IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags arnold schwarzenegger

Old 19th December 2004, 02:28 AM   #1
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Schwarzenegger wants GOP to lean left.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

"I would like people to remember me as someone who raised standards, wherever I got involved,........ -- I want to do things that no one believed possible. I would like to bring people together as governor."

He did not mention trying to make gun possession a crime in the state of California. I guess he is not too proud of that. Good luck bringing people together Arnold. The problem with these RINO's is that they won't get out of the closet and show their true liberal colors.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2004, 03:31 AM   #2
Zep
Banned

What's your problem? I mean REALLY, what's your problem?
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2004, 04:05 AM   #3
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Hahahahaha. Absurd gun control is just one of the things that burns my butt. Just like a flame one meter high.

But seriously, has the government down there ever tried to deprive you of your property unjustly? This is where California and other parts of the USA are heading.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2004, 05:03 AM   #4
Zep
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ranb
Hahahahaha. Absurd gun control is just one of the things that burns my butt. Just like a flame one meter high.

But seriously, has the government down there ever tried to deprive you of your property unjustly? This is where California and other parts of the USA are heading.

Ranb
Well you might feel that you won't be able to sit down here for the daiper-rash, but you are so far out of touch with reality in the rest of the world that I just have to laugh until it hurt. What the heck is this: "deprive you of your property unjustly"? Have you NO idea how the rest of the world, nay, your own country lives?

But OK, let's be fair. Yes, our government HAS deprived us of our liberty. Our suck-arse pro-Bush leader has allied us with the ill-advised and poorly executed US occupation of Iraq, and we as a nation will ultimately live to regret this investment of limited manpower, resources and finance in this woebegotten project. As such, it has deprived us of our standing in the global and regional community as a fair and even-handed nation bent on advancing communal prosperity. Instead, we are now seen as biased and blinkered beligerents, bent on apocalyptic religious warfare...just like our US "allies".

Guess how much I like that "improvement", and what it means for my child...
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2004, 07:50 AM   #5
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Originally posted by Zep
Well you might feel that you won't be able to sit down here for the daiper-rash, but you are so far out of touch with reality in the rest of the world that I just have to laugh until it hurt. What the heck is this: "deprive you of your property unjustly"? Have you NO idea how the rest of the world, nay, your own country lives?
I do not live under a rock. I have a beef with the way certain politicians are running things.

Quote:
[i]But OK, let's be fair. Yes, our government HAS deprived us of our liberty. Our suck-arse pro-Bush leader has allied us with the ill-advised and poorly executed US occupation of Iraq, and we as a nation will ultimately live to regret this investment of limited manpower, resources and finance in this woebegotten project. As such, it has deprived us of our standing in the global and regional community as a fair and even-handed nation bent on advancing communal prosperity. Instead, we are now seen as biased and blinkered beligerents, bent on apocalyptic religious warfare...just like our US "allies"........[/b]
Well no sh-t, I hate the way Bush has screwed things up too. Just because I am an American, it does not mean I support Bush policies. At least you have a pro-Bush leader instead of Bush himself.

BTW, my opinions of Aussies have not changed much in the last 18 years since I last visited. Australians all are still an OK bunch in my eyes, even if they do run off at the mouth more than is required.

Ranb

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics