IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags arnold schwarzenegger

Old 18th August 2008, 02:17 PM   #1
abenja1
Muse

Remember when the CTers said Arnold Schwarzenegge was going to be the next President?

Whatever happened to that paranoic theory?

JihadJane actually thinks its okay for truthers to call for the murder of people they disagree with.
911-Investigator believes that Jews should have no rights of any kind, even those dictated by the Constitution.
abenja1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2008, 02:35 PM   #2
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

it went the way of sylvia browns prediction that clinton would be reelected to a 3rd term in 2000
Old 18th August 2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

His most recent movies finally came to cable and everyone realized how unelectable he would be outside of the crappy state responsible for them.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Jontg
The Bear Skeptic

It went the same place that predictions of the Y2K apocalypse, a Bush dictatorship, and most recently all manner of horrible things on 8/8/08: down the memory hole, never to be spoken of again lest the woo have to admit it was wrong.
Jontg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2008, 11:49 PM   #5
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
His most recent movies finally came to cable and everyone realized how unelectable he would be outside of the crappy state responsible for them.
Hey, we might self centered, spoiled, naive, wimpy neo-liberals but...................oh.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2008, 10:06 AM   #6
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
Hey don't blame us in Northren California; it those Hollywood types down South that are responisble.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2008, 10:44 AM   #7
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Hey don't blame us in Northren California; it those Hollywood types down South that are responisble.

Agreed. NorCal rocks!
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2008, 01:19 PM   #8
TheDaver
hairy farting brute

Do these idiots even have a clue what they’re talking about?

Seriously… two consecutive term limit, anybody? President has to be a BORN American?

Oh, forget what I’m saying. I’m just a silly Canadian who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Last edited by TheDaver; 19th August 2008 at 01:20 PM.
TheDaver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2008, 02:17 PM   #9
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by TheDaver View Post
Do these idiots even have a clue what they’re talking about?

Seriously… two consecutive term limit, anybody? President has to be a BORN American?

Oh, forget what I’m saying. I’m just a silly Canadian who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
its not just 2 consecutive terms, its 2 terms period.

sylvia brown said they were goign to change the law to allow it (which i think would be a constitutional amendment)

but no, im sure most dont have a clue what they are talking about (or at the very least dont think before speaking) in the case of brown she probably said the incumbant would be re-elected because in many cases thats a safe bet, without realizing he was in his second term already
Old 19th August 2008, 03:00 PM   #10
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
its not just 2 consecutive terms, its 2 terms period.

sylvia brown said they were goign to change the law to allow it (which i think would be a constitutional amendment)
Exactly right. The requirement that the President be a natural-born citizen is in Article II Section 1 of the Constitution:

Quote:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President;
The two-term limit was enacted by an amendment to the Constitution, Amendment XXII, in 1951.

To remove either of these could only be done with another amendment, a process which was designed to be difficult. Amendments aimed at repealing Presidential term limits and at permitting naturalized citizens to be President were introduced in Congress in 2005 and 2004, but they never made it out of Congress.
Old 25th August 2008, 01:33 AM   #11
Gazpacho
Master Poster

The only conspiracy theories I heard about Arnold came from the LaRouche crowd.

Don't ask me for details, because they weren't coherent enough to remember. Hjalmar Schacht was probably involved somehow.
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2008, 02:29 AM   #12
erlando
Graduate Poster

McCain is Schwarzenegger in disguise.. Just like those lizardpeople. Just wait and see..

Old 26th August 2008, 01:01 PM   #13
Spud1k
+5 Goatee of Pedantry

Originally Posted by abenja1 View Post
Whatever happened to that paranoic theory?
Someone will no doubt claim that the reason it never happened because they cottoned on to it in time and exposed it so then the NWO wouldn't dare do it any more. The world has been saved by a fruitloop yet again.

"Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error" - Thomas Jefferson
Spud1k is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2008, 04:28 PM   #14
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

Actually, IIRC, the film "Demolition Man" mentioned "President Schwarzennegger". When Character One called the other Character on this impossibility, the other Character did mention an amendment to the Constitution.
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2008, 01:47 PM   #15
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

I recall one conspiraloon on Myspace Forums about a year ago or so, claiming with absolute certainty that "Hillary Klinton" [sic] was going to be the next President, and calling everyone who didn't believe him "brainwashed sheeple" or something to that effect.

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Jimbo07
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Comsat Angel View Post
Actually, IIRC, the film "Demolition Man" mentioned "President Schwarzennegger". When Character One called the other Character on this impossibility, the other Character did mention an amendment to the Constitution.
I thought that was rather prescient, given that he subsequently became a governor!

Atoms in supernova explosion get huge business -- Pixie of key
Jimbo07 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2008, 01:53 PM   #17
Jimbo07
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
"Hillary Klinton" [sic]
Anyone remember Kang and Kodos from the Simpsons?

"I am Clin-ton..."

Atoms in supernova explosion get huge business -- Pixie of key
Jimbo07 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2008, 02:17 PM   #18
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Jimbo07 View Post
Anyone remember Kang and Kodos from the Simpsons?

"I am Clin-ton..."

Old 29th August 2008, 05:24 AM   #19
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

From what I've heard, Arnold may not make it to the RNC due to California's budget not being passed yet.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories