IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political predictions , prediction thread , Trump controversies

Old 7th June 2019, 10:04 PM   #1
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump predictions, place your bets

I knew Trump would back down on the Mexico tariff threats. He predictably was looking for attention. As soon as he isn't the top headline he looks for another attention getting tactic. Cue the threat of tariffs on all of Mexican goods.

Tariffs on Mexico was a bad idea, the GOP legislators knew it and let Trump know. Surprise, Trump claims victory and backs down.

Anyone care to make the next prediction?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 10:15 PM   #2
Woolgatherer
Graduate Poster

He will blame any economic downturn on the Dems and call them a disgrace.
Woolgatherer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 10:18 PM   #3
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Woolgatherer View Post
That's predictable but a little more general than I had in mind.

I'll bump the thread if need be but I was thinking more along the lines of his next specific announcement: he's going to do X, but he won't actually do it.

Though people are welcome to post general predictions if they want to.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 10:42 PM   #4
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I knew Trump would back down on the Mexico tariff threats.
Back down? The Mexican country backed down! Trump got a yuge deal and didn't have to punish those brown people with tariffs after all! Winning bigly, MAGA, triggurd libs, etc.

Sorry, just describing it the way the trumpkins will see it.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 11:45 PM   #5
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

- Not later than Autumn, Trump will go into full campaign mode, spending nearly as much time doing rallies than golfing.
Special emphasis on States where Biden seems to be doing expectantly well.

- there will be no Infrastructure Deal

- there will be no ACA replacement

- before the election, the economy will be in much worse shape than it is now
Old 8th June 2019, 12:48 AM   #6
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I predict he's going to have a serious health setback sooner rather than later. But then, I've thought that for literally years now. He's under a lot of pressure that is going to get worse and his coping skills IMO are deteriorating. But that's pure speculation on my part.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 06:46 AM   #7
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

He's going to crap himself on television and then Twitter about how it's fake news, he sat on an ice cream sandwich, the photos were doctored, Nancy Pelosi shot feces at his butt with a slingshot, and everybody else except him also crapped themselves even more than he did, except he didn't, it was fake news.
Old 8th June 2019, 12:41 PM   #8
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I predict he's going to have a serious health setback sooner rather than later. But then, I've thought that for literally years now. He's under a lot of pressure that is going to get worse and his coping skills IMO are deteriorating. But that's pure speculation on my part.
Is he under a lot of pressure?

Someone who understands the presidency and cares about appearing competent or consistent would be under pressure. But given that the president gives the impression that he has his own definitions of understand, competent, and consistent, I’m not convinced he feels all that much pressure.

I suspect he walks around most of the day saying “nailed it” when he thinks about his tweets and the names he calls people.

People sit around and listen to his stories, insights, and “epiphanies.” They know that not appearing enthralled and enthusiastic will result in them being gone by the end of the day. No one has the chutzpah to say, “you told us that anecdote just 10minutes ago. How does that create pressure?

Sure the occasional FoxNews criticism will upset him a bit, but pressure?
Old 8th June 2019, 12:44 PM   #9
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
He's going to crap himself on television and then Twitter about how it's fake news, he sat on an ice cream sandwich, the photos were doctored, Nancy Pelosi shot feces at his butt with a slingshot, and everybody else except him also crapped themselves even more than he did, except he didn't, it was fake news.
I do like the idea of doctoring up a photo and releasing it on the internet. A normal head of state would simply ignore it. President Trump? Who knows?

And before the Trump supporters go bananas, let me quote the unwavering S. Sanders and say “he was joking.”
Old 8th June 2019, 12:56 PM   #10
Tero
Illuminator

Trump blames all on Democrats/Deep state. Wins election with 45% of vote, again with 100 000 in special states. All new ones. Democrats get 50% of vote. Nobody knows where the 5% went.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 01:00 PM   #11
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I do like the idea of doctoring up a photo and releasing it on the internet. A normal head of state would simply ignore it. President Trump? Who knows?
No, you don't. I've seen one and it was one of those things you don't want in your head.
Old 8th June 2019, 01:16 PM   #12
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Prediction: Trump will lie today.

OK, OK...don't tell me. I know. He lies every day.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 01:16 PM   #13
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Some of these are great, definite probabilities.

Ladewig, Trump is under a lot of pressure intermittently. A pathologic narcissist does not constantly experience a positive imaginary world. Threats to his ego are a frequent occurrence.

The Mueller investigation was clearly stressful given how much he complained about it. Now that Nadler and Schiff are still pushing the investigation he thought was over, expect to see evidence of that stress with Trump constantly repeating "no do-overs" in between his publicity stunts (like the tariff threats) and every time the news reports on the ongoing investigation.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 8th June 2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 9th June 2019, 04:00 AM   #14
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Anything that threatens his personal ego will be met with immature name-calling and threats. Anything NOT threatening his ego that he remembers will be called "amazing" and "beautiful". He will lie his arse off about everything to do with himself to make himself look good. He will tweet and tweet and tweet, and golf and golf and golf, rather than actually be president.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 9th June 2019 at 05:57 AM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 04:36 AM   #15
applecorped
Banned

Biden in a landslide!!!!

It's a lock there's no way Biden can lose its Ironclad 110% guaranteed he's going to absolutely beat Trump no question about it.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 05:56 AM   #16
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I knew Trump would back down on the Mexico tariff threats. He predictably was looking for attention. As soon as he isn't the top headline he looks for another attention getting tactic. Cue the threat of tariffs on all of Mexican goods.

Tariffs on Mexico was a bad idea, the GOP legislators knew it and let Trump know. Surprise, Trump claims victory and backs down.

I vote tariffs on Mexico. After all, by Trump standards the previous tariffs n Mexico were a resounding success.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 08:21 AM   #17
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Well, I never would have thought he wanted a holiday named for him...

Quote:
If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible, & a National Holiday would be immediately declared. With me, despite our record setting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!
Until now.
Old 9th June 2019, 08:41 AM   #18
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I so hope you are correct, not death but heavy lingering pain . And loss of ability to communicate functionally.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 08:43 AM   #19
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
That would be fun too - show his followers what he really is.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 08:47 AM   #20
Lurch
Master Poster

Trump will continue, in his naked transparency, being a whiny little bitch. An emotionally stunted, immature, needy, whiny little bitch.

A real, secure man, even if as guilty as Trump and as lacking in shame, would power on without all the tween-grade histrionics. A crook with charm one might have some admiration for. The whiny little bitch type is beneath contempt.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 10:18 AM   #21
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I so hope you are correct, not death but heavy lingering pain . And loss of ability to communicate functionally.
Assumes facts not in evidence.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:04 AM   #22
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Trump will continue, in his naked transparency, being a whiny little bitch. An emotionally stunted, immature, needy, whiny little bitch.

A real, secure man, even if as guilty as Trump and as lacking in shame, would power on without all the tween-grade histrionics. A crook with charm one might have some admiration for. The whiny little bitch type is beneath contempt.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 11:15 AM   #23
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Trump will make such a disastrous statement, or take such an outrageous action, that everyone finally sees he is unfit for the presidency.

Again.

And just like the countless last times, the 40% will continue to blindly support him anyhow.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 11:16 AM   #24
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Woolgatherer View Post
He might very well say that but judging by the poor performance of the Democrats and our economy he might be right. I predict Trump will be President for four more years.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:17 AM   #25
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Mexico complied with his demands so why should he impost those Tariffs?
Old 9th June 2019, 11:21 AM   #26
Cainkane1
Philosopher

I predict Trump will get fed up with movie stars and celebrities threatening to kill ham and arrests will be made.
Old 9th June 2019, 12:14 PM   #27
Lurch
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
I predict Trump will get fed up with movie stars and celebrities threatening to kill ham and arrests will be made.
I kill ham at least once or twice a year at holiday feasts.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 12:29 PM   #28
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I predict we'll be Cainkaned.
Old 9th June 2019, 12:41 PM   #29
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Want to bet?

Time: Mexico Did Not Agree to Agricultural Deal Touted by President Trump, Officials Say
Quote:
President Donald Trump doubled down on his boast of “large” agricultural sales to Mexico as part of a deal on border security and illegal immigration that averted the threat of U.S. tariffs. But the deal as released had none, and three Mexican officials said they’re not aware of any side accord.

Trump told his 61 million Twitter followers in an all-caps message on Saturday that Mexico had agreed to “immediately begin buying large quantities of agricultural product from our great patriot farmers.” He repeated the tweet shortly after midnight Sunday in Washington....
NYT Mexico Agreed to Take Border Actions Months Before Trump Announced Tariff Deal
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The deal to avert tariffs that President Trump announced with great fanfare on Friday night consists largely of actions that Mexico had already promised to take in prior discussions with the United States over the past several months, according to officials from both countries who are familiar with the negotiations.

Friday’s joint declaration says Mexico agreed to the “deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border.” But the Mexican government had already pledged to do that in March during secret talks in Miami between Kirstjen Nielsen, then the secretary of homeland security, and Olga Sanchez, the Mexican secretary of the interior, the officials said.

The centerpiece of Mr. Trump’s deal was an expansion of a program to allow asylum-seekers to remain in Mexico while their legal cases proceed. But that arrangement was reached in December in a pair of painstakingly negotiated diplomatic notes that the two countries exchanged. Ms. Nielsen announced the Migrant Protection Protocols during a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee five days before Christmas.

And over the past week, negotiators failed to persuade Mexico to accept a “safe third country” treaty that would have given the United States the legal ability to reject asylum seekers if they had not sought refuge in Mexico first.
The man lives in his imaginary kingdom.
Old 9th June 2019, 01:13 PM   #30
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Anything that threatens his personal ego will be met with immature name-calling and threats. Anything NOT threatening his ego that he remembers will be called "amazing" and "beautiful". He will lie his arse off about everything to do with himself to make himself look good. He will tweet and tweet and tweet, and golf and golf and golf, rather than actually be president.
After today's tweet-storm, I've scored two hits.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 01:18 PM   #31
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

If not tied down soon with impeachment proceedings, political calculus will indicate war with Iran as the surest bet for reelection, even if by a squeaker.
Old 9th June 2019, 02:17 PM   #32
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
If not tied down soon with impeachment proceedings, political calculus will indicate war with Iran as the surest bet for reelection, even if by a squeaker.
Trump won't be impeached. Obama wasn't and he's not even an American citizen. Trump will be President until 2024.
Old 9th June 2019, 02:18 PM   #33
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Trump will make such a disastrous statement, or take such an outrageous action, that everyone finally sees he is unfit for the presidency.

Again.

And just like the countless last times, the 40% will continue to blindly support him anyhow.
What could he say worse than the grab the woman by the ....................? If he can survive that he can survive anything.
Old 9th June 2019, 04:35 PM   #34
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I predict we'll be Cainkaned.
Trump won't be impeached. Obama wasn't and he's not even an American citizen. Trump will be President until 2024.
And there it is...
Old 9th June 2019, 05:55 PM   #35
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
This afternoon I noticed there were not one, but two ammunition ships at the local weapons depot. I think that happened in early 2003 as well.
Old 9th June 2019, 06:21 PM   #36
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Mexico was "complying with his demands" for months before he even mentioned tariffs. He doesn't need a reason to start threatening tariffs, it's his go-to play when he has no other idea how to do anything.

Problem>Tariff>Solution.

That's my prediction. No matter what issue he's confronting internationally, he'll threaten a tariff at some point, and then credit that threat with solving the problem, without regard for any other work that may have gone into the solution.

It's been one of the themes of his entire presidency. Trump has no patience for "process", for career diplomats working at lower levels to make serious, mature decisions about how to resolve issues. He wants the Dramatic Confrontation between the Major Players that forces one of them to Capitulate and agree to the Big Deal, the Deal that fixes everything and lets him declare a National Holiday.
Old 9th June 2019, 06:42 PM   #37
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Biden in a landslide!!!!

It's a lock there's no way Biden can lose its Ironclad 110% guaranteed he's going to absolutely beat Trump no question about it.
Mitch made sure that Russia and other countries could help Trump win.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 06:49 PM   #38
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's been one of the themes of his entire presidency. Trump has no patience for "process", for career diplomats working at lower levels to make serious, mature decisions about how to resolve issues. He wants the Dramatic Confrontation between the Major Players that forces one of them to Capitulate and agree to the Big Deal, the Deal that fixes everything and lets him declare a National Holiday.
Which is exactly what his fans want, a strongman who just bullies other countries into doing his bidding. Boring diplomacy is for liberulz.
Old 9th June 2019, 08:03 PM   #39
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Sure the occasional FoxNews criticism will upset him a bit, but pressure?
A lot of it is self-generated but yes, I think he feels pressure. If nothing else than to keep seeking audiences that adore him.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 08:21 PM   #40
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The PDJT will punch back at Fox News host Laura Ingraham for calling him out on a lie about his holding up a D-Day ceremony by doing an interview with her.

"I never liked her. Everyone else at that network is great but I never liked her."

Last edited by alfaniner; 9th June 2019 at 08:22 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics