IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags UK issues , uk politics

Old Today, 02:10 PM   #3041
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Michael Fabricant MP tweeted
@Mike_Fabricant
· 4h
If I reported every time I had been threatened by a Whip or if a Whip reported every time I had threatened them, the police wouldn’t have any time to conduct any other police work! What nonsense from WW.

I believe it was wholly improper of William Wragg to misuse his position as Chairman of a Select Committee to make unsubstantiated claims against the Whips as part of his long standing and well known vendetta against #Boris.

2/2 And if WW was being "blackmailed" as he claims, what is there about his private life that he doesn't want made public???
Jesus Christ! Is that a blackmail attempt in the second tweet?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #3042
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

I'd trade you guys Trump for Johnson in a heartbeat. Just sayin'...
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #3043
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"Nice constituency you got here, guv'nor. Shame if anyfin should... 'appen to it"
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #3044
p0lka
Master Poster

'I see no evidence of blackmail',

'I thought it was a work event',

stupidity becomes a virtue.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #3045
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Inflationary pressures continue...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60067334

Yesterday I bought a 2 litre bottle of own-label fiery ginger beer from Tesco. For years it's been 50p, yesterday it was 60p - that's a 20% price increase.
It's Biden's fault.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #3046
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

If the whips are threatening to gerrymander protesting MP's constituencies out of existence, does that mean the Boundary Commission is not independent?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #3047
junkshop
Muse

Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I'd trade you guys Trump for Johnson in a heartbeat. Just sayin'...
At least you lot managed to peel Trump off the levers of power, to some extent. Johnson is (embarrassingly) still in office.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics