IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:38 PM   #1
MarkinVT
Student

Support JREF by buying from amazon

Smile.amazon.com donates .05% of your perchases to a charity of your choice and it looks like the jref is on there and also now untill december 31st amazon will donate an extra $5 to any order. Its a great little why og supporting the great work that jref provides!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1001922881
MarkinVT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2014, 03:40 AM   #2
Biff Starbuck
Critical Thinker

I got an email overnight from Amazon saying they will donate an extra $5 starting today, up to a total of $1 million. I bought a $7 book off of my wish list so JREF could get $5.

If you want to participate, make sure you go to smile.amazon.com first, and have JREF selected as your charity. If you go straight to the regular Amazon site, they don't contribute. I bookmarked the smile site instead of the regular shopping one to remind myself.
Biff Starbuck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2014, 04:24 AM   #3
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think this programme is running on the international flavours of Amazon (amazon.co.uk in my case) which is a shame.

If I'm wrong about that, however, can someone please correct me and give me a link!
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Biff Starbuck
Critical Thinker

Randi posted the link on Facebook today, and judging by the comments, no it does not work for customers outside of the US.

The nicest thing about this special $5 incentive is my $7 book earned a donation that would have cost me $1000 in purchases normally. I have to remind myself sometimes programs like this and the charity credit cards are nice, but ordinarily JREF (and I) would be better off if I just gave them $10.
Biff Starbuck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Peacock
Scholar

I am in the US and I get an error when I click on the link in the OP. Could someone post the facebook link?
Peacock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Biff Starbuck
Critical Thinker

https://www.facebook.com/jamesrandi

I think the $5 bonus expired yesterday, but the half percent donation still can go towards JREF on most other purchases
Old 1st April 2014, 03:53 PM   #7
Black Hole Box

Thanks. Just renewed my Prime membership in anticipation of ordering more from Amazon and will use this when purchasing.
Black Hole Box is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF