IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags newsletter , michael moore

Old 22nd December 2003, 01:07 AM   #41
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Troll
And some are like Zero who want to get in get the bennies and get out.
What bennies? The 11 pieces of metal in my leg?!?LOL, don't presume to judge me or my service, I served honorably, which is more than we can say about alot of folks.

Besides that little bit, I can mostly agree with your post, but nevertheless it is important to hear more than one viewpoint, and certainly it is never a bad thing to know what people who disagree with you are thinking.
Zero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 01:13 AM   #42
Troll

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero
What bennies? The 11 pieces of metal in my leg?!?LOL, don't presume to judge me or my service, I served honorably, which is more than we can say about alot of folks.

Besides that little bit, I can mostly agree with your post, but nevertheless it is important to hear more than one viewpoint, and certainly it is never a bad thing to know what people who disagree with you are thinking.

And how did you get the metal in your leg? Was it a factor in your discharge? Did you take the GI Bill? Did you intend to stay in longer than one enlistment? Other than a Good Conduct medal, what others did you earn?
Troll is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 01:18 AM   #43
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

And how did you get the metal in your leg? Was it a factor in your discharge? Did you take the GI Bill? Did you intend to stay in longer than one enlistment? Other than a Good Conduct medal, what others did you earn?
Dude, you missed my NAM...and I really don't think this thread should be about my military service. If it is, I'd rather talk about this nation's fine strip clubs, and how they treat our troops...
Zero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:02 AM   #44
Luke T.

Quote:

I agree with the absolute necessity to hear an alternative viewpoint, and I appreciate everything you have to say. I think the disagreement here is with Mr. Moore and his well-established pattern of deception. These letters just seem to be another one in a series of deceptions. Sure, he got letters from unhappy military men, but they in no way represent anything more than a tiny fraction of the military.

I do not doubt your military service or your patriotism.

As for the strip clubs, just remember, there's no sex in the champagne room!!!
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:21 AM   #45
rikzilla
Ninja wave: Atomic fire-breath ninja

Quote:
In other words, you DO want to see my medals?!?
No,

I want you to tell me what your "artillery" MOS was. Then you could give your last two duty stations...you know, company/battalion APO and so on....(Surely you remember??)
Then you could tell us about the last two training events you participated in prior to ETS...along with PCS and ETS dates (if you happen to have any idea what those are)

-z
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:32 AM   #46
Luke T.

Quote:
Originally posted by rikzilla

No,

I want you to tell me what your "artillery" MOS was. Then you could give your last two duty stations...you know, company/battalion APO and so on....(Surely you remember??)
Then you could tell us about the last two training events you participated in prior to ETS...along with PCS and ETS dates (if you happen to have any idea what those are)

-z
I don't know when Zero got out, but I've only been retired for three years, and already I can't remember all of my NEC numbers. I can remember all of my duty stations and PCS dates and so on, though.
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:35 AM   #47
rikzilla

Back on topic....

The only troops that are ever going to write a letter to such a person as MM will usually have negative things to say about Bush and the military mission in Iraq. Even if he got letters telling him what a piece of crap he is I doubt he'd share those with us. Therefore Shemp's posting of this nonsense is merely another episode of data mining.

-z

(BTW,...I don't believe Zero. If he has "11 pieces of metal" in his leg, then how did that happen? Sounds like it would be a great story?? Also, one would think he'd have listed the purple heart among his few medals.)
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:38 AM   #48
rikzilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke T.

I don't know when Zero got out, but I've only been retired for three years, and already I can't remember all of my NEC numbers. I can remember all of my duty stations and PCS dates and so on, though.
I ETS'd on July 14th 1981...and I still remember both my primary and secondary MOS nbrs. Zeros a poseur...trust me. My S detector is buzzing.

-z
Old 22nd December 2003, 11:39 AM   #49
Ralph
Muse

Quote:

I ETS'd on July 14th 1981...and I still remember both my primary and secondary MOS nbrs. Zeros a poseur...trust me. My S detector is buzzing.

-z
Speaking of "S" detectors going off....in another thread Zero argues that a non US - UN military force could've kicked the living crap out of the Iraquis.

He then goes on to argue AGAINST the US having command of an invasion force..and then goes on to imply that the US must have "less than noble goals for wanting to control the invasion points".

Does this sound like a US marine talking????????

Would a marine going into a well defended urban environment---defended with dug in troops, tanks, and possibly even nerve gas.....argue that rather than be under the command of his own officers.......he'd prefer a motley crew of unknowns--some of whom may not even speak his language-----simply because it's the PC thing to do??????

I think the majority of US troops recognize MM for what he is........an over-fed publicity whore who's doing them far more harm then good.

I think HE should visit the troops over there. I wonder what kind of reception he'd get.
Ralph is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 12:35 PM   #50
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

No,

-z
Would you like my SSN and my credit card numbers too?!? LOL

BTW, in arty, the unit is 'battery', not 'company'.
Old 22nd December 2003, 12:40 PM   #51
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

(BTW,...I don't believe Zero. If he has "11 pieces of metal" in his leg, then how did that happen? Sounds like it would be a great story?? Also, one would think he'd have listed the purple heart among his few medals.)
Actually, it isn't any sort of exciting story at all...we were on the OP just off Sicily drop zone at Ft. Bragg, and while we were packing out I got my foot caught in some gear and broke my leg in two places...

Now, anyone who served with me will know exactly who I am, and if I were lying, wouldn't I have a better story than that?
Old 22nd December 2003, 04:45 PM   #52
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:
Actually, it isn't any sort of exciting story at all...we were on the OP just off Sicily drop zone at Ft. Bragg, and while we were packing out I got my foot caught in some gear and broke my leg in two places...
So surgical pins, not shrapnel as one would be led to believe by your generalized use of "metal." True to form so far.

By the way, there would be no such need for 11 reconstructive pins for a compound fracture unless the leg was shattered. As a "veteran" of multiple knee operations, the pins story is even more outlandish than the idea of shrapnel.

But in any event, you never served during combat operations? Funny, but several who have - look to Rik and Luke for examples - seem to disagree with your assessment of the average soldier's opinions.

Quote:
Now, anyone who served with me will know exactly who I am, and if I were lying, wouldn't I have a better story than that?
Unless this was a poor attempt at a double bluff, which I believe it is. Perhaps you could offer a reference. Is your old scoutmaster available?
Jocko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 05:00 PM   #53
Mr Manifesto
Illuminator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jocko
[b]

So surgical pins, not shrapnel as one would be led to believe by your generalized use of "metal." True to form so far.

By the way, there would be no such need for 11 reconstructive pins for a compound fracture unless the leg was shattered. As a "veteran" of multiple knee operations, the pins story is even more outlandish than the idea of shrapnel.

But in any event, you never served during combat operations? Funny, but several who have - look to Rik and Luke for examples - seem to disagree with your assessment of the average soldier's opinions.

Unless this was a poor attempt at a double bluff, which I believe it is. Perhaps you could offer a reference. Is your old scoutmaster available?
What do you do for a living, Jocko?
Mr Manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 07:48 PM   #54
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Manifesto

What do you do for a living, Jocko?
Relevance? Since I'm long out of college and not hip to the current political trend du jour, I doubt we have much to discuss conversationally.
Jocko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:14 PM   #55
Mr Manifesto
Illuminator

Quote:

Relevance? Since I'm long out of college and not hip to the current political trend du jour, I doubt we have much to discuss conversationally.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks. What college are you going to? What're you studying?
Mr Manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:23 PM   #56
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. What college are you going to? What're you studying?
I know you're a slow study when it comes to direct answers to direct questions - most of your political stripe are - but let me summarize.

Not a lady.
Not a college student, but completed college many years ago. You may have been tipped off to this fact when I mentioned I was years beyond college (a place you can only dream of).
I studied English Literature, Creative Writing, Latin and Theatre. I took my degree in Lit/Writing.
I'm old enough to remember what a washout Carter was.

And one thing I never, never do is protest too much. I leave that to the kiddies in the classroom, who are unencumbered by such distractions as... oh, say, reality.

Again, please explain what relevance this could possibly have? I'm afraid I'm not in the market for a new web pal.
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:31 PM   #57
Mr Manifesto
Illuminator

Quote:

I know you're a slow study when it comes to direct answers to direct questions - most of your political stripe are - but let me summarize.

Not a lady.
Not a college student, but completed college many years ago. You may have been tipped off to this fact when I mentioned I was years beyond college (a place you can only dream of).
I studied English Literature, Creative Writing, Latin and Theatre. I took my degree in Lit/Writing.
I'm old enough to remember what a washout Carter was.

And one thing I never, never do is protest too much. I leave that to the kiddies in the classroom, who are unencumbered by such distractions as... oh, say, reality.

Again, please explain what relevance this could possibly have? I'm afraid I'm not in the market for a new web pal.
Wow, another n00b pretending to be a "Carter era" vet. Everything you know about Carter, you got off a moderate right-wing web site. Unless you can tell us what some of your essays were titled with a brief synopsis?
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:34 PM   #58
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:

Wow, another n00b pretending to be a "Carter era" vet. Everything you know about Carter, you got off a moderate right-wing web site. Unless you can tell us what some of your essays were titled with a brief synopsis?
Your choice of "n00b" perfectly demonstrates why someone like me has no personal interest in someone like you. And if you're going to try to goad me into giving up something, you're going to have to be a little less transparent, son.

Amazing, how you seem to know everything about me. Never fear, I thought I knew everything when I was your age too. The real world will cure you of that soon enough.

Edited to add: A quick look confirms that I've been here for two years, as opposed to your 9 months. While you may have racked up a billion posts since then, you have yet to make a single point.... n00b.
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:42 PM   #59
The Fool
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:

well jocko old son...you are typing in English so your English qualifications (if they are true) are relevant..... I personally don't see how any opinion you could have that is typed in english can be taken seriously when there is so much doubt about your college experience...

Also I doubt If rik has ever been a Major General....oops, hang on, he has never claimed that, sorry rik.

Luke may have been in the Navy and I may be the queen of Sheeba. Shemp is definitely an Ex CIA agent and probably trans-sexual. Manifesto is actually 5 years old and has to sit on His sisters Knee to reach the keyboard........

Have I missed anything else as important as Zero's military record??

Lose half your IQ....Ask me how.
The Fool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:45 PM   #60
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fool

Have I missed anything else as important as Zero's military record??
When you claim it as the basis for an almost clairvoyant ability to judge the mindset of the average soldier, then yes, it is relevant, particularly when it is stacked against so many contrary (and frankly, more credible) assessments.

Why would you feel so threatened by that? I know Mr. M is simply trolling for trouble - so sue me if I make him work for it.
Old 22nd December 2003, 09:18 PM   #61
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke T.
It has always been a complaint, during war or peace, among military people that they don't have enough equipment. Even during the glory days of the buildup under Reagan, we occasionally found ourselves buying parts at Radio Shack out of our own pockets.
Hey even people like me who were (at the time) dependants can remember Graham-Rudmann and it's effect on military budgets.

Did you notice how the ubiquitus black government ballpoints grew scarcer and scarcer as September approached?
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 09:58 PM   #62
Luke T.

Quote:
Originally posted by UnrepentantSinner

Hey even people like me who were (at the time) dependants can remember Graham-Rudmann and it's effect on military budgets.

Did you notice how the ubiquitus black government ballpoints grew scarcer and scarcer as September approached?
Only around the office.
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:17 PM   #63
Troll

Quote:

Do you need one? I got out in 1994 and recently discovered I have like 10 working ones around the house. It wasn't theft. I just kept leaving the one I had in my other set of cammies.
Troll is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:43 PM   #64
Jocko
Philosopher

I see Mr. Manifesto has crawled back under his rock after tossing the obligatory daily grenade. Why is he always surprised when the target throws it back at him? I mean, it happens all the time. I thought these college kids were supposed to be smart. Ah well, I guess they can't all be winners.

Oh, those crazy kids. Remember when you were that age?
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:49 PM   #65
Troll

Quote:
I see Mr. Manifesto has crawled back under his rock after tossing the obligatory daily grenade. Why is he always surprised when the target throws it back at him? I mean, it happens all the time. I thought these college kids were supposed to be smart. Ah well, I guess they can't all be winners.

Oh, those crazy kids. Remember when you were that age?
I do remember when I was that age. I was throwing real grenades and hanging out with about 185,000 other guys that would say Moore, Manifesto and AUP were actually the mindless drones being led by lies they would like to claim we were.
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:56 PM   #66
The Fool
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:

I do remember when I was that age. I was throwing real grenades and hanging out with about 185,000 other guys that would say Moore, Manifesto and AUP were actually the mindless drones being led by lies they would like to claim we were.
Carefull Troll, If you say too much Rikzilla will pop in here to cross examine you about your claims of military service... Or was it the Borg you served with? You seem to indicate that they all shared the one mind.

Lose half your IQ....Ask me how.
The Fool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2003, 10:59 PM   #67
Jocko
Philosopher

Quote:

Carefull Troll, If you say too much Rikzilla will pop in here to cross examine you about your claims of military service... Or was it the Borg you served with? You seem to indicate that they all shared the one mind.
Uh, he mentioned his service in support of an opinion, not as the basis of an assertion of fact like Zero did. Therein lies the critical difference.

As to me, let me just tell you that I've served in the elite corps of the Salvation Army. Yeah, you heard me right, nancy-boy. Those sissies in the marines and army rangers have nothing on me.

Yeah, it's left some scars. Deep scars. I can still hear the bells.

Edited to add: For the humor-impaired (like Mr. Manifesto), that's what we call a joke. I figured I'd better cover my bases before you took off and ran with it as you're so prone to do.
Old 22nd December 2003, 11:18 PM   #68
Troll

Quote:

Well I'm not one of those little paranoid people. I'd block out the social security number, because I'm not a moron either, but I'd gladly post my DD-214 and whatever anyone else that doubts me feel they may need.

Never said they all shared the same mind. You seem to read what you want in a post, which explains your failings with Skeptic. I said "about 185,000.
Old 23rd December 2003, 12:43 AM   #69
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

When you claim it as the basis for an almost clairvoyant ability to judge the mindset of the average soldier, then yes, it is relevant, particularly when it is stacked against so many contrary (and frankly, more credible) assessments.

Why would you feel so threatened by that? I know Mr. M is simply trolling for trouble - so sue me if I make him work for it.
That's odd, I only claimed that I heard more than one viewpoint when I was in. Some people apparently think that the military is like Rush Limbaugh's dittoheads, and only have one opinion. I even said that the viewpoints Moore was showing were a minority one, so where's your beef?
Old 23rd December 2003, 12:46 AM   #70
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:
[b]

Actually, it was a plate, 6 screws, 2 pins, and two staples.

And, look, since you don't know how to read what I post, stop responding to it. When did I say that the opinions stated were the 'average soldier's'? Nowhere, especially since I was defending those opinions as a valid MINORITY viewpoint.
Old 23rd December 2003, 12:48 AM   #71
Zero
Graduate Poster

Anyhoo, I'm waiting for INTERESTING questions about my service, or I'd prefer to let the whole thing drop...

You know, the stuff that interests the average Marine, like how much those 30-packs of Coors Extra Gold were on base, or which "dancer" was my favorite at Ft. Sill....($10.99, and Maggie with the 'million dollar a$$')
Old 23rd December 2003, 02:36 AM   #72
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Anyhoo, I'm waiting for INTERESTING questions about my service, or I'd prefer to let the whole thing drop...

You know, the stuff that interests the average Marine, like how much those 30-packs of Coors Extra Gold were on base, or which "dancer" was my favorite at Ft. Sill....($10.99, and Maggie with the 'million dollar a$$')
That clinches it for me. You knew Jarheads get their artillery training at Ft. Sill. A poseur would have said Quantico or 29 Palms or something.

Couple more tests to make absolutely sure though. Please define the first two and explain the third.

Ogive
Polaris-Cochab
101 or 119
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2003, 02:46 AM   #73
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

That clinches it for me. You knew Jarheads get their artillery training at Ft. Sill. A poseur would have said Quantico or 29 Palms or something.

Couple more tests to make absolutely sure though. Please define the first two and explain the third.

Ogive
Polaris-Cochab
101 or 119
Ummm....the first one I'm at a loss for, Polaris-Cochab is familiar, something about land nav, I think?

Dude, I was FDC and Survey most of the time...and I learned the IFSAS by rote...so I could probably alt-A, alt N you though a fire mission, or lay some guns(with a T2-E, not an aiming circle, only the batteries used crappy old aiming circles), MP-HOB registrations maybe, but that's about it...mostly, I remember drilling in SEAD missions and trying to bracket targets...

BTW, I was at Ft. Sill TWICE....jeez, that place sucks!!
Old 23rd December 2003, 02:51 AM   #74
Zero
Graduate Poster

Oh, and ummm...101 and 119 are howitzers? If they are, they must be 105mm howitzers, because we used 155mm exclusively. Darned Army has all sorts of neat stuff the Marines never get!!
Old 23rd December 2003, 03:02 AM   #75
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Oh, and ummm...101 and 119 are howitzers? If they are, they must be 105mm howitzers, because we used 155mm exclusively. Darned Army has all sorts of neat stuff the Marines never get!!
The must have fully fazed out the old M-101 105mm by the time you went through. They sucked for gunnery because the declination was only 3200 mils or something like that. They even had blast shields them.

I trained on the 102 for my 105mm for gunnery. And they were just introducing the M-119 and Paladin and what would be come Cusader was still referred to as AFAS. On the obselencance side, the Guard unit I was going to was 8in. I sent about 20 of those down range during gunnery. I was supposed to do MLRS school, but never got the chance as I blew out my back during the last few weeks of OBC and was medically retired a few months after completing it and like 2 drills with my NG unit.

FAOBC was cool though as I got experience in gunnery, Fire Support and Fire Direction.

Ogive btw is where the fuse screws into the shell (technically to ogive ring) and Polaris-Kochab is a night time surveying method (again, probably obsolete in these days of GPS).
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.
Old 23rd December 2003, 03:10 AM   #76
Zero
Graduate Poster

Quote:

The must have fully fazed out the old M-101 105mm by the time you went through. They sucked for gunnery because the declination was only 3200 mils or something like that. They even had blast shields them.

I trained on the 102 for my 105mm for gunnery. And they were just introducing the M-119 and Paladin and what would be come Cusader was still referred to as AFAS. On the obselencance side, the Guard unit I was going to was 8in. I sent about 20 of those down range during gunnery. I was supposed to do MLRS school, but never got the chance as I blew out my back during the last few weeks of OBC and was medically retired a few months after completing it and like 2 drills with my NG unit.

FAOBC was cool though as I got experience in gunnery, Fire Support and Fire Direction.

Ogive btw is where the fuse screws into the shell (technically to ogive ring) and Polaris-Kochab is a night time surveying method (again, probably obsolete in these days of GPS).
Yeah, well...when I went through, mostly what I remember about the guns was wondering why they would use bags of cordite(?) with numbers on them to propel the round, in the late 20th century...and laughing when the gun bunnies tried to do a 'hasty shift' of the guns by picking up the trails and moving the gun around by brute force!!!

LOL, and I was always weak in night survey, with the PADS and all, and the warrant officer being too lazy to go outside at night...

You ever had to fill out one of the DA 4446 books, the little brown ones that would couldn't erase in, and you had to void the whole page if you made too many mistakes? My handwriting is STILL tiny from those!
Old 23rd December 2003, 03:26 AM   #77
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

As someone who was in FDC you must appreciate how simple the firing process is compared to how truly difficult it would be using firing tables (and worse yet log books) to adjust simply with elevation and declination if there was just one poweder bag to fit all. That's not to say it's easy... just a hell of a lot more simple than it could be.

The gunnery was fun. I enjoyed firing the 105mm for most of our practice and and of course the 8 inch. The only guys I felt really sorry for were those using the M-198. Man what a pain the a** that must be to work on the crew. I also got to fire a 107mm mortar during a familiarization day with the Mech pukes.

Fire Direction was interesting because it challenged you mentally and you really got into the science of artillery. Fire Support was fun because we got to blow s*** up and it's more of the art of artillery.

Did you ever get to see a combined arms demonstration with a million dollar minute? The one they put on for us started with an old Civil War bronze cannon, then a French 75, introduced the M-119 and M--109A6 Paladin then progressed to the Mil$minute. We had tanks, tube artillery, Apaches, MLRS and even a B-1 out of Dyess flying around. It was amazing.

I forget most of the forms we had to fill out but I do remember how persnickerty we had to be with filling them out correctly. Nothing ends an officers career faster than a gun exploding and killing 5 people.

Did you do the old fashioned plotting boards, slide rules and log books or did they finally get rid of that stuff?
Old 23rd December 2003, 03:41 AM   #78
Graham
Graduate Poster

What's a million dollar minute?

Graham
Graham is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2003, 04:30 AM   #79
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
What's a million dollar minute?

Graham
It's when all the weapons systems fire at about the same time expending "a million dollars" in ordenance in about a minute. I was able to find a Geocites page that Google showed has photos of an example, unfortunately the page was dead.
Old 23rd December 2003, 05:53 AM   #80
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

The Fool wrote:

Quote:
Shemp is definitely an Ex CIA agent and probably trans-sexual.
The latter is definitely untrue. I just like to dress up now and then.

As for the former, the helicopters are on their way. For your own good, please stay where you are and do not resist.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics