ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags astrology

Old 27th March 2020, 05:51 AM   #321
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Mysterious inexplicable energies and rare powers only a few have ( that cannot be detected ) are a staple of astrology.

The power of trust in the vague is truly incredible. In fact no credibility at all.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 07:08 AM   #322
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Mysterious inexplicable energies and rare powers only a few have ( that cannot be detected ) are a staple of astrology.

The power of trust in the vague is truly incredible. In fact no credibility at all.
Indeed, but usually the scammers appear to have some slight clue about what might fit into people's lives. Yesterday's horoscope was so far out that in these strange days where advocating harm is more than just frowned upon, it could almost be classified as a crime.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 08:02 AM   #323
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Indeed, but usually the scammers appear to have some slight clue about what might fit into people's lives. Yesterday's horoscope was so far out that in these strange days where advocating harm is more than just frowned upon, it could almost be classified as a crime.
Not sure where I saw it shared (so apologies if it was right here) but in the last few days I've seen a disclaimer from a newspaper explaining that their horoscopes are written some weeks in advance so may not reflect current safety advice. It might be the single most ironic thing ever written.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 08:16 AM   #324
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

For some reason, known only to the strange and perverse AI algorithms employed by Google, Google News has offered me a couple of newspaper horoscopes in the most recent couple of days. I can only speculate that this is an attempt to disabuse me of their accuracy.
Old 27th March 2020, 02:19 PM   #325
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

I may have already posted this, but my daily horoscope has lately been different. I get forecasts now telling me "It is time to spend time alone". "You will find yourself missing someone who needs to avoid you now". "Keep others away, and let them phone you".
Old 27th March 2020, 05:31 PM   #326
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I may have already posted this, but my daily horoscope has lately been different. I get forecasts now telling me "It is time to spend time alone". "You will find yourself missing someone who needs to avoid you now". "Keep others away, and let them phone you".
Australia’s Sydney Morning Herald astrologer doesn’t seem to be paying attention to current affairs.

“ If there are any invitations up for grabs seize them with both hands. If not, arrange dinner and fun with a few friends. Everyone is going a little bit stir crazy and so silly entertainment will be a welcome distraction. You’ll very much enjoy the soothing, low-maintenance energy of Water signs right now.”
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 07:28 PM   #327
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I know it's bunk and always was, but I'm considering writing to the Rutland Herald and suggesting that their current spate of horoscopes has really jumped the shark. Since they claim to be nearly broke all the time, cutting issues, firing staff and making the paper thinner and smaller, the next cost cutting measure should be to drop that ****.

In fact, I just took a few minutes off from this post and did exactly that. I'll mail it tomorrow.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2020, 02:35 AM   #328
Tassman
Muse

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Interesting that the stars keep up with foreign affairs. LOL
Old 28th March 2020, 06:39 AM   #329
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
Interesting that the stars keep up with foreign affairs. LOL
Properly speaking, foreign affairs should keep up with the stars. A prediction of what happened yesterday is of somewhat limited value.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM   #330
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Strange how India is so unprepared for the pandemic.
You would have thought that all those real, like really real vedic astrologers would have given them plenty of warning.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal