IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:01 PM   #1481
curious cat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy View Post
With the 10s of thousands witnesses constantly being referred toby you 'skeptics', we should have a lot more videos and images. NY is full of tourists with cameras, media people with cameras, etc. After the first 'impact', thousands of cameras would be pointed at the towers........................
I am sure we do have "a lot more videos and images". The reason for only a comparably small number being available is duplicity. A lot of these photos and videos have to almost exact replicas of the others - taken at the same time, from the same locations. Why would anybody publish ten of the same photos or vids? The first one hits the media and the rest is quietly forgotten, maybe being shown occasionally to a few friends with "hey, I was there too" comment.
Does it make sense to you? If not, seek professional help, you have a problem.
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:07 PM   #1482
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

jI'm not Claiming that video is fake. Only the videos that purport to show the actual impact, like the Hezarkhani video, that show no sign of a crash. While I could accept the engines and landing gear penetrating the wall, I can't accept the wingtips penetrating as depicted. And that's enought to convince me the video has to be fake.
The wingtips did not break into the WTC, they dented and damaged the facade as seen.

So you can't analysis any video, you think they look fake, so you spread lies anyway.

I posted that video and you failed to prove it is fake. Why do you lie when you can't prove the video is fake?

The video does not show the wingtips doing what you say it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEczx-8xZI
This video you say is fake does not show the wingtips breaking the shell, does it?

The plane was going 590 mph, had the energy at impact equal to 2093 pound of TNT, and the jet fuel fire ball is exactly what you get with the jet fuel on board. But the outer wingtips did not penetrate the WTC, NIST knows that, I know that, why are you making up fake claims?
Here it is the videos you say is fake, where is the in depth analysis you did to come to the fake video conclusion now that all the others are real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmkAplBQSM
Is this one fake, as it shows an aircraft, Flight 175, which is also on Radar, right there the same time?

A lot of videos show the impact, and Radar confirms which planes did it.

Last edited by beachnut; 22nd January 2020 at 08:19 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:29 PM   #1483
Elagabalus
Philosopher

jI'm not Claiming that video is fake. Only the videos that purport to show the actual impact, like the Hezarkhani video, that show no sign of a crash. While I could accept the engines and landing gear penetrating the wall, I can't accept the wingtips penetrating as depicted. And that's enought to convince me the video has to be fake.

Huh? And the crowds reaction?

https://youtu.be/JDEczx-8xZI?t=34

The wings are filled with jet fuel. Jet Fuel JP-5 weighs 6.8 pounds per gallon (as a comparison water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon). The jet fuel has a weight (mass). And it's going 590 m.p.h. What do you think will happen?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:41 PM   #1484
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by curious cat View Post
I am sure we do have "a lot more videos and images". The reason for only a comparably small number being available is duplicity. A lot of these photos and videos have to almost exact replicas of the others - taken at the same time, from the same locations. Why would anybody publish ten of the same photos or vids? The first one hits the media and the rest is quietly forgotten, maybe being shown occasionally to a few friends with "hey, I was there too" comment.
Does it make sense to you? If not, seek professional help, you have a problem.
We ALL have a problem, and it's not one that can be solved by professional help.The problem is the relentless encroachment of global tyranny and the fact that you 'skeptics' don't see it coming.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The large ones are kept secret by public incredulity. - Marshall McLuhan
Itchy Boy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:52 PM   #1485
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

We ALL have a problem, and it's not one that can be solved by professional help.The problem is the relentless encroachment of global tyranny and the fact that you 'skeptics' don't see it coming.
The old global tyranny paranoid conspiracy theories stuff which had nothing to do with the videos you say are fake.

You can't show in detail with a real analysis that any video is fake, and you never did the work.

Prove this is fake. You can't, so why do you lie and say they are fake.

Radar was not fake, and you make up the fake blimp junk recycled from failed 9/11 truth liars.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:53 PM   #1486
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Huh? And the crowds reaction?

https://youtu.be/JDEczx-8xZI?t=34

The wings are filled with jet fuel. Jet Fuel JP-5 weighs 6.8 pounds per gallon (as a comparison water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon). The jet fuel has a weight (mass). And it's going 590 m.p.h. What do you think will happen?
I still don't believe the wing tips wouldn't break off. And the plane can't fly at that velocity at sea level.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The large ones are kept secret by public incredulity. - Marshall McLuhan
Itchy Boy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:04 PM   #1487
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
The old global tyranny paranoid conspiracy theories stuff which had nothing to do with the videos you say are fake.

You can't show in detail with a real analysis that any video is fake, and you never did the work.

Prove this is fake. You can't, so why do you lie and say they are fake.

Radar was not fake, and you make up the fake blimp junk recycled from failed 9/11 truth liars.
I've already said i'm only claiming as fake the videos that clearly show the 2nd impact. Your link does not, so I have no way to determine if it's fake or not.
Nobody has proven that the videos I'm talking about are real.

Furthermore, I have no motive or desire to lie. Whatever I say, I believe to be true. I have nothing to gain by lying.

That global tyranny is approaching is neither paranoid nor a theory. but it's beyond the scope of this discussion to present all the evidence for that.

Last edited by Itchy Boy; 22nd January 2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:58 PM   #1488
Itchy Boy
Muse

Here'a another angle that convinces me 9/22 was an inside job.

Those who would argu that there are easier ways to justify war than orchestrating 9/11 take note.

Whether any terrorists want to terrorizse a population, or kill as many infidels as possible, there are endless easier, more effective and less risky ways to accomplish those goals. Every aspect of the9/11 fable is fraught with the potential for failure from the terrorist's point of view.

They have to get through airport security. They have to learn how to fly a jumbo jet.They have to take over the planes. They have to hit their targets.

Why not simply derail a few trains, or throw a bomb in a garbage can at a crowed mall and walk away to strike again and again? No one would know where or when the next attack would occur. More terror and deaths accomplished with far less risk of failure. But, I suppose terrorists who are able to outsmart and outmanoeuvre the biggest, most elaborate intelligence and defence apparatus that has ever existed, are just too stupid to figure that out, huh?

Inatead, we get this one time only Hollywood blockbuster production with potential failure points all along the way.. And,of course, no Hollywood discaster story would be complete without heros. so we get the story of flight 93 and Todd Beamer.

And most folks on this forum fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Though, I'm embarrassed to admit, so did I - at first

Old 22nd January 2020, 10:00 PM   #1489
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

And the plane can't fly at that velocity at sea level.

Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:26 PM   #1490
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Those who would argu that there are easier ways to justify war than orchestrating 9/11 take note.

Whether any terrorists want to terrorizse a population, or kill as many infidels as possible, there are endless easier, more effective and less risky ways to accomplish those goals. Every aspect of the9/11 fable is fraught with the potential for failure from the terrorist's point of view.

They have to get through airport security. They have to learn how to fly a jumbo jet.They have to take over the planes. They have to hit their targets.

Why not simply derail a few trains, or throw a bomb in a garbage can at a crowed mall and walk away to strike again and again? No one would know where or when the next attack would occur. More terror and deaths accomplished with far less risk of failure. But, I suppose terrorists who are able to outsmart and outmanoeuvre the biggest, most elaborate intelligence and defence apparatus that has ever existed, are just too stupid to figure that out, huh?

Inatead, we get this one time only Hollywood blockbuster production with potential failure points all along the way.. And,of course, no Hollywood discaster story would be complete without heros. so we get the story of flight 93 and Todd Beamer.

And most folks on this forum fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Though, I'm embarrassed to admit, so did I - at first
Or drive a Ryder truck with explosives into the underground parking garage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_W...Center_bombing

If at first you don't succeed, eh?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:27 PM   #1491
Axxman300
Illuminator

Are you referring to the hanging of Nathan Hale or George W Bush's birthday?

Quote:
Yes, sit back and let a small regional problem become a big regional problem that threatens US allies and US financial and security interests. It takes years and it's less flashy but the sheeple never see it coming.

Quote:
Well...yeah, that's what separates Al Qaeda from the wannabees - balls.

Quote:
Which they did. They watched and learned, they went to flight school, they made test flights and noted everything from the time they entered the airport to the time their planes landed. That's just good field craft.

Quote:
Why not simply derail a few trains, or throw a bomb in a garbage can at a crowed mall and walk away to strike again and again? No one would know where or when the next attack would occur. More terror and deaths accomplished with far less risk of failure.
Buddy, how you can he be Canadian and know so little about the United States? That stuff you just listed is just another Saturday night in Chicago or Detroit. Sure as hell wouldn't make the news. Hell, I made pipe bombs as a kid. This is America, we shoot stuff and blow s**t up for fun.

Quote:
But, I suppose terrorists who are able to outsmart and outmanoeuvre the biggest, most elaborate intelligence and defence apparatus that has ever existed, are just too stupid to figure that out, huh?
Again, you really need to come down for a visit. And they didn't outsmart our intelligence agencies, our intelligence agencies outsmarted each other. And our defense apparatus doesn't work inside the country by design. That's why when we need to shoot Native Americans civil law enforcement does it and not our military like Canada does (looking at you JTF2).

And what about the Candian Highway Patrol? Does everyone drive the speed limit in Canada* ? Does the Highway Patrol catch them all?

* (trick question, nobody drives the speed limit in Canada, and don't get me started on their inability to use turn signals)

Quote:
Inatead, we get this one time only Hollywood blockbuster production with potential failure points all along the way..
That was bin Laden's idea, an attack so spectacular it would force America to re-think its Middle Eastern policies and withdraw from the region. And it was a one-time event because we patched a lot of those security holes Al Qaeda took advantage of to pull off the attacks.

Quote:
And,of course, no Hollywood discaster story would be complete without heros. so we get the story of flight 93 and Todd Beamer.
And now you had to reveal you suffer from Little Man syndrome.

Quote:
...and then you stopped taking your meds...
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:34 PM   #1492
curious cat
Critical Thinker

.................. And the plane can't fly at that velocity at sea level.
A small correction: "And the plane is NOT MEANT to fly at that velocity at sea level." There is a design speed and there are safety margins. The design speed can be exceeded by a significant number (yes, it happened here) before the plane suffers some significant damage or breaks up. There were a few recorded cases of a severe overspending, most of them with happy ending. Probably the most famous is Chinese Airlines 006 involving B747 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_006 .
It has been suggested that China Airlines Flight 006 holds the speed record for a 747. The NTSB report states a velocity of 296 KIAS during the powered dive. By comparison, Mach 1 at the altitude that the incident started appears to have been 298 KIAS. Thus it looks like this plane hit the sound barrier on the way down.
Remarkably, the crew managed to save the jet and landing it while parts of the airframe were falling off...
And let's check your logic again. The speed has been determined from faked black box recording, right? Why THEY didn't make the fake recordings more believable? Surely THEY didn't know what the aircraft is capable of and what not... Bloody idiots them THEY!

Last edited by curious cat; 22nd January 2020 at 11:07 PM.
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:53 PM   #1493
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Lie alert, adopted lie about speed

I still don't believe the wing tips wouldn't break off. And the plane can't fly at that velocity at sea level.
What about the wing tips, they were smashed by the WTC and left evidence.

Wrong, a 767 can reach in level flight the speeds on 9/11, the engines have more than enough thrust to fly faster than Vmo and Vd, and you can't prove otherwise you are not a pilot or aero major, and failed to provide the math to back up your lie about speed and sea level. BTW, the engines have their most thrust at sea level, you failed at this one, why? Why do you blindly post lies?

Show the math, or retract your lie.

I've already said i'm only claiming as fake the videos that clearly show the 2nd impact. Your link does not, so I have no way to determine if it's fake or not.
Nobody has proven that the videos I'm talking about are real.

Furthermore, I have no motive or desire to lie. Whatever I say, I believe to be true. I have nothing to gain by lying.

That global tyranny is approaching is neither paranoid nor a theory. but it's beyond the scope of this discussion to present all the evidence for that.
Real video, you never proved fake, thus your claims remain lies.

You failed to prove this video fake, and never will. Stop spreading lies based on nothing.

Yes, if we want to start a war, we make up lies about Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11, and no one liked Saddam anyway. See, war - and 9/11 was done by 19 terrorists, not your THEM you can't name or explain how they did anything you claim is fake. You lost this one.

Really, 19 terrorists killed thousands and ruined hijacking for everyone in the USA. Today DB Cooper would be killed by passengers. Do you know anything about history of hijacking. NO

They have to get through airport security. Yes and before 9/11 we could have small knives which could be used to cut pilot throats who are strapped in and facing forward.

They have to learn how to fly a jumbo jet. They learned how to fly smaller planes and some rented larger simulators. So?

Yes, they had to stand up in first class and kill the pilots. So? They trained on how to cut throats, quick and easy, no pilot. But you apologize for the murderers with lies about 9/11.

They trained how to fly, and hitting a 200 foot tower is easier than landing, but you never flew so you don't know anything about this.,

A bomb is what the FBI was looking for. McVeigh did not kill thousands with his very large truck bomb, why would you settle for hundreds when you can use aircraft as "bombs" equal in energy to 1,000 to 2,000 pound bombs?

Derail a train, what is the average death from derailed trains? When you can use planes as weapons?

No one had a clue people would stand up and cut pilot throats and kill their way to the cockpit, did you? NO

Risk of failure was what? They were 100 percent at taking the planes, 75 percent at hitting targets. Why are you so bad at things associated with math, and so wrong on all your 9/11 related ideas.

Why 100 percent, because no one thought it was going to happen, kill pilots take plane was new. Hijacking is perfect to buy an hour or more before anyone figures out it was fake, and then 93 Passengers figured it out and stopped, and they figured out 9/11 in minutes, you have take years to make up lies and failed to figure out 9/11.

Yes, low tech fake hijacking with small knives tricked you and everyone. And you are the one who can't figure out 9/11, and you call someone stupid? That is funny.

Lucky the Passengers on Flight 93 were smarter than you and took action to stop the terrorists, unlike you who deny the terrorists existed and now you mock the hero's on Flight 93, how disgraceful.

Yes, Flight 93 Passengers figured out 9/11 and you can't, so you mock heros. Good job being disrespectful - you sure can't figure out 9/11.

How long have you been gullible, and believe 9/11 truth lies?

So far you have proved why it was so easy for 19 terrorists to carry out a plot so complex you can't grasp it.

Plot of 19 terrorists.
1. Take plane
2. Crash plane

To complex for you and your 9/11 truth group.

Please stop the Gish Gallop and try to defend your claim this video is fake, show your work, or retract your lies now. Please - show us you know more than recycled lies you parrot for 9/11 truth.

Last edited by beachnut; 22nd January 2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:48 PM   #1494
Itchy Boy
Muse

Despite all your efforts to obscure the truth, the awakening continues to grow. So all your protestations are for naught.

Old 22nd January 2020, 11:50 PM   #1495
waypastvne
Muse

Despite all your efforts to obscure the truth, the awakening continues to grow. So all your protestations are for naught.

I still have never met a 911 truther in real life, only on the internet.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:53 PM   #1496
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

are anti-vaxxers 9/11 truther too

... And most folks on this forum fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Though, I'm embarrassed to admit, so did I - at first
Why did you switch from being a no evidence anti-vaxxer to a no evidence 9/11 truth fantasy spreader?

Seems strange to drop being an anti-vaxxer to 9/11 truth gullible believer. Albeit both have both use the same evidence, BS. Why 6 months off from spreading woo, did your anti-vaxxer stuff fail, and you moved to 9/11 truth woo?

What did it take 6 months to switch?

Aircraft are not fragile.
Video are not fake.
You Gish Gallop is not impressive.
Your claims seem to be failed ideas from nuts like Balsamo, CIT, and other 9/11 truth idiots.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:55 PM   #1497
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

No matter how much BS you post from failed 9/11 truth nuts like Balsamo and the CIT idiots, your paranoia is showing.

You are projecting big time.
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:02 AM   #1498
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

What, no evidence --- what a surprize.

This is funny, you have no evidence so your start sounding like a pod person, taken over by aliens, like the Body Snatchers.

Claiming this video is fake, you failed so you resort to a rant like you are some leader of a movement, and you will show us.

Unable to prove this is fake, now stuck making silly threats ignorance will grow.

When did you adopt the fantasy version of 9/11 put out by 9/11 truth, and drop reality? Did you google up 9/11 and believe the lies?

Are anti-vaxxer susceptible to fall for 9/11 truth lie?

It appears you know less about 9/11 than you do vaccines.

Last edited by beachnut; 23rd January 2020 at 12:18 AM.
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:16 AM   #1499
Axxman300
Illuminator

Awakening = No taking meds.
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:44 AM   #1500
erwinl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
I still have never met a 911 truther in real life, only on the internet.
I have once (in real life). A collegue. He really believed it.
But he also really believed in Big Foot, Time altering pyramids and the Illuminati, to name some examples. Those he really believed in.
What he doubted was whether the Holocaust ever occurred.

I shut him out real fast, when he started spilling that nonsense.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:18 AM   #1501
Itchy Boy
Muse

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
What, no evidence --- what a surprize.

This is funny, you have no evidence so your start sounding like a pod person, taken over by aliens, like the Body Snatchers.

Claiming this video is fake, you failed so you resort to a rant like you are some leader of a movement, and you will show us.

Unable to prove this is fake, now stuck making silly threats ignorance will grow.

When did you adopt the fantasy version of 9/11 put out by 9/11 truth, and drop reality? Did you google up 9/11 and believe the lies?

Are anti-vaxxer susceptible to fall for 9/11 truth lie?

It appears you know less about 9/11 than you do vaccines.
Sites like this exist to try to stem the tide. But you're failing to do so. Must be very frustrating for you all.
ETA: THe truth is, you can NEVER admit any so-called CT is true or your site will no longer have a reason to exist.

Last edited by Itchy Boy; 23rd January 2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:53 AM   #1502
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It must be quite comforting to live as if The Matrix was real. Keeps it all simple.
Itchy Boy: have you bought your swooshy leather coat and special clip-on sunglasses yet?
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:54 AM   #1503
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

The awakening is well underway and unstoppable.
So we don't need to worry about the Evil Encroachment then?
That's nice.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:55 AM   #1504
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

The fake 'impact videos are all the evidence I need to know the event was not as we' were told. But there's also the blatantly fake accounts of people like Mike Walter and Stanley Praimnath, in addition to many other bits that don't add up.

But I'm not here to convince you. I only venture into this swamp occasionally because its's mildly entertaining to see how far defenders of the official story will stretch credulity.
How is his account 'blatantly false'?
Old 23rd January 2020, 02:00 AM   #1505
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Itchy Boy's posts are a real trip down memory lane. Insurance scam, planes can't fly that low, no mention of OBL on the FBI poster- it's a Gish Gallop of long-debunked crap.
Itchy Boy: have you been on some remote island for the last 18 years? How is it that you seem to have learned absolutely nothing about 9/11 in all that time? This stuff is ancient history, and I am stunned that, not only do you believe it, but you also seem to think that we haven't seen it all a thousand times before.
Baffling. Quite baffling.
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:46 AM   #1506
JSanderO
Illuminator

All truthers believe that the US gov, the media which they call the MSM, academicians etc. are part of a conspiracy to fee everyone a narrative which does not represent real world truth. Ostensibly these false narratives are used because some "deep state" has an agenda which rational people would not accept.

Anyone who accepts any official narrative about any topic is simply a victim of brain washing... or an agent of the deep state perpetrating the fake narrative. Those in "control" are capable of all manner of technical skills much like producing a movie.. which the so called "sheeple" accept as reality.

The so called conspiracists are incapable of critical thinking, usually lacking scientific of technical backgrounds and can't explain who the reality "show" we all believe was created. They constantly point to some detail as being scientifically or technically impossible and so there must be a dark hidden explanation.

Some conspiricists will attempt to win followers with what is essentially flawed or junk science. To the naive it sounds like the real deal. This applies to people like Gage, Jones, Harrit, Woods, Praeger, Fetzer, Szamboti, Cole, Kevin Ryan and Steve Da'ak tp name a few. They come with little to nothing and expect people who don't accept their (made up out of whole cloth) narrative to prove THEM wrong. They ALWAYS switch the burden of proof, always use junk science/engineering and lack critical thinking and a broad technical background. What they all share in common is the belief that we are constantly lied to about almost everything.

Most of them avoid encounters with technical people who can easily refute their nonsense, instead prefer to make their false claims to gullible and largely technically challenged people. They love to trot out "resumes" of their associates while dismissing those of anyone who disputes their ridiculous claims.

They most certainly are not interested in the truth about the world, or discovering it using science. We've come to understand the 9/11 Truth is nothing but 9/11 lies, naivete and stupidity.

But why are they doing what they do if it's not "science"? Some to profit and massage their egos, others because they dislike many of the things in the world of fact. They resent marketing and PR and hidden agendas and see them everywhere they look... so there is an element of paranoia on top of their distrust for "authority". You can't be a "truther" or conspiracy believer unless you reject a commonly held world view.

This is a mass and individual psychology problem not a technical one.
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:58 AM   #1507
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

That's kind of revealing, don't you think? You've started from a conclusion, and then declared everything fake that doesn't agree with that conclusion, for no other reason than that it disagrees. From then on, you've abandoned the concept of evidence. You're not doing science; you're doing theology.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 04:42 AM   #1508
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

They don't penetrate, they shatter as they hit.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 05:04 AM   #1509
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

About 2.19 in this video, pause and single frame through the entire impact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

The wings are obviously not penetrating anything.

Watch the wings hold their shape as they shatter, just as those wingtips in the Hezarkhani video do.

The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:01 AM   #1510
pgimeno
Illuminator

I still don't believe the wing tips wouldn't break off.
But they did. They had their inertia, though, but they only dented the columns at these points. I'm not sure if they penetrated the building, meaning that most of the wing went through the space between columns, or if they stuck outside and were ejected by the explosion. It seems clear that they didn't bounce back.

And the plane can't fly at that velocity at sea level.
Oh yes it can, but if you ever try it, keep in mind that you will have trouble, or not be able at all, to land afterwards, because the structure will probably be too severely damaged for that. The very basics, however, are still met: the wings can still keep the plane in the air and the rear ailerons will probably still work. That's all the hijackers needed.

UA175 impacted at about Mach 0.76 or 0.77, close to the limit where a high-speed stall may occur. In fact, that may have been the cause that the pilot didn't strike closer to the centre; hard to know. But assuming it was accelerating all the way down, it was below that for most of the trajectory, therefore it was possible.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:40 AM   #1511
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It wasn't at sea level.
Why can't it fly at that speed?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:44 AM   #1512
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Itchy Boy,
What are your views on Chemtrails and the Flat Earth conspiracies?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 07:06 AM   #1513
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
It wasn't at sea level.
Why can't it fly at that speed?
Because he doesn't believe it can without any facts. Reminds me of some thoughts I picked up when dealing with Moon landing hoaxers:

If I don't understand something, then it must be fake.
If I can't explain something, then it must be fake.

And there might be many more.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:47 AM   #1514
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
They don't penetrate, they shatter as they hit.
Water can cut steel. Why can't a wing, filled with fuel, increasing the mass, generate the same amount of force water can?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:12 AM   #1515
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

tide of ignorance is coming - education is the cure

Sites like this exist to try to stem the tide. But you're failing to do so. Must be very frustrating for you all.
ETA: THe truth is, you can NEVER admit any so-called CT is true or your site will no longer have a reason to exist.
Frustrating? It is more like typing practice, and something to do while not playing fortnite with my grandkids.

The tide of ignorance? What are you talking about, you spread the dumbest lies on the internet, and can't produce your work, or any work which proves this video is fake.

You claim this is fake, show the evidence. Why can't you produce your analysis?

Where is your evidence to support your claims? Right, your claims are lies you found on the Internet, the great tide is ignorance.

Why did you not take physics?
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:17 AM   #1516
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Not quite as dumb as Flat Earth.
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:53 AM   #1517
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Itchy Boy,
What are your views on Chemtrails and the Flat Earth conspiracies?
How about the moon landings? We havenít had a good Apollo hoax thread in a long time.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:58 AM   #1518
FFTR
Scholar

Please provide a link to the one clear concise alternative explanation regarding 9/11? While you are at could you clear up the following.

- AE911T (Gage, et.al) claims the towers were destroyed by controlled demolition using nanothermite and conventional explosives and no nukes. Prager states it was controlled demolition but mini neutron bombs were used and no nanothermite. (Who is correct?).

There are so many alternative explanations regarding 9/11 all claiming to be correct.
FFTR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:33 PM   #1519
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
How about the moon landings? We havenít had a good Apollo hoax thread in a long time.
So far I think Itchy Boy has only gone for anti-vax and truther conspiracies but he is very engaged (we can give him credit for persistence - no flyby here) and there's only so much time in the day, so we can hope for eventual expansion.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:49 PM   #1520
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Water can cut steel. Why can't a wing, filled with fuel, increasing the mass, generate the same amount of force water can?
He is referring to the wing tips here and they don't slice through, rather they shatter.

But they give the illusion in the video of slicing through because the part that has not yet shattered maintains its shape and momentum even though it is no longer attached to anything.

I am using the video of the JASSM to show that this is quite typical.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories