good evening. Whether it's Kelly being thrown under the bus or Kelly throwing himself on his sword, it's very hard to believe that Trump was unaware that Porter was accused of the accusations. Only Trump could have cleared him to have access to the things he had without the security clearance. The White House Counsel, The Chief of Staff, Hope Hicks, and probably a dozen other people, including the POTUS, knew what was going on with Porter. The only reason we know about it is because of the story in the press. This administration would have been perfectly fine letting this situation continue forever. Ok, Pence probably didn't know because his only response to anything is "This is the first I've ever heard about this..."
John Kardel
JPK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 06:02 PM   #539
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Hicks 'and some aides' wrote a press release defending Porter at a time when it seemed like Porter was still in the White House's good graces. Their timing sucked. But press releases that keep Trump from looking bad are pretty much her portfolio, and it isn't clear to me that she knew Porter was definitely being dumped when she was involved in writing that press release. So of course it would defend him

Kelly allowed Porter to work there even though he had to have known that something hinky was going on, since the guy couldn't get a security clearance.

If he let him stay without even knowing whether or not he had a security clearance then he really needs to go.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 06:05 PM   #540
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post

It isn't clear to me that loyalty to Trump has proven to be a coin of much value as far as the Trump administration is concerned..

That and a dime will get you ten cents.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 08:22 PM   #541
NoahFence
Suspended

Next up, David Sorenson, speechwriter.

Domestic abuse
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 08:28 PM   #542
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
It isn't clear to me that loyalty to Trump has proven to be a coin of much value as far as the Trump administration is concerned..

That and a dime will get you ten cents.
With Trump, loyalty is never a two-way street. He's loyal only to his ego. Anyone loyal to him eventually gets stabbed in the back.
Old 9th February 2018, 08:39 PM   #543
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Next up, David Sorenson, speechwriter.

Domestic abuse
Draining the swamp?
Old 9th February 2018, 08:40 PM   #544
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Old 9th February 2018, 08:44 PM   #545
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I think it's all part of Trump's imaginary world. Trump screws up dozens of times a day and some of those screwups garner him negative publicity. When they happens his reality shifts into blame someone mode. If the news media talks about Kelly screwing up and conveniently only mentions in passing, Trump obviously knew, well there you go, Trump's reality shifts to Kelly's to blame.
Old 9th February 2018, 08:52 PM   #546
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by JPK View Post
Good evening. Whether it's Kelly being thrown under the bus or Kelly throwing himself on his sword, it's very hard to believe that Trump was unaware that Porter was accused of the accusations. Only Trump could have cleared him to have access to the things he had without the security clearance. The White House Counsel, The Chief of Staff, Hope Hicks, and probably a dozen other people, including the POTUS, knew what was going on with Porter. The only reason we know about it is because of the story in the press. This administration would have been perfectly fine letting this situation continue forever. Ok, Pence probably didn't know because his only response to anything is "This is the first I've ever heard about this..."
Of course they all knew, but the MSM are such wimps when it comes to calling these jerks out on their lies.

Pence, OTOH, is making a great effort to distance himself from the whole crowd. He makes a conscious effort to appear left out in the dark. He did, however, know about Flynn and the whole 'lied to Pence' story was proven false because Yates had informed Pence. That was another lie the MSN allowed to go unchallenged as they repeated (after it was known Yates had informed Pence among others) that Flynn like to Pence.

Pence is counting the days to Trump's impeachment.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:40 PM   #547
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Pence is counting the days to Trump's impeachment.
IMO he's going to be disappointed then because it won't happen.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 12:21 AM   #548
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

IMO, Pence is too hard not to get noticed.
Old 10th February 2018, 12:39 AM   #549
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 12:55 AM   #550
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !
Freudian slip.
Sue me.
Old 10th February 2018, 06:47 AM   #551
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Is that a very firm vice president you've got there or are you just happy to see me?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 08:25 AM   #552
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Mother will be so happy.
Old 10th February 2018, 09:14 AM   #553
d4m10n
Illuminator

https://goo.gl/images/zb1D3Y
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 11:28 AM   #554
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Not Safe for dinnertime
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 02:39 PM   #555
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump basically called the Metoo movement a bunch of liars in a tweet today.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th February 2018, 03:09 PM   #556
d4m10n
Illuminator

Trump basically called the Metoo movement a bunch of liars in a tweet today.
Luckily, none of them voted for him.

Poor Hope Hicks, though, about to be exiled from Stockholm.
Old 10th February 2018, 07:28 PM   #557
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That is the only crime as far as Trump is concerned.
Old 13th February 2018, 05:52 AM   #558
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by JPK View Post
Good evening. Whether it's Kelly being thrown under the bus or Kelly throwing himself on his sword, it's very hard to believe that Trump was unaware that Porter was accused of the accusations. Only Trump could have cleared him to have access to the things he had without the security clearance.
The problem here is that you have to remember how arrogant and aggressively stupid and uninformed Trump is. Lots of his closest staff can not get real security clearances like Kushner. So why is Trump going to care about one more?
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2018, 12:00 PM   #559
d4m10n
Illuminator

FBI weighs in.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idUSKCN1FX27D
Old 13th February 2018, 12:08 PM   #560
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

So who is next then ? Will it be Kelly ?

This 'controversy' has actually managed to go from last week into this week, and the cable news is still beating the drum about it.

I get the feeling someone else is going to have to pay the price for this, and I am going to guess that someone is going to be Kelly.

Also, Tillerson did his year, I'll predict he'll be gone soon of his own accord.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics