IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump supporters

Old Today, 01:09 PM   #241
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
And when you consider that Republicans rejected non-partisan and bi-partisan investigations, and also consider Cheney's prominent role, your objections amount to partisan whining.
Except, I'm not whining about it. I am merely pointing it out. The whining is coming from those who insist on denying it is a highly partisan committee, or people blaming it on the GOP. I am one person, maintaining a position despite constantly being challenged by numerous others.

Half of them are squealing, "it is the fault of the GOP", half of them are screeching, "it is not partisan!". It's funny to watch.

I mean, I am totally endorsing Dems using this opportunity to their advantage. Is that really "whining"?

Last edited by Warp12; Today at 01:11 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:23 PM   #242
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Repubs sent fake documents to Congress purporting to represent electors from five states, intending to throw election into House.
Quote:
On Dec. 14, 2020, the day of the electoral college vote, Republican electors convened in the capitals of five states that Joe Biden had won. They declared themselves “duly elected and qualified” and sent signed certificates to Washington purporting to affirm Donald Trump as the actual victor.

At the time, the gatherings in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin — all states that had officially approved Biden electors — were widely derided as political stunts intended to bolster Trump’s baseless allegations of fraud.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...430_story.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #243
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Repubs sent fake documents to Congress purporting to represent electors from five states, intending to throw election into House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...430_story.html
They could be facing federal criminal charges for this stunt, too.

Quote:
Michigan Republicans could face federal charges for signing fake electoral college certificates, state attorney general says
Nearly identical fake electoral college certificates from several swing states appear to be evidence of a coordinated plot among state Republican parties, according to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel

A group of Michigan Republicans who signed fake documents purporting to award the state’s electoral votes to Donald Trump could be facing federal criminal charges, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Thursday.

Speaking on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, Ms Nessel said her office had been “evaluating” charges for signers of the ersatz vote certificates “for nearly a year”.

"I will say that under state law, I think clearly you have forgery of a public record, which is a 14-year offense, and election law forgery, which is a five-year offense,” she said.

The fake document was signed by 16 people, many of whom would have been called upon to give their state’s electoral votes to Mr Trump had he won the popular vote in Michigan on 3 November 2020.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1993299.html
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #244
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Except, I'm not whining about it. I am merely pointing it out. The whining is coming from those who insist on denying it is a highly partisan committee, or people blaming it on the GOP. I am one person, maintaining a position despite constantly being challenged by numerous others.

Half of them are squealing, "it is the fault of the GOP", half of them are screeching, "it is not partisan!". It's funny to watch.

I mean, I am totally endorsing Dems using this opportunity to their advantage. Is that really "whining"?
Why shouldn't we blame it on the Russian useful idiot GOP?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #245
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Except, I'm not whining about it. I am merely pointing it out. The whining is coming from those who insist on denying it is a highly partisan committee, or people blaming it on the GOP.
The pursuit of facts is not partisan. If the facts make the Repubs look bad, that's where the chips fall.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #246
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The pursuit of facts is not partisan. If the facts make the Repubs look bad, that's where the chips fall.
I don't think there's much "if" about it. It's why they fight it so much. When there's nothing to hide, you don't try to hide it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #247
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I don't think there's much "if" about it. It's why they fight it so much. When there's nothing to hide, you don't try to hide it.
Didn't Republicans say Trump would Ruin the Republican party before he won the Primary vote?
There is no one here to blame but Republicans.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #248
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose not, but you send conflicting messages. Pardon me.
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #249
slyjoe
Master Poster

The Wall Street Journal just called the defeat of the filibuster changes a "bipartisan vote". It was 50 Republicans and 2 Democrats. So maybe we should stop sweating "bipartisan" so much when it comes to the 7-2 committee.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #250
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
The Wall Street Journal just called the defeat of the filibuster changes a "bipartisan vote". It was 50 Republicans and 2 Democrats. So maybe we should stop sweating "bipartisan" so much when it comes to the 7-2 committee.
Or stop sweating that rag, lol.
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #251
slyjoe
Master Poster

Or stop sweating that rag, lol.
Oh I don't sweat it. That was just the first article I came across regarding the issue.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #252
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The Big question of course is how fast Lindsay Graham can Flip Flop away from Trump and back to McConnell after Trump is indicted and convicted?
Lindsey made a bad miscalculation, but that might be a subject for another Thread!
Old Today, 05:35 PM   #253
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
The Big question of course is how fast Lindsay Graham can Flip Flop away from Trump and back to McConnell after Trump is indicted and convicted?
Lindsey made a bad miscalculation, but that might be a subject for another Thread!
I predict 2 nanoseconds. Depending on the breaks.

gnome is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #254
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Republicans HATE facts. That makes it partisan!
Old Today, 06:23 PM   #255
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Oath Keepers Confession.

http://opr.news/2a3934e9220120en_us?link=1&client=news

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics