ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Michael Avenatti

Old 1st July 2018, 05:53 PM   #41
Doubt
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Just more evidence of Avenetti being a piece of ****:

Trump should have hired Avenetti as his lawyer, since Avenetti is cleaning up after him anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Source for that quote? It is not clear what is going on from your post at all.

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 06:03 PM   #42
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
It is a tweet from Avenatti, taking full credit for something or other that he likely had zero to do with.

Don't expect anything but a self serving tweet as far as support, it is just a site for skeptics and Avenatti fan bois, never the twain shall meet

#PASTA!
Old 1st July 2018, 07:48 PM   #43
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
TBD has worked very hard to make Avenetti look like a horrible person. I'm showing that Avenetti cares more than our own POTUS about reuniting children.

I apologise, I assumed the stark contrast between my statement and the tweet would relay the sarcasm. I forget it doesn't work well in print.

ETA: oops, I didn't have a link to the tweet. My fault.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...293417984?s=19

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 1st July 2018 at 07:50 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 07:50 PM   #44
Whip
Muse

avenatti is an attention whore plain and simple.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2018, 08:16 PM   #45
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Jesus Christ. In addition to his personal branding of #basta, now he has started #fightclub, what ever the **** that is supposed to mean.

Thanks for linking to a completely substance free tweet!

#Pasta!
Old 1st July 2018, 08:21 PM   #46
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Avenattii will probably be disbarred for the nonsense he pulled with his bankruptcy.

I posted the articles concerning same up above.
Old 1st July 2018, 08:40 PM   #47
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Avenattii will probably be disbarred for the nonsense he pulled with his bankruptcy.

Want to bet.
Old 2nd July 2018, 03:46 AM   #48
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I think Trump has demonstrated bankruptcy is no impediment to success.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:06 AM   #49
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I think Trump has demonstrated bankruptcy is no impediment to success.
Being disbarred is an impediment to success for a lawyer
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:48 AM   #50
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

It is a tweet from Avenatti, taking full credit for something or other that he likely had zero to do with.

Don't expect anything but a self serving tweet as far as support, it is just a site for skeptics and Avenatti fan bois, never the twain shall meet

#PASTA!
indeed, I don't assign weight to the tweet, because I'm disinclined to assign weight to self-serving statements from any vocal self promoter.
Old 2nd July 2018, 07:23 AM   #51
Whip
Muse

unfortunately, that's a pretty high bar to get over. see: larry klayman
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 07:47 AM   #52
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
unfortunately, that's a pretty high bar to get over. see: larry klayman
what is a high bar? Avenatti has been accused of bankruptcy fraud, keeping attorney fees that did not belong to him, deliberate self dealing in breach of his fiduciary duties and tax evasion.
Old 2nd July 2018, 08:08 AM   #53
plague311
Great minds think...

#PASTA!
I didn't know you had such difficulty reading. Perhaps I can help you see through the blinding hatred you have for people that are prosecuting your hero. See, you can't say he's "taking full credit" when the opening sentence of tweet blatantly says that he's been working with whistleblowers, PLUS he uses the word "we" instead of "I".

Glad I could help with that. I'm not sure if I can trust much of your future analysis if you're unable to catch minuscule little details like that.

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:42 AM   #54
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

And ?
Old 2nd July 2018, 11:38 AM   #55
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Hilarious reply in support of the motion for restraining order against very Thirtsy Michael Avenatti.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...n-related.html

still think the motion is a bit of a stretch but ya gotta enjoy them calling out Avenatti for his self promoting ********.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 2nd July 2018 at 11:49 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 11:47 AM   #56
plague311
Great minds think...

Hilarious reply in support of the motion for restraining order against very Thirtsy Michael Avenatti.

still think the motion is a stretch but ya gotta enjoy them calling out Avenatti for his self promoting ********.
Thank you for pointing that out actually. In all seriousness it looks like that's the ONLY thing they've pointed out. They haven't gone after any weaknesses in his case, or the things he says. Basically just whining about his self-promoting.

Again, thank you for posting those and bringing the pathetic part of their case to light. Awesome!

Old 2nd July 2018, 12:07 PM   #57
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

still think the motion is a bit of a stretch but ya gotta enjoy them calling out Avenatti for his self promoting ********.
This part is especially funny...
Originally Posted by defendant legal document
... he routinely accuses Cohen of various criminal acts, being a moron, etc.
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:14 PM   #58
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
This part is especially funny...
Amen, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

What a hoot!
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:17 PM   #59
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Amen, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

What a hoot!
For clarity, no, that's not the angle that amuses me. (In addition, Avenatti doesn't impress me as a moron, whereas Cohen does.)
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:40 PM   #60
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
For clarity, no, that's not the angle that amuses me. (In addition, Avenatti doesn't impress me as a moron, whereas Cohen does.)
I wouldn't call Cohen a moron, he's just a sleazy legal hack who's not nearly as sharp as he (and Trump, an authentic moron) once thought he was.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 04:28 PM   #61
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

He is an attention whore who got the reputable new media talking about golden showers and the sitting president in the same sentence. Paul Revere was an idiot and Jefferson owned slaves. For all his faults, Avenatti damaged Trump and that's never a bad thing. You don't have to be perfect to be a patriot.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:09 PM   #62
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He is an attention whore who got the reputable new media talking about golden showers and the sitting president in the same sentence. Paul Revere was an idiot and Jefferson owned slaves. For all his faults, Avenatti damaged Trump and that's never a bad thing. You don't have to be perfect to be a patriot.
No he didnít. That is ridiculous.

Avenatti has so many people snowed that they are giving him credit for stuff that happened while he was a virtually unknown although sleazy class action lawyer.
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:22 PM   #63
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

No he didnít. That is ridiculous.

Avenatti has so many people snowed that they are giving him credit for stuff that happened while he was a virtually unknown although sleazy class action lawyer.
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that news media didn't discuss the Steel Dossier and the pee show after the Anderson Cooper interview? Did his client not describe spanking Trump with a magazine with his picture on it. Did not millions of Americans watch this interview?

Who cares what he was before? I don't recall being perfect ever being a prerequisite for being a patriot. For all his faults, when Trump had a paper cut, Avanatti found some salt and lemon juice and poured it right in. It's what anyone loyal to nation would do in his situation.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:36 PM   #64
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that news media didn't discuss the Steel Dossier and the pee show after the Anderson Cooper interview? Did his client not describe spanking Trump with a magazine with his picture on it. Did not millions of Americans watch this interview?

Who cares what he was before? I don't recall being perfect ever being a prerequisite for being a patriot. For all his faults, when Trump had a paper cut, Avanatti found some salt and lemon juice and poured it right in. It's what anyone loyal to nation would do in his situation.
Iím sorry, I was flat out saying that they discussed it long before people had heard of Avenatti. Yet avenatti fans are perfectly willing to rewrite history and give credit to Thirsty.

Heís a total con man.
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:42 PM   #65
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

So? He's hurting Trump with his con. It's not as if any normal rule of honor or honesty applies to Trump. You just have to inflict political damage.

Last edited by Craig4; 2nd July 2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:52 PM   #66
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

So? He's hurting Trump with his con. It's not as if any normal rule of honor or honesty applies to Trump. You just have to inflict political damage.
So? So you lied that Avenatti deserved credit for the Steele dossier.

But I guess that was a "con" to inflict political damage.
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:57 PM   #67
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

So? So you lied that Avenatti deserved credit for the Steele dossier.

But I guess that was a "con" to inflict political damage.
As long as the damage is inflicted.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:14 PM   #68
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

As long as the damage is inflicted.
oh yeah, it absolutely was.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:32 PM   #69
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

oh yeah, it absolutely was.
I'm glad we agree.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:41 PM   #70
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I'm glad we agree.
As to damage? Yeah we do.

As to the target of that damage? Absolutely not.

Blow back can be a stone cold bitch.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:46 PM   #71
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

As to damage? Yeah we do.

As to the target of that damage? Absolutely not.

Blow back can be a stone cold bitch.
Yet Mr. Avanatti is uninjured and on the news tonight and no one seems to be talking about him (except the we hate America crowd at Fox). The talk seems to be what Cohen will do and Avanatti is stirring that pot nicely.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:54 PM   #72
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Yet Mr. Avanatti is uninjured and on the news tonight and no one seems to be talking about him (except the we hate America crowd at Fox). The talk seems to be what Cohen will do and Avanatti is stirring that pot nicely.
I was referring to the person who was caught in a deliberate lie, in this thread, about the Steele dossier.
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:59 PM   #73
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I was referring to the person who was caught in a deliberate lie, in this thread, about the Steele dossier.
It's just Trump so it's okay.
Old 3rd July 2018, 03:09 AM   #74
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

In retrospect I was conflating two stories pushed by two great Americans. James Comey flogged the story about Trump's pee fetish while Avanatti and his client pushed the story about Trump's fetish for being spanked with magazines with his picture on them. With so many patriots pushing so many damaging stories about Trump's various sexual aberrations, they can run together. How silly of me.
Old 3rd July 2018, 04:49 AM   #75
Drewbot
Philosopher

Stuttering John just announced on Twitter that he has retained Avenatti to represent him in his current legal problems wrt his prank call on the President.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2018, 05:58 AM   #76
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Stuttering John just announced on Twitter that he has retained Avenatti to represent him in his current legal problems wrt his prank call on the President.
That is beautiful.

What experience do you have with Secret Service investigations?
I have 1 million twitter followers.
You are hired!

Bababooey!
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:54 AM   #77
plague311
Great minds think...

That is beautiful.

You are hired!

Bababooey!
Are there many lawyers with lots of secret service investigations that you can link to?

Old 3rd July 2018, 10:14 AM   #78
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

That is beautiful.

You are hired!

Bababooey!
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Are there many lawyers with lots of secret service investigations that you can link to?

Good point. Can't be many.
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:30 AM   #79
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Good point. Can't be many.
But if you want to raise a middle finger to the president, turn your case into a media circus (which in deep blue New York or New Jersey where I presume he lives can only help him) and generally make Trump and Kushner look even more stupid, Avanatti is your guy.
Old 9th July 2018, 08:45 AM   #80
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Thirsty got sued by the woman that Broidy allegedly knocked up.

the complaint is under seal, so I cannot say with assurance why Avenatti was named as a defendant. Of course Avenatti rushed right to Twitter to complain about it, and got destroyed by one of the plaintiff's lawyers in reply.

Here is some info. https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...14117622521856

If I were a betting man, I would lay 2-1 odds that the woman/plaintiff went to Avenatti for advice about her NDA and Thirsty managed to breach it causing Broidy to stop payments.

Time will tell, but I think we can all agree that Avenatti is a complete bozo.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics