IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th December 2020, 05:24 AM   #1
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Split thread: CT regarding Johnson’s covid

Originally Posted by Lplus View Post
He already had the virus - so he can afford to wait; especially if he's been tested and still has antibodies.

Unless you think it was all fake?
So did Hancock, remember?

There are a lot of rumours about Johnson, which I am sure I don't need to repeat here. With Johnson, it is hard to trust anything much about him. I can give him the benefit of a doubt as he seemed out of breath, dishevelled and suffering from brain fog for weeks later. He still appears to struggle to string a sentence together. Good job he has Carrie to help him run the country now that Dom has gone.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 05:42 AM   #2
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
So did Hancock, remember?

There are a lot of rumours about Johnson, which I am sure I don't need to repeat here. With Johnson, it is hard to trust anything much about him.
Shortness of breath or not, what possible reason would you have for believing he was faking it?
Old 4th December 2020, 07:51 AM   #3
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Shortness of breath or not, what possible reason would you have for believing he was faking it?
Johnson is a rake and a scoundrel.

He has zero credibility with me.

He is a rule breaker, a law breaker and has no qualms in using PR stunts for - shall we say - less than frank purposes.

So was he treated for Covid19 or something else? <shrug> I don't know.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Johnson is a rake and a scoundrel.

He has zero credibility with me.

He is a rule breaker, a law breaker and has no qualms in using PR stunts for - shall we say - less than frank purposes.

So was he treated for Covid19 or something else? <shrug> I don't know.
Strange.
Old 4th December 2020, 10:12 AM   #5
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Seriously?

If Johnson did not have Covid you think that a gossip factory like yer average NHS hospital could keep that one secret. Let alone that the whole ICU at Tommy's would keep secret that class of misuse of ICU resources?

Let me introduce you to hospitals...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 04:11 PM   #6
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

The consensus of hospital insiders who understood what was going on is that not only did BoJo have covid, the severity of his illness was being played down.
Old 5th December 2020, 02:38 PM   #7
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
The consensus of hospital insiders who understood what was going on is that not only did BoJo have covid, the severity of his illness was being played down.
Not so sure, there was talk of a ventilator, which is not exactly playing down.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 02:34 AM   #8
Planigale
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Seriously?

If Johnson did not have Covid you think that a gossip factory like yer average NHS hospital could keep that one secret. Let alone that the whole ICU at Tommy's would keep secret that class of misuse of ICU resources?

Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 02:35 AM   #9
Planigale
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 05:09 AM   #10
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Seriously?

I didn't say he didn't have it. I said I give him the benefit of a doubt. Doctors have strict confidentiality rules and I hear Johnson is not slow to issue 'superinjunctions' on the press so it doesn't wash to say, 'if he didn't have Covid19 as the main symptom' there would be a rumour mill because there is actually a rumour mill about Johnson's professed er, shall we say, problem.

Old 7th December 2020, 08:33 AM   #11
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

I didn't say he didn't have it. I said I give him the benefit of a doubt.
What doubt?
Quote:
Doctors have strict confidentiality rules and I hear Johnson is not slow to issue 'superinjunctions' on the press
There are plenty of other staff in a hospital apart from doctors.
Quote:
so it doesn't wash to say, 'if he didn't have Covid19 as the main symptom' there would be a rumour mill because there is actually a rumour mill about Johnson's professed er, shall we say, problem.
What does the highlighted bit even mean?

And what problem?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 11:37 AM   #12
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
What doubt?

There are plenty of other staff in a hospital apart from doctors.

What does the highlighted bit even mean?

And what problem?
Why don't you ask the person who raised the question in the first place?

As I said, I don't know and I will not be drawn.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories