IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd September 2021, 04:03 PM   #201
mgidm86
Philosopher

Just for fun I am going to say that he has no remorse and is still alive at this moment. Sept 22, 4:00 pm Pacific.

- his actions have been entirely self-serving
- he didn't need to go into hiding in the woods to kill himself
- he's probably a repeat abuser, so he is most important to himself

Not saying I am championing this as being true. I'd only bet on it depending on the payout.

Is he full of himself enough not to commit suicide? His actions tell me "possibly yes".

shrug.

Stop feeding the trolls PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2021, 04:14 PM   #202
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Was it ever lost? Police searched it a week ago and found a hard drive they now have permission to examine.

He was seen driving it near where the body was found. His own car was in FL. How else did he go anywhere?

There was no mention it was found at the parent's house. I think this is why Walsh doesn't believe he went there.

He had ~10 days before anyone started looking for either of them. He could have gone anywhere including Mexico (is that border open?)

I wonder whose money they were using to travel on?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2021, 04:25 PM   #203
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

What van are you talking about SG? The white van has never been unaccounted for as far as I know. It's Brian himself that is unaccounted for. It was searched a week ago and the hard drive in the news now was found there.

BTW the mexican border is a long way from Florida (whether by boat or car) and I don't think he is known to have a vehicle now.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 22nd September 2021 at 04:32 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2021, 05:30 PM   #204
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
What van are you talking about SG? The white van has never been unaccounted for as far as I know. It's Brian himself that is unaccounted for. It was searched a week ago and the hard drive in the news now was found there.

BTW the mexican border is a long way from Florida (whether by boat or car) and I don't think he is known to have a vehicle now.
Yes, that white van. I see now that is where the hard drive was, not in the house.

I'm surprised there isn't a news clip of the van at the FL house. There is a clip of police towing the mustang. However, I finally found a news report:
Quote:
Florida police and U.S. authorities seized the van in North Point, Florida. When the van was processed, authorities said “there was some material there.” They’re not saying what that might be, raising all kinds of speculation on the internet.
The neighbors think he was in the house but the police searched it so apparently not. It looks like it's an easy walk to the Carlton Reserve from North Port explaining why his car was at the house.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2021, 05:33 PM   #205
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The neighbors think he was in the house but the police searched it so apparently not. It looks like it's an easy walk to the Carlton Reserve from North Port explaining why his car was at the house.
His Mustang is known to have been at the park. Police put a note on it to be moved and his parents later took it home. (ETA: I haven't seen a direct statement from police but multiple news sources are reporting without question that: he drove the car to the park Tuesday, that parents later came to park and found his car Wednesday, left it there for another day, and then came back to take it home Thursday.)

Note that some people are speculating the parents may have put the car at the park to throw the police off but I don't know how well founded that idea is.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 22nd September 2021 at 05:44 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2021, 09:03 PM   #206
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
All I ever said was that not talking to the cops is a good idea regardless of innocence or guilt.

You can try to tar this as some fringe anti cop attitude, but any expert even vaguely familiar with how the criminal justice system works would give the same advice.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/mvkg...ution-survival

"Don't talk to the cops" is the exact advice any civil rights group or attorney would give to just about anyone.
That is great advice. Don't talk to the police without a lawyer.

But once you get a lawyer...it gets complicated. A lawyer not saying anything when a person is innocent is unusual. If there are circumstances and evidence that would strongly suggest that the innocent party is guilty, that party will be arrested and tried. The defense will have to put up some defense. They will want the defendant's version to be heard.

He went half way across the country in the the woods and returned in his van without her and nobody could find her. The obvious question is where she is and what happened. And the obvious direction is that he has information to answer those questions.

There are very many scenarios that would not involve criminal activity at all. Attacked by a bear, ran off with another man, went hiking and didn't come back, decided to end the trip and she would go to a lodge to meet with her friend as plans while he drove back, had an accident, was seen abducted by a guy in a ski mask, etc.

If those things happened, a lawyer would tell that to the police. He didn't. That narrows the reasonable possibilities to what happened. I expect you can follow through with that to see how those possibilities became even narrower as information unfolded.

You not talking to police is one thing. Your lawyer not talking to police is another. What your lawyer tells police depends on a rather complicated set of circumstances. In these particular circumstances, there is almost absolutely no reason to not say something.

On the other hand, if he killed her, it isn't terrible advice. A lawyer can't tell someone to lie to police. Even if he didn't admit to his lawyer, there aren't really any reasonable explanations for his activity, and none would likely stand to scrutiny. That leaves...just don't say anything and maybe buy some time and hope no witnesses come forward and they don't find the body or maybe it is a condition that doesn't prove murder or...well, something. I dunno, son. You're in trouble big time and you best not have anybody say anything and maybe get away.
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:08 PM   #207
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Walsh (America's Most Wanted) suggests he may never have gone to his parent's house at all.
Rubbish. This is a conspiracy theory going on for days. A neighbor saw him on a bike ride with his mother. Another neighbor ways he saw Brian and his family leaving for camping around 9/7 - 9/10. Police have said they had seen him but did not talk to him.

I am surprised the van has not turned up somewhere.
The van was at the Laundrie's house. It was confiscated 9/11 or 9/12 after her dad went down there and to find out what was going on and filed a missing person report on 9/11. The police have the van.

If you mean sightings of the van, there have been many of those. There is even a video of the van 8/27 just a couple hundred yards from where the body was found. A witness saw him pulling the van into that spot 9/26 and saw the van there on 8/27 and 8/28. A witness says the couple was at a shop in Victor, ID, on 8/26. Restaurant employees in Jackson say they had a big fight there on 8/27 at about 1 PM. Van was sighted north of town about 4.5 hours later. Another witness saw the van around Spread Creek 8/29.

Those are just they witnesses who have gone public. I expect FBI has many more reports that have not gone public.

And as for her slapping him, it sounds like that was what she said to the cops (typical of a domestic abuse victim) but the call to the police was that he was seen 'slapping her', not the other way around.
The 911 call reported that he was slapping her. But they were just driving past and didn't really see what was happening.

In the full video, they talked with them over an hour. They got reports from a witness. That seems to be a whiteness who has come forward. His story and her story and the whiteness story was all that she hit him and he never hit her. That is what they had at the time and those reports still stand.

Some say that the police didn't handle that right. I think they did an excellent job. It was a very minor kind of incident. If they took her to jail I think in hindsight it probably would have escalated from "maybe to I will kill her" to "definably I will kill her".

I think the actions by the Moab police were excellent.

He could have killed himself by now. But that suggests he feels bad that he killed her.
I does not mean he feels bad. It probably more means that he doesn't want the inevitable life in prison. If he killed himself, it was about him and not her. Well, also maybe about not having her. But mostly not wanting to go to jail. Or, well, something. Also some guilt. Not for the loss of her, but for the loss of having her. And the loss of now so many other things. His loss.
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:04 PM   #208
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Just for fun I am going to say that he has no remorse and is still alive at this moment. Sept 22, 4:00 pm Pacific.

Not saying I am championing this as being true. I'd only bet on it depending on the payout.

Is he full of himself enough not to commit suicide? His actions tell me "possibly yes".

shrug.
I agree somewhat the assessment. But then the question is: where is he?

If he is in that nature reserve, he is dead. Locals say surviving out out there a for a difficult at the best of times. There have been massive rains that have put over 75% of that place under water. Alligators and snakes and all what not. Surviving out there under those conditions would be almost impossible.

He could have had his parents cash in and took off with a backpack willed with a few though dollars and faked his dissapeance. Maybe. Grabbed a Greyhound. In a cheap motel in Wichita under a false name. Hotel would want a credit card, but if he did some smooth talking and laid down a couple grand or slipped a few hundred bucks that could be bypassed.

He isn't at his parent's house. Or his sister's house. Those have been searched with warrants. No friends known. Any relatives are going to be questioned.
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:24 PM   #209
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

This makes it more clear to me. I had thought the 'note' was something Laundrie had written.

A police note was found on Brian Laundrie's car after he disappeared following a hike into a Florida nature preserve, his family says
Quote:
Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family's attorney, told ABC7 that the family went looking for Laundrie on Wednesday and, despite not finding Laundrie, spotted the Ford Mustang he was driving with a police note on it.

Bertolino added that the note said the car needed to be removed from the area.

Laundrie's family left the car on Wednesday "so he could drive it back," Bertolino told ABC7.

When Laundrie didn't return, the family went back to the reserve to get the car on Thursday, Bertolino said.

On Friday, the family filed a missing persons report for Laundrie.
"I'll take, "did he have a gun" for $300 Alex."
"The answer is, 'no'"
"What is, 'no gun no suicide'?"
"Yes, that is correct."
"Same category"
"The answer is, 'yes'"
"What is, 'Is he dead'?."
"That is correct."

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 22nd September 2021 at 11:31 PM.
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:53 AM   #210
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
That is great advice. Don't talk to the police without a lawyer.

But once you get a lawyer...it gets complicated. A lawyer not saying anything when a person is innocent is unusual. If there are circumstances and evidence that would strongly suggest that the innocent party is guilty, that party will be arrested and tried. The defense will have to put up some defense. They will want the defendant's version to be heard.

He went half way across the country in the the woods and returned in his van without her and nobody could find her. The obvious question is where she is and what happened. And the obvious direction is that he has information to answer those questions.

There are very many scenarios that would not involve criminal activity at all. Attacked by a bear, ran off with another man, went hiking and didn't come back, decided to end the trip and she would go to a lodge to meet with her friend as plans while he drove back, had an accident, was seen abducted by a guy in a ski mask, etc.

If those things happened, a lawyer would tell that to the police. He didn't. ...
We can scratch the bear and the accident - it was homicide. We can also probably rule out she ran off with another man (and Laundrie witnessed that) - then indeed he would have some information that could exonerate him, give police a lead as for what or to look for.

But suppose she was killed (by someone else!) while he was near, or shortly after he was near her, and he knows there's evidence that makes him look bad (the August 12th incidence; perhaps other evidence of domestic violence both on her, on him, in the van...), but he really is flabbergasted as to who killed her, how and why. So for two days he takes of hiking, to think things over - and eventually goes back to Florida. By now, his actions look suspicious.
Then he would not have much, or any, information that is reliably in his favor - other than "wasn't me, honestly!".
Any information he (or his lawyer) could give the police might end up getting used against him.
Would be dumb to talk then.

For, after all, it is not his job to prove his innocence, or someone else's guilt. it is, exclusively, the job of police and DA to prove whatever they decide their case will be, and as long as he didn't kill her, there will not be any direct evidence implicating him, only circumstantial evidence.
Old 23rd September 2021, 03:34 AM   #211
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I assume there are sound historical reasons for the UK law to hinge on the intent rather than the act itself, and to allow for a counterclaim of "I was just borrowing it without permission, an intended to give it back at some (unspecified) point in the future".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking...er%27s_consent

"In England, Wales and Northern Ireland taking without owner's consent (TWOC), also referred to as unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle (UTMV)[1] describes any unauthorised use of a car or other conveyance that does not constitute theft. A similar offence, known as taking and driving away, exists in Scotland."
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 03:53 AM   #212
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I assume there are sound historical reasons for the UK law to hinge on the intent rather than the act itself, and to allow for a counterclaim of "I was just borrowing it without permission, an intended to give it back at some (unspecified) point in the future".
The same principle appears to be in USA law as well - undoubtedly with some slight variations from state to state: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/theft
Quote:
theft

Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
The generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale).....snip....

Last edited by Darat; 23rd September 2021 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Thanks to TofuFighter
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 01:42 PM   #213
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The creepy case gets creepier. From Daily Dot dot Com:
Quote:
Internet sleuths believe they’ve uncovered clues about Brian Laundrie’s disappearance via the 23-year-old’s Pinterest page. The account thought to be Laundrie’s, @blaundrie1197, posted several images and messages that people found disturbing in light of the ongoing developments in the Gabby Petito case...A page belonging to @blaundrie1197 was unearthed by online sleuths, who—based on its shared albums, one of which is connected to Petito and one of which is connected to a Roberta Laundrie, who shares a name with Laundrie’s mother—determined it belonged to Laundrie. dailydot link
This was posted Tuesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brian Laundrie Pinterest.jpg (93.4 KB, 43 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 01:59 PM   #214
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

This was posted Tuesday.
If it's this pinterest page, it doesn't appear that shows on there anywhere. I'm not showing a recent "pin" in the last 5 weeks actually.

ETA: It's definitely his though, he has pictures and videos have Gabby on the pinterest. Including multiple pictures of Gabby in the van, cooking, etc. Perhaps I'm not seeing the "shared" folders. I don't use pinterest much...or at all.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 23rd September 2021 at 02:03 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:01 PM   #215
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

From the article linked:
Quote:
After combing through posts, people located several pins they call “disturbing.” The Daily Dot’s review of Laundrie’s Pinterest page showed that many of the shared pins are no longer accessible.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:04 PM   #216
plague311
Great minds think...

From the article linked:
Color me skeptical, but I might dig through it more this weekend. See if there's a snapshot of his account, or pinterest that can be searched through.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:06 PM   #217
sphenisc
Philosopher

https://youtu.be/aDATXtewPrg

Looks like it's referencing this:
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:41 PM   #218
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking...er%27s_consent

"In England, Wales and Northern Ireland taking without owner's consent (TWOC), also referred to as unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle (UTMV)[1] describes any unauthorised use of a car or other conveyance that does not constitute theft. A similar offence, known as taking and driving away, exists in Scotland."
That's interesting. What are the differences in the punishments? Do people typically get charged with theft and plead down to "unauthorized use?" How does it work in practice?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 04:05 PM   #219
kevbo
Critical Thinker

A federal warrant has been issued for Laundrie out of District Court in Wyoming.

Now someone just needs to find him, if he isn't dead.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 04:51 PM   #220
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
That's interesting. What are the differences in the punishments? Do people typically get charged with theft and plead down to "unauthorized use?" How does it work in practice?
Although there is plea bargaining in the English and Welsh system it isn’t really anything like what seems to have become standard in the USA systems.
Old 23rd September 2021, 06:00 PM   #221
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
A federal warrant has been issued for Laundrie out of District Court in Wyoming.

Well, that certainly simplifies things.

To be honest, they probably could have got a warrant much earlier, while he was still available for arrest. not sure why they dragged their feet.
Old 23rd September 2021, 06:10 PM   #222
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Well, that certainly simplifies things.

To be honest, they probably could have got a warrant much earlier, while he was still available for arrest. not sure why they dragged their feet.
The warrant isn't for murder, it's for using Gabby's bank card after she was probably dead. So they can arrest him while still building the case for murder.
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:01 PM   #223
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

This was posted Tuesday.

Very disturbing. The two dice in the sketch (near the bottom left corner) are both crooked!
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:32 PM   #224
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post

The warrant is for using an unauthorized credit card (presumably Gabby's) over $1,000. I estimate gas costs for the trip from Wyoming to Florida would be about $400. That leaves a lot of extra money. The law is just "over $1,000" which means it could have been much more. That raises the question of what he was buying.
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:06 PM   #225
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Very disturbing. The two dice in the sketch (near the bottom left corner) are both crooked!
Everybody knows six sided dice have opposing numbers, 1-6, 2-5, 3-4. Obviously haunted spooky dice. Very disturbing!

I have seen the Pinterest page. People are making too much of it looking for something to talk about. There are some images that are maybe a bit concerning in hindsight, but those are mostly Halloween and comic book
villain things. It isn't some horror show of a disturbed mind. It seems probably fairly normal for a 20 year old guy.
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:25 PM   #226
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post

shrug.
I might back off on this in light of recent news. A neighbor says he saw Brian coming home with a bunch of camping supplies and they loaded them up into the camper and took off around 9/7-9/10. Another neighbor says she last saw him about 9/10.

It is possible that they loaded up supplies and took him to some area ever within a day's drive and he is holed up in the wilderness somewhere witha bunch of camping equipment and food.
Old 24th September 2021, 04:47 AM   #227
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

The warrant isn't for murder, it's for using Gabby's bank card after she was probably dead. So they can arrest him while still building the case for murder.
Notably it's a federal warrant, so that gets federal agencies involved which are probably much more sophisticated than whatever local cops are poking through the bush looking for this guy. US Marshals specialize in manhunts, for example.
Old 24th September 2021, 04:50 AM   #228
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

With regard to the Pinterest thing - oh NO, gasp, spooky ghosts! Run for your lives, clearly the man is insane.

I think he did it, but the "disturbing" Pinterest sketch reminded me of those musical cartoons from the 1940's or something. Have these people only been watching MLP, or what? What a reach.
Old 24th September 2021, 04:51 AM   #229
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Butter! View Post
With regard to the Pinterest thing - oh NO, gasp, spooky ghosts! Run for your lives, clearly the man is insane.

I think he did it, but the "disturbing" Pinterest sketch reminded me of those musical cartoons from the 1940's or something. Have these people only been watching MLP, or what?
Wild speculation and huge jumps to conclusions are the trademark of social media manhunts.
Old 24th September 2021, 06:32 AM   #230
Jungle Jim
Graduate Poster

Wild speculation and huge jumps to conclusions are the trademark of social media manhunts.
To say nothing of this forum.
Jungle Jim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 06:36 AM   #231
sphenisc
Philosopher

I think he did it, but the "disturbing" Pinterest sketch reminded me of those musical cartoons from the 1940's or something. Have these people only been watching MLP, or what? What a reach.
It's from "Betty Boop in Snow White."
Old 24th September 2021, 06:40 AM   #232
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Any cause of death yet? Shot? Hanged? Beaten to pulp?

eta: a quick googling says cause will not be released until autopsy is fully completed/released. More food for speculation.

Which one was known for mental stuff Gabby or Brian?

Last edited by casebro; 24th September 2021 at 06:45 AM.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 08:34 AM   #233
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
It's from "Betty Boop in Snow White."
I knew it looked extremely familiar, but I couldn't place it for sure, thanks!
Old 24th September 2021, 09:07 AM   #234
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
Any cause of death yet? Shot? Hanged? Beaten to pulp?

eta: a quick googling says cause will not be released until autopsy is fully completed/released. More food for speculation.

Which one was known for mental stuff Gabby or Brian?
Could you sound a little more callous? I don't think you've quite attained the level of flippancy you're seeking to convey, but very good try.
Old 24th September 2021, 09:27 AM   #235
Disbelief
Master Poster

Could you sound a little more callous? I don't think you've quite attained the level of flippancy you're seeking to convey, but very good try.
That's a bit much to expect considering he's already decided that there's a strong case of self defense based on reasons.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 09:44 AM   #236
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Could it be that he's hiding out not out of fear of law enforcement, but possible revenge from the Family?

Last edited by alfaniner; 24th September 2021 at 09:55 AM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 09:46 AM   #237
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Could it be that he's hiding out not out of fear of law enforcement, but possible revenge from her Family?
Maybe, but irrelevant now that there's a warrant. He's a fugitive no matter how you slice it.
Old 24th September 2021, 09:51 AM   #238
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Reasonable reasons to hide in this situation:

- law enforcement
- her family
- vigilantes
- the media
Old 24th September 2021, 10:05 AM   #239
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I don't think that applies here.
Old 24th September 2021, 12:51 PM   #240
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Reasonable reasons to hide in this situation:

- law enforcement
- her family
- vigilantes
- the media
- inability to turn himself in due to own death.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events