IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th September 2021, 02:48 PM   #441
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
huh?

Ya I made it through almost 5 seconds of that video. Shrug.

Stop feeding the trolls PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:20 AM   #442
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The damage the anti-vaxxers do.
Quote:
A Kentucky man is mourning the loss of his 29-year-old fiancé after she spent their planned wedding day on a ventilator before succumbing to a COVID-19 infection that had irreversibly damaged her lungs.

Eskew said that the reason they had not gotten vaccinated earlier was the deluge of misinformation circulating about the shots. While he said he was not completely certain where Wendell may have seen it, Eskew said his fiancé became hesitant after seeing false claims about the COVID-19 vaccine making women lose their fertility. FOX News Houston
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:32 AM   #443
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The damage the anti-vaxxers do.
Not even the half of it.

'Vigilante treatments': Anti-vaccine groups push people to leave ICUs

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-icus-rcna2233

Quote:
Anti-vaccine Facebook groups have a new message for their community members: Don’t go to the emergency room, and get your loved ones out of intensive care units.

Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.
More than sad.

Mr Darwin, please copy.
Old 27th September 2021, 06:38 AM   #444
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Not even the half of it.

More than sad.

Mr Darwin, please copy.
I wonder how many of these people are disciplined enough to die at home should their breathing become poor enough. Talk is cheap, but doing nothing while your loved one goes hypoxic is a different thing entirely.
Old 27th September 2021, 06:55 AM   #445
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Ya I made it through almost 5 seconds of that video. Shrug.
I made it longer than that, but I really don't get the build-up or big reveal, or who the "libertarian politician" is. To be fair, I can name a half-dozen of them.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:56 AM   #446
carlitos
"más divertido"

The execrable Ben Garrison and his wife have Covid-19 and are treating it at home with zinc and Ivermectin. I wish them the best in their endeavors.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:57 AM   #447
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
The execrable Ben Garrison and his wife have Covid-19 and are treating it at home with zinc and Ivermectin. I wish them the best in their endeavors.
If they die, who will take over drawing political cartoons that seem to have gratuitously plump butts?

Seems like half the time, Garrison draws the dreaded libs as dummy thicc.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 27th September 2021 at 06:58 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 07:01 AM   #448
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Not even the half of it.

Quote:
Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose
Not even the half of it. Breitbart 'broke' the story on how Dems are using 'reverse psychology' to kill trump voters. Under the headline:
Howard Stern Proves Democrats Want Unvaccinated Trump Voters Dead, John Nolte, a Breitbart author, wrote:
Quote:
Do you want to know why I think Howard Stern is going full-monster with his mockery of three fellow human beings who died of the coronavirus? Because leftists like Stern and CNNLOL and Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi and Anthony Fauci are deliberately looking to manipulate Trump supporters into not getting vaccinated. Breitbart link
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 07:12 AM   #449
carlitos
"más divertido"

The reverse psychology thing makes me think: There are enough of these people not getting the vaccine just because it's required, that it's a phenomenon. I'm sure that there are fancy words - oppositional defiance? Really, it's "behaving like a 5 year old" and now it can get you killed. "I'm not doing what you tell me to do"
Old 27th September 2021, 07:24 AM   #450
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The reverse psychology thing makes me think: There are enough of these people not getting the vaccine just because it's required, that it's a phenomenon. I'm sure that there are fancy words - oppositional defiance? Really, it's "behaving like a 5 year old" and now it can get you killed. "I'm not doing what you tell me to do"
they start out from the assumption that everything they Dems do is aimed to hurt them; that because they represent True AmericaTM, everyone is out to get them all the time.
And, of course, if the roles were reversed, they would do their utmost to give the vaccine only to the Chosen Few (we've seen this with Trump and disaster aid etc.) and let the rest die.
Old 27th September 2021, 09:06 AM   #451
jnelso99
Muse

Someone on Twitter suggested his headstone just say “Headstone”.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 09:32 AM   #452
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
Someone on Twitter suggested his headstone just say “Headstone”.
That's just mean.
But I chuckled.
Old 27th September 2021, 12:15 PM   #453
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Well, at least Ben and wife won't have worms. I try to find the positive.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:05 PM   #454
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
That's just mean.
But I chuckled.
Same.

I have a friend who I managed to break of the habit of sending me Ben's cartoons. Had to send this item to him.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 07:49 PM   #455
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Someone on another board commented that one of Garrison's cartoons looked like a Mad Magazine fold-in, and I thought, wouldn't that be hilarious? If he'd been trolling everyone this whole time?
Old 27th September 2021, 09:54 PM   #456
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Someone on another board commented that one of Garrison's cartoons looked like a Mad Magazine fold-in, and I thought, wouldn't that be hilarious? If he'd been trolling everyone this whole time?
Garrison isn't smart enough to create a fold-in.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 12:50 AM   #457
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I smell a certain amount of "I am so morally superior to all you people" in this thread.
Is it "morally superior" to be willing to accept minor inconveniences (masks, social distancing, vaccination) in order to save lives? Certainly it's reasonable behaviour.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 12:52 AM   #458
catsmate
No longer the 1

Not even the half of it.

More than sad.

Mr Darwin, please copy.
There was one of those in Ireland last week, the patient died. It's now under criminal investigation.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 01:12 AM   #459
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
There was one of those in Ireland last week, the patient died. It's now under criminal investigation.
This fellow?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 04:51 AM   #460
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
That's him.
Old 28th September 2021, 06:01 AM   #461
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Not even the half of it.

More than sad.

Mr Darwin, please copy.
Actually, that’s not a bad idea for those people who choose not to be vaccinated like that Garrison fellow. Stay out of the hospitals and ICUs. Save space for those who need it.

Last edited by zorro99; 28th September 2021 at 06:02 AM.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 06:04 AM   #462
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Good. At least they’re not taking up bed space.
Old 28th September 2021, 02:02 PM   #463
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Not even the half of it. Breitbart 'broke' the story on how Dems are using 'reverse psychology' to kill trump voters. Under the headline:
Howard Stern Proves Democrats Want Unvaccinated Trump Voters Dead, John Nolte, a Breitbart author, wrote:
They even conned GOP leaders into an antivax position!

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 02:05 PM   #464
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Is it "morally superior" to be willing to accept minor inconveniences (masks, social distancing, vaccination) in order to save lives? Certainly it's reasonable behaviour.
I was talking about the ones who said we were being naughry boys by laughing at and criticising the stupidity of the Anti vaxxers.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2021, 02:25 PM   #465
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I was talking about the ones who said we were being naughty boys by laughing at and criticising the stupidity of the Anti vaxxers.
Nobody is laughing. Shaking their heads in horror. But not laughing. Because these antivaxx pricks are keeping EVERYONE from getting out of lockdown sooner.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 11:24 AM   #466
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Nobody is laughing. Shaking their heads in horror. But not laughing. Because these antivaxx pricks are keeping EVERYONE from getting out of lockdown sooner.
I admit I chuckled a time or two.
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 11:28 AM   #467
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ZirconBlue View Post
I admit I chuckled a time or two.
That couple weeks when right wing shock jock radio hosts were dropping like flies was pretty funny. The rest of it I find pretty emotionally exhausting, but you gotta appreciate the rare nuggets of joy.
Old 29th September 2021, 12:04 PM   #468
dirtywick
Illuminator

Ignoring the very real human side of this to focus on the political implications, it's an incredibly cynical but necessary take on things from their side of the debate. When you're looking at 90+% of COVID hospitalizations and deaths are coming out of your most reliable bloc of voters, and the margins of victory needed to regain political power, it's a huge problem. And I think it's an even bigger problem since anti-vax and anti-lockdown stances are a core pillar of their platform in many cases.

Even more irony is that this problem was created entirely by them for short term gain, but quite difficult to reverse now. Reeks of desperation. And the most cynical part of it for them is they'd simply have to admit they were wrong, but in today's political environment that's not an option. So they'll continue to kill their own base.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 04:26 PM   #469
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If only there were a free and easily available way to thwart the Democrat's cunning plan.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 06:10 PM   #470
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If only there were a free and easily available way to thwart the Democrat's cunning plan.
Cue Sybil Fawlty.....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 04:36 AM   #471
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

I made it longer than that, but I really don't get the build-up or big reveal,
or who the "libertarian politician" is. To be fair, I can name a half-dozen of them.

Aw!

Shane Killian posted tens of thousands of posts in thousands of threads
during the first ten years of the forums history. Apparently he left no lasting
impression on the forums, but the forums did leave a lasting impression on him.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 30th September 2021, 10:34 AM   #472
carlitos
"más divertido"

Most of it was before my time. Looks like a lot of drama towards the end of his stay here.
Old 30th September 2021, 12:16 PM   #473
catsmate
No longer the 1

Most of it was before my time. Looks like a lot of drama towards the end of his stay here.
I have absolutely no memory of him.
Old 30th September 2021, 02:27 PM   #474
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Aw!

Shane Killian posted tens of thousands of posts in thousands of threads
during the first ten years of the forums history. Apparently he left no lasting
impression on the forums, but the forums did leave a lasting impression on him.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
I remember shanek. In my head, his username was always pronounced identically to "shank", as in "to stab".

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:05 PM   #475
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Another moron bites the dust:

https://twitter.com/MichiganTea/stat...54072939679750

Quote:
Meet pediatric nurse Dianna Rathbun of Michigan. She gave a very impassioned speech against masks and CRT at the Lowell School Board meeting on August 9th and three days ago she died of Covid. The speech video is linked below.
Live Free and Die.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:33 PM   #476
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Brett Kavanaugh has Covid-19. He isn't showing symptoms and is vaccinated. Still, I think he should be courteous to the rest of the court and quarantine himself just to be safe. He should not be part of the SCOTUS for at least...ever again.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 09:18 PM   #477
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Maybe Kavanaugh getting covid will be a Memento mori to Breyer.
Old 1st October 2021, 10:38 PM   #478
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Brett Kavanaugh has Covid-19. He isn't showing symptoms and is vaccinated. Still, I think he should be courteous to the rest of the court and quarantine himself just to be safe. He should not be part of the SCOTUS for at least...ever again.
Now we’ll soon see whether beer is an effective treatment option.
Old 1st October 2021, 10:50 PM   #479
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Only if you inject it.
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:14 AM   #480
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
His daughters should go spend the night a friend's house. We all know what happens when Mr. Justice Rapist has a few.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics