ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags james millette , kevin ryan , Niels Harrit , paint chips , richard gage , steven jones , wtc

Old 12th July 2013, 01:56 AM   #3161
Ivan Kminek
Muse

Hi, Spanx, the link is here.

Ziggi Zugam seems to be disappointed that his very elaborate article written with J. M. Talboo has not been discussed here in JREF. I think that he is awaiting some our "analyses", but as I already wrote, basically all that stuff had been already debated here before.

And it seems that even Oystein and Sunstealer do not care about nanothermites and WTC chips anymore (at least until the moment when anything substantially new is published in this "nanothermite matter")...

Last edited by Ivan Kminek; 12th July 2013 at 02:03 AM.
Ivan Kminek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 02:01 AM   #3162
Ivan Kminek
Muse

Hehe I've just noticed that in the heading of Millette's spectra, there are words "SensIR IlluminatIR".

This is a clear evidence for truthers that Jim Millette is a member of Illuminati!

Last edited by Ivan Kminek; 12th July 2013 at 02:04 AM.
Ivan Kminek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 02:45 AM   #3163
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivan Kminek View Post
This is a clear evidence for truthers that Jim Millette is a member of Illuminati!
We would have got away with it too! If not for those meddling kids, and their dog!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 04:55 AM   #3164
Spanx
Master Poster

Thanks Ivan,

I just don't understand why they are getting so angry
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 05:21 AM   #3165
Ivan Kminek
Muse

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
Thanks Ivan,

I just don't understand why they are getting so angry
I don't think that Ziggi Zugam is especially angry in his responses (and Adam Taylor is apparently a very polite and nice guy, much more polite than me).

I would even say that Ziggi has been able to learn some things and he is slightly more polite than formerly on The911Forum and later on Oystein's blog.

Interesting is perhaps one dialog:
Me: "Here, I cordially agree with you that the real new study of the red/gray chips would be much, much better. So, do not be so shy and ask Dick Gage for the necessary money!"

Ziggi: "Kminek, don´t worry about ae911 funding, Gage has already offered the $$ but Basile wants to try to get the $$ independently. I presume that if that fails, he will seek help from ae911."

Well, we'll see...

Last edited by Ivan Kminek; 12th July 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12th July 2013, 08:17 AM   #3166
Miragememories
Banned

"I can make again some other partial "prediction" how such Basile's FTIR could look. If measured chips would be the same as Bentham chips (a) to (d) and the most of Millette's chips, they should show similar FTIR as was measured by Jim Millette (upper spectrum):

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=8036

If the measured chips would be something else, they can be basically anything, but most probably chips of Tnemec.
"
Unfortunately for your arguments, you make too many assumptions.

Dr. Millette reports that the red chips he chose, were of a material that could not behave like the chips highlighted in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Scientists who contributed to the 2009 Bentham paper have posted that an unfamiliar eye and a magnetic will find a large collection of chips in the 9/11 WTC dust that would pass the initial isolation procedure.

If we accept Dr. Millette's findings about the chemistry of his chip selections, we must accept what is known about the chemical behaviour of such material.

Could his chips also ignite at ~430C?

And when burned, would such a material produce iron-rich micro-spheroids in the residue?

No.

Because Dr. Millette claims the chips he examined could not exhibit thermitic behaviour like those studied in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Do you believe Mark Basile, Dr. Jones, Dr. Harrit, Dr. Ferrer etc. are all lying and that Dr. Millette cannot be mistaken about having well-matched
his chip selections to theirs?

Dr. Millette is the one scientist in the whole group who refuses to observe the results of heating his chips to ~430C.

And you are too proud to back away from a paint hypothesis that is also debunked by the Bentham paper.

MM
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 08:23 AM   #3167
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
Unfortunately for your arguments, you make too many assumptions.

Dr. Millette reports that the red chips he chose, were of a material that could not behave like the chips highlighted in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Scientists who contributed to the 2009 Bentham paper have posted that an unfamiliar eye and a magnetic will find a large collection of chips in the 9/11 WTC dust that would pass the initial isolation procedure.

If we accept Dr. Millette's findings about the chemistry of his chip selections, we must accept what is known about the chemical behaviour of such material.

And when burned, would such a material produce iron-rich micro-spheroids in the residue?

No.

Because Dr. Millette claims the chips he examined could not exhibit thermitic behaviour like those studied in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Do you believe Mark Basile, Dr. Jones, Dr. Harrit, Dr. Ferrer etc. are all lying and that Dr. Millette cannot be mistaken about having well-matched
his chip selections to theirs?

Dr. Millette is the one scientist in the whole group who refuses to observe the results of heating his chips to ~430C.

And you are too proud to back away from a paint hypothesis that is also debunked by the Bentham paper.

MM
Yes, I think they are all lying, and I think Millette cannot be mistaken about having well-matched his chip selections to theirs.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 08:43 AM   #3168
Gamolon
Master Poster

So if this "430C" ignition/heat test is so all important like you claim and needed to be done to make sure the right chips were tested, how can Harrit and his cronies say that all four samples were thermitic when they only tested 3 of the 4 samples in the DSC.

On page 20 is Fig. (19). In that figure they tested 2 samples from MacKinlay, 1 sample from Intermont, and 1 sample from White.

They missed the Delassio/Breidenbach sample!
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 09:03 AM   #3169
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
So if this "430C" ignition/heat test is so all important like you claim and needed to be done to make sure the right chips were tested, how can Harrit and his cronies say that all four samples were thermitic when they only tested 3 of the 4 samples in the DSC.

On page 20 is Fig. (19). In that figure they tested 2 samples from MacKinlay, 1 sample from Intermont, and 1 sample from White.

They missed the Delassio/Breidenbach sample!
Missed?

They just did not use it.

How does that alter the results of those they used?

MM
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 09:09 AM   #3170
Gamolon
Master Poster

Missed?

MM
They didn't test it. It's not in the report. Period.

Any chips from the Delassio/Breidenbach sample used in any tests cannot be considered the "right chips" because the DSC results of those chips are not in the paper.

Again, they were not tested.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 09:11 AM   #3171
Gamolon
Master Poster

Missed?

MM
They only tested one chip in the paper for resistivity. How do they know all the other chips were the right chips? Was the chip tested for resistivity put through the DSC?
Old 12th July 2013, 11:00 AM   #3172
Spanx
Master Poster

Interesting is perhaps one dialog:
Me: "Here, I cordially agree with you that the real new study of the red/gray chips would be much, much better. So, do not be so shy and ask Dick Gage for the necessary money!"

Ziggi: "Kminek, don´t worry about ae911 funding, Gage has already offered the $$ but Basile wants to try to get the $$ independently. I presume that if that fails, he will seek help from ae911."

I guess this would explain 911debunkerschannel promoting Mark Basile on the Ae911truth youtube message board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEvA...eature=youtube

It's interesting to see that they are so particular as to where the money comes from ?
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 11:22 AM   #3173
Miragememories
Banned

"They didn't test it. It's not in the report. Period."
"They only tested one chip in the paper for resistivity. How do they know all the other chips were the right chips? Was the chip tested for resistivity put through the DSC?"
Their washroom breaks were not in the report either but I am certain they took them.

Not all data gets published.

Get over it.

MM

Last edited by Miragememories; 12th July 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12th July 2013, 11:25 AM   #3174
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Their washroom breaks were not in the report either but I am certain they took them.

Get over it.

MM
It's too bad they left out the data that would have proved what they had.

Maybe if you ask nice they will finally release it.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 11:33 AM   #3175
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
"It's too bad they left out the data that would have proved what they had.

Maybe if you ask nice they will finally release it.
"
Mark Basile plans to release FTIR data and more when he finishes funding his current research on the WTC 9/11 dust.

They do not come much more trustworthy than Mark.

MM
Old 12th July 2013, 11:43 AM   #3176
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Mark Basile plans to release FTIR data and more when he finishes funding his current research on the WTC 9/11 dust.

MM
Unless he finds something you don't like, right? Then he's a liar and a cheat? Isn't that how it works?
Old 12th July 2013, 11:52 AM   #3177
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

MM
They said they already have this data. Why do they need to do it again?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 11:55 AM   #3178
Gamolon
Master Poster

Get over it.

MM
Washroom breaks were not an important aspect to determining what were the correct chips right MM? DSC results were according to you.

So important that they didn't put them in the report.

They didn't test that sample so they could not be sure they had the right one.

Get over it.

Last edited by Gamolon; 12th July 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12th July 2013, 01:20 PM   #3179
Miragememories
Banned

They said they already have this data. Why do they need to do it again?
Where did I say they "needed" to do it over again?

MM
Old 12th July 2013, 03:49 PM   #3180
Redwood
Graduate Poster

On the other hand, FTIR of nanoaluminum should show strong, broad bands at ca 3050-3300 cm-1, belonging to aluminum oxide (alumina), since the substantial portion of alleged aluminum in such thin platelets must be inevitably oxidized; see e.g. McCrone Atlas:
Shouldn't aluminum of whatever size all look the same with FTIR, since oxidation of the surface to Al2O3 proceeds to a depth of ~5nm, and then stops? (And, of course, the aluminum itself is invisible.)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2013, 06:59 PM   #3181
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Where did I say they "needed" to do it over again?

MM
You didn't, maybe I misunderstood the reference to funding new research. Any idea what he needs to further research if he already has the data that identifies the compounds?

Old 17th July 2013, 09:28 PM   #3182
chrismohr
Master Poster

Jim Millette July Update

Disappointed to report that we are victims of Jim Millette's business success. He has been unable to find an interested intern to work on this, also unable to find time himself or with his paid staff to do more work on his upcoming published paper. Still interested in doingh this but time has not allowed him to do more on the WTC dust study. However when he finds time he is interested in more research on the matter.

In the meantime, I will do some work on summarizing in wiriting what I know about the dust study, hopefully with some new information and even an experiment or two. Sometime in Septemnber or October perhaps.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2013, 01:33 AM   #3183
Ivan Kminek
Muse

Hi, Chris,
thanks for the news. I basically think that we cannot reasonably expect any further progress in the Jim Millette's ressearch on WTC red/gray chips even in the more distant future and we should (well, you should) perhaps stop any effort to get more from this study or to repeat that it should be published as a peer reviewed paper.

This study basically accomplished its task, which you had formulated ("were these Harrit's red/gray chips (a) to (d) thermitic?") , Jim Millette's results even changed the minds of some truthers (e.g. SnowCrash, Wildbear) and we have not anticipated anything more. There will be always truthers claiming e.g. "you have studied wrong chips" (as we had fully expected from the very beginning), so it is now up to them (e.g. to Mark Basile) to show us that we are not right

Personally I think that this study, which you successfully organized, is the most important event in the "history of debunking of so-called inside job 9/11", since it is a real science done on comparatively simple issue - simpler than e.g. analyses of WTC collapses (???). So, thanks again, Chris (and Jim)

Last edited by Ivan Kminek; 18th July 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 18th July 2013, 07:12 AM   #3184
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
"Disappointed to report that we are victims of Jim Millette's business success. He has been unable to find an interested intern to work on this, also unable to find time himself or with his paid staff to do more work on his upcoming published paper. Still interested in doingh this but time has not allowed him to do more on the WTC dust study. However when he finds time he is interested in more research on the matter.

In the meantime, I will do some work on summarizing in wiriting what I know about the dust study, hopefully with some new information and even an experiment or two. Sometime in Septemnber or October perhaps.
"
Same old, same old.

The true victims of Millette's success are those who wish he would finish what he started.

What a crock of horse pucky to repeatedly claim he has insufficient time to heat the chips he
has already analyzed a further 30C.

He clearly has no wish to discover what is obvious to the authors of the 2009 Bentham paper.

Dr. Millette selected and studied chips from the 9/11 WTC dust that are not chemically comparable to those studied
in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Dr. Millette claims the chips he examined would not exhibit the thermitic behaviour reported for the 9/11 WTC dust chips
studied in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Thermitic results that were consistently repeated an estimated hundreds of times by chemist Mark Basile.

MM
Old 18th July 2013, 11:21 AM   #3185
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Same old, same old.

The true victims of Millette's success are those who wish he would finish what he started.

What a crock of horse pucky to repeatedly claim he has insufficient time to heat the chips he

He clearly has no wish to discover what is obvious to the authors of the 2009 Bentham paper.

Dr. Millette selected and studied chips from the 9/11 WTC dust that are not chemically comparable to those studied
in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Dr. Millette claims the chips he examined would not exhibit the thermitic behaviour reported for the 9/11 WTC dust chips
studied in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Thermitic results that were consistently repeated an estimated hundreds of times by chemist Mark Basile.

MM

Whatever works for you, truther
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2013, 01:58 PM   #3186
chrismohr
Master Poster

Ivan I have not given up entirely. He really does want to publish. MM if I thought Millette were lying I would tell you.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2013, 03:02 PM   #3187
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
"Ivan I have not given up entirely.

He really does want to publish.

MM if I thought Millette were lying I would tell you.
"
Wanting and doing are two different things.

It is a simple test that could be done over a coffee break.

Millette simply does not want to endorse the 2009 Bentham paper.

It would appear unpatriotic and bad for continuing government business.

If he is as sincere as you believe him to be, he must have a strange reason
for not taking an easy look.

No one is that busy.

MM
Old 18th July 2013, 03:48 PM   #3188
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wanting and doing are two different things.

It is a simple test that could be done over a coffee break.

Millette simply does not want to endorse the 2009 Bentham paper.

It would appear unpatriotic and bad for continuing government business.

If he is as sincere as you believe him to be, he must have a strange reason
for not taking an easy look.

No one is that busy.

MM
Most people are that busy. Where is your paper? Jones made up the thermite lie 4 years after 911 based on nonsense. Jones is insane, or an idiot. Jones paper proves there was no thermite, and Millette found not thermite. One paper is a lie, the other has rational conclusions. There is not a need on earth why a paper would be published in a Journal to refute nuts like Jones, and the insane idiotic claim of thermite. It gets funnier when Jones endorse the thermite ceiling tiles with remote detonators. Is that insanity still on the web? It looks like someone was on lots of meth, or something.

Insane claims made by few nuts; who is gullible enough to fall for fantasy?

What an idiot...
Quote:
1,000,000, yes a million, 20"x20"x3/4" ceiling tile with embedded thin-film explosive and 2-channel wireless micro-detonator
Someone is doing a massive amount of drugs, or is insane.
Wait...
Quote:
800,000,,, lol... 12"x12"x3/4" ceiling tile with embedded thin-film explosive and 2-channel wireless micro-detonator
And...
Quote:
All of the equipment is available off-the-shelf from commercial vendors or special operations supply depots except for the wireless explosive ceiling tiles, which have to be specially manufactured.
wow
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 12:50 AM   #3189
Ivan Kminek
Muse

Chris, not exactly on topic, but I have quite similar troubles in my own work on polymers for polymeric photovoltaic cells. My boss (otherwise a decent and smart woman) is not able to finish any our common paper in a reasonable time, since she is a rather annoying perfectionist and she is permanently overloaded with some other paperwork, etc...
But, whereas this problem is quite crucial for me, the problem with publishing Millette's study as a peer-reviewed paper is a quite marginal one and there is anyway no danger e.g. of loss of some priority.

MM: ad "Dr. Millette selected and studied chips from the 9/11 WTC dust that are not chemically comparable to those studied in the 2009 Bentham paper."
Please, show me why Bentham red/gray chips (a) to (d) are not comparable with the "typical chips" analyzed by Jim Millette Compare their overall look/arrangement, thicknesses of both layers, micrographs of inorganic (pigment) particles, XEDS spectra. Or... for your convenience, just look e.g. here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2879 .
You still insist that those Bentham chips are nanothermite, whereas Millette's chips with the same "parameters" are paint? Really?

(And please, MM, notice that you are perhaps the only person in this world who seriously claims that Harrit et al sorted chips for further investigation using electrical resistivity test.)

Last edited by Ivan Kminek; 19th July 2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 19th July 2013, 07:06 AM   #3190
Gamolon
Master Poster

Same old, same old.

Why didn't Harrit heat the Delassio sample? The results aren't in his paper right? You would think, with him being a competent scientist, he would have published the results of a test that, in your opinion, was used to get the "right chips".

The point is, they didn't test that sample yet claim it contains thermtic material.

Just like the resistivity test you claim was used to "get the right chips". When in fact that tested ONE chip.
Old 19th July 2013, 08:26 AM   #3191
plague311
Great minds think...

I see Ivan's point, and I think it makes perfect sense. Asking Millette to publish the paper might be redundant. The point has been made, and I think the fact that his interns aren't interesting should say something.

This just isn't important to anyone outside of a few remaining truthers. Asking Millette to chase every nit pick that comes from truthers is ridiculous. He runs a lab, and has a job. He has priority cases that have to be far more important than this.

No matter what anyone says, the Bentham paper wasn't properly peer reviewed, it has no scientific basis, and it doesn't need to be debunked as it debunked itself. For the amount of money given to Millette he produced far more than I think anyone expected. If he decided to set this down and never touch it again, I think that's perfectly fine.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 09:17 AM   #3192
Miragememories
Banned

"... the problem with publishing Millette's study as a peer-reviewed paper is a quite marginal one and there is anyway no danger e.g. of loss of some priority."
What do you mean by saying Millette's failure to followup on his promised publishing is "quite marginal"?

And how can Dr. Millette's failure to publish a disproof of nanothermite in the 9/11 WTC dust, be considered of low priority?

Do you consider a finding that nanothermite permeates all the 9/11 WTC dust has little importance?

"MM: ad "Dr. Millette selected and studied chips from the 9/11 WTC dust that are not chemically comparable to those studied in the 2009 Bentham paper."

Please, show me why Bentham red/gray chips (a) to (d) are not comparable with the "typical chips" analyzed by Jim Millette

Compare their overall look/arrangement, thicknesses of both layers, micrographs of inorganic (pigment) particles, XEDS spectra. Or... for your convenience, just look e.g. here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2879 .

You still insist that those Bentham chips are nanothermite, whereas Millette's chips with the same "parameters" are paint? Really?

(And please, MM, notice that you are perhaps the only person in this world who seriously claims that Harrit et al sorted chips for further investigation using electrical resistivity test.)
"
I have shown you quite clearly why the Dr. Millette's 'chips of interest' are not a match for those highlighted in the 2009 Bentham paper.

Dr. Millette has claimed his selected 9/11 WTC dust chips are of a substance which is unable to exhibit the chemical behaviour produced by a thermitic material.

Regardless of the pre-ignition visual similarities to the chips highlighted in the 2009 Bentham paper, Dr. Millette believes his selected chips represent something exothermically innocuous like paint.

Dr. Millette has steadfastly refused to take a moment to observe what happens to his chip selects if he heats them +30C higher than in his unpublished study from a 1.5 years ago.

A test that would quickly reveal how similar his chips are to those Dr. Harrit et al claimed to be thermitic.

Ivan, you and others can ignore this issue all you like, but the fact remains that hundreds of chips from 9/11 WTC dust have already been ignited and produced iron-rich micro-spheroids as proof of thermitic activity.

Dr. Harrit et al found repeatedly, proof that nanothermite must have permeated all of the 9/11 WTC dust.

There is no legitimate reason why it should be there.

MM
Old 19th July 2013, 10:16 AM   #3193
Spanx
Master Poster

Ivan, you and others can ignore this issue all you like, but the fact remains that hundreds of chips from 9/11 WTC dust have already been ignited and produced iron-rich micro-spheroids as proof of thermitic activity.

Dr. Harrit et al found repeatedly, proof that nanothermite must have permeated all of the 9/11 WTC dust.

There is no legitimate reason why it should be there.

MM
Hi MM,
Can you tell me why Mark Basile is fund raising for new independent research on the chips ?

Why you are at it, can you also tell me why Steven Jones has disappeared on this issue ?
Old 19th July 2013, 12:49 PM   #3194
plague311
Great minds think...

Hi MM,
Can you tell me why Mark Basile is fund raising for new independent research on the chips ?

Why you are at it, can you also tell me why Steven Jones has disappeared on this issue ?
Spanx makes a solid point. If the Bentham paper is as air tight as truthers claim that it is, why would a new study by a different truther be needed? They've already got their smoking gun, as MM put it, "Permeated" through the dust at Ground Zero. In this case, truthers should be able to take this published, scientific paper to the proper authorities and receive a thorough investigation. It has been completed.

So, why hasn't it come to be, MM? If the paper is as solid as you claim it to be.

Old 20th July 2013, 11:31 AM   #3195
Miragememories
Banned

You didn't, maybe I misunderstood the reference to funding new research. Any idea what he needs to further research if he already has the data that identifies the compounds?
Hi MM, Can you tell me why Mark Basile is fund raising for new independent research on the chips?

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Spanx makes a solid point. If the Bentham paper is as air tight as truthers claim that it is, why would a new study by a different truther be needed? They've already got their smoking gun, as MM put it, "Permeated" through the dust at Ground Zero. In this case, truthers should be able to take this published, scientific paper to the proper authorities and receive a thorough investigation. It has been completed.

So, why hasn't it come to be, MM? If the paper is as solid as you claim it to be.

These questions have been answered repeatedly.

Here again is the link to Mark Basile's planned study;

http://aneta.org/markbasile_org/donation/index.htm

Its completed objective will provide answers to questions that people like yourselves claim were missing from the 2009 Bentham paper.

To insure that there is no bias in the testing, 9/11 WTC dust samples will be submitted without identification to an independent laboratory.

Of course Millette could settle his claims in seconds if he wanted to.

MM
Old 20th July 2013, 12:42 PM   #3196
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

These questions have been answered repeatedly.

Here again is the link to Mark Basile's planned study;

http://aneta.org/markbasile_org/donation/index.htm

Its completed objective will provide answers to questions that people like yourselves claim were missing from the 2009 Bentham paper.

To insure that there is no bias in the testing, 9/11 WTC dust samples will be submitted without identification to an independent laboratory.

Of course Millette could settle his claims in seconds if he wanted to.

MM
I asked why they don't release the conclusive data they say they already have and said they would.

Do you support more funding to release data they already have?

Old 20th July 2013, 02:55 PM   #3197
Africanus
Thinker

Why didn't Harrit heat the Delassio sample? The results aren't in his paper right? You would think, with him being a competent scientist, he would have published the results of a test that, in your opinion, was used to get the "right chips".
I think they left this sample out as the MEK-Test was performed on a chip of the Delessio/Breidenbach sample. The solvent might alter the properties of the chip or contribute to the exotherm.
Africanus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2013, 05:11 AM   #3198
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
I think they left this sample out as the MEK-Test was performed on a chip of the Delessio/Breidenbach sample. The solvent might alter the properties of the chip or contribute to the exotherm.
Ok, but according to MM, the heat test needed to be done on ALL samples to make sure that they had the right ones. If this test wasn't done on the Delessio sample (which it wasn't), then they cannot be sure.

MM is pulling the same crap that he did with the resistivity test by trying to claim it was a test done on ALL samples to make sure they had the right ones. In the paper they tested ONE chip for resistivity.
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:25 AM   #3199
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
"I think they left this sample out as the MEK-Test was performed on a chip of the Delessio/Breidenbach sample. The solvent might alter the properties of the chip or contribute to the exotherm."
"Ok, but according to MM, the heat test needed to be done on ALL samples to make sure that they had the right ones.

If this test wasn't done on the Delessio sample (which it wasn't), then they cannot be sure.

MM is pulling the same crap that he did with the resistivity test by trying to claim it was a test done on ALL samples to make sure they had the right ones.

In the paper they tested ONE chip for resistivity.
"
Is it surprising that with all of the of 9/11 WTC dust tonnage, that there were lots of microscopic dust chips that on casual examination looked similar?

Steel primer paint naturally produced lots of its own dust.

With bits of steel still adhering to bits of reddish primer paint, it is not difficult to image the creation of tons of those red/gray dust chips.

Chips which would be easily collectable with a magnet.

But steel primer paint chips are obviously not composed of a thermitic material.

Primer paint chips fit Dr. Millette's findings.

Which also means that Dr. Millette was not looking at the right ones.

Do you know of any thermitic material that will not ignite when presented with its ignition temperature?

Neither do I.

Which is why the best proof is in the pudding.

I guess Dr. Millette does not like pudding.

Mark Basile et al have successfully isolated hundreds of 9/11 WTC red/gray dust chip samples that ignite at approx. 430C and produce a residue containing iron-rich micro-spheroids.

The fact remains, that their evidence of nanothermite comes from actual untampered 9/11 WTC dust samples randomly obtained from separate NYC locations.

Which means that it was well mixed throughout the 9/11 WTC dust.

Hand wave all you like Gamolon, but you fail to discredit the chips that were tested and found to be thermitic.

The message remains the same and its importance is very clear.

Based on the findings of Mark Basile and the 2009 Bentham paper, there must have been tons of nanothermitic material planted at the WTC.

There should have been a zero amount of such a dangerous substance.

MM
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:48 AM   #3200
Gamolon
Master Poster

Is it surprising that with all of the of 9/11 WTC dust tonnage, that there were lots of microscopic dust chips that on casual examination looked similar?

Steel primer paint naturally produced lots of its own dust.

With bits of steel still adhering to bits of reddish primer paint, it is not difficult to image the creation of tons of those red/gray dust chips.

Chips which would be easily collectable with a magnet.

But steel primer paint chips are obviously not composed of a thermitic material.

Primer paint chips fit Dr. Millette's findings.

Which also means that Dr. Millette was not looking at the right ones.

Do you know of any thermitic material that will not ignite when presented with its ignition temperature?

Neither do I.

Which is why the best proof is in the pudding.

I guess Dr. Millette does not like pudding.

Mark Basile et al have successfully isolated hundreds of 9/11 WTC red/gray dust chip samples that ignite at approx. 430C and produce a residue containing iron-rich micro-spheroids.

The fact remains, that their evidence of nanothermite comes from actual untampered 9/11 WTC dust samples randomly obtained from separate NYC locations.

Which means that it was well mixed throughout the 9/11 WTC dust.

Hand wave all you like Gamolon, but you fail to discredit the chips that were tested and found to be thermitic.

The message remains the same and its importance is very clear.

Based on the findings of Mark Basile and the 2009 Bentham paper, there must have been tons of nanothermitic material planted at the WTC.

There should have been a zero amount of such a dangerous substance.

MM
There are people in Harrit's group that admit they found many types of "red/gray chips" AFTER the paper was published, one of those people being Jones.

This is what is so ridiculous and makes the paper nothing but a farce.

They supposedly HAD "red/gray primer paint chips" that LOOKED similar to the thermitic chips. If that is the case, then why did they need to go to an outside source for paint composition when they could have analyzed the supposed "red/gray primer paint chips" that they found in the dust samples?

The reason they didn't test, analyze, publish results about any other magnetically attracted, red/gray chips is because they assumed every single red/gray chips they extracted via magnet was thermitic.

You want so desperately to change the way the paper reads in order to support your beliefs, but that isn't going to happen.

You wanted the resistivity test to be the test to separate paint chips from thermitic chips, but they only tested ONE chip. It's written in the paper. ONE CHIP. They took the results of that one chip and stereotyped the entire group of red/gray chips they extracted by magnet as NOT being paint. Horrible research.

Then you bring up the DSC test. You wanted THAT test to be the separation test. They tested three samples out of the four yet still claim that all four samples were thermitic. It's written in the paper.

Every single indication, whether it's in Youtube videos, blogs, emails, forums, whatever, is that Harrit's paper concludes that EVERY SINGLE RED/GRAY CHIP EXTRACTED BY A MAGNET was thermitic.

Jones and others have contradicted this conclusion by saying they found other types of red/grey chips.

Pure lunacy.

This is why neither Harrit nor Jones have responded back to any of my emails asking why their paper claims to have found that all the red/gray chips extraced by magnet are thermitic, yet Jones says they found non-thermtic red/gray chips.

Last edited by Gamolon; 22nd July 2013 at 08:52 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories