ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Old 12th September 2018, 05:24 PM   #1001
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Come-a listen to my story
Of a man named Jed Jeff
I really hate him. I hate what he stands for. I hate the vision of America he believes in. That said, I think that at heart, he's a lawyer and feels constrained by the cannons of ethics of his profession. Given his way, I have no doubt that he would take us back to the days before Brown vs. Board of Education.

For all his faults, and they are many and despicable, he has an objective guiding sense of objective principals which are those of the legal profession and he will not waver from them. For that he deserves a grudging level of respect.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2018, 03:07 AM   #1002
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningHuge derail into a sprawling discussion of the USA civil war, civil war monuments and why the civil war was fought. I have tried to move that discussion to its own thread in the History section. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=331883 Which is the only section that discussions of such matters as how many people owned slaves, why the war was fought and so on belong.

Do not carry on any of that discussion in this thread.

Keep to the topic of this thread which is a well defined topic.
Posted By:Darat
Old 13th September 2018, 03:41 AM   #1003
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I really hate him. I hate what he stands for. I hate the vision of America he believes in. That said, I think that at heart, he's a lawyer and feels constrained by the cannons of ethics of his profession. Given his way, I have no doubt that he would take us back to the days before Brown vs. Board of Education.

For all his faults, and they are many and despicable, he has an objective guiding sense of objective principals which are those of the legal profession and he will not waver from them. For that he deserves a grudging level of respect.
He did commit perjury when he denied under oath any knowledge of contacts between anyone on Trump's team and then, after the Papadopoulos stuff became public admitted that he'd been present in a meeting where it had all been discussed.
Old 13th September 2018, 06:41 PM   #1004
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

What's left to discuss? We're all just waiting for Omarosa's next agent to act. Another op-ed? Leaked video of Russian agents spraytanning Trump? A suppressed FDA report proving Diet Coke consumption causes maniacal sociopathy? Ivanka's secret diary confessing to being a Skeksis? The surprise emergence of a Targaryen claimant to the presidency? Reverse vampires working with the Rand Corporation in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner? Who can guess the next move in this enthralling Game of Toilets?! How low can the dignity of the US sink?!
Old 13th September 2018, 07:28 PM   #1005
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
What's left to discuss? We're all just waiting for Omarosa's next agent to act. Another op-ed? Leaked video of Russian agents spraytanning Trump? A suppressed FDA report proving Diet Coke consumption causes maniacal sociopathy? Ivanka's secret diary confessing to being a Skeksis? The surprise emergence of a Targaryen claimant to the presidency? Reverse vampires working with the Rand Corporation in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner? Who can guess the next move in this enthralling Game of Toilets?! How low can the dignity of the US sink?!
We'll be back after this short break to find out!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2018, 07:53 PM   #1006
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Did Trump ever find the strawberries Lodestar? Or is he too busy chasing hurricanes?
Old 13th September 2018, 07:56 PM   #1007
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Did Trump ever find the strawberries Lodestar? Or is he too busy chasing hurricanes?
He has probably added Lodestar to the list of people he wants put up against the wall and shot when he wrests full control away from the Dems.

Meanwhile, he's fully prepared for Florence. Don't know about the rest of you suckers, but HE is fully prepared.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2018, 09:42 PM   #1008
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

He has probably added Lodestar to the list of people he wants put up against the wall and shot when he wrests full control away from the Dems Republicans.

FTFY
Old 14th September 2018, 03:20 AM   #1009
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wasn't he really close to identifying Loadstar? I'm betting Kellyanne is going to skip the Sunday talk circuit.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2018, 04:19 AM   #1010
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Short answer - "Hold my Diet Coke and watch this!"
Old 14th September 2018, 08:41 AM   #1011
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I was going more for the episode endings of "Soap". Seems oddly appropriate, I can quite hear the theme music playing over a lot of news about the White House lately.
Old 14th September 2018, 09:47 AM   #1012
C_Felix
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Wasn't he really close to identifying Loadstar? I'm betting Kellyanne is going to skip theSunday talk circuit.
The Sunday talk circuit is probably going to be 1/2 politics, and half Hurricane Florence, and a portion of the politics will probably be about Trump's response to Florence and Maria.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:32 AM   #1013
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
The Sunday talk circuit is probably going to be 1/2 politics, and half Hurricane Florence, and a portion of the politics will probably be about Trump's response to Florence and Maria.
Wait, I'm confused now. Are those the hurricanes, or did more beauty contest contestants come forward?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2018, 08:16 PM   #1014
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Wait, I'm confused now. Are those the hurricanes, or did more beauty contest contestants come forward?

I'm not sure it matters much.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #1015
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

It's pretty clear that Trump put that same crackerjack investigative unit to work on sniffing out the fiend-traitor-scum.

I figured Grassley and King and Kobach would be busy with the election but they're obviously devoting a lot of time to this investigation. It's only been a couple of weeks and they've already made as much progress as they made in almost a year with their investigation into massive voter fraud.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #1016
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
It's pretty clear that Trump put that same crackerjack investigative unit to work on sniffing out the fiend-traitor-scum.

I figured Grassley and King and Kobach would be busy with the election but they're obviously devoting a lot of time to this investigation. It's only been a couple of weeks and they've already made as much progress as they made in almost a year with their investigation into massive voter fraud.

Yeah.

Zero is a pretty easy threshold to match.

I expect they'll be able to keep it up to that level for the foreseeable future.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #1017
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Yeah.

Zero is a pretty easy threshold to match.

I expect they'll be able to keep it up to that level for the foreseeable future.
Well, he could put Rudi and Don Jr. on the case. You'd get equal "no results" but with entertaining sound bytes.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #1018
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Quote:
The New York Times needs your help. We’re looking for false information being spread deliberately to confuse, mislead, or influence voters ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

If you see disinformation ahead of the midterms, we want to hear from you.

-- The New York Times (Sept 18, 2018)

Talk about being hopelessly out of touch, the Old Gray Lady has never heard of CNN. But to be fair, most people stopped watching the Fake News Network years ago.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:40 AM   #1019
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
Talk about being hopelessly out of touch, the Old Gray Lady has never heard of CNN. But to be fair, most people stopped watching the Fake News Network years ago.

Ah! Isn’t it sweet when our local Trumper parrots his Dear Leader.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:19 AM   #1020
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

But to be fair, most people stopped watching the Fake News Network years ago.
Lügenpresse!

Also, FWIW: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q2-2...me-time/368123

Quote:
CNN remains the No. 3 cable news network in total viewers, but it’s still one of the most-watched networks on cable, and continues to stack up especially well against the basic cable competition across the 24-hour day.

Per Nielsen data, CNN had its third-best 2Q since 1996 in total day among total viewers, and among adults 25-54. Only Q2 2017 and Q2 2003 (Iraq War) were better quarters for CNN across the 24-hour day.

Among all cable networks, CNN ranked No. 10 in total viewers in prime time, and ranked No. 7 in total viewers in total day this quarter. This marks the 8th straight quarter and longest quarterly streak in over 22 years (since Q4 1995) that CNN is a top 10 cable network among total viewers in total day.
Old Today, 03:36 AM   #1021
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

This Thread could easily surpass the Have We Passed Peak Trump thread
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #1022
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
12 words. Impressive!
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #1023
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
So what do you really think of the op-ed?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #1024
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
12 words. Impressive!
Maybe he's getting ready to help find the missing strawberries Lodestar.
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #1025
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Which reminds me, I hope someone has told Donnie that Rachel Maddow is kicking Hannity's butt.

What Trump calls "fake news" future generations will call "history," and I suspect that it will be even less kind than CNN.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics