IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 16th October 2021, 10:01 AM   #1881
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
... if you ask people, "did I write 1, 2, 3 or 4" or "did I write 2, 3, 4 or 5"", it seems that people will give the correct answer about 25% of the time, even when they know the correct answer. In other words, it seems that people usually refuse to fully cooperate
This perfectly illustrates the total futility of participating. If you don't give the desired answer Michel will still believe you can read his thoughts and are lying about it.

Michel might as well just assume that every person who reads his question and does not reply is concealing knowing the answer. Or that the entire human race hears his question inside their head and colludes not to respond. It's that absurd.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 10:07 AM   #1882
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Well, if a member of this forum claims that he was joking or being sarcastic in a telepathy thread, what value exactly does this have?
It doesn't matter that it's "in a telepathy thread." If someone says something that was intended as a joke, but others don't perceive it as such, then his only recourse is to announce matter-of-factly that it's a joke. You seem to be pleading the special case that if it's in a thread on a controversial subject, then it should be decided in favor of the controversial proposition, not in favor of the person attempting the correction. In your approach, any hint of ambiguity is resolved in your favor. That's neither fair nor scientific.

Quote:
The explanation might simply be that they no longer want to admit that I am a "telepathic person", so they may say "what I said was a joke".
And it might more simply be that people naturally want to be understood accurately regardless of the question at hand.

Quote:
Adding "a joke that you cannot understand because of your condition" makes the comment significantly more vicious...
Facts exist, whether they distress you or not. The people here have taken ample opportunity to test your ability to understand the nuances of expression in English statements, and have drawn their conclusion out of the evident facts, not out of some deep-seated hatred or fear of you. If that makes this forum a hostile environment for you, then you should question the wisdom of returning here year after year to repeat the same unproductive exercise.

Quote:
...but it would seems that "thought projectors" are an "unprotected minority".
Your inability to prove to others any part of this is your problem. The other posters here have told you what it would take to convince them, and have offered you their assistance in accumulating that proof. Instead you simply want to foist your beliefs upon them on your own terms only, and thereby demand acceptance. Nearly everyone, including myself, has given up hope that you will ever see why your present proposal is objectively unconvincing.

Quote:
The example that comes to mind is, of course, Loss Leader once again.
That appears to be all you have. You're just subjecting us to page after page of your attempt to dictate to everyone else what a man meant who has expressed himself very clearly -- in fact, was trained to do so -- and who is no longer here to defend himself against your supposition. You interpret your inability to convince anyone that you know best what he intended as their dishonesty rather than your error. You will make very little headway with that approach, here or elsewhere.

Quote:
Loss Leader, a fully reliable poster? (some doubts about that)
If you believe Loss Leader to be unreliable then you should exclude his data from your study. But you don't, because you interpret that he gave you an answer that's favorable to your claim, and your aim appears to be to amass evidence that you're right, not test objectively whether you're right. Your ever-changing subjective rules purporting to govern the reliability of your data have the observable outcome of filtering them so that they are favorable to the desired conclusion. That's what makes your results unscientific, not some plot to discredit you.

If you continue to argue that Loss Leader was unreliable, then you owe everyone a better justification for why you continue to claim he confirms your abilities. Either his contribution is reliable, or it's not, regardless of whether it favors you. Either you're talking his contribution on the whole, or you're cherry-picking out of it what you want and dismissing the rest as "unreliable."

If you can manage a substantive reply to this that isn't just more accusations of others' dishonesty, then perhaps I may continue this dialogue with you. Otherwise I, like others, have said my piece and will allow you to flounder in paranoid ramblings without further interference.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 10:14 AM   #1883
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
This perfectly illustrates the total futility of participating. If you don't give the desired answer Michel will still believe you can read his thoughts and are lying about it.
Yes, it's futile to engage such proponents if your goal is to help them introspect and arrive at a better-reasoned answer. If the goal is otherwise, such as to show that questions do have answers regardless of the proponent's unwillingness to apprehend them, then some participation is order. Even then, I'd say we've belabored that enterprise already in this thread.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 12:52 PM   #1884
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Yes, it's futile to engage such proponents if your goal is to help them introspect and arrive at a better-reasoned answer. If the goal is otherwise, such as to show that questions do have answers regardless of the proponent's unwillingness to apprehend them, then some participation is order. Even then, I'd say we've belabored that enterprise already in this thread.
Ah but a new Chestnut has emerged. You might be "covertly" taking his test.
Old 16th October 2021, 01:38 PM   #1885
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Ah but a new Chestnut has emerged. You might be "covertly" taking his test.
I'd make a joke at this point about Michel setting his test, then claiming to have read the minds of everyone answering it and found that everyone who got the wrong answer was lying, but he'd probably take it as a serious suggestion, do it, and claim telepathy was proven.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 01:59 PM   #1886
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I wonder if I could get sponsored to put product placement in my posts. I mean if Michel reads it then the whole world gets the message, right?

I think I need to check the MA.

PS In case of any doubt this is intended to be a joke.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 02:21 PM   #1887
p0lka
Master Poster

Michel might as well just assume that every person who reads his question and does not reply is concealing knowing the answer. Or that the entire human race hears his question inside their head and colludes not to respond. It's that absurd.
yes you kinda nailed it.

I am interested in a 1 in 4 chance of something that doesn't give you 25%,
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 02:40 PM   #1888
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Michael, I might be willing to submit an answer for your current test. However, I don't really believe you've actually written down and circled a numeral. This doubt makes it hard for me to concentrate on an answer.

Please post a photograph, clearly showing the circled number. This will alleviate my distracting doubt and I'll be able to have a good try at guessing the number.

Now, I understand you might not want to do this, because once I see the photograph I'll know what target number you've chosen. So here's what I'll do: I promise I won't let that bias my answer.

Fair enough? Are we good to go?
Old 16th October 2021, 03:49 PM   #1889
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Michael, I might be willing to submit an answer for your current test. However, I don't really believe you've actually written down and circled a numeral. This doubt makes it hard for me to concentrate on an answer.

Please post a photograph, clearly showing the circled number. This will alleviate my distracting doubt and I'll be able to have a good try at guessing the number.

Now, I understand you might not want to do this, because once I see the photograph I'll know what target number you've chosen. So here's what I'll do: I promise I won't let that bias my answer.

Seriously, there is no good outcome to this game. Whatever answer you give will be interpreted as proof of telepathy or proof you're lying to hide telepathy. Seriously, the conclusion is pre decided, every answer will be tortured to fit.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 04:02 PM   #1890
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
yes you kinda nailed it.

I am interested in a 1 in 4 chance of something that doesn't give you 25%,
Fun Fact; he started out with 1-10 but when that failed narrowed it to 1-4 and still failed.

I await the eventual 'I circled a number, Either 1 or 2' thread
Old 16th October 2021, 04:47 PM   #1891
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I wonder if I could get sponsored to put product placement in my posts. I mean if Michel reads it then the whole world gets the message, right?

I think I need to check the MA.

PS In case of any doubt this is intended to be a joke.
A joke indeed... but I think if you can wheedle some funds out of some company for it... well, "a fool and his money" springs to mind.

Crap... years of Trump have tainted my concience. Not good.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 06:11 PM   #1892
Michel H
Master Poster

I understand how you feel, Myriad, but I am afraid I cannot do this for you, because this is an extra-sensory test.

However, for you (and perhaps also for others who might still be interested), I have written and circled again the target number, and I have also said it out loud. I will probably do this again with my "partners" (by this, I mean the mysterious, unidentified "voices in my head" who are often willing to cooperate in these simple experiments). They can help by saying the number too (I also ask sometimes the lady of Google Translate to say the target number).
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 06:24 PM   #1893
Michel H
Master Poster

Fun Fact; he started out with 1-10 but when that failed narrowed it to 1-4 and still failed.

Not true. My first two tests on this forum were 1-4 tests.

If I remember correctly however, I started my online telepathy tests, on Yahoo Answers, by asking people to guess a two-digit number, which was 57 (I chose this number because I had been conceived in 1957). My first question on Yahoo Answers was quickly deleted, but I reposted it and somebody replied roughly "either there is no paper there, or you wrote nothing, or the number is 57".

I believe the choice of my conception year was probably a motivating factor (but you can't do that very often).
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 07:25 PM   #1894
sackett
Philosopher

Yes, Michael, but:

The Heinz company has been touting its 57 varieties for generations. The number is embedded in the western psyche, I might almost say in its collective uncious. Indeed.

Further: 5 + 7 = 12.

Or if you like, 7 + 5 = 12.

TWELVE, Michael. !!!!

Does the significance of that number escape you? I doubt it! Does it frighten you? I dare say it does! Indeed.

So don't try to take credit, or give it, for somebody coming along with the Great and Terrible Decimaloid. Hell, you can't escape it.

Indeed.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2021, 10:05 PM   #1895
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Not true. My first two tests on this forum were 1-4 tests.

If I remember correctly however, I started my online telepathy tests, on Yahoo Answers, by asking people to guess a two-digit number, which was 57 (I chose this number because I had been conceived in 1957). My first question on Yahoo Answers was quickly deleted, but I reposted it and somebody replied roughly "either there is no paper there, or you wrote nothing, or the number is 57".

I believe the choice of my conception year was probably a motivating factor (but you can't do that very often).
I stand corrected. It was others who asked why not 1-10.

I erroneously thought for a moment you had a slightly less ridiculous test.
Old 16th October 2021, 10:14 PM   #1896
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Good God, he even took this seriously.

I have to wonder how someone who fails to notice sarcasm as blatant as this manages to function in normal society at all.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:50 AM   #1897
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Good God, he even took this seriously.

I have to wonder how someone who fails to notice sarcasm as blatant as this manages to function in normal society at all.

I have to wonder how someone with telepathic powers fails to notice sarcasm.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 01:49 AM   #1898
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I have to wonder how someone with telepathic powers fails to notice sarcasm.
Pretty sure he's never claimed to hear anyone else's thoughts, only that everyone else can hear his. I don't think he believes the voices he hears in his head are those of real people.

Why he would be humanity's only exception in both directions - the only person who can't hear someone else's thoughts, and the only person whose thoughts can be heard - is not a question that appears to concern him.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:57 AM   #1899
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

To which all answers will be interpreted as "Correct, that proves telepathy" or "Incorrect, that proves you're lying to me about telepathy."

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 03:48 AM   #1900
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Pretty sure he's never claimed to hear anyone else's thoughts, only that everyone else can hear his. I don't think he believes the voices he hears in his head are those of real people.

Why he would be humanity's only exception in both directions - the only person who can't hear someone else's thoughts, and the only person whose thoughts can be heard - is not a question that appears to concern him.
The question of why, if everyone could hear his thoughts, his bank account isn't immediately emptied & his credit cards maxed out within seconds of receiving a card doesn't seem to concern him either.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 07:03 AM   #1901
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

And every cash prize for demonstrating psychic ability is his for the taking if he can just find one person willing to break ranks to claim the cash.

Every time he thinks of his phone number a billion people must think about the life-changing money they could make as a psychic double act, yet they never ring. Nor do the billions more who are just curious about what this phone number is which just popped into their head.

(I assume they don't ring. Michel will doubtless correct me if he gets ceaseless calls.)
Old 17th October 2021, 08:32 AM   #1902
Michel H
Master Poster

Originally Posted by sackett View Post

TWELVE, Michael. !!!!

Does the significance of that number escape you? I doubt it!
Thank you for your post, sackett.

As you probably know, the possible answers in this test are "2", "3", "4" and "5". I removed "1" as a possible answer (this was perhaps not a good idea) because this number was too much related to "excellence".

One may therefore ask if your number "12" is somehow related to the possible answers of this test.

If I remove the "1", I get "2".

But also 1+2=3, and 1*2=2 gives back 2.

I am trying to stay neutral here, I don't want to reveal the target number at this point.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:47 AM   #1903
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

One may therefore ask if your number "12" is somehow related to the possible answers of this test.
Sackett's posts, including this one, are almost always in jest. Your responses continue to reveal you have a diminished capacity to recognize humor. That's not meant to be a vicious comment on your character. It's meant to underscore evidence that you do not have the skills you need in order to carry out the program of subjective data filtration that you rely upon to "clean up" your data.

Quote:

I am trying to stay neutral here...
No, you're groping for ways in which Sackett's clearly facetious answer should still be taken seriously and still be counted as a hit in your favor. This is pathetic, Michel. Nothing you're attempting to do here bears any resemblance to science. Real scientists don't play numerology after the fact to get the answers they want.

Give it up. You'll never convince anyone -- especially this group -- with such a blatantly anti-scientific approach, that you have figured out a way to prove everyone can read your thoughts.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:56 AM   #1904
Michel H
Master Poster

Quote:
I have never had the impression of hearing anyone's thoughts, but I do often hear voices in my head. I assume these voices belong to some real, but unidentified people. These voices seem to be female, and they claim to be female.

They usually that I am a danger to the public, and that I should thefore bring my own life to an end for public safety. However, sometimes they also say:"Kill them!", or even "Kill more!", and lots of various things.
Old 17th October 2021, 09:01 AM   #1905
sackett
Philosopher

As you probably know, the possible answers in this test are "2", "3", "4" and "5". I removed "1" as a possible answer (this was perhaps not a good idea) because this number was too much related to "excellence".

I am trying to stay neutral here, I don't want to reveal the target number at this point.
You're very welcome, Michael, very very welcome. You may be more welcome for your thanks than anyone I ever welcomed before. But consider:

TWE

L.

VE

Twe is only one trivial character different from TWO.

L or I is clearly a monadic rendering of ONE.

Ve is a phonetic rendering of WE, the great and terrible pronoun of the Indo-Germanic overgod. (I hardly need remind you of anything related to this kind of stuff.)

Thus we return to the 2 and the 1 united in VE IST DER BIGSCHOTT IM HIMMEL! LOOG OUDT! of legend, fairy tale, fortune cookie, and -- well, I don't watch television, but I suppose He appears on it, probably the late-nite shows.

(You'll notice that I said "television" rather than use the acronym TV. Tau followed by VEE? No way am I getting into that!)

Last edited by sackett; 17th October 2021 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Clearing up ambigooyties and slithy to establdoes anybody read this pickled carp
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 09:55 AM   #1906
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said he takes any answer you give and twists it to his liking.

To quote War Games, The only winning move is to not play.
Old 17th October 2021, 10:12 AM   #1907
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Sackett's posts, including this one, are almost always in jest....
Thank you for your mild description of my posts. "In jest" is a slightly antique phrase, and quite fitting for my village-square manner of making fun; and when I speak of villages and villagers, I know what I'm talking about.

I'm ashamed of myself. It's not my part, or, I think, anyone's part, to make mock of a poor afflicted soul.

Old 17th October 2021, 12:22 PM   #1908
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Thank you for your mild description of my posts. "In jest" is a slightly antique phrase, and quite fitting for my village-square manner of making fun; and when I speak of villages and villagers, I know what I'm talking about.

I'm ashamed of myself. It's not my part, or, I think, anyone's part, to make mock of a poor afflicted soul.
Nay, I say, the part you play is by right mine, by declaration of the village proper, repeatedly in truth.
But...play on I say, play on.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 17th October 2021 at 12:26 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 01:24 PM   #1909
Michel H
Master Poster

Post correction

I have never had the impression of hearing anyone's thoughts, but I do often hear voices in my head. I assume these voices belong to some real, but unidentified people. These voices seem to be female, and they claim to be female.

They usually that I am a danger to the public, and that I should thefore bring my own life to an end for public safety. However, sometimes they also say:"Kill them!", or even "Kill more!", and lots of various things.

They usually say that I am a danger to the public, and that I should thefore bring my own life to an end for public safety. However, sometimes they also say:"Kill them!", or even "Kill more!", and lots of various things.

A few moments ago, one of the voices (who seems to be a middle-aged or old lady) asked me:"Why do you live?". I prefer not to say what I replied to her, you might think I am a monster.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:44 PM   #1910
Michel H
Master Poster

And every cash prize for demonstrating psychic ability is his for the taking if he can just find one person willing to break ranks to claim the cash.

Every time he thinks of his phone number a billion people must think about the life-changing money they could make as a psychic double act, yet they never ring. Nor do the billions more who are just curious about what this phone number is which just popped into their head.

(I assume they don't ring. Michel will doubtless correct me if he gets ceaseless calls.)
Quote:
Actually, around 2000, before I had a computer, I put ads in newspapers, and I invited people to phone me in order to do a telepathy test by telephone. In the ads, I mentioned the Randi one million dollar prize for convincing evidence of the paranormal.

I received many phone calls from ordinary and serious citizens. I think that I remember, in particular, one lady to whom I had to give a lot of money, because she had been very succesful in the test. Nobody seemed to think I was deranged or crazy, and they showed respect for my effort.

Quote:
My phone number has 9 digits for people in Belgium, and 10 digits for people living outside of Belgium, that might be hard to telepathically guess (though not impossible).

It is possible people who may have guessed it (if any) don't call, because they simply (like you) generally want to behave in a dignified way. It is also possible telepathy is something they prefer not to think too much about.
Old 17th October 2021, 03:17 PM   #1911
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Actually, around 2000, before I had a computer, I put ads in newspapers, and I invited people to phone me in order to do a telepathy test by telephone. In the ads, I mentioned the Randi one million dollar prize for convincing evidence of the paranormal.

I received many phone calls from ordinary and serious citizens. I think that I remember, in particular, one lady to whom I had to give a lot of money, because she had been very succesful in the test. Nobody seemed to think I was deranged or crazy, and they showed respect for my effort.

My phone number has 9 digits for people in Belgium, and 10 digits for people living outside of Belgium, that might be hard to telepathically guess (though not impossible).

It is possible people who may have guessed it (if any) don't call, because they simply (like you) generally want to behave in a dignified way. It is also possible telepathy is something they prefer not to think too much about.
You received numerous calls when you published your number yet you get none by broadcasting it telepathically. And you reconcile this to yourself by imagining everyone would think it undignified to try to make money from contacting you, even though you already *know* a proportion of people don't think that way.
Old 17th October 2021, 03:44 PM   #1912
Dave Rogers

It is also possible telepathy is something they prefer not to think too much about.
In a weird way, that's the funniest thing you've ever said.

Dave

Old 17th October 2021, 03:54 PM   #1913
Michel H
Master Poster

You received numerous calls when you published your number yet you get none by broadcasting it telepathically. And you reconcile this to yourself by imagining everyone would think it undignified to try to make money from contacting you, even though you already *know* a proportion of people don't think that way.
I received phone calls only after I invited people myself to call me, so there was nothing undignified from those people when they called me. These were not unsolicited phone calls.

If somebody called me after having guessed my phone number, this person would probably be embarrassed. They would have to explain that some telepathic effect took place, but it seems that many people are very reluctant to openly admit this thing (especially, with clear evidence provided). People are not just motivated by money, there are also some psychological factors.
Old 17th October 2021, 04:15 PM   #1914
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I received phone calls only after I invited people myself to call me, so there was nothing undignified from those people when they called me. These were not unsolicited phone calls.
Well, I had a bloke from the other side of the world, claiming he was the wife of god and peppering me with calls. It did not turn out well for him.

I doubt it will turn out well for you either.

If somebody called me after having guessed my phone number, this person would probably be embarrassed.
Nope. I have your number already. Not going to reveal it, of course. Many others have it here, they are not going to reveal it either. Any Idea why that might be? It's because you told us. No telepathy involved. You flat out said so.

They would have to explain that some telepathic effect took place, but it seems that many people are very reluctant to openly admit this thing (especially, with clear evidence provided).
Wrong. People know your direct line because you told everyone. Right on this site. In plain text. I am not going to tell anyone else how to find that.

People are not just motivated by money, there are also some psychological factors.
You are claiming psychological factors can be an issue. Does that apply to you?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2021, 05:00 PM   #1915
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

However, for you (and perhaps also for others who might still be interested), I have written and circled again the target number, and I have also said it out loud. I will probably do this again with my "partners" (by this, I mean the mysterious, unidentified "voices in my head" who are often willing to cooperate in these simple experiments). They can help by saying the number too (I also ask sometimes the lady of Google Translate to say the target number).
Two.
Old 17th October 2021, 05:57 PM   #1916
Michel H
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
You are claiming psychological factors can be an issue. Does that apply to you?
I would say yes. My own behavior is probably dictated by some psychological factors, like anyone else's.
Old 17th October 2021, 05:58 PM   #1917
Michel H
Master Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Two.
Thank you for this number, arthwollipot.
Old 17th October 2021, 06:18 PM   #1918
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Thank you for this number, arthwollipot.
Do it again. Pick another number.
Old 17th October 2021, 06:25 PM   #1919
junkshop
Critical Thinker

Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
... My phone number has 9 digits for people in Belgium, and 10 digits for people living outside of Belgium, that might be hard to telepathically guess (though not impossible).

If people are able to telepathically hear your thoughts, then why would they need to guess anything?
Old 17th October 2021, 06:52 PM   #1920
Michel H
Master Poster

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
If people are able to telepathically hear your thoughts, then why would they need to guess anything?
"Telepathically guess" is a commonly used term, that even Rupert Sheldrake uses. You may verify it using Google.

The word "guess" implies a certain idea of uncertainty, it's not like reading a book, or a computer screen.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal