ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags flat earth , flat earthers

Old 30th November 2017, 04:35 AM   #81
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Don't they have this fantasy about compasses not indicating direction properly, GPS being fakery, and that all voyages claiming to be in a straight line are actually curved? I'm buggered if I can see how they explain away the voyages of sailors around the globe.

Joshua Slocombe, the first to circumnavigate the globe solo, met Paul Kruger, president of South Africa, as he was nearing the end of his voyage. Kruger was a flat earther, who told Slocombe to his face that he was lying about his voyage, despite Slocombe having signed testimony from various mayors, prime ministers, harbourmasters, and so on that he had in fact been to the places he'd been. Where is the warp in the space time continuum* which means travelling continually east you don't end up A/ falling off the edge of the earth and B/ arriving back where you started?

* It's between the ears of flat earthers, the world's ultimate ignorami.
It's not so much that there is something that makes them go in a circle, but rather the distance they'd have to travel.

If the FE's are right, then flying around the Southern 60th parallel would be a journey of 104,724 km.

If they are wrong, it would only be 20,945 km.

That's the difference of being able to fly it in a 777-200LR and taking just under a day, without having to land and refuel, and taking 5 days to fly it while having to land and refuel 4 times!

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 30th November 2017 at 04:42 AM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 05:03 AM   #82
erlando
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
It's not so much that there is something that makes them go in a circle, but rather the distance they'd have to travel.

If the FE's are right, then flying around the Southern 60th parallel would be a journey of 104,724 km.

If they are wrong, it would only be 20,945 km.

That's the difference of being able to fly it in a 777-200LR and taking just under a day, without having to land and refuel, and taking 5 days to fly it while having to land and refuel 4 times!
This is one of the points that flatearthers never seem to want to address.

The distance from London to San Francisco is 8611 km and is flown in 11 hours 15 mins. The distance from Perth to Johannesburg is 8300 km and is flown in 10 hours 50 mins. They don't seem to be able to explain how this is possible given their flat "UN style" map.

Last edited by erlando; 30th November 2017 at 05:14 AM.
erlando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 05:22 AM   #83
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
.......They don't seem to be able to explain how this is possible given their flat "UN style" map.
Is there a map they actually agree on?
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 05:44 AM   #84
The_Animus
Master Poster

Don't they have this fantasy about compasses not indicating direction properly, GPS being fakery, and that all voyages claiming to be in a straight line are actually curved? I'm buggered if I can see how they explain away the voyages of sailors around the globe.
Can't they test a compass by themselves? Start at a spot, go in a direction, then go in the opposite and end up back where they were?

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 07:18 AM   #85
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Is there a map they actually agree on?
No. There are several maps, all of which are rough guesses. This is super convenient, because it means they can jump to a different map as needed for the argument or even fall back on "Well I could answer that if I had an accurate map, but THEY won't let the truth out! It's not my fault, it's the conspiracy! So my ignorance is actually evidence!"
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 09:53 AM   #86
Daniel
Muse

Let's end all of this 'Whistl'n Past the Graveyard' nonsense: Photographs/CGI/Outer Space ect ect.

The Earth is Flat...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). Such systems REQUIRE that the platform maintain LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) the target until it is engaged by the missile. Ship-based standard missile (SM) and NATO Seasparrow AAW missiles are examples of such a semiactive mode."
http://m.eet.com/media/1111959/819_radar3.pdf

Range is MORE THAN 35 Miles. http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/
The target is "Illuminated" with a 2 inch Pencil Beam (RF) which has to be maintained "Painted" on the target until detonation. At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Tracking Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Sight (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling": (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

All of the "images" of Earth are from "Space" i.e., Vacuum or Near Vacuum. Well there is No Vacuum or Near Vacuum...

1. How do you have a GAS PRESSURE (Atmospheric Pressure) WITHOUT a Container...TO BEGIN WITH?? When...

"The "PRESSURE OF A GAS" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS OF IT'S CONTAINER".
http://chemistry.elmhurst.edu/vchemb...0pressure.html

Please, I can't wait to hear this Yarn...?
Basically, explain how you can have a "Tire Pressure"...

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

2. How can you have a Vacuum (Outer-Space) attached to a Non-Vacuum (Earth) WITHOUT a Physical Barrier in the same system simultaneously, without Bludgeoning to a Bloody Pulp... the Laws of Entropy (2LOT) ??

a. In other words, How are you still Breathing and adhering to your fairytale religion... BOTH, at the same time??

b. Then, Define the Law of Non-Contradiction...?

c. Then, please list each fairytale associated with "Outer-Space" that gets taken out back to the Woodshed and Bludgeoned Senseless as a result of the fairytale "Vacuum of Space" VAPORIZING....?

3. And, This is kinda fun...How in the World did the Earth Form an Atmosphere at all... "IN A VACUUM"?? From a big bang??

Have you ever heard: "Nature Abhors a Vacuum", by chance? Why is that...?

regards
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:13 AM   #87
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Let's end all of this 'Whistl'n Past the Graveyard' nonsense: Photographs/CGI/Outer Space ect ect.

The Earth is Flat...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). Such systems REQUIRE that the platform maintain LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) the target until it is engaged by the missile. Ship-based standard missile (SM) and NATO Seasparrow AAW missiles are examples of such a semiactive mode."

Range is MORE THAN 35 Miles. http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/
The target is "Illuminated" with a 2 inch Pencil Beam (RF) which has to be maintained "Painted" on the target until detonation. At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Tracking Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Sight (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling": (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

All of the "images" of Earth are from "Space" i.e., Vacuum or Near Vacuum. Well there is No Vacuum or Near Vacuum...

1. How do you have a GAS PRESSURE (Atmospheric Pressure) WITHOUT a Container...TO BEGIN WITH?? When...

"The "PRESSURE OF A GAS" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS OF IT'S CONTAINER".

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

2. How can you have a Vacuum (Outer-Space) attached to a Non-Vacuum (Earth) WITHOUT a Physical Barrier in the same system simultaneously, without Bludgeoning to a Bloody Pulp... the Laws of Entropy (2LOT) ??

a. In other words, How are you still Breathing and adhering to your fairytale religion... BOTH, at the same time??

c. Then, please list each fairytale associated with "Outer-Space" that gets taken out back to the Woodshed and Bludgeoned Senseless as a result of the fairytale "Vacuum of Space" VAPORIZING....?

3. And, This is kinda fun...How in the World did the Earth Form an Atmosphere at all... "IN A VACUUM"?? From a big bang??

regards
1. My favorite part was when you posted an article directly contradicting everything you just said.

2. Gravity.

How far is the horizon from the top of Everest again?
Old 30th November 2017, 10:18 AM   #88
Arisia
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SOdhner View Post
No. There are several maps, all of which are rough guesses. This is super convenient, because it means they can jump to a different map as needed for the argument or even fall back on "Well I could answer that if I had an accurate map, but THEY won't let the truth out! It's not my fault, it's the conspiracy! So my ignorance is actually evidence!"
So all cartographers (and even Geography degree holders, since we all take at least one Cartography course) are in on it! Even me... oh well, I guess I can kiss that monthly payment from the sphericalist conspiracy HQ good-bye now that I've spilled the beans!
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:23 AM   #89
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

The Earth is Flat...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

regards
Evolution?
Old 30th November 2017, 10:23 AM   #90
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Sea Sparrow are Anti Aircraft Missiles, they are fired at targets that are up in the air, above the surface.

Guidance system, Mid-course update datalink, Terminal semi-active radar homing for Block 1, dual semi-active/active radar homing for BLock 2.
Sea Sparrow uses Radar aboard the ship to 'paint' the target. Once it gets to close range the missile uses its own active sensors to track the target.
It is a short range 'point defence' system.

Do you think that the Navy know the earth is flat but pretend it's a globe?

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 30th November 2017 at 10:26 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:26 AM   #91
threadworm
Graduate Poster

All pretty heavily c&p from

https://www.worthychristianforums.co...onents/?page=2

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:27 AM   #92
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Evolution?
Please not. This thread has enough stupid in it already. Daniel denies evolution too. He denies everything, automatically, if there is evidence in support of it.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:28 AM   #93
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
This one is a doozy

Quote:
Since the Earth is, as we're TOLD, a Sphere 25,000 miles in circumference... radius 3959 miles, then Pilots traveling @ a typical cruising speed of 500 mph --- to simply maintain altitude, would constantly have to adjust their altitude downwards, (to Compensate for the Curvature) and descend 2,777 feet over half a mile every minute !!!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:31 AM   #94
CORed
Philosopher

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Tracking Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Sight (LOS) 35 Miles Away
<bolding of "aircraft" and "80 feet" is mine>
<lots of nonsense that boils down to "Daniel doesn't understand gravity" snipped>
I'm pretty sure the U.S navy has aircraft that can fly higher than 80 feet.

Last edited by CORed; 30th November 2017 at 12:30 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:32 AM   #95
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Sea Sparrow (NATO):
A pretty awful example. Firstly, the Sea Sparrow is a medium range air-to-air missile kludged to provide a short range ship-to-air capability in response to a threat the USN hadn't envisaged. Secondly, its shipborne use is primarily at very short range; its 35+ mile theoretical range is a vestigial capability left over from its original air-to-air mission, where the horizon is typically much further away. And finally, the whole rationale for adopting the Sea Sparrow was to provide quick kills against sea-skimming missiles because they can approach to very close contact below the horizon; the original requirement for the Sea Sparrow is therefore derived from the curvature of the Earth.

That last statement is a barefaced lie; you actually refuse to hear the mechanism by which atmospheric pressure is able to exist, despite having it explained to you in detail in other threads.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:45 AM   #96
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

The earth is flat! We know that from GPS, which we derive from a series of satellites orbiting the... ummmm.... globe in.... errrr... space.

Old 30th November 2017, 11:00 AM   #97
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The earth is flat! We know that from GPS, which we derive from a series of satellites orbiting the... ummmm.... globe in.... errrr... space.

My favorite (don't have a link) is a youtube video from somebody who found a bright blue rock, which he is convinced is piece of the firmament that a rocket or something chipped off when it hit.

Another, linked by a youtube commenter who claimed it was a devastating refutation of a spherical earth said that if the world was round, said that rivers would be running uphill. There were a number of other arguments in the video, all just about as dumb as that one. Makes sense, in the that you have to be geometrically retarded to be a flat earther.

Last edited by CORed; 30th November 2017 at 11:21 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 11:24 AM   #98
HSienzant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
My favorite (don't have a link) is a youtube video from somebody who found a bright blue rock, which he is convinced is piece of the firmament that a rocket or something chipped off when it hit.
One of several. May not be the one you reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBscpFnOVo

Hank
Old 30th November 2017, 11:54 AM   #99
The_Animus
Master Poster

What is supposed to be the motive for lying about the earth being a sphere?

The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 12:04 PM   #100
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
What is supposed to be the motive for lying about the earth being a sphere?
NASA's budget and/or to hide God from us.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:07 PM   #101
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Please not. This thread has enough stupid in it already. Daniel denies evolution too.
Agreed. Not this topic.

Quote:
He denies everything, automatically, if there is evidence in support of it.
Probably also not this topic, but interesting: is this just an attention seeking behavior? Is this some sort of life decision one makes to "be different" and provocative? Why take the contrary position on everything?

I sort of understand the people who believe in on contrary thing, one CT, one form of woo. I mean, we all have our blind spots. But to have the basis of all of your opinions hinge on "whatever the experts say is wrong" seems a bit extreme.

And the corollary is the obvious: if I'm so wrong it should be easy to prove me wrong without resorting to experts. Another fascinating line of inquiry where you start off by dismissing most of the relevant information.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 12:17 PM   #102
The_Animus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alexi_drago View Post
NASA budget doesn't make sense as there are numerous organizations all over the world that support sphere earth.

As for God, how does it hide God, and what would be the purpose in doing so?

Old 30th November 2017, 12:21 PM   #103
EvilBiker
Muse

The standard response I normally get is "if they're lying about the shape of the Earth, who knows what else they're lying about!"

In other words, trying to find a justification for their paranoia.

Then things descend into the usual morass of Holocaust denialism, FOTL, Monsanto, cannabis cures cancer, etc. and I walk away cracking my knuckles and wishing for lighter sentences for GBH.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:23 PM   #104
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

NASA budget doesn't make sense as there are numerous organizations all over the world that support sphere earth.

I love the "hide God" bit.

Because, seriously, what omnipotent creator of the universe can't be stopped by a few fake photos and some armed guards?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 12:43 PM   #105
Imhotep
Muse

I think the "hide God bit" is basically saying that if we saw the true form of the earth and the heavens, we would instantly know that it was beautifully designed by a beautiful creator and us ugly, full of sin at birth, cretins can't handle the truth, therefore science was put in place, or something like that...
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 12:45 PM   #106
Imhotep
Muse

One of the trickier jobs of the globe conspiracy is to re-route all flights that don't use a pole route so that those taking those faster routes don't notice the difference.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 01:17 PM   #107
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
I think the "hide God bit" is basically saying that if we saw the true form of the earth and the heavens, we would instantly know that it was beautifully designed by a beautiful creator and us ugly, full of sin at birth, cretins can't handle the truth, therefore science was put in place, or something like that...
Yeah, the typical believer back-handed ploy at saying "I'm better than you!" while still trying to maintain a façade of righteousness.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 01:32 PM   #108
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

So to remain "COHERENT" with Soundly's Z Axis, the X Axis should look like this...

http://imgur.com/iWg9vSZ

Do you need more Gasoline with your Matches?

regards
No. When you are virtually on the surface of a ball, the horizon is always perpendicular to your line of sight. Therefore, it appears to be a straight line. You should be able to test it with a large beach-ball and a prism.

Hans
Old 30th November 2017, 01:33 PM   #109
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I was referring to "Nobody" knows what it is. I'll show ya...

'evolution'?? What's that...? Define evolution...?

a. Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?
b. Post just TWO Formal Scientific Hypotheses then Experiments that concretized it into a REAL Scientific Theory...?
c. Post the Null Hypotheses that were Rejected/Falsified for each...?
d. Highlight The Independent Variables used in Each TEST...?

regards
Do your own homework.

See you in a few years ...

Hans
Old 30th November 2017, 01:36 PM   #110
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Can you be a little more specific than "way up yonder in the sky"?

Well our eyesight has limitations inherently, not even speaking to Atmospheric Conditions.

With Mount Everest at 29,029 Feet, the Horizon is at 208 Miles. Is Chicago or Singapore within 208 Miles of Mount Everest?

regards
Oh? How does the horizon depend on height?

Bit of a slip, there, ehh, Daniel?

(Hint: If the Earth were flat, the horizon would not depend on height.)

Hans
Old 30th November 2017, 01:37 PM   #111
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Sensational! You just managed to prove the earth is not flat.
Yeah, hehehe.

Hans
Old 30th November 2017, 01:47 PM   #112
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

The Earth is Flat...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

Perhaps you would like to read those articles a bit more closely?

Quote:

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

Take a barometer, and climb a mountain. What happens to the air pressure?

Explain.

Quote:
Yes. It is wrong. You know, from way back when they didn't quite know what they were talking about? Should ring a bell for you.

.... Later, the concept of pressure was discovered. You should read the book.

Hans
Old 30th November 2017, 01:57 PM   #113
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

regards
Wow, using this logic we can't have water pressure without a container either, so I guess all the rubbish about doing decompression stops and people getting the bends after deep dives is all just a fable too. Part of the hoax. Same for pilots and mountaineers, and anyone that lives in Denver that tell us that atmospheric pressure decreases as you increase in altitude.

Seems that there are a lot of people in on this hoax.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 02:57 PM   #114
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Yeah, I have to say, if Nature abhors a vacuum, she must be a masochist. She sure as heck created more of it than anything else!
Old 30th November 2017, 03:15 PM   #115
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Yeah, I have to say, if Nature abhors a vacuum, she must be a masochist. She sure as heck created more of it than anything else!
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...319960&page=40
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 03:44 PM   #116
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

Do you really expect anything sensible from someone who believes the earth is flat?
Old 30th November 2017, 03:49 PM   #117
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Wow, using this logic we can't have water pressure without a container either, so I guess all the rubbish about doing decompression stops and people getting the bends after deep dives is all just a fable too. Part of the hoax. Same for pilots and mountaineers, and anyone that lives in Denver that tell us that atmospheric pressure decreases as you increase in altitude.

Seems that there are a lot of people in on this hoax.
Sounds like Daniel believes in the magical suction force of vacuum. Where nothing at all can exert an attractive force on matter, maybe he can clarify what the vector of that force points to.
Old 30th November 2017, 07:09 PM   #118
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

1. My favorite part was when you posted an article directly contradicting everything you just said.

2. Gravity.

How far is the horizon from the top of Everest again?
This.

Also note: just because they say LOS, doesn't mean the missile magically disappears if the target dips below the horizon. You fire it, you keep LOS, if you lose LOS, oh well. And LOS can be pretty high above sea level at 35 miles, including curvature.

Proof of nothing but Flat Earther wishful thinking. Which we already had ample proof of.

Last edited by LSSBB; 30th November 2017 at 07:15 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 11:01 PM   #119
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

What I always wonder is when the conspiracy that makes us all believe the earth is round is going to reveal their time machine that allowed them to start the conspiracy in 500BC and keep patrolling the earth ever since.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:34 AM   #120
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

Didn't Saint Augustine have something nasty to say about Christians like that?
Sounded like: "Stop embarrassing us!"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories