IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dwight Eisenhower , Laura Eisenhower

Old 24th September 2016, 01:45 PM   #41
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I'd rather not assume that your looking it up on rational wiki automatically indicates that you just learned of it today.

This below could suggest you didnt know it was serious before looking it up.
Because everyone knows who you are, Bubba. And since you're a CTer, this could've been woo.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 02:10 PM   #42
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Because everyone knows who you are, Bubba. And since you're a CTer, this could've been woo.

My point being whether or not you knew of it before today. Thanks.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 02:37 PM   #43
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Did you know that it was Ike who warned of dangers in a Military Industrial Complex, in his farewell?

That makes him a whistleblower rather than a NWO candidate
One might consider, after looking up Military Industrial Complex, looking up Fallacy of Equivocation on Wikipedia.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 04:33 PM   #44
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
One might consider, after looking up Military Industrial Complex, looking up Fallacy of Equivocation on Wikipedia.

Dave

OK that doesnt tell me exactly you how are applying it

Care to elaborate?

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2016 at 04:50 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 04:54 PM   #45
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, that's right. One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency, and you're falling all over yourself trying to make it sound like you're schooling everyone here about it. Three posts trying to cram the notion into your critics' mouths that they've never heard the concept before you told them. Instead of your point always being to try to belittle or entrap people here, try making it, you know, a point.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 04:57 PM   #46
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Care to elaborate?
Step 1: Define military-industrial complex
Old 24th September 2016, 05:38 PM   #47
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Yeah, that's right. One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency, and you're falling all over yourself trying to make it sound like you're schooling everyone here about it. Three posts trying to cram the notion into your critics' mouths that they've never heard the concept before you told them. Instead of your point always being to try to belittle or entrap people here, try making it, you know, a point.

Not at all, the opposite is the case. You knew, perhaps

Yes it is one of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency. Therefore why would I even attempt that?

I was surprised to see indication that a member was not familiar with one of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency.

It appears it was true that the member had not heard of it before.

I asked because its not the first time I've noticed such in the member's case.
A matter of age could explain it. Or relatively less familiarity with the material.

Who would not agree that it is surprising to see unfamiliarity with Ike's MIC since its one of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 24th September 2016, 05:42 PM   #48
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

"Everyone"? "Your critics'"? "they"? He was inquiring if a single member who is known for starting threads mocking clueless conspiracy theorists really has never heard about Ike's "creation", and this is a legitimate inquiry given the context.

I don't know why you feel addressed and inspired to "speak up" here, but I could imagine some reasons.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 05:46 PM   #49
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
Three posts trying to cram the notion into your critics' mouths

Actually the 3 posts were quote/reply to a specific member for reason explained.

Your failed attack actually made my point as in it is surprising someone here does not know of

One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency.

Thank you

Last edited by Bubba; 24th September 2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 24th September 2016, 05:54 PM   #50
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Your failed attack...
Oh, please.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 05:54 PM   #51
Bubba
Philosopher

I wonderwill any of the above promote reconsideration of

Quote:
by JayUtah View Post
Old 24th September 2016, 05:56 PM   #52
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
Your failed attack...

Quote:
Oh, please.

OK change it to 'your attack'.

Better?
Old 24th September 2016, 05:57 PM   #53
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I don't know why you feel addressed...
It's a public forum. No one is "addressed." All members are free to post.

Quote:
...but I could imagine some reasons.
And that's important why?
Old 24th September 2016, 06:07 PM   #54
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I want to go on record as thanking the intrepid posters here who actually opened the link and listened to that gumbo, so that I don't have to.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 06:07 PM   #55
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
by J U

Funny gymnastics.

Most entertaining.

I'll try again like how you address certain members repeatedly to answer your questions asked while addressing them earlier:

Quote:
Quote:
by Bubba

I wonder will any of the above promote reconsideration of

Quote:
by JayUtah View Post

Pretty please to answer?
Old 24th September 2016, 06:13 PM   #56
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
by JayUtah View Post

"Everyone"? "Your critics'"? "they"? He was inquiring if a single member who is known for starting threads mocking clueless conspiracy theorists really has never heard about Ike's "creation", and this is a legitimate inquiry given the context.

I don't know why you feel addressed and inspired to "speak up" here, but I could imagine some reasons.

Old 24th September 2016, 06:16 PM   #57
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I want to go on record as thanking the intrepid posters here who actually opened the link and listened to that gumbo, so that I don't have to.

Why should you "have to"? To "debunk" it? None of the people who watched them even tried to, it's just far beyond that realm. I shared Mrs. Eisenhower's appearances not to mock her or to prove her wrong, but just for the love of the extraordinary, and agree with statements made by marplots and Fener Fan that they are jaw-dropping fascinating. Take it or leave it.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2016, 06:44 PM   #58
Bubba
Philosopher

It's a public forum. No one is "addressed."

example of one member being addressed:

Quote:
by JayUtah View Post

Is that a tongue in cheeky thingy?

Because of "One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency"

Quote:
All members are free to post.

Is that supposed to have something to do with supporting "No one is "addressed."
Old 24th September 2016, 11:04 PM   #59
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
If any talk needed slides and diagrams, her's did.
Maybe slides and diagrams explaining narcissistic personality disorder and its prevalence in the imbecile mind.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2016, 06:59 AM   #60
Bubba
Philosopher

Yeah, that's right. One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency, and you're falling all over yourself trying to make it sound like you're schooling everyone here about it.

Thats just plain counter intuitive. I was surprised to see a member not familiar with Ike's M.I.C. so I asked that member only about it (not "everyone").

Quote:
Three posts trying to cram the notion into your critics' mouths that they've never heard the concept before you told them. Instead of your point always being to try to belittle or entrap people here, try making it, you know, a point.
No. Only the one member. It is a contradiction in terms to say everyone because it is general knowledge, except apparently in the case of the one member because One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency

Quote:

Not so. Members address each other all the time. Compliments and insults are not directed to all in the room.

But if you actually mean literally what you wrote I will keep it in mind as good advice for future posting.
Old 25th September 2016, 07:27 AM   #61
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I would think a master of uninformed speculation should be able to figure it out.

Care to elaborate?
Where's the fun if the speculation is informed?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2016, 09:29 AM   #62
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

But if you actually mean literally what you wrote I will keep it in mind as good advice for future posting.
Four posts doing nothing more than flailing for attention. It's almost as if you're not here to talk about Eisenhower (either one) at all.
Old 25th September 2016, 11:28 AM   #63
Bubba
Philosopher

Four posts doing nothing more than flailing for attention. It's almost as if you're not here to talk about Eisenhower (either one) at all.

I dont think so. More like dismantling whatever this was supposed to be.

Quote:
Quote:
by JayUtah View Post

Still standing by it?
Old 25th September 2016, 11:59 AM   #64
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

The sooner this silly diversion ends, the better.

It does not matter who started it or who gets the last word - right now it's just bickering.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2016, 01:18 PM   #65
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
The sooner this silly diversion ends, the better.
Are you certain? Unlike the video in the OP this diversion is at least in English.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2016, 01:34 PM   #66
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

In the new video I thought there was one offensive part, when she bragged about having once turned beer into water.

Old 26th September 2016, 01:38 PM   #67
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

In the new video I thought there was one offensive part, when she bragged about having once turned beer into water.

Geez, that is some disturbing ****. Why would you even post a link to it?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2016, 07:56 PM   #68
carlitos
"más divertido"

My liver does that too.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:41 AM   #69
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
Quote:
Posted by Bubba View Post
So you did not know that Ike warned of dangers in a Military Industrial Complex, in his farewell ?

Quote:

Quote:
by bubba

Hence, I find the following assertions to be erroneous.

To wit...

Quote:
by Childlike Empress

In addition to all those 'you' words belying the "No one is addressed" comment,

That looks like a defensive end run attempting to cover for the mumbers oblivion re One of the most well-known phrases attached to the Eisenhower presidency

I cannot see how anyone could overlook that it was directed to one certain member, rather than all.

IIRC,,the issue was whether or not the member knew of Ike's MIC warning, not whether or not all members did.

Last edited by Bubba; 3rd October 2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:13 AM   #70
Bubba
Philosopher

In the new video I thought there was one offensive part, when she bragged
about having once turned beer into water.

The other way around would be worth real money.
Old 4th October 2016, 03:49 AM   #71
Border Reiver
Philosopher

The other way around would be worth real money.
I can turn water into beer.

I will require some grains, herbs and yeast as well, but it's not that challenging.
Old 4th October 2016, 03:51 AM   #72
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
I can turn water into beer.

I will require some grains, herbs and yeast as well, but it's not that challenging.
I've got a ton of creeping charlie in my back yard, if you'd like a medieval flavor to it.
Old 4th October 2016, 06:21 AM   #73
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I've got a ton of creeping charlie in my back yard, if you'd like a medieval flavor to it.
Thanks, but I prefer fresh spruce tips for my gruit. Although I have a solid recipe for one using heather, bog myrtle and yarrow.
Old 29th September 2017, 07:10 PM   #74
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Whisky & Cosmic Stories

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Doesn't feature any Eisenhowers, but still...

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 29th September 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 30th September 2017, 12:03 AM   #75
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I always knew Ike had a pair of nuts on him, I just didn't think one would turn out to be his great-grand daughter.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2018, 08:10 PM   #76
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Ready for another ride?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 14th January 2021, 01:16 AM   #77
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

So I was a bit bored and went to banned.video to see what AJ is up to these days and watched half an hour of him yelling at the guy with the horns we all saw sitting inside the capitol during that "storm" - the guy he referred to as "Q Shaman". What the guy was saying during the short time AJ was allowing him to speak was interesting enough to me to look up his video account that was shown at the end of the AJ segment. And what I found was bizarre enough to invite you to another high weirdness ride: Meet Captain America!

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 14th January 2021 at 01:21 AM.
Old 14th January 2021, 10:59 AM   #78
Hans
Philosopher

So I was a bit bored and went to banned.video to see what AJ is up to these days and watched half an hour of him yelling at the guy with the horns we all saw sitting inside the capitol during that "storm" - the guy he referred to as "Q Shaman". What the guy was saying during the short time AJ was allowing him to speak was interesting enough to me to look up his video account that was shown at the end of the AJ segment. And what I found was bizarre enough to invite you to another high weirdness ride: Meet Captain America!
Das kannst du deiner Oma erzählen

Well that was a bucket of crazy. Thanks
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2021, 12:29 PM   #79
MBDK
New Blood

Why should you "have to"? To "debunk" it? None of the people who watched them even tried to, it's just far beyond that realm. I shared Mrs. Eisenhower's appearances not to mock her or to prove her wrong, but just for the love of the extraordinary, and agree with statements made by marplots and Fener Fan that they are jaw-dropping fascinating. Take it or leave it.
I agree with bruto's sentiment, if I get it correctly. It's like being told there's been a train wreck with no survivors. That is information worth knowing, and some people would be fascinated enough to go on site to observe the carnage, whereas others are glad to be spared that actual experience.

I, on the other hand, did watch a few minutes, and was not impressed. In my opinion, just a poor deluded person trained/coached enough to regurgitate new-age psychobabble in grandiose, yet essentially meaningless, generalities that impress the easily manipulated. This is most obvious when she says, "you know", as she speaks of her most ethereal concepts, in order to reinforce her own ignis fatuus.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2021, 12:50 PM   #80
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
I agree with bruto's sentiment, if I get it correctly. It's like being told there's been a train wreck with no survivors. That is information worth knowing, and some people would be fascinated enough to go on site to observe the carnage, whereas others are glad to be spared that actual experience.

I, on the other hand, did watch a few minutes, and was not impressed. In my opinion, just a poor deluded person trained/coached enough to regurgitate new-age psychobabble in grandiose, yet essentially meaningless, generalities that impress the easily manipulated. This is most obvious when she says, "you know", as she speaks of her most ethereal concepts, in order to reinforce her own ignis fatuus.

The answer is already in my quoted post: Take it or leave it.

In this thread I share material that I find fascinating from a point of love for the extraordinary. The point is not to "debunk", mock, promote or any other judgement at all.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories