IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 23 31.51%
No 35 47.95%
I don't know 15 20.55%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th October 2021, 03:27 PM   #3561
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
It is a custom for you, you can't imagine a free world when you' ve always be a slave.
Actually, quite the contrary. Money allows me to be free. I can simply pay others to do things that I would rather not do.

And contrary to your belief, I'm perfectly willing to compensate someone fairly for their work.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2021, 06:27 PM   #3562
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It is a custom for you, you can't imagine a free world when you' ve always be a slave.
I'm not a slave. I'm a master. Slaves like you put money in my pocket. I am a poster child for American, white, middle class, capitalistic, heterosexual, educated, protestant privilege. I'm not a one-percenter in the American economy, but I'm pretty sure I am in the world, and then some. I can imagine a free world, but I can't imagine why I would want it, at least not your vision of it.

Seriously, I am all that, but also seriously, I would much rather imagine a world that is better, more equitable, more honest. Not your roiling mess of shortage, incompetency, ruin and impractical faith. Pie in the sky is nice to imagine, but you cannot eat it.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 10:16 AM   #3563
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
No that is not what you said, you said god was a servant. Yet Christ said god is the only master you should serve.

So again, which is it?

Again, even people without education understand that simply contradicting one's self means no one can agree with you. Because you just can't even agree with simply yourself.
Servants are the real masters people with education understand that
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 10:50 AM   #3564
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I won that debate widely, it just take a few people to make a revolution and i won more than i need, i am not really sure if you fellows exist your post could just be out of a dirty agency computer.
How do I know yours is not? It would certainly account for the linguistic oddities.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:40 PM   #3565
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

The "real masters" of what? The servants?

Why do you want to go against Christ's instructions by serving more than one master and hence (by your assertion) being one of those "real masters" yourself?
Old 12th October 2021, 03:26 PM   #3566
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

More gibberish. Joy.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 07:04 AM   #3567
Leftus
Master Poster

i presume that you are fully vaccinated to get your money slave
You presume incorrectly.

For the record, I got my first dose yesterday and will get the second in a month. The sorting hat put me in House Moderna. I've put it off as long as I could, for personal reasons, but the deadline is Nov 22, and is to be "fully vaccinated by Nov 22" and the reading of that is to be complete is 2 weeks post shot, so I'll be just under the deadline.

As far as the slave comment goes, your concept of having to work for money (and having to work for goods and services in your world) being slavery, my position would be more of the house Negro, than the field hand. Come to think of it, your ideal worlds turns us into field hands.

Field hand (Gaetan worker) - MUST work to eat, no vacation time, no weekends (work to eat).

Salaried employee (Gaetan "slave") 6 figure salary, 6 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of sick time, weekends off!

I wasn't born into that, I was educated in the public system, joined the Marines as I didn't really have the resources to go to college, VA bill into college, worked some not great entry level jobs, got hired at the IRS, and worked and applied my way up the ladder to GS 13. The IRS hired me because I was a vet with a college degree, so nothing special there. Dues were paid, but it is something anyone could have done. And it's not the only path, the problem is that you are bone idle and demand everything that I've earned be handed to you. That's both soul crushing and offensive.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 07:11 AM   #3568
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
You presume incorrectly.

For the record, I got my first dose yesterday and will get the second in a month. The sorting hat put me in House Moderna.
Sweden and some European countries stopped vaccination with moderna for people less than 30 years old because it cause hart deseases, just be carefull with pharmas products, their gaol is money profit not your health.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 07:14 AM   #3569
Leftus
Master Poster

Serious question Gaetan, what Industry do you work in. Macro level, if answering this question bothers you. I ask because, at least in the US the labor market is sideways and employees are in a really good place to seek new jobs or raises. Have you done either of those things?

My offer to assist you with your CV still stands. I can't speak for everyone here but I'm certain the vast majority here would help you tune it up to help you with your financial situation.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 07:20 AM   #3570
Gaetan
Illuminator

The "real masters" of what? The servants?

Why do you want to go against Christ's instructions by serving more than one master and hence (by your assertion) being one of those "real masters" yourself?
Mark 9:35
New International Version
35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
Old 13th October 2021, 07:29 AM   #3571
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Sweden and some European countries stopped vaccination with moderna for people less than 30 years old because it cause hart deseases, just be carefull with pharmas products, their gaol is money profit not your health.
While the multibillion dollar a year, and generally unregulated, supplement and vitamin industry you tout is only interested in, what, your wellbeing?

Based on your displays and assertions here, they've not only missed that goal but have stolen the ball and run off the field.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:35 AM   #3572
Leftus
Master Poster

I crossed the 30 year used by date a decade or 2 ago. I'm always careful with pharma products and only take substances that have been fully vetted by the experts and not what is being shilled by hucksters (and known fraudsters).
Old 13th October 2021, 08:50 AM   #3573
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Wrong as usual. It does not "cause hart deseases (sic)," it increases by a slight amount the risk of one specific heart disease.

Fortunately some of us are over 30, and enjoying the lack of side effects we got from the Moderna. I'm just hoping the booster will be approved soon.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 12:25 PM   #3574
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Sweden and some European countries stopped vaccination with moderna for people less than 30 years old because it cause hart deseases,
Jennifer Hart? Bret Hart? Which Hart do you mean?

just be carefull with pharmas products, their gaol is money profit not your health.
It is "careful" only one "l". "gaol" means prison.

I guess we are back to the persona that cannot communicate clearly. I wonder whose next on shift.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 12:30 PM   #3575
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
Who cares what a stupid old book says? Do you really think donkeys can talk? That snakes can talk AND walk? That a global flood happened? That slavery is moral? That genocide is moral? That incest is moral? That human sacrifice is moral? That jebus even existed?

Old 13th October 2021, 04:48 PM   #3576
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Who cares what a stupid old book says? Do you really think donkeys can talk? That snakes can talk.
Yes, not in this world but the other. A spirit dog talked to me.
Old 13th October 2021, 04:53 PM   #3577
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post

Fortunately some of us are over 30, and enjoying the lack of side effects we got from the Moderna.
Those vaccines caused over millions of side effects and only 1% are reported, you are not informed correctly.
Old 13th October 2021, 05:37 PM   #3578
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

That's called a schizophrenic delusion. Please go to a doctor and get help. You really, really need it.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 06:40 PM   #3579
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

And in what world was that? If, as you suggest, it was in the other world and not this one, it's not very relevant to an argument about this one, is it? Make up your mind.

Old 13th October 2021, 06:44 PM   #3580
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Those vaccines caused over millions of side effects and only 1% are reported, you are not informed correctly.
I will now type a word which I am pretty sure the autocensor will render as asterisks (at least I hope so). Some authors have noted the resemblance of the asterisk to a certain orifice. Here are 8 in a row: ********.

Old 14th October 2021, 01:13 AM   #3581
Joecool
Master Poster

But covid related deaths are in the millions so it would be mathematically in your favor to get vaccinated.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2021, 06:53 AM   #3582
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
But covid related deaths are in the millions so it would be mathematically in your favor to get vaccinated.
But of course if you believe one set of statistics is biased by 99 percent, why not believe the other is too? All those covid deaths were really just people falling down in the bathtub or eating too many jelly donuts. And some of them are probably still alive, living in the basement and pretending to be mice.

Old 14th October 2021, 07:52 AM   #3583
Leftus
Master Poster

Millions of side effects? Name them. I'll get you started - injection site soreness, general fatigue. Two down, 1,999,998 to go. Shouldn't be hard, as you are informed correctly.
Old 14th October 2021, 05:03 PM   #3584
Gaetan
Illuminator

Millions of side effects? Name them. I'll get you started - injection site soreness, general fatigue. Two down, 1,999,998 to go. Shouldn't be hard, as you are informed correctly.
Here is some info from US and WHO very easy to find:

https://ugetube.com/watch/who-databa...zNArujcnBszQil
Old 14th October 2021, 05:23 PM   #3585
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

That's a crank website. Why do you only ever link to lunatics Gaetan?

Old 14th October 2021, 05:35 PM   #3586
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
That's a crank website. Why do you only ever link to lunatics Gaetan?
Birds of a feather, flock together?
Old 15th October 2021, 07:22 AM   #3587
Leftus
Master Poster

Here is some info from US and WHO very easy to find:

https://ugetube.com/watch/who-databa...zNArujcnBszQil
I asked you to list them. A database with over 2 million reports is not the same as 2 million side effects. For example, the two I listed are the most common, injection site discomfort and fatigue. If 2 million people list both of them, we have, not 4 million side effects, but 2.

Just out of curiosity, is there a database that tracks side effects from supplements? Or does the lack of "money profit" make them safe? When are we getting the Gaetan approved list of vaccines? or was that just another lie?
Old 17th October 2021, 08:12 AM   #3588
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

So there Christ was clearly the master telling the rest how they should behave and how things would proceed. It says nothing about Christ being a servant nor that "Servants are the real masters". In fact it only places one, "the very last", as the "the servant of all". So only one servant and "all" the rest their masters.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:15 AM   #3589
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

The son of sam believed one talked to him as well.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:24 AM   #3590
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

So exactly how were you informed of unreported side effects?!?!?

With 6.6 billion people having at least one dose, at just 1% that would be 66 million having experienced (reported) side effects. You aren't even uninformed correctly.

ETA: Sorry the 6.6 B was just doses given. So going off the 2.83 B fully vaccinated and 1% still gives 28 million (reported) side effects.

Last edited by The Man; 17th October 2021 at 10:22 AM.
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 09:28 AM   #3591
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Unreported reports are the best kind, smooth and creamy with just that little hint of brimstone.

Gaetan reminds me a bit of my mom when she was suffering from dementia. She loved to buy books with titles like "200 Secrets Nobody will tell you," and " Facts that Nobody Knows." I used to be bombarded with email spam advertising "The Forbidden CD" and its other iterations, unobtainable except of course for the privileged few.

It's a pity he doesn't like money, or else he could have gotten those millions of $USD so kindly offered by the residual legatees of the King of Gondwanaland, or found in abandoned suitcases in the Entebbe airport.

Old 17th October 2021, 06:45 PM   #3592
Gaetan
Illuminator

I asked you to list them. A database with over 2 million reports is not the same as 2 million side effects. For example, the two I listed are the most common, injection site discomfort and fatigue. If 2 million people list both of them, we have, not 4 million side effects, but 2.
If you see just 1% is reported to US data this is shown in the data, then as you see 16,000 deaths in US this means 1,600,000 deaths caused by vaccines and it is just a biginning, of course medias don't talk about that that why you don't know.
Old 18th October 2021, 07:46 AM   #3593
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

If you see just 1% is reported to US data this is shown in the data, then as you see 16,000 deaths in US this means 1,600,000 deaths caused by vaccines and it is just a biginning, of course medias don't talk about that that why you don't know.
I think you may be confusing some assertion of 1% of people vaccinated experiencing significant side effects with only 1% of side effects experienced being reported. They ain't the same thing.

Either way, if you have a source that actually says 16,000 deaths due to the vaccines in the USA then that means exactly just that. You don't get to simply tack on another unreported 99% and then bemoan that people don't know what even you explicitly assert to be, well, unreported.

ETA: A little fact checking... Total deaths in the USA by year

2016 2,744,248
2017 2,813,503
2018 2,839,205
2019 2,854,838

2020 3,400,000 (not official yet)

So a 20% increase from 2019 (572,000) 350,000 of which are directly attributed to COVID. So even the total increase (all deaths) from 2019 to 2020 in less than one third you're stated 1,600,000 vaccine deaths.

From here it looks like 2021 increase is only about 1.09 percent from 2020.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...tes/death-rate

Your assertions are without any factual basis whatsoever.

Last edited by The Man; 18th October 2021 at 08:17 AM. Reason: eta
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 10:52 AM   #3594
Gaetan
Illuminator

I think you may be confusing some assertion of 1% of people vaccinated experiencing significant side effects with only 1% of side effects experienced being reported. They ain't the same thing.

Either way, if you have a source that actually says 16,000 deaths due to the vaccines in the USA then that means exactly just that. You don't get to simply tack on another unreported 99% and then bemoan that people don't know what even you explicitly assert to be, well, unreported.

ETA: A little fact checking... Total deaths in the USA by year

2016 2,744,248
2017 2,813,503
2018 2,839,205
2019 2,854,838

2020 3,400,000 (not official yet)

So a 20% increase from 2019 (572,000) 350,000 of which are directly attributed to COVID. So even the total increase (all deaths) from 2019 to 2020 in less than one third you're stated 1,600,000 vaccine deaths.

From here it looks like 2021 increase is only about 1.09 percent from 2020.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...tes/death-rate

Your assertions are without any factual basis whatsoever.
You got to multiply every figures by one hundred since just 1% is reported.
Old 18th October 2021, 11:07 AM   #3595
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

So you keep saying, but anyone can say any nonsense. Elsewhere conspiracy theorists have opined that the report of Covid deaths is inflated to far over 100 percent.

Who runs this complicated cabal and how is that only you see to understand it?

Old 18th October 2021, 11:23 AM   #3596
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

No you don't and as shown, you can't. As it would mean even more people would have to die from just the vaccine than actually have died from, well, everything. The annual increase in the total death rates don't support your claims. Also if you take 1% of something and multiply that by 100 you get, well, 100% of that thing. So 100 times 1% of those vaccinated is simply 100% of those vaccinated.
Old 18th October 2021, 12:25 PM   #3597
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

You assume a bit of a sore arm is as likely to be reported as a death. Which is nuts. And you persist in getting that "caused by vaccines" thing wrong. We all know it's wrong. You're just making yourself look like a nut by repeating it.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 01:25 PM   #3598
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
You assume a bit of a sore arm is as likely to be reported as a death. Which is nuts. And you persist in getting that "caused by vaccines" thing wrong. We all know it's wrong. You're just making yourself look like a nut by repeating it.
People who gets problem don't phone WHO to say hey, then just 1% is reported then if you have 16,000 death in US you got to multiply that figure by 100, the same with all deseases reported. 7 people off 10 vaccinated have problem and off this number a percentage will die.
Old 18th October 2021, 01:31 PM   #3599
junkshop
Critical Thinker

Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
It's a cliche, but citation needed.
Old 18th October 2021, 02:13 PM   #3600
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

People who gets problem don't phone WHO to say hey, then just 1% is reported then if you have 16,000 death in US you got to multiply that figure by 100, the same with all deseases reported. 7 people off 10 vaccinated have problem and off this number a percentage will die.
Again multiplying "16,000 death in US" by 100 gives you almost 3 times the actual increase in the number of deaths (572,000) in the US from 2019 to 2020 from all causes (350,000 of which are directly attributed to COVID). If we exclude the number that died directly from COVID, your figure for just vaccine deaths is over 7 times the actual increase in deaths from everything. Heck, your figure for vaccine deaths is over 4 and a half times the COVID deaths for that period. Any way you slice it the increase in deaths rates (from no vaccine to vaccine) just don't support your claim.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance