ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Mueller investigation , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , William Barr

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #1081
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

According to some reports, Mueller doesn't want to testify before Congress publicly.
If that's the case, my respect for him is going down another few notches: presenting his report before Congress is part of his job.
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #1082
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
According to some reports, Mueller doesn't want to testify before Congress publicly.
If that's the case, my respect for him is going down another few notches: presenting his report before Congress is part of his job.
Actually, that is a matter of dispute. His job as special counsel was to prepare a report for the Attorney General.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #1083
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I love how he's basically bragging that he would have a 65% approval rating in some theoretical universe where loved him.
Truly mind boggling. To see inside Trump's mind like this both fascinating and terrifying.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #1084
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I don't really care if he does it publicly or not. Information finds a way to get out, and transcripts can still be made available or read into the record. If that's what makes him feel better, I say let him have it.

What you say makes sense to me though. He can't bitch about how his information is being portrayed while also not portraying his own information the way it's intended.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; Yesterday at 04:42 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics