ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton conspiracies

Old 20th April 2018, 04:12 AM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Bill Clinton & The Vince Foster affair

Found this on the RW discord:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cl...-vince-foster/

From what I read on the discord, this seems to be the new circle-jerk for CTers who believe in the "Clinton Killer family" CT. They believe that Clinton is responsible for Foster's suicide. I find that hard to believe, but nutters will always be nutters.

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 04:35 AM   #2
fuelair
Suspended

Too *********** true!!!! Incompetent tools and fools!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 05:10 AM   #3
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

We had a poster here by the name of BeAChooser (banned now) who wrote prolifically about this subject and could write very longs posts about this subject. He had huge posts that did little more than harp on minutia and were full of passive-aggressive insults. However, when confronted it was obvious that much of his arguments depended on him claiming to know more about suicide victims than trained psychologist and just wanted people to get bogged down on very minor details.

He also always danced around the fact that the guys who made up the whole Clinton murders thing admitted they just made it up.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 11:07 AM   #4
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

From what I read on the discord, this seems to be the new circle-jerk for CTers who believe in the "Clinton Killer family" CT. They believe that Clinton is responsible for Foster's suicide. I find that hard to believe, but nutters will always be nutters.
This one's been kicking around since shortly after Foster's suicide. That makes it about 25 years old. Old conspiracy theories never die. They just get crazier and stupider.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 06:51 PM   #5
Random
Master Poster

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
We had a poster here by the name of BeAChooser (banned now) who wrote prolifically about this subject and could write very longs posts about this subject. He had huge posts that did little more than harp on minutia and were full of passive-aggressive insults. However, when confronted it was obvious that much of his arguments depended on him claiming to know more about suicide victims than trained psychologist and just wanted people to get bogged down on very minor details.

He also always danced around the fact that the guys who made up the whole Clinton murders thing admitted they just made it up.
Yeah, I went a few rounds with him over the "Silver Gun" issue, wouldn't let him change the topic, kept pointing out that he was misinterpreting the FBI report, and that it made no sense even if you assumed there actually was a conspiracy. He eventually stopped responding. I like to think that I made him rethink his position and that he abandoned that line of nonsense, but in retrospect he probably just didn't see my last response.

At least I learned a pretty good rule of thumb for telling the difference between a theory about a conspiracy and a Conspiracy Theory. If the person advocating for a conspiracy cannot give a coherent alternative description of the events surrounding the conspiracy, it is probably a Conspiracy Theory. If you have the hankering, try to get a Ron Brown murder theorist to answer, "Do you believe Ron Brown was shot, and if so, was he shot before, during, or after the flight?" The amount of evasiveness you will get on that one is staggering.

As far as the Vince Foster Conspiracy Theory goes, any study of "What Really Happened" eventually gets you to either a troubled man ending his own life, or Secret Service Agents carrying around a dead body in a public park in broad daylight...
Old 27th April 2018, 01:24 PM   #6
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

In the RW, I once listened to someone who is way off into the Clinton death list.

As a counterpoint, I began listing friends, co-workers and family that had been killed in the line of duty in the Army and LE, murdered, killed in auto accidents and suicide.

I've got quite a list myself. The Clinton derangement follower hand waved away my evidence that his little list didn't necessarily mean what he wanted it to mean, but another guy party to the conversation had I great line:

I'm not sure I want to be your friend.

We had a good laugh (accept the Clinton hater) but I told him it was too late, and asked him if he was busy next week about 1800 hrs...why? no reason, just curious...We had a good laugh about that too.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2018, 03:13 AM   #7
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

This is how this website tries to explain the large dead body count of people associated with the Clintons, including Vince Foster. Personally, I do have my doubts and very little confidence in the explanations:

https://www.truthorfiction.com/clintonfriends/
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2018, 12:52 PM   #8
Venom
Graduate Poster

I remember that this was associated with the whole "Killary" CT. It's frankly ridiculous, and is classic confirmation bias with a lot of speculation sprinkled onto it.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2018, 10:02 AM   #9
CORed
Philosopher

I remember BeAChooser, as well as right wing radio talk shows, made a big deal over a claimed scramble to go through Foster's files shortly after his death (supposedly because those files held something incriminating to the Clintons). I always thought that, if there was any truth to this claim, that it was more likely that it happened because they were taken by surprise by Foster's suicide, then that they had planned to have him murdered. Of course, if they were trying to hide something in the files, it may well have been politically embarrassing, but not necessarily criminal.

Last edited by CORed; 30th April 2018 at 10:03 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2018, 11:04 AM   #10
Random
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I remember BeAChooser, as well as right wing radio talk shows, made a big deal over a claimed scramble to go through Foster's files shortly after his death (supposedly because those files held something incriminating to the Clintons). I always thought that, if there was any truth to this claim, that it was more likely that it happened because they were taken by surprise by Foster's suicide, then that they had planned to have him murdered. Of course, if they were trying to hide something in the files, it may well have been politically embarrassing, but not necessarily criminal.
It may have simply been people needing to keep working. The country doesn't stop moving when one bureaucrat dies. If he had some stuff in his office that another bureaucrat needed to get access to, they may have simply gone into his office to get it, with no nefarious intent whatsoever.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:55 AM   #11
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Random View Post
It may have simply been people needing to keep working. The country doesn't stop moving when one bureaucrat dies. If he had some stuff in his office that another bureaucrat needed to get access to, they may have simply gone into his office to get it, with no nefarious intent whatsoever.
Well sure, but that doesn't fit the "The Clintons are unspeakably evil" narrative.
Old 1st May 2018, 05:51 PM   #12
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
This is how this website tries to explain the large dead body count of people associated with the Clintons, including Vince Foster. Personally, I do have my doubts and very little confidence in the explanations:

https://www.truthorfiction.com/clintonfriends/
Why? The list is a big Gish Gallop and is one of those classic cases where they try to turn “ruled a suicide” or “died of a heart attack” into something sinister simply because it feeds into their paranoid delusions. The reality is most of the people on the much padded list had very tenuous links to Clinton and the fact that the list constantly brays (without evidence) that the dead person was going to “reveal documents that would expose the Clintons!!!!” starts to ring hollow after being said so many times.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2018, 05:53 PM   #13
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Random View Post
It’s the same mentality that 911 truthers used where they claimed that Ground zero should have been treated as a CSI crime scene with every scrap of rubble painstakingly analyzed for explosives.

“Yeah, uh can we get Southern Manhattan back instead, please?”

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories