IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Closed Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 11:12 PM   #2881
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Trump has Pelosi's laptop. How many laptops did he grab Tuesday?
Oh, do you know this for a fact? I ask only because I am duty-sworn to report this to the FBI. Possession is 9/10 of the law, and it directly links him to a coup attempt against the United States of America.

So can you prove he has her laptop or are you talking out of your butt?
Old 9th January 2021, 11:14 PM   #2882
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
You'll be hiding as usual.
Well, if you take your inspiration from a coward . . .
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 11:33 PM   #2883
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Oh, do you know this for a fact? I ask only because I am duty-sworn to report this to the FBI. Possession is 9/10 of the law, and it directly links him to a coup attempt against the United States of America.

So can you prove he has her laptop or are you talking out of your butt?
A number of years ago I read an article in the Skeptical Inquirer suggesting a fallacy called fallacy of misplaced rationality. It was well-written, describing situations like these Q claims and similar; this latest Trump has Pelosi's laptop nonsense is a perfect example of this: a claim without a whiff of any proof, nor will there likely ever be any. Just a claim repeated over and over by the credulous on social media. ****, Trump may even claim it, but as in all his claims, evidence will surely be lacking. In any event, none of this had any bearing on the upcoming transfer of power to the Biden administration. It will happen, no matter the whining from the trumpist lot.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 12:02 AM   #2884
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Tippit was right about Y'all
Tippit, the conspiracy theorist, left the forum after all his bizarre conspiracy claims were debunked on this skeptic forum. Like you, he didn't ever bother to produce evidence to back up any of his hilarious claims.

That's what happens on skeptic forums. Bad luck.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 12:07 AM   #2885
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Trump has Pelosi's laptop.
No. That is today's fantasy from Trump followers, trying to justify their ongoing existence after being laughed at by normal people.

Did Trump tell you this through Twitter? Was it Facebook? Instagram? Parler? or some other service he has been banned from?

Don't tell me. You can't remember.

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 12:15 AM   #2886
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump cut off from fundraising and messaging platforms.
His radical supporters being arrested.
his Republican henchmen turning their back on him.
another Impeachment looming.

Yep, everything is going the way Bubba knew it would.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 12:19 AM   #2887
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

I love how we need to disregard our flawed and biased mainstream sources, and instead pay attention to <checks notes> some guy on the internet.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 01:31 AM   #2888
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Thats all you see?.....you really are in the dark GZ.
Totally Antifa, dude!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 02:40 AM   #2889
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
You believe that someone working for Trump broke into Pelosi's office and stole things and handed the stolen goods back to Trump.
Law and order, etc.
Well, we can hope that happened. Would land Trump in dire straits for sure. ... Being found in possession of not only contrabande but stealing personal information, some of it no doubt classified. Would make Watergate look like a picnic.

Hans
Old 10th January 2021, 07:20 AM   #2890
Armitage72
Philosopher

There are religious groups that claim the world will be ending soon, and name specific dates. When those dates come and go without the world ending, they shift their claim to a later date, saying that it really will end on that date this time. They do it over and over and over.

I'm not sure why that suddenly popped into my head. It really has nothing to do with this topic.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:30 AM   #2891
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
There are religious groups that claim the world will be ending soon, and name specific dates. When those dates come and go without the world ending, they shift their claim to a later date, saying that it really will end on that date this time. They do it over and over and over.

I'm not sure why that suddenly popped into my head. It really has nothing to do with this topic.
You are not first to note similarity of behavior between
Edited by Agatha:  removed personalisation
QAnon loonies in general and nutty religious cults.

Last edited by Agatha; 14th January 2021 at 06:16 AM.
Mader Levap is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:35 AM   #2892
eerok
Quixoticist

Ill be here for you when your world crumbles
It's getting boring watching you fail. Can't you add something to your schtick? A little tap dance or something? Jazz hands?

Once Trump is out, which will be soon, he'll never be president again. All the idiots who believed in him will realize he was lying all this time -- it was all about himself, and he didn't care a damn about anyone else. How's that for crumble?
Old 10th January 2021, 07:41 AM   #2893
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It's getting boring watching you fail.
If you’re open to a suggestion, maybe just stop watching?
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 09:03 AM   #2894
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

What are the (snicker) revolutionaries going to do after they're rounded up, tried, convicted of felonies, and stripped of their rights to own guns, go pew-pew-pew with their fingers as they (snicker) storm the local library?
Old 10th January 2021, 09:33 AM   #2895
sts60
Illuminator

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove personalisation

As I said before, many of them will pay a price; they are losing jobs, and facing charges from trespassing and theft up to violent sedition, insurrection, and murder. But the beauty of being a witless, gutless, anonymous troll pushing cretinous conspiracy fantasies is that you never have to face any consequences.

