ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 02:18 PM   #241
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
I picture Mueller grim-faced, with gritted teeth, making many backups, yet allowing himself a wry smile in quiet moments. Doing a job.
Mueller earned a Bronze Star for valor and a Purple Heart as a Marine Platoon leader in Vietnam.
I doubt he is scared much by General Bone Spur's threats after having seen a fair amount of combat.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 02:26 PM   #242
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Trump 1:1 "Whatever I say it is"
Giuliani: "No, it isn't."
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 05:07 PM   #243
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
...General Bone Spur's...
Name calling is juvenile.

That said, I prefer Cadet Bone Spurs!
Old 20th August 2018, 05:25 PM   #244
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Name calling is juvenile.

That said, I prefer Cadet Bone Spurs!

Sad to say, it is actually Commander-In-Chief Bone Spurs.

He'll set a shining example for all the warm bodies they'll need for whatever war he gets us into to proof how tough he is and to distract from all of his screw-ups and crimes.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 05:38 PM   #245
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Sad to say, it is actually Commander-In-Chief Bone Spurs.

He'll set a shining example for all the warm bodies they'll need for whatever war he gets us into to proof how tough he is and to distract from all of his screw-ups and crimes.
But they'll be the GREATEST and MOST TREMENDOUS and YUGEST screws-ups and crimes in history!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 05:43 PM   #246
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I'm reminded of this exchange from Jesus Christ Superstar
”Cru-ci-fy him!” could be the progressives’ answer to “Lock her up!”
Old 20th August 2018, 05:52 PM   #247
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I imagine The PDJT has a whiteboard with a list of distractions he can use, complete with the amount of "hit points". At the top of the list (his "smart bombs", as it were) are

Fire Mueller
Fire Rosenstein
Fire Sessions
It's been said by more than one anchor and pundit today, "he's growing more and more out of touch with reality."

He's got a new one today. Trump says he could ‘run’ Mueller probe
Quote:
“I can go in, and I could do whatever — I could run it if I want,” Trump told Reuters reporters during an interview in the Oval Office. “But I decided to stay out. I’m totally allowed to be involved if I wanted to be. So far, I haven’t chosen to be involved. I’ll stay out.”
You got to wonder who's been telling this idiot he is above the law. Maybe he watched a rerun of the Nixon interview: "If the President does it, it's not illegal."

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 20th August 2018 at 05:55 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 05:58 PM   #248
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Giuliani: "No, it isn't."
No one is calling that BS for what it is. Perjury is not going to be based on 'he said, she said'. There is plenty of other kinds of evidence besides personal testimony.

According to Giuliani, each person's reality is what their head says it is. Like I could go take anything out of a store I wanted to because in my reality, I own the store.

Cuomo on CNN just now is saying Giuliani's talking head rounds are a planned campaign.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 20th August 2018 at 06:01 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 06:00 PM   #249
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
<snip>

You got to wonder who's been telling this idiot he is above the law. Maybe he watched a rerun of the Nixon interview: "If the President does it, it's not illegal."

With the new Justices the GOP is trying to stuff into the SCOTUS he just might end up being right about that.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 07:11 PM   #250
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"Just watched former Intelligence Official Phillip Mudd become totally unglued and weird while debating wonderful @PARISDENNARD over Brennan’s Security Clearance. Dennard destroyed him but Mudd is in no mental condition to have such a Clearance. Should be REVOKED? "

"
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 07:54 PM   #251
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Nominated for truth.
Truth isn't truth!
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 09:54 PM   #252
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

"Just watched former Intelligence Official Phillip Mudd become totally unglued and weird while debating wonderful @PARISDENNARD over Brennan’s Security Clearance. Dennard destroyed him but Mudd is in no mental condition to have such a Clearance. Should be REVOKED? "

"
Interesting in that that show was on Friday night (I think) on CNN. He must have only watched the recording tonight. I wish those two had been in the same studio that night. Dennard is infuriating.
Old 20th August 2018, 09:57 PM   #253
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting in that that show was on Friday night (I think) on CNN. He must have only watched the recording tonight. I wish those two had been in the same studio that night. Dennard is infuriating.
Probably saw something about it on Fox and Friends.
Old 20th August 2018, 10:47 PM   #254
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Trump Tweets

"Just watched former Intelligence Official Phillip Mudd become totally unglued and weird while debating wonderful @PARISDENNARD over Brennan’s Security Clearance. Dennard destroyed him but Mudd is in no mental condition to have such a Clearance. Should be REVOKED?

"We're done. We're done. Get out!"
-- Phil Mudd (Aug 17, 2018)
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 11:29 PM   #255
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
His heartfelt anger blew Dennard's phony pedantry clear out of the water.

But hey, CNN is fake, right? So maybe it was all staged.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 11:45 PM   #256
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Authorities searching for man who threatened to shoot Trump

Law enforcement authorities are searching for a man who's suspected of threatening to shoot President Donald Trump.

Shawn Richard Christy, of McAdoo, Pennsylvania, has been wanted on a June 19 federal warrant, accused of posting threats on Facebook against the President and Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli.

According to officials, Christy posted, "Keep it up Morganelli, I promise I'll put a bullet in your head as soon as I put one in the head of President Donald J. Trump."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/20/polit...ump/index.html (Aug 20, 2018)

"The US Marshals Service is offering $20,000 for information leading to Christy's arrest. The FBI, US Secret Service and US Marshals Service are seeking the public's assistance in locating Christy, who is armed and dangerous and should not be approached."

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 20th August 2018 at 11:49 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 12:08 AM   #257
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

"The US Marshals Service is offering $20,000 for information leading to Christy's arrest. The FBI, US Secret Service and US Marshals Service are seeking the public's assistance in locating Christy, who is armed and dangerous and should not be approached."
And your point?

Your post consists of two quotes. What do you have to say about this? Surely something came to mind other than, "Must. Troll. Trump. Thread." Share some of your wisdom with us, why dontcha?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 12:46 AM   #258
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Threats to Trump's life are very much premature at this point:
Mueller hasn't handed in his Report, Donald hasn't been impeached and trialed for Treason yet.
Yes, he might get the Death Penalty, but I don't think the Federal Government executes people via Firing Squad anymore.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 21st August 2018 at 12:48 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 01:04 AM   #259
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Trump Tweets

"

Sounds like a threat to me.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 01:22 AM   #260
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Deficit up 21% from last year, spending up 4.4%, revenue up 1% - all the result of Trump administration fiscal policies
Old 21st August 2018, 01:31 AM   #261
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Yes, he might get the Death Penalty, but I don't think the Federal Government executes people via Firing Squad anymore.
But that's the original intent. Surely the Framers didn't intend for executions to be ekectric or chemical in nature!
Old 21st August 2018, 01:40 AM   #262
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
But that's the original intent. Surely the Framers didn't intend for executions to be ekectric or chemical in nature!
Given they were predominantly British would have thought they'd have wanted to use hanging.
Old 21st August 2018, 02:27 AM   #263
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Yep, when the mealy-mouthed sycophant parroted Trump's accusation that the people who signed the letter were just worried about the money that a clearance was worth, Mudd lost his ****. It's a good thing the mealy-mouthed sycophant wasn't in the same room.

Funny thing is, the mealy-mouthed sycophant was basically admitting that Trump thinks he's threatening his critics with financial damage if they don't shut up. Being entirely transactional himself, Trump is oblivious to any sense of principles. Mudd's reaction shows how well that strategy is working.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 03:00 AM   #264
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Nonsense they would be for hanging.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 03:53 AM   #265
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
”Cru-ci-fy him!” could be the progressives’ answer to “Lock her up!”
I'll have some "We Want Barabas" T-shirts made.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 05:35 AM   #266
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"Fake News, of which there is soooo much (this time the very tired New Yorker) falsely reported that I was going to take the extraordinary step of denying Intelligence Briefings to President Obama. Never discussed or thought of!"

"Even James Clapper has admonished John Brennan for having gone totally off the rails. Maybe Clapper is being nice to me so he doesn’t lose his Security Clearance for lying to Congress!"

"A Blue Wave means Crime and Open Borders. A Red Wave means Safety and Strength!"
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 05:36 AM   #267
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump further tweets

"Big Rally tonight in West Virginia. Patrick Morrisey is running a GREAT race for U.S. Senate. I have done so much for West Virginia, against all odds, and having Patrick, a real fighter, by my side, would make things so much easier. See you later. CLEAN COAL!!!!"

"I am sorry to have to reiterate that there are serious and unpleasant consequences to crossing the Border into the United States ILLEGALLY! If there were no serious consequences, our country would be overrun with people trying to get in, and our system could not handle it!"
Old 21st August 2018, 06:01 AM   #268
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Trump Tweets

"Fake News, of which there is soooo much (this time the very tired New Yorker) falsely reported that I was going to take the extraordinary step of denying Intelligence Briefings to President Obama. Never discussed or thought of!"

He is totally going to do that.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 06:06 AM   #269
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

"A Red Wave means Safety and Strength!"

"One People, one Country, one Leader!"
Old 21st August 2018, 06:39 AM   #270
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
"One People, one Country, one Leader!"
"Strong and Stable!"
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 06:45 AM   #271
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

"Clean coal". Yes. This is the new thing. Wind power kills birds and is therefore environmentally unfriendly. Know what's not bad for the environment? Fossil fuels.

Science, bitches!
Old 21st August 2018, 07:23 AM   #272
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

This is where the laughter ends. The real danger of having this idiot in the White House. From the link:
Quote:
The Treasury Department reports that in the first 10 months of this budget year, the deficit totaled $684 billion, up 20.8 percent from the same period last year. Revenues are up only 1 percent this year with the increase held back by a big drop in corporate tax payments. Spending is up 4.4 percent, reflecting a big boost Congress approved earlier this year for domestic and military programs and rising costs to finance the debt.
If you were around when Trump was destroying the USFL, saw him fly the Trump Shuttle into the ground, or watched as he managed his Atlantic City casinos into oblivion, it really is scary. He did great damage to the employees and investors of those businesses, I really hope he doesn't cause the same financial mayhem to the United States but I'm not very hopeful.

Obama helped lead us out of a debilitating recession. I guess Trump wants to roll that back too, like ACA and DACA.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 07:23 AM   #273
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Yep, when the mealy-mouthed sycophant parroted Trump's accusation that the people who signed the letter were just worried about the money that a clearance was worth, Mudd lost his ****. It's a good thing the mealy-mouthed sycophant wasn't in the same room.

Funny thing is, the mealy-mouthed sycophant was basically admitting that Trump thinks he's threatening his critics with financial damage if they don't shut up. Being entirely transactional himself, Trump is oblivious to any sense of principles. Mudd's reaction shows how well that strategy is working.
Paris called Mudd a liar after insulting him that people want security clearances for the money.

No wonder Mudd said, "We're done."

From Sling's link:
Quote:
Paris: “Well, I will be clear in saying that everybody in Washington, D.C. knows if you don’t want to be honest about it, that’s on you, but if you have a security clearance and you keep it, you get more money to have it,” Dennard fired back.

“We’re done. We’re done. Get out!” Mudd yelled.
And Sling thinks this makes Mudd look bad?

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 21st August 2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 21st August 2018, 07:33 AM   #274
Tolls
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
"Strong and Stable!"
And that slogan worked so well for Theresa May and the Tories in the election last year and hasn't at all come back to bite them on the arse.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st August 2018, 07:44 AM   #275
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
This is where the laughter ends. The real danger of having this idiot in the White House. From the link:

If you were around when Trump was destroying the USFL, saw him fly the Trump Shuttle into the ground, or watched as he managed his Atlantic City casinos into oblivion, it really is scary. He did great damage to the employees and investors of those businesses, I really hope he doesn't cause the same financial mayhem to the United States but I'm not very hopeful.

Obama helped lead us out of a debilitating recession. I guess Trump wants to roll that back too, like ACA and DACA.
He probably thinks he can just print more now he owns the country.
Old 21st August 2018, 07:56 AM   #276
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
He probably thinks he can just print more now he owns the country.
Probably?

"First of all, you never have to default because you print the money," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said on CNN.
Old 21st August 2018, 07:57 AM   #277
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

"Clean coal". Yes. This is the new thing. Wind power kills birds and is therefore environmentally unfriendly. Know what's not bad for the environment? Fossil fuels.

Science, bitches!
The argument that windmills kill birds is notoriously bad.

It is estimated that wind turbines kill anywhere between 25 thousand to as many as 600,000 birds worldwide. Except nobody really knows. There have been few real studies with credible data collection.

Sounds like a lot of birds. It's not. Glass skyscrapers kill millions of birds. Windows are huge bird killers and house cats are estimated to 3.8 BILLION birds every year.

Perspective.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:02 AM   #278
TofuFighter
Master Poster

I was having read about Rick Wilson's book "Everything Trump Touches Dies".
He has some talent for scathing insult.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:13 AM   #279
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

just in time for the Dems to take over in the midterms and take the blame!
Old 21st August 2018, 08:51 AM   #280
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

Oh, don't worry. They're planning another tax cut for the rich in the next couple of months. That'll sort the economy out.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics