ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lawsuits , Michael Cohen , Stephanie Clifford , Stormy Daniels , Trump controversies

Old 10th July 2018, 02:14 PM   #1761
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Can you point to a poster here who thinks those two are "in this to change the world"?
nope.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 03:01 PM   #1762
NoahFence
Banned

Come on man! I'm waiting to see if it was me
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 04:27 AM   #1763
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Stormy got herself arrested last night for touching a patron while nude...or somesuch.

Not hard to find a link if you need all the gory details.
Old 12th July 2018, 04:27 AM   #1764
NoahFence
Banned

now she's been arrested. can't blow the thread off much longer!
Old 12th July 2018, 04:29 AM   #1765
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/12/p...ested-in-ohio/

Quote:
Under Ohio law, an employee who regularly appears nude or seminude on the premises of a sexually oriented business is not allowed to touch anyone who's not a family member while nude or seminude at that business.
So...they are allowed to touch family members?
Old 12th July 2018, 04:34 AM   #1766
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

And I guess that means a lap dance is right out???

There goes one of my dreams!
Old 12th July 2018, 04:49 AM   #1767
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/12/p...ested-in-ohio/

So...they are allowed to touch family members?
I know, seems rather strange, but each to their own.
Old 12th July 2018, 05:14 AM   #1768
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think she is lucky the charges aren't a lot more serious...

Quote:
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was performing at Sirens Adult Entertainment Club on Cleveland Avenue in north Columbus. According to an arrest report, Daniels began dancing around 11:30 Wednesday night. During her performance, officers in the club said they witnessed Daniels using her bare breasts to smack patrons. The officers also said they observed Daniels fondling the breasts of female patrons.

The report states that when the officers approached the stage, Daniels held the face of the female officer between her breasts. It also says she did the same to a male officer. The report goes on to say Daniels fondled the buttocks and breasts of another officer. At that point, court documents state that a fourth officer exited the club to request assistance to make an arrest.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 05:20 AM   #1769
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

These days, Clifford is taking a hell of a risk of a sexual assault charge if she's touching patrons, imo. One of them could easily say they didn't ask for such contact.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 05:23 AM   #1770
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
4 officers in the club and then they had to request additional officers to arrest her? One would almost think they were trying to get a free show!
Old 12th July 2018, 05:25 AM   #1771
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Ohio cares, a lot. It lets freaky wrestling coaches touch inappropriately and sexually harass young students in their care with no charges brought, but frowns on consensual touching among adults. How holy and typically Cringian "Christian." Looking at you, Rep. Jim Jordan, star Hypocrite of Ohio.
Old 12th July 2018, 06:07 AM   #1772
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

https://localtvwjw.files.wordpress.c...7/img_8125.jpg

That's the report, which is a bit of a different story, but is pretty clearly multiple violations of the law.

Old 12th July 2018, 06:08 AM   #1773
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
Ohio cares, a lot. It lets freaky wrestling coaches touch inappropriately and sexually harass young students in their care with no charges brought, but frowns on consensual touching among adults. How holy and typically Cringian "Christian." Looking at you, Rep. Jim Jordan, star Hypocrite of Ohio.
In addition to the fact that is next level whataboutism designed to derail the discussions from Stormy's sexual abuse, the alleged statements in this post regarding what people are saying about him are utterly false and complete lies.

sad.

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 12th July 2018 at 06:09 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:09 AM   #1774
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
4 officers in the club and then they had to request additional officers to arrest her? One would almost think they were trying to get a free show!
They arrested three dancers, I believe. The undercover cops likely did not participate in the arrests.

Old 12th July 2018, 06:33 AM   #1775
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

What specific laws do you think were violated in those interactions?
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:36 AM   #1776
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
In addition to the fact that is next level whataboutism designed to derail the discussions from Stormy's sexual abuse, the alleged statements in this post regarding what people are saying about him are utterly false and complete lies.

sad.
This discussion is about her suing the president, not Stormy's offense in Ohio.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:44 AM   #1777
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
I think that LTC8K6 was quite specific that Stormy Daniels was lucky that none of the victims brought sexual assault allegations.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:51 AM   #1778
The_Animus
Master Poster

This seems like a great use of police time and taxpayer money.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:58 AM   #1779
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I think that LTC8K6 was quite specific that Stormy Daniels was lucky that none of the victims brought sexual assault allegations.
And of course that would have meant that the contact was not consensual which there seems to be absolutely no indication that it was. So as they are only charging with violations of prohibitions of consensual contact it would seem that the officers consented to being assaulted.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:02 AM   #1780
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

And of course that would have meant that the contact was not consensual which there seems to be absolutely no indication that it was. So as they are only charging with violations of prohibitions of consensual contact it would seem that the officers consented to being assaulted.
Is consent for sexual contact assumed, or does it have to be sought ?

Did Stormy Daniels seek consent ?

Quote:
The report states that when the officers approached the stage, Daniels held the face of the female officer between her breasts. It also says she did the same to a male officer. The report goes on to say Daniels fondled the buttocks and breasts of another officer. At that point, court documents state that a fourth officer exited the club to request assistance to make an arrest.
If consent was sought and given - is this entrapment ?

If it wasn't given then IMO she is lucky that the charges aren't more serious. Maybe consent is implied by being a punter in a strip joint.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:10 AM   #1781
xjx388
Philosopher

Stormy Daniels sues the President Part II

Duplicate
Old 12th July 2018, 07:12 AM   #1782
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

A bartender at my neighborhood bar got fired after she sold a cigarette to an undercover cop without checking their ID. Did the cop consent to the transaction? Does it matter?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:19 AM   #1783
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This will make her live show even more popular. Another boost to her career - this time because she was arrested.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:23 AM   #1784
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
A bartender at my neighborhood bar got fired after she sold a cigarette to an undercover cop without checking their ID. Did the cop consent to the transaction? Does it matter?
It would if there was a separate crime of forcing cigarettes on people.

Stormy Daniels has been charged as if the contact was consensual. The question is whether she is lucky not to have additionally been charged with sexual assault.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:26 AM   #1785
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's interesting that so many females are the target of her bawdyness. I don't know anything about her business persona. Is she very much bisexual in her films and live performances?
Old 12th July 2018, 07:29 AM   #1786
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
cool story brah
Old 12th July 2018, 07:29 AM   #1787
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It's interesting that so many females are the target of her bawdyness. I don't know anything about her business persona. Is she very much bisexual in her films and live performances?
It could also be that her punters like to see a bit of girl-on-girl action.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:32 AM   #1788
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
This discussion is about her suing the president, not Stormy's offense in Ohio.

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 12th July 2018 at 07:34 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:36 AM   #1789
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

This will make her live show even more popular. Another boost to her career - this time because she was arrested.
well, from what I hear it will probably not make it less popular, in fact I believe that would be hard to do at this point.

-M. Avenatti
Old 12th July 2018, 07:41 AM   #1790
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
well, from what I hear it will probably not make it less popular, in fact I believe that would be hard to do at this point.
It will become more popular if many people don't already know that a Stormy show includes patrons getting a bare titty face smash and slap. I myself would have thought that that isn't part of the show.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:42 AM   #1791
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

It will become more popular if many people don't already know that a Stormy show includes patrons getting a bare titty face smash and slap. I myself would have thought that that isn't part of the show.
Some would call that a bug, but I guess one could see it as a feature.

-M. Avenatti
Old 12th July 2018, 07:43 AM   #1792
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It could also be that her punters like to see a bit of girl-on-girl action.
I wonder if it is performed and perceived as an act of seduction or an act of dominance, or both, or what.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:50 AM   #1793
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting theory: her team called the cops on Stormy to obscure the fact that their cases in California are turning to **** and the bankruptcy court just hung a huge collar on her lawyer.

As mentioned above, what better advertising for a busted porn star than an arrest?

Just sleazy enough to work!

-M. Avenatti
Old 12th July 2018, 07:50 AM   #1794
xjx388
Philosopher

OK, weird . . . I guess it wasn't a duplicate?

Anyway, I was just mentioning that Stormy blew through my neighborhood over the 4th and 5th of July. According to the club owner, who I know, it was sparsely attended and he lost quite a bit of money. The patrons that did attend were disappointed that she wasn't as touchy-feely as the regular dancers. The Rio Grande Valley is pretty conservative also. Touching isn't allowed in my city, McAllen, but in the city across the street, Edinburg, it's allowed. Thus, all the strip bars are in Edinburg.

I'd wager that the club in Ohio usually has no problem with touching patrons; it's the norm. Those cops were sent there specifically to catch her in the act. Ohio is pretty republican, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but . . . it's a conspiracy! Still, you'd think a traveling stripper would inform herself of the laws in each jurisdiction to avoid such issues. She has to know there are those who would like to stick it to her -uh, in a legal sense.
Old 12th July 2018, 07:51 AM   #1795
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

"which is a bit of a different story"

Old 12th July 2018, 07:54 AM   #1796
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
OK, weird . . . I guess it wasn't a duplicate?

Anyway, I was just mentioning that Stormy blew through my neighborhood over the 4th and 5th of July. According to the club owner, who I know, it was sparsely attended and he lost quite a bit of money. The patrons that did attend were disappointed that she wasn't as touchy-feely as the regular dancers. The Rio Grande Valley is pretty conservative also. Touching isn't allowed in my city, McAllen, but in the city across the street, Edinburg, it's allowed. Thus, all the strip bars are in Edinburg.

I'd wager that the club in Ohio usually has no problem with touching patrons; it's the norm. Those cops were sent there specifically to catch her in the act. Ohio is pretty republican, isn't it? I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but . . . it's a conspiracy! Still, you'd think a traveling stripper would inform herself of the laws in each jurisdiction to avoid such issues. She has to know there are those who would like to stick it to her -uh, in a legal sense.
Franklin County Ohio voted 61% for Hillary, 35% for Trump.

Old 12th July 2018, 07:56 AM   #1797
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, until I read the affidavit and said: "which is a bit of a different story"...

Old 12th July 2018, 07:56 AM   #1798
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Franklin County Ohio voted 61% for Hillary, 35% for Trump.
But how did this police department vote.
Old 12th July 2018, 08:08 AM   #1799
plague311
Great minds think...

Lucky? Nobody even complained. There wasn't a single mention in that report that any patron had an issue with it at all. No one approached the officers, no one brought it up, etc.

Isn't it a little odd to have 4 police officers in a strip club? I don't know this area but I lived in Fargo, ND. One of the most conservative places in America. I never even saw a cop permanently at our strip club, let alone 4.

Stormy broke the law, got arrested, and is now paying for what she did. No complaints here. It appears everything is working as designed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 08:11 AM   #1800
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Why didn't the manager (or anyone working there) quickly intervene by telling Stormy that what she is doing is illegal?

Is there some missing part of the story where this kind of thing happens all the time at this club and nobody complains and the law is overlooked and unenforced?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics