ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Reply
Old 12th June 2018, 11:12 PM   #81
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,061
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Not until you are charged or indicted. It's part of discovery in a trial, not part of the investigation.
that's kind of unfair - like not telling you in advance that your house will be searched.
__________________
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!"
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 02:19 AM   #82
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,235
It's being reported that Cohen is telling friends he expects to be arrested any day now
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:36 AM   #83
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,537
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Let's hope there are state charges too.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:37 AM   #84
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,537
Good to see an American patriot fighting back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/polit...uit/index.html

The Whore doesn't have a great track record in court. Let's hope he wins.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 05:08 AM   #85
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Good to see an American patriot fighting back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/polit...uit/index.html

The Whore doesn't have a great track record in court. Let's hope he wins.
You donít know much about what McCabe did do you? It will certainly make this much more fun that he still has defenders.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 06:06 AM   #86
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
Originally Posted by logger View Post
You donít know much about what McCabe did do you? It will certainly make this much more fun that he still has defenders.
There is literally no chance whatsoever that someone who read the IG's report would call McCabe a hero.

Or perhaps I am all wet about this, and McCabe was in fact a hero, for leaking the fact that the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation shortly before the election in order to mitigate the blowback from the fact his wife took money from her pal.
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 06:08 AM   #87
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Are defendants legally entitled to information that the prosecution has?

Would innocent defendants care?
Of course, you are joking right?

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Not until you are charged or indicted. It's part of discovery in a trial, not part of the investigation.
Concord WAS indicted as I have already explained in detail
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 06:34 AM   #88
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,235
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
There is literally no chance whatsoever that someone who read the IG's report would call McCabe a hero.

Or perhaps I am all wet about this, and McCabe was in fact a hero, for leaking the fact that the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation shortly before the election in order to mitigate the blowback from the fact his wife took money from her pal.
Oh, is that the latest reason for why revealing the Clinton was under investigation and concealing the fact that Trump was just before the investigation was actually a leftist plot against Trump?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 06:45 AM   #89
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,420
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Oh, is that the latest reason for why revealing the Clinton was under investigation and concealing the fact that Trump was just before the investigation was actually a leftist plot against Trump?
Right? It doesn't even make sense as a terrible movie plot. Isn't that one of the premises required for a good conspiracy though? The people involved have to be ridiculously inept, yet highly cunning at the same time?
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:35 AM   #90
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Oh, is that the latest reason for why revealing the Clinton was under investigation and concealing the fact that Trump was just before the investigation was actually a leftist plot against Trump?
"latest." Golly, I don't know about that, I do know however that the OIG's said that McCabe released information ďdirected primarily at enhancing McCabeís reputation at the expense of PADAG (Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General).Ē

Curious tho that Clinton fans seem to be under the mistaken apprehension that he is a hero...

Curious, it is almost as if they did not read the report...
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:39 AM   #91
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,235
It's being reported that Cohen will soon be without legal representation in the New York case, and will co-operate with prosecutors
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:46 AM   #92
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,316
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Right? It doesn't even make sense as a terrible movie plot. Isn't that one of the premises required for a good conspiracy though? The people involved have to be ridiculously inept, yet highly cunning at the same time?
But at least in most of these moronic conspiracy theories, the event they are claiming was manipulated by some shadowy cabal actually took place.

Here, we have the claim that there was a conspiracy to keep Trump from the presidency and that the conspirators ginned up bogus intelligence to bring Trump down, and thenÖ sat on their hands and let him win the election.

Itís like saying 9/11 was an inside job if 9/11 never happened.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:54 AM   #93
beren
Graduate Poster
 
beren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,120
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
But at least in most of these moronic conspiracy theories, the event they are claiming was manipulated by some shadowy cabal actually took place.

Here, we have the claim that there was a conspiracy to keep Trump from the presidency and that the conspirators ginned up bogus intelligence to bring Trump down, and then… sat on their hands and let him win the election.

It’s like saying 9/11 was an inside job if 9/11 never happened.
I have information that 4/11 was an inside job!
__________________
Drive-by snark artist.
Deep thinker as long as I can do it quickly with minimal effort.
Band wagon pile-oner
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:57 AM   #94
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Posts: 12,414
Originally Posted by beren View Post
I have information that 4/11 was an inside job!
Makes since...must be a conspiracy. I mean, if you call 411 on the phone they have the phone numbers for everybody!
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 08:01 AM   #95
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
I get it!!, the OIG report is just like the 9/11 Commission report and the McCabe truthers are just like 9/11 truthers in that they didn't read it and if they did, they didn't understand it.

Next level self owns going on here!
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 08:54 AM   #96
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,420
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I get it!!, the OIG report is just like the 9/11 Commission report and the McCabe truthers are just like 9/11 truthers in that they didn't read it and if they did, they didn't understand it.

Next level self owns going on here!
I do not think that means what you think it means.

Also, you brought up Clinton. What the hell does Clinton have to do with this thread? Stay on topic, or move along.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 08:55 AM   #97
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
So now Trump's lawyer no longer has his own lawyer, but Trump's lawyer will soon be providing data to the opposition lawyers in order to keep his butt out of jail while serving as his own lawyer.

This sure sounds like a typical Trump scheme.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 09:10 AM   #98
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,096
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I get it!!<snip>

No, you really don't.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 09:58 AM   #99
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,235
AP are also reporting they have a source saying Cohen's lawyers are going to stop representing him in the case. This story says that he's looking for new lawyers, and contradicts the report that he's been talking about co-operating with prosecutors.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 10:01 AM   #100
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,235
Thread by Renato Mariotti on what Cohen flipping might mean
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 10:58 AM   #101
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
No, you really don't.
Actually he does!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 10:59 AM   #102
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
So now Trump's lawyer no longer has his own lawyer, but Trump's lawyer will soon be providing data to the opposition lawyers in order to keep his butt out of jail while serving as his own lawyer.

This sure sounds like a typical Trump scheme.
Only in Venezuela, oh wait!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:04 AM   #103
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Only in Venezuela, oh wait!
In other words, you are saying that the stupid, greedy, lying unprincipled Republicans who are in charge of the USA are looking like the stupid, greedy, lying unprincipled politicians who in charge in Venezuela.

I sure do agree with your absolutely brilliant comparison of these two issues.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:13 AM   #104
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
In other words, you are saying that the stupid, greedy, lying unprincipled Republicans who are in charge of the USA are looking like the stupid, greedy, lying unprincipled politicians who in charge in Venezuela.

I sure do agree with your absolutely brilliant comparison of these two issues.
Actually no, in other words the government is steam rolling this guy like they do so many times.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:15 AM   #105
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,316
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Actually no, in other words the government is steam rolling this guy like they do so many times.
Republicans are the government. They control all three branches.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:18 AM   #106
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,128
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Republicans are the government. They control all three branches.
Those damn liberals!
__________________
DILLIGAF
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:19 AM   #107
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,096
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Those damn liberals!
I blame President Clinton....
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:19 AM   #108
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 11,245
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Republicans are the government. They control all three branches.
You overlook... Deep state. Establishment. RINOs. Never-Trumpers. Hillary. Obama.

I think that about has it about covered, in terms of the inane justifications that Trump cultists use to deny facts.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:27 AM   #109
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Actually no, in other words the government is steam rolling this guy like they do so many times.
Well then, ...

I guess that means that the Republican government is treating the ex-lawyer of the current Republican president badly in the same way that the Republican government is treating the Republican president badly.

And since the government of Venezuela is bad,
and since the Republican government is bad,
therefore Republicans are bad governors.

Once again, I do agree with 'logger'.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 02:11 PM   #110
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,527
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Literally everything written above is wrong.

While I appreciate people taking an interest in the subject, one quickly realizes that perhaps this is the first time one has considered the issues?
It's cute when you act superior but then get basic facts wrong like:

Quote:
Mueller and his team do not want to give it to them.
They are asking for a protective order, which is not unusual or "McCarthyist", and is not denying the information from the defendant, as it states in your own link.

Let me know when you read the court's sealed information.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 02:25 PM   #111
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post

They are asking for a protective order, which is not unusual or "McCarthyist", and is not denying the information from the defendant, as it states in your own link.

Let me know when you read the court's sealed information.
wait, you mean the link that says that they are seeking a protective order in order to prevent the defendants from seeing the discovery evidence?

Quote:
Mueller on Tuesday asked a federal judge in Washington for an order to protect voluminous evidence sought by lawyers for Concord Management and Consulting LLC, one of three companies and 13 Russian nationals charged in a February indictment alleging election meddling via social media. Prosecutors have uncovered evidence of other individuals and entities who are ďcontinuing to engageĒ in similar activities.
Ok
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 02:42 PM   #112
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,527
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
wait, you mean the link that says that they are seeking a protective order in order to prevent the defendants from seeing the discovery evidence?



Ok
Funny that what you quote doesn't substantiate your claim. You seem to have a pattern of leaping to conclusions. What Mueller is asking for, from your own link:

Quote:
Prosecutors asked Friedrich to bar any co-defendant of Concord from reviewing evidence until they appear in his courtroom to respond to the charges. They also want to regulate disclosure of ďparticularly sensitive material to foreign nationalsĒ by first limiting it to U.S. lawyers for defendants.
Your Linky.

Here's more coverage:

Quote:
"Public or unauthorized disclosure of this case's discovery would result in the release of information that would assist foreign intelligence services, particularly those of the Russian Federation, and other foreign actors in future operations against the United States," prosecutors wrote in the court request Tuesday.

Protective orders on discovery as cases progress to trial are fairly typical -- especially in high-profile cases like this one, which arose out of Mueller's investigation into Russian influence during the 2016 US election. But Concord's and Mueller's teams haven't agreed on the terms of the protective order.

Prosecutors want to bar Concord's team from sharing the documents with 13 Russian co-defendants and two Russian companies that allegedly conspired to spread pro-Trump propaganda on social media. Prosecutors also seek restrictions on sharing the data with other foreigners, such as lawyers outside the US.

If shared too widely, the prosecutors warn, the data could help foreign intelligence services and tip off people and groups that "continue to engage in interference operations like those charges in the present indictment."

If the data were to be physically sent outside of US law offices, "foreign individuals may try [to] use that avenue as a way to obtain sensitive materials as part of an intelligence collection effort," the prosecutors added.

...

In all, prosecutors seek a court order barring the sharing of case documents outside of Concord Management, witnesses and their attorneys. They've also suggested the use of a "firewall" federal attorney as an intermediary during the discovery process.
Linky. (Emphasis mine.)
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 02:52 PM   #113
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,854
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
Funny that what you quote doesn't substantiate your claim. You seem to have a pattern of leaping to conclusions. What Mueller is asking for, from your own link:



Your Linky.

Here's more coverage:



Linky. (Emphasis mine.)
Did you mean to again cite articles that contradict your assertion that they want to prevent the defendants from obtaining access to the material?

protip; attorney eyes only materials are preventing them from giving it to the defendants.

Thanks for the super links, tho.
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramsonís Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:09 PM   #114
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Republicans are the government. They control all three branches.
A small amount of critical thinking would lead you to come to the conclusion that Trump is embroiled in this investigation, even by some who say they are Republicans, funny that.


I suppose youíre not informed enough to have heard the term ďnever TrumpersĒ?


On top of that we even have judges who have ruled against Trump, oh my.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:13 PM   #115
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Well then, ...

I guess that means that the Republican government is treating the ex-lawyer of the current Republican president badly in the same way that the Republican government is treating the Republican president badly.

And since the government of Venezuela is bad,
and since the Republican government is bad,
therefore Republicans are bad governors.

Once again, I do agree with 'logger'.
No youíve got it wrong again, probably because youíre very uninformed of whatís going on. The case against Cohen is from New York State. Only corrupt liberals up there. You didnít know that did you. I donít see why not, itís been in the news constantly. Would you like to tell us why you didnít know something that was so obvious?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:18 PM   #116
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,140
Originally Posted by logger View Post
No youíve got it wrong again, probably because youíre very uninformed of whatís going on. The case against Cohen is from New York State. Only corrupt liberals up there. You didnít know that did you. I donít see why not, itís been in the news constantly. Would you like to tell us why you didnít know something that was so obvious?
Er, isn't the case against Cohen from the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York? In which case, not New York State, but the US DOJ.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:21 PM   #117
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Er, isn't the case against Cohen from the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York? In which case, not New York State, but the US DOJ.
Yes Phiwum, but in liberal New York.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:25 PM   #118
beren
Graduate Poster
 
beren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,120
Originally Posted by logger View Post
No youíve got it wrong again, probably because youíre very uninformed of whatís going on. The case against Cohen is from New York State. Only corrupt liberals up there. You didnít know that did you. I donít see why not, itís been in the news constantly. Would you like to tell us why you didnít know something that was so obvious?
What state is Trump from?
__________________
Drive-by snark artist.
Deep thinker as long as I can do it quickly with minimal effort.
Band wagon pile-oner
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:28 PM   #119
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,140
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yes Phiwum, but in liberal New York.
Er, once again, you said New York State, which just isn't so.

And, once again, the case involves the DOJ of the Republican administration. How does it matter whether New York State is liberal? The (interim) attorney there was appointed by Sessions.

So, is Sessions and his appointee part of "liberal New York"?

(Honestly, I think you misspoke, thinking that it was the state of New York making this case. A perfectly reasonable response would be to admit your error and move on. But I'll wager you'll double down on the "liberal New York" gambit, for reasons which elude me.)
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 03:30 PM   #120
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Er, once again, you said New York State, which just isn't so.

And, once again, the case involves the DOJ of the Republican administration. How does it matter whether New York State is liberal? The (interim) attorney there was appointed by Sessions.

So, is Sessions and his appointee part of "liberal New York"?

(Honestly, I think you misspoke, thinking that it was the state of New York making this case. A perfectly reasonable response would be to admit your error and move on. But I'll wager you'll double down on the "liberal New York" gambit, for reasons which elude me.)
Why donít you just go back and see what I was wasting time responding to?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.