Except one: the one thing a troll dreads more than anything else is the prospect of the grown-ups no longer talking to him. I think that’s a suitable approach here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 190871C5-71C2-4260-B02E-449419F41B19.jpg (82.5 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Agatha; 14th January 2021 at 06:19 AM.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 09:55 AM   #2896
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post

As I said before, many of them will pay a price; they are losing jobs, and facing charges from trespassing and theft up to violent sedition, insurrection, and murder. But the beauty of being a witless, gutless, anonymous troll pushing cretinous conspiracy fantasies is that you never have to face any consequences.

Except one: the one thing a troll dreads more than anything else is the prospect of the grown-ups no longer talking to him. I think that’s a suitable approach here.
I wonder if all the entitled nitwits who thought sedition was a thing to try, and now discover their silly selfies are incriminating them in the act, and are getting rounded up. . . I wonder if they thought how it might end? I wonder how they feel about "revolution" after losing their jobs, their businesses, the freedom they didn't fully appreciate before? A local CEO here whined about how dumb his decision was, yet another, an unemployed Q-nut said he regretted nothing. I think that's how it's going to go as they round up these morons: those that realize their lives are ruined unless they bend a knee and ask forgiveness, and those losers who have nothing left to lose, and will stubbornly and uselessly cling to conspiracy worldview that leads them around by the nose like sheep.

This is all going to play out to the ultimate chagrin of those apprehended and charged, and to the delight of the rest of us.

Old 10th January 2021, 10:07 AM   #2897
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It's getting boring watching you fail. Can't you add something to your schtick? A little tap dance or something? Jazz hands?

Once Trump is out, which will be soon, he'll never be president again. All the idiots who believed in him will realize he was lying all this time -- it was all about himself, and he didn't care a damn about anyone else. How's that for crumble?
I see no evidence that they will see him as he is.
They followed him this far, they’ll follow him even further.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:18 AM   #2898
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post

And the beauty of being the President who incited those people to the acts for which they will pay those prices is that, with a Republican party behind him who have apparently settled on a pious "heal the nation" message to prevent his impeachment, he won't have to pay any price at all. Of course, it's just coincidental that the "heal the nation" guff also takes the spotlight off them for their enabling of him for the last four years.

And the CT fantasists will be just fine with that.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 10:21 AM   #2899
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
As is our interlocutor here, they are Randi's unsinkable rubber ducks.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:23 AM   #2900
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
And the beauty of being the President who incited those people to the acts for which they will pay those prices is that, with a Republican party behind him who have apparently settled on a pious "heal the nation" message to prevent his impeachment, he won't have to pay any price at all. Of course, it's just coincidental that the "heal the nation" guff* also takes the spotlight off them for their enabling of him for the last four years.

And the CT fantasists will be just fine with that.
*The guff that will go away at about 12:02 PM Jan 20th, 2021.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:40 AM   #2901
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Anyone know if they're making any progress locating the terrorist that murdered the Capitol cop?
Old 10th January 2021, 10:49 AM   #2902
eerok
Quixoticist

I'm part optimist and part pragmatist, so I'm always conflicted about this sort of thing.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:56 AM   #2903
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Mmm, the mob is fickle. They may not really see the facts, but if they're no longer satisfied, they will seek new leaders. They discovered him in 2015. They might easily forget him in 2021.

Hans
Old 10th January 2021, 01:12 PM   #2904
BazBear
Possible Suspect

You have no clue of what went down Tuesday.
Yeah I do, on Tuesday the GOP lost both of GA senate runoffs, giving control of the senate to the Dems.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 01:23 PM   #2905
gmanontario
Muse

Trump tried to assemble the Avengers, he got Duck Dynasty

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/sta...941976067?s=20

Red Green
gmanontario is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 01:41 PM   #2906
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

"He doesn't like low-class things . . . "

Yeah, nothing screams tasteful like gold-plated bathroom fixtures.
Old 10th January 2021, 01:45 PM   #2907
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The terrorist shot and killed at the insurrection claimed "the storm is here . . . "

Storm done fizzled; cue sad trombone.
Old 10th January 2021, 04:29 PM   #2908
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Trump has Pelosi's laptop.
I looked into this as Richard Barnett denied he stole the anything else, other than Pelosi's private mail when he was charged. (Code 18 Section 1708 Felony charge of up to five years for stealing federal mail.)

However it appears the laptop belong to a conference room and was used for presentations.
"Drew Hammill, an aide to Democrat Pelosi, said on Twitter that the laptop belonged to a conference room and was used for presentations. He declined to offer further details."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29D2HA

An extreme right wing internet platform called The Blaze previously claimed to have a photo of Nancy Pelosi's emails on screen, but this has now disappeared.
Old 10th January 2021, 05:39 PM   #2909
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump cut off from fundraising and messaging platforms.
His radical supporters being arrested.
his Republican henchmen turning their back on him.
another Impeachment looming.

Yep, everything is going the way Bubba knew it would.

So you've heard the good news then?

This one apparently is still in the dark:

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
The terrorist shot and killed at the insurrection claimed "the storm is here . . . "

Storm done fizzled; cue sad trombone.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 06:24 PM   #2910
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Diaper Don finally signs flag order to honor cop murdered by terrorists.

Quote:
President Donald Trump ordered that the flag flying above the White House be lowered to half-staff on Sunday to honor US Capitol Police officers Brian Sicknick and Howard Liebengood, who were both on duty when a mob of Trump's supporters stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday.
About time the lazy coward got around to this.
Old 10th January 2021, 06:44 PM   #2911
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Diaper Don finally signs flag order to honor cop murdered by terrorists.

About time the lazy coward got around to this.

So...your sources still keeping Y'all in the dark about current events, then?

(thats an obvious 'yes', as it has been since forever)

It will be interesting to see how your sources spin what they are hiding, when they have to report on it.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:25 PM   #2912
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Fascinating.

So your source of information, Trump, has been banned from telling you what to think, on most platforms and now refuses to do press conferences as president, yet you think normal people are "in the dark" because they are reading about this in full, as it unfolds?

Old 10th January 2021, 07:35 PM   #2913
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Fascinating.

So your source of information, Trump, has been banned from telling you what to think, on most platforms and now refuses to do press conferences as president, yet you think normal people are "in the dark" because they are reading about this in full, as it unfolds?

It is so pleasant not to see his orange mug, pleasurable still that his sub-literate tweets are now just to be archived as the stupid meanderings of the worst president ever. In just a few days, he'll be gone, the SDNY hot on his tail; he's gonna have to find a friendly non-extradition haven if he want to duck all the legal **** storm coming his way. Plus, all the grift he's raking in from the election fraud con may end up hoovered by his creditors. His downfall in real time is so ******* satisfying.
Old 10th January 2021, 07:41 PM   #2914
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Didnt I see you pushing the cretinous 'Russia' conspiracy theory?
Did you forget again Bubba?

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

You really need to get better sources other than the Falun Gong's Epoch Times propaganda freebee.
Old 10th January 2021, 07:43 PM   #2915
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Did you forget again Bubba?

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

You really need to get better sources other than the Falun Gong's Epoch Times propaganda freebee.
Yeah, the russia conspiracy with all those convictions, then filthy corrupt pardons by the diapered one.
Old 10th January 2021, 07:44 PM   #2916
GraculusTheGreenBird
Critical Thinker

It will be interesting to see how your sources spin what they are hiding, when they have to report on it.
Why don't you tell us what's going to happen,
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0
?

Then you will be on record, and we will have to admit that you were right and we were wrong?

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th January 2021 at 10:36 AM.
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 07:58 PM   #2917
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Are your sources the ones trying to get everyone on Social Media to repeat the QAnon/8kun Guys claim that:

1) Pelosi’s laptop was totes taken in the insurrection
2) It wa full of incriminating stuff and she was arrested at the border.
3) Trump is at Cheyenne mountain forming a New government
4) The Pope was also arrested
5) As was the Italian Prime Minister
6) General Flynn is in charge of suppressing the Democrats, and has been reenstated at full rank.
7) Pence, McConnel & Graham will be arrested because the whole insurrection was to get them to show their ‘true’ loyalty.
8) Powell and Lin Wood will be presiding over all the indictments.

So, basically more fantasy from the QAnon dream factory.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 08:01 PM   #2918
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Are your sources the ones trying to get everyone on Social Media to repeat the QAnon/8kun Guys claim that:

1) Pelosi’s laptop was totes taken in the insurrection
2) It wa full of incriminating stuff and she was arrested at the border.
3) Trump is at Cheyenne mountain forming a New government
4) The Pope was also arrested
5) As was the Italian Prime Minister
6) General Flynn is in charge of suppressing the Democrats, and has been reenstated at full rank.
7) Pence, McConnel & Graham will be arrested because the whole insurrection was to get them to show their ‘true’ loyalty.
8) Powell and Lin Wood will be presiding over all the indictments.

So, basically more fantasy from the QAnon dream factory.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Stupid, credulous and stupid is no way to go through life.
Old 10th January 2021, 08:07 PM   #2919
sts60
Illuminator

Then there’s this instant classic. Just beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49B54DF0-660B-44EF-9701-657BDC5F7F9D.jpg (51.5 KB, 25 views)
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 08:08 PM   #2920
Bubba
Philosopher

Time will tell
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories