IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags arnold schwarzenegger , sex scandals

Old 17th May 2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Baylor
Philosopher

Arnold Schwarzenegger had a lovechild with former staffer

Looks like the Governator was the sexual predator we all thought he was.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/17/cal...pt=P1&iref=NS1
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:29 PM   #2
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder why he didn't terminate the pregnancy?

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by UNLoVedRebel View Post
Looks like the Governator was the sexual predator we all thought he was.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/17/cal...pt=P1&iref=NS1

Not that I'm terribly impressed with Schwarzeneggers personal failings, or his ineffectual leadership as governor, but since when does having an affair make one a full-on "sexual predator"?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Not that I'm terribly impressed with Schwarzeneggers personal failings, or his ineffectual leadership as governor, but since when does having an affair make one a full-on "sexual predator"?
He was accused of being a sexual deviant when he ran for governor in 2003. It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to those allegations.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Either it was a joke about the movie title or Arnie is being given a raw deal.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:44 PM   #6
EGarrett
Illuminator

Here he is:

http://www.tugagym.info/imagens/Disc...termin1sp3.jpg

Last edited by EGarrett; 17th May 2011 at 04:15 PM.
EGarrett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

I wonder why this was revealed now.....
Old 17th May 2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Scootch
Muse

IT'S NOT A TUMOR!

(That is all i got)
Scootch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 03:22 PM   #9
BowlOfRed
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
I wonder why this was revealed now.....
A few days ago it was announced that he and his wife (Maria Shriver) were separating. Perhaps "revealed" isn't the correct term.
BowlOfRed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 03:26 PM   #10
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by bowlofred View Post
A few days ago it was announced that he and his wife (Maria Shriver) were separating. Perhaps "revealed" isn't the correct term.
Yes, but this encounter happened more then 10 years ago. I believe Maria found out about it recently and that prompted her leaving him. Why did it come out now? Was someone ready to talk? I guess we'll have to wait a weak until a tabloid finds the "household employee", pays her $50k and we get her side of the story.
Old 17th May 2011, 04:36 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He can forget about a 2012 run for Feinstein's senate seat, which was the rumor.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 05:51 PM   #12
Dorian Gray
Hypocrisy Detector

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
I wonder why he didn't terminate the pregnancy?
Maybe he was hoping for twins?
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 05:52 PM   #13
desertgal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
Yes, but this encounter happened more then 10 years ago. I believe Maria found out about it recently and that prompted her leaving him. Why did it come out now?
You answered your own question: It came out now because Maria left him. The tabloids whipped out their checkbooks to find out why.

Quote:
Was someone ready to talk?
Well...someone was ready to get paid to talk anyway.

Quote:
I guess we'll have to wait a weak until a tabloid finds the "household employee", pays her $50k and we get her side of the story.
Bet she doesn't say anything. a) she's got a kid to protect, and b) why would she care about $50k when, clearly, Arnie takes care of her and her son? I doubt she's wanting for anything.

Pretty shoddy, Arnold.
Old 17th May 2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Mister Earl
Illuminator

I'm surprised that's all there was. I mean, for matters of infidelity and drug use, famous actor and politician are the two highest culprits, I would think. Combining them? You'd think he'd secretly married fifteen other men and women and had his own coke muling operation. One child out of wedlock is a minor thing in comparison.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 05:57 PM   #15
Pardalis
Banned

I just hope the child won't get his name.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 06:34 PM   #16
Bilbo
Banned

Bilbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 07:22 PM   #17
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
He can forget about a 2012 run for Feinstein's senate seat, which was the rumor.
Why? Did he do something wrong?

The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 07:31 PM   #18
keale
Muse

TMZ is now reporting that Ahnold had a private office in Santa Monica where "many women" were seen entering this place at all hours of the night. According to the report the office had several bedrooms. LOL!
keale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 07:43 PM   #19
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

I assumed they stayed together to forward his political career. No that this news comes out, I took it to mean that he was hanging up his further ambitions. Term-limin-inating them?
Old 17th May 2011, 07:58 PM   #20
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

He was once the Terminator, he is now the Germinator, Part V.

(Don't he and Maria have a couple of kids?)

EDIT: corrected thanks to tyr_13. Appreciated.
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis

Last edited by Darth Rotor; 17th May 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 08:06 PM   #21
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
He was once the Terminator, he is now the Germinator, Part III.

(Don't he and Maria have a couple of kids?)
Four
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 08:42 PM   #22
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by keale View Post
TMZ is now reporting that Ahnold had a private office in Santa Monica where "many women" were seen entering this place at all hours of the night. According to the report the office had several bedrooms. LOL!
Is that uncommon?

Old 17th May 2011, 09:07 PM   #23
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Senators have never had affairs?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 09:32 PM   #24
cambion
Critical Thinker

To **** your housekeepers, see them driven before you, and to induce the insemination of their women.
cambion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2011, 09:39 PM   #25
qayak
Penultimate Amazing

Breaking news! Picture of the love child available here:

Is all your life will ever be."
qayak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 12:04 AM   #26
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Can't claim credit for it, but I liked this take:
"So Schwarzenegger turns out to be a true member of the Kennedy clan."
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 08:38 AM   #27
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Can't claim credit for it, but I liked this take:
"So Schwarzenegger turns out to be a true member of the Kennedy clan."
Oh, dear, the lady died?
Old 18th May 2011, 12:49 PM   #28
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Oh, dear, the lady died?
That's unfair. They don't all drown.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 12:57 PM   #29
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
That's unfair. They don't all drown.
True, some are 16-year-olds or [allegedly] raped.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 01:27 PM   #30
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

IT'S NOT A RUMOR!

(that is all i got)
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 05:57 PM   #31
Captain.Sassy
Master Poster

Hey
So here's my issue with the whole thing

1) no biggie

except

2) The woman was 'outed' by this whole thing. What I heard, she told her current spouse/partner that the kid was his and they had been living according to that for a decade now. Ten years is plenty of time for the guy who was involved with the woman to become a real father figure to that kid.

Now her whole family is exploded cause some rich dinkuses couldn't act with some tact about the whole thing.

Poor woman, man and kid. For all we know the nameless housekeeper's partner was a great dad and a family man. pffft. out the window now.

friggin when the hell did society forget about the rules of having mistresses?

They (the dinkuses) should have just said 'we got in a real bad fight about X' and let that be it.

good grief.

As luck would have it,
people.
Captain.Sassy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 07:56 PM   #32
Whiplash

I have lost a considerable amount of respect for old Arnie in this.

One thing I'm sick of, whenever these kinds of stories come up, is the people who will bend over backwards to point out how it's part of man's nature, or biology.. and basically make excuses and rationales for why it's understandable or forgivable.

But I disagree, because there are legions of men who face the same temptations as anyone else, and do NOT act on them. It is clearly possible to do so. It clearly will not kill you to fight those urges.

The line is crossed when you give into those urges, and convince yourself you aren't doing anything wrong.. and indeed may even be a simple victim to your own biology or DNA.

There are so many men and women in this world who do not act on such temptations. Who take their vows to others seriously. It's obviously quite feasible to act in such a manner.. So I have no patience for those who give in to such desires. They are rationalizing, selfish scum. They destroy families, and lives. And for what? A different woman than the one they'd already been with? They are all the same, downstairs, if you know what I mean guys. You aren't missing anything by not having as many of them in one lifetime as you can get. There's not some kind of magic genitals out there that you may miss out on.

Last edited by Whiplash; 18th May 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 08:17 PM   #33
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain.Sassy View Post
Hey
So here's my issue with the whole thing

1) no biggie

except

2) The woman was 'outed' by this whole thing. What I heard, she told her current spouse/partner that the kid was his and they had been living according to that for a decade now. Ten years is plenty of time for the guy who was involved with the woman to become a real father figure to that kid.

Now her whole family is exploded cause some rich dinkuses couldn't act with some tact about the whole thing.

Poor woman, man and kid. For all we know the nameless housekeeper's partner was a great dad and a family man. pffft. out the window now.

friggin when the hell did society forget about the rules of having mistresses?

They (the dinkuses) should have just said 'we got in a real bad fight about X' and let that be it.

good grief.
And you really believe the media would have left it at that? It is the gossip mongering tabloids that are thank for raking all the muck and going looking to out the poor woman and her kid.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2011, 08:39 PM   #34
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
And you really believe the media would have left it at that? It is the gossip mongering tabloids that are thank for raking all the muck and going looking to out the poor woman and her kid.

They are selling a product people want. I think your condemnation is aimed at the wrong target.

If enough people refused to buy the tabloids because they were too trashy and opportunist then the content would change quickly. But in spite of choruses of disapproval just like yours (often, I suspect, from the very same people who buy them) that kind of content continues to sell very well, as it always has.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2011, 05:42 AM   #35
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
I have lost a considerable amount of respect for old Arnie in this.

One thing I'm sick of, whenever these kinds of stories come up, is the people who will bend over backwards to point out how it's part of man's nature, or biology.. and basically make excuses and rationales for why it's understandable or forgivable.

But I disagree, because there are legions of men who face the same temptations as anyone else, and do NOT act on them. It is clearly possible to do so. It clearly will not kill you to fight those urges.

The line is crossed when you give into those urges, and convince yourself you aren't doing anything wrong.. and indeed may even be a simple victim to your own biology or DNA.

There are so many men and women in this world who do not act on such temptations. Who take their vows to others seriously. It's obviously quite feasible to act in such a manner.. So I have no patience for those who give in to such desires. They are rationalizing, selfish scum. They destroy families, and lives. And for what? A different woman than the one they'd already been with? They are all the same, downstairs, if you know what I mean guys. You aren't missing anything by not having as many of them in one lifetime as you can get. There's not some kind of magic genitals out there that you may miss out on.
I agree totally. If you have a solemn vow, you keep it.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:18 AM   #36
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BenBurch View Post
I agree totally. If you have a solemn vow, you keep it.
That's why I don't make solemn vows. I can do whatever I want!

Old 19th May 2011, 09:23 AM   #37
Jekyll's Guest
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
If enough people refused to buy the tabloids because they were too trashy and opportunist then the content would change quickly.
But how would we survive without women?
Jekyll's Guest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2011, 04:29 PM   #38
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
They are selling a product people want. I think your condemnation is aimed at the wrong target.

If enough people refused to buy the tabloids because they were too trashy and opportunist then the content would change quickly. But in spite of choruses of disapproval just like yours (often, I suspect, from the very same people who buy them) that kind of content continues to sell very well, as it always has.
If I remember correctly, there was a period of time after the death of princess Diana when tabloid sales declined.

Not for long. And, I don't understand the seemingly endless need to milk stories like this for long periods of time. I always wonder if those buying tabloids to read about this particular story, ever really stop and question how they would feel after experiencing such humiliation, and then have that hurt and humiliation bared in front of the world.

At the end of my marriage, I experienced the brutal pain of being the last to know. It was my closest friend in my own bed, and living in a small town, the humiliation felt - at the time - almost unbearable. These people need to be left alone, by the media, and by the people who thirst for every word, and every photo the media - in any form - offers.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:12 PM   #39
Dorian Gray
Hypocrisy Detector

He didn't deserve you. You're a good and beautiful person, and you deserved better than that jer - hey, look at the hooters on that chick!
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2011, 06:57 PM   #40
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you. And yeah, even as a female I noticed the hooters. How could anyone not notice? I mean, they take up over half of her entire body.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events