ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 13th August 2019, 10:00 AM   #4521
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If you abolish money people will be in a state of solidarity, love and compassion that prevent crimes. The countries where there are less crimes are countries that take care of the poorest citizens.
Before people used money, the world was barbaric and violent. People died because they possessed something that someone else wanted.

Gaetan, you are a follower of Satan. Is that why you are trying to trick us into giving up our money? It's clear that you continue to use money and have no plans to stop using evil money.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 10:10 AM   #4522
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 13,936
So you are asserting this...

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If you abolish money people will be in a state of solidarity, love and compassion that prevent crimes. The countries where there are less crimes are countries that take care of the poorest citizens.
to be your "state of mental illness"?

If not then you have not addressed the question asked.

Other then that, as you have asserted yourself, even without money, different people will have different desires, inclinations and interests. So a lack of solidarity, even without money, was one of your fundamental claims.

Again do please let use know when you can at least agree with just yourself.

As hate and indifference aren't dependent upon money, eliminating money won't eliminate them either.

Which brings us back to another question you continue to simply not address. How are finite resources allocated in your no money world? Remember as people have different desires, inclinations and interests they are going to want to do different things with such finite resources.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 11:04 AM   #4523
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,321
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You can say no no but it is yes yes, it has been proven since a long time that you are a guy of bad faith.
And you follow the faith of a bad guy - in your book of fairy tales Lot traded his daughters to the crowd and was a righteous man.

A guy that would allow his daughters to be violated is not anything remotely connected to righteousness.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 04:39 PM   #4524
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If you abolish money people will be in a state of solidarity, love and compassion that prevent crimes. The countries where there are less crimes are countries that take care of the poorest citizens.
If you abolish money, society would collapse. It would resort to the strong taking advantage of the weak. When there is no money, there are no people working jobs that doesn't directly benefit them directly. The people who we need to work, sanitation and power, wouldn't report in.

I'm still waiting for your definition of rich.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 05:38 PM   #4525
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
If you abolish money, society would collapse.
There is no reason to collapse if people keep un working
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 05:40 PM   #4526
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
No, it's been proven that you will lie to support your weird ideas and you are hypocritical. Those things have been proven with evidence. You can't change reality no matter how far removed from it you are.
You should go on pedophile island to pick up the proof before the police destroy it.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 05:48 PM   #4527
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You should go on pedophile island to pick up the proof before the police destroy it.
Do the religious have a special island? I thought they took their children wherever they could find them. So you still have nothing negative to say about those religious who abuse children?

The children are real.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 05:49 PM   #4528
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is no reason to collapse if people keep un working
Ah, you've found the fatal flaw in your weird idea. Well done!
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 11:07 PM   #4529
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is no reason to collapse if people keep un working
Most if not all people will stop working if you stop paying them money. Gaetan, you still work for money by your own admission. I believe it's safe to assume you would not work for no money because you would be unable to pay for your living expenses.

So why would anyone follow your wishes when you are a hypocrite?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 06:28 AM   #4530
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Most if not all people will stop working if you stop paying them money.
People are smart enough to continue working and provide themself what they need. In a tribe people don't say i don't work because i don't get money. You fellows are a bunch of hypocrites, you have a lot of money and you don't want to change the system because you take advantage on your neighbour working at low salaries to alloy you to be more rich.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 06:39 AM   #4531
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People are smart enough to continue working and provide themself what they need.
I'm pretty sure even you know that that's false. Why continue saying things that are false?

Quote:
In a tribe people don't say i don't work because i don't get money.
And that's what society would revert to, small tribes of hunter/gatherers having to defend their meager resources against the roving bands ruled by the warlords.

Quote:
You fellows are a bunch of hypocrites, you have a lot of money and you don't want to change the system because you take advantage on your neighbour working at low salaries to alloy you to be more rich.
I'm pretty sure you know that you're the hypocrite. You have very little and want everyone else to suffer at the same level as you.

You have more money and material goods that a lot of people in the world. You have a phone and computer and internet access and yet you hoard your wealth while others starve. How very religious of you.

Speaking of religious, why do you still refuse to speak out against all those religious who abuse children? How much money does their religion pay them per child?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 09:55 AM   #4532
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post

Speaking of religious, why do you still refuse to speak out against all those religious who abuse children? How much money does their religion pay them per child?
Trump sent the police on pedophile island of Epstein to destroy the proofs of him and rich businessmen raping little girls, you should complain about it, why don't you?

Last edited by Gaetan; 14th August 2019 at 09:58 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 09:58 AM   #4533
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People are smart enough to continue working and provide themself what they need. In a tribe people don't say i don't work because i don't get money. You fellows are a bunch of hypocrites, you have a lot of money and you don't want to change the system because you take advantage on your neighbour working at low salaries to alloy you to be more rich.
People are smart enough to keep working if they get paid - just like you.

With no money, we will all be living in tribes as a means of survival because we will need to protect ourselves from nomadic warlords who seek to rape and pillage.

Gaetan is the biggest hypocrite because he keeps working for money while tell the rest of us to stop.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 06:50 PM   #4534
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
[quote=Leftus;12786159

I'm still waiting for your definition of rich.[/QUOTE]

You can see rich when you walk in a street: They pay a car more than 40,000$, they go to Las Vegas to give some of their money to the mafia, they buy nice house very expensive, they go on expensive croisières. They go to see the queen of England and they live in expensive hotels, you know that more than me. By electing a good communist like Mrs Warren or Sanders they'll take some of their money and give it to poor students to go at the university and on health care then don't vote for Biden, Trump, they'll just give more to rich taken from poor.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 07:04 PM   #4535
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
You said all crime is based on money but you haven't yet said how much money the religious make when they abuse children. Is it per child or how does it work?

Or are you saying that you don't think the religious abusing children is a crime?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 08:00 PM   #4536
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You can see rich when you walk in a street: They pay a car more than 40,000$, they go to Las Vegas to give some of their money to the mafia, they buy nice house very expensive, they go on expensive croisières. They go to see the queen of England and they live in expensive hotels, you know that more than me. By electing a good communist like Mrs Warren or Sanders they'll take some of their money and give it to poor students to go at the university and on health care then don't vote for Biden, Trump, they'll just give more to rich taken from poor.
Mrs. Warren and Mr. Sanders are evil because they are wealthy and they use money.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 10:43 PM   #4537
curious cat
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is no reason to collapse if people keep un working
There is no reason to work if people don't get paid...
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:47 AM   #4538
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You can see rich when you walk in a street: They pay a car more than 40,000$, they go to Las Vegas to give some of their money to the mafia, they buy nice house very expensive, they go on expensive croisières. They go to see the queen of England and they live in expensive hotels, you know that more than me. By electing a good communist like Mrs Warren or Sanders they'll take some of their money and give it to poor students to go at the university and on health care then don't vote for Biden, Trump, they'll just give more to rich taken from poor.
I'm in Texas, it's August, I'm not walking in a street for nothing.

I would not consider a 40K car to be a hallmark of someone rich. That's a base model Camaro / Mustang. Not something I'd expect to be seen a "rich" person driving. For a rich person, I'd expect to see something a bit more exotic. A Bently, Maserati, hell, even a BMW.

BTW, here is a list of my cars: 2010 Chevy Camaro, V6. 2008 Maserati Quatroporte, base model. Am I rich? I would argue that you don't have enough information to make such a judgement. You have no idea how much I paid for either, did I get them both new, or pick on up on the used market. You have no idea, and your judgment would be so biased as to be worthless.

You might want to re-evaluate your opinion on the "good communist" Sanders. Man owns vacation homes. Paid cash. Over half a million dollars for it. More than your house and mine, probably, combined. You complain about 40K cars as a sin, but promote the virtue of a man who owns 3 properties and millions in assets. Seriously? a 40K car BAD, half million dollar vacation home Good? This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Warren is not a communist. She is just trying to out Santa the competition. She is also a millionaire and rich. Both of your candidates could not, as you put it, pass through the eye of the needle. They are both firm members of the 1%.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:48 AM   #4539
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is no reason to collapse if people keep un working
But there is no reason for them to work, or work as hard as they do. Remember the hours deficit you avoided? Where people will extract more hours of work from the system that they put in?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 07:41 AM   #4540
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,321
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You can see rich when you walk in a street: They pay a car more than 40,000$, they go to Las Vegas to give some of their money to the mafia, they buy nice house very expensive, they go on expensive croisières. They go to see the queen of England and they live in expensive hotels, you know that more than me. By electing a good communist like Mrs Warren or Sanders they'll take some of their money and give it to poor students to go at the university and on health care then don't vote for Biden, Trump, they'll just give more to rich taken from poor.
Fake news from someone with a fake agenda.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 11:46 AM   #4541
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Mrs. Warren and Mr. Sanders are evil because they are wealthy and they use money.
Often God use sinners to fight against el diablo.

After his call, Matthew invited Jesus home for a feast. On seeing this, the Scribes and the Pharisees criticized Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners. This prompted Jesus to answer, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_the_Apostle
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 11:47 AM   #4542
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 83,853
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Often God use sinners to fight against el diablo.
Are you still here, babbling about the evils of money while paying your internet provider, electricity and food?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 11:49 AM   #4543
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Often God use sinners to fight against el diablo.

After his call, Matthew invited Jesus home for a feast. On seeing this, the Scribes and the Pharisees criticized Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners. This prompted Jesus to answer, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_the_Apostle
And yet you refuse to give up your money because of your hypocrisy. You are really a follower of your fictional Satan character.

How much money do the religiou earn for abusing children? Children are real. Why do you continue to religiously dodge that?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 01:18 PM   #4544
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Often God use sinners to fight against el diablo.

After his call, Matthew invited Jesus home for a feast. On seeing this, the Scribes and the Pharisees criticized Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners. This prompted Jesus to answer, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_the_Apostle
yeah, but how can you tell those doing the work of your devil and those pretending to do the work of your god, while amassing obscene amounts of money and power.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 12:19 AM   #4545
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Often God use sinners to fight against el diablo.

After his call, Matthew invited Jesus home for a feast. On seeing this, the Scribes and the Pharisees criticized Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners. This prompted Jesus to answer, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_the_Apostle
But Matthew didn't sell all he had to follow Jesus did he?

Why do you still use money Gaetan?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 04:59 AM   #4546
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post

Why do you still use money Gaetan?
It is because that's the way the society works, i' d like to work without being paid but nothing is free of charge, then i have to be paid for my work, i thought you knew that, i answered that question before, if you have nothing to say why do you post?
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 06:16 AM   #4547
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because that's the way the society works, i' d like to work without being paid but nothing is free of charge, then i have to be paid for my work, i thought you knew that, i answered that question before, if you have nothing to say why do you post?
Even you know why people ask you that. It's to illustrate your hypocrisy.

Do you have anything other than your hypocrisy to share?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 12:22 PM   #4548
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,859
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You can see rich when you walk in a street: They pay a car more than 40,000$,
I don't.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
they go to Las Vegas to give some of their money to the mafia,
Never been to Las Vegas, never met the Mafia.
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
they buy nice house very expensive,
I live in a modest apartment.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
they go on expensive croisières.
No idea what those are, but pretty sure I have never had one, or any.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They go to see the queen of England
Nope, never done that either.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
and they live in expensive hotels,
Never done that either except on holidays where there is not much choice but to do so.
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
you know that more than me.
How can you possibly tell what anyone "knows"

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
By electing a good communist like Mrs Warren or Sanders they'll take some of their money and give it to poor students to go at the university and on health care then don't vote for Biden, Trump, they'll just give more to rich taken from poor.
Except they won't because Sanders and Warren are not communists. I have no idea where you garnered such an idiotic idea, but they are not.

Anyway, given my answers above, I am one of those you consider as "poors" right?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 12:29 PM   #4549
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,321
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You should go on pedophile island to pick up the proof before the police destroy it.
You're just jealous. The holy men have been molesting kids forever even in your fairy book. Epstein can't hold a candle to the god-men like you. They can't wait to get the young flesh.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 02:41 PM   #4550
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 13,936
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because that's the way the society works, i' d like to work without being paid but nothing is free of charge, then i have to be paid for my work, i thought you knew that, i answered that question before, if you have nothing to say why do you post?
So you are still trying to use what you consider the sins of others as an excuse for what you consider your own sins. Which you said one couldn't do. So again, please let us know when you can at least agree with just yourself.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 03:09 PM   #4551
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People are smart enough to continue working and provide themself what they need. In a tribe people don't say i don't work because i don't get money. You fellows are a bunch of hypocrites, you have a lot of money and you don't want to change the system because you take advantage on your neighbour working at low salaries to alloy you to be more rich.
Yes, they will work to provide for themselves, but not for others. In a tribe, the don't work jobs so far removed from their needs, they produce what they need. Those tribes you fantasize about, don't have electricity. They don't have the internet. They don't do anything but survive. It's a substance living. One bad year and society collapses.

I do not take advantage of my neighbor. I barely know the guy. But if he is working at a low salary, that's on him. Those are his choices. That is his life path. Nothing is stopping him from improving his life. Nothing is stopping you either. Except these fantasies that somehow, if you were just barely surviving, and everyone else would be just barely surviving, then life would be better.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 07:24 PM   #4552
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People are smart enough to continue working and provide themself what they need. In a tribe people don't say i don't work because i don't get money. You fellows are a bunch of hypocrites, you have a lot of money and you don't want to change the system because you take advantage on your neighbour working at low salaries to alloy you to be more rich.
Why do you point out the speck in my eye while ignoring the plank inyiur own eye?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 08:25 PM   #4553
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Those tribes you fantasize about, don't have electricity. They don't have the internet. They don't do anything but survive. It's a substance living.
It is because the hell money is on place since thousand years, if it would never exist the world would more advancesi i explained you why in previous posts: Money stop people to go to school, stop new invention by lack of money and stop innovation by patent on invention. Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.

Last edited by Gaetan; 16th August 2019 at 08:31 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 10:54 PM   #4554
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,859
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because the hell money is on place since thousand years, if it would never exist the world would more advancesi
Nope, we would be cave dwellers.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
i explained you why in previous posts:
Nope. You made a bunch of stupid, unsupported claims.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Money stop people to go to school,
Without money, there would be no schools.
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
stop new invention by lack of money
Without money, there would be noinvention, just basic survival.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
and stop innovation by patent on invention.
Patents protect innovation. Have you no clue how the world works? Got any patents yourself? I do.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.
Hahahaha. Cities don't work without infrastructure. You want to create slums.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 10:57 PM   #4555
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because the hell money is on place since thousand years, if it would never exist the world would more advancesi i explained you why in previous posts: Money stop people to go to school, stop new invention by lack of money and stop innovation by patent on invention. Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.
Total BS. We have societies without money now and they are primitive hunter and gatherer types of tribes. They are ust like the no money workd of thousands of years ago. It was the invention of money that modernized society and made incentives for people to excel and invent conveniences.

A money system is not perfect but it's better than a no money system. How many primitive people in no money societies go to college Gaetan? I rest my case.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2019, 05:22 AM   #4556
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 30,034
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because the hell money is on place since thousand years, if it would never exist the world would more advancesi i explained you why in previous posts: Money stop people to go to school, stop new invention by lack of money and stop innovation by patent on invention. Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.
These are simply lies that you've made up to draw attention away from the evils of religion. Religion is a criminal enterprise and must be abolished.

Why won't you address how evil religious abuse children? Do they do it for money?

This is why everybody knows how hypocritical you are and dismiss everything you say.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2019, 06:14 AM   #4557
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is because the hell money is on place since thousand years, if it would never exist the world would more advancesi i explained you why in previous posts: Money stop people to go to school, stop new invention by lack of money and stop innovation by patent on invention. Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.
So why is it when we find tribes in the deepest, darkest part of the Amazon forest, who don't use money, and the concept is foreign to them do we find them the most advanced technology they have is fire and a spear. We don't find calculus, and some of them don't even have a written language.

While money did not create these goods, it did allow for the creation of these goods. It allows specialization. As the saying goes, nobody knows how to make a pencil, yet they still get made. The guy who grows and harvests the trees, does not know, and probably doesn't care. The guy who makes the carbon for the lead, does not know, but he has a buyer. The guy who makes the glue, probably doesn't give two shakes about what you are gluing together, but just happy to have someone buy his product.

Specialization is what causes things to get better. Patents allow people who create new and innovated stuff to be rewarded for it, rather than have freeloaders copy and steal. It encourages the making of stuff because the fellow who builds a better mousetrap will be able to live rather than someone make a cheap knockoff.

So when are we going to get serious, and take a look at your life choices and come up with a real roadmap to get you out of whatever mental hell you've put yourself in?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2019, 09:14 AM   #4558
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Just look at what Mr Sanders want to do: He said in his program he wants to abolish student's debts (free of charge school) that will permit more student to achieve education necessary for the advance of the society, and also he wants free health care this will also be an advance in the well being of the population.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2019, 09:19 AM   #4559
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 13,936
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Stop the development of city because need of investment to build infrastructures and much more.
Hahahaha. Cities don't work without infrastructure. You want to create slums.
And as we've already explained to Gaetan numerous times, even without money, "to build infrastructures and much more" still requires "investment" of resources, which are finite.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2019, 09:31 AM   #4560
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 13,936
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Just look at what Mr Sanders want to do: He said in his program he wants to abolish student's debts (free of charge school) that will permit more student to achieve education necessary for the advance of the society, and also he wants free health care this will also be an advance in the well being of the population.

First off simply not having to pay for school themselves doesn't guarantee "more student to achieve education necessary for the advance of the society". All it directly means is that students will tend to have less investment and incentive in the process to do well and get an actual usable education. Heck even now, in paying for school themselves, students, at times, don't get practical educations.


Second, universal health care isn't "free health care", it still has to be paid for, just like all that "student's debt".
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.