IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Changeover timetable , Future of Forum , ISF , new forum

Old 4th September 2014, 03:32 PM   #41
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by bookitty View Post
Will the new terms and conditions be the same as the current ones?
arhwollipot had provided this post in one of the original forum transition threads.

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Public Notice: Changes are a-coming!

The Forum's Future
Input Requested: Terms and conditions for the International Skeptics Forum

Just for those folks who might not have seen them.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2014, 05:56 PM   #42
CelticRose
Graduate Poster

Thanks for the information.

Will a mass email go out at the time of the Big Move to let both active and inactive members know that there's a new forum?

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/
CelticRose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2014, 07:49 PM   #43
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Great news! My thanks go out to all involved in saving our fair city forum from oblivion.
BazBear is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2014, 08:04 PM   #44
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
Great news! My thanks go out to all involved in saving our fair city forum from oblivion.

Given the recent developments in the mess that the JREF appears to be (and though I'm still rooting for them), I'm now kind of glad we're sailing off on our own.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2014, 08:34 PM   #45
This is The End

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
<snip>and will be given the option to transfer their existing email address, name <snip>

This might be a silly question but I can't for the life of me seem to find in the control panel anywhere what all personal information I gave. Am I not finding a page or something?
Old 4th September 2014, 09:19 PM   #46
Michel H
Master Poster

Originally Posted by OnlyTellsTruths View Post
This might be a silly question but I can't for the life of me seem to find in the control panel anywhere what all personal information I gave. Am I not finding a page or something?
On the top of this page, click "Use CP", "Edit Your Details", "Edit Email ...", you should see your e-mail address (you may, however, need to answer the "verification question" before clicking on "Edit Email ...")
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2014, 10:18 PM   #47
This is The End

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
On the top of this page, click "Use CP", "Edit Your Details", "Edit Email ...", you should see your e-mail address (you may, however, need to answer the "verification question" before clicking on "Edit Email ...")

I saw that. And I now see that the DOB is part of the border/heading, I kept skimming past that and not registering it. And I'm assuming name must not be visible to the end user?
Old 4th September 2014, 11:29 PM   #48
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I think you are searching for a non-existent page.
Old 5th September 2014, 02:07 AM   #49
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by CelticRose View Post
Thanks for the information.

Will a mass email go out at the time of the Big Move to let both active and inactive members know that there's a new forum?
Yes. Although I don't think it will be needed as I expect the changes will make the leading story on all reputable news media.
Old 5th September 2014, 02:10 AM   #50
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I saw that. And I now see that the DOB is part of the border/heading, I kept skimming past that and not registering it. And I'm assuming name must not be visible to the end user?
Look under usercp>your profile and the second tab?
Old 5th September 2014, 02:44 AM   #51
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Look under usercp>your profile and the second tab?
I think she's asking for the personal information supplied as part of membership approval. It's not visible to users, only to Admins. (I don't even know where it is held.)
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2014, 04:23 AM   #52
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I thought it was as read only? Try going to your profile and looking... Mind you I do wonder how someone may have forgotten their own name.....
Old 5th September 2014, 04:32 AM   #53
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Just tried with Testbot and you can't see even your own required info. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 6th September 2014, 11:30 AM   #54
JihadJane
not a camel

Thanks to everybody who's worked on this.
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2014, 11:38 AM   #55
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Originally Posted by bookitty View Post
Will the new terms and conditions be the same as the current ones?
Scroll down. Click "I agree". Move on.
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2014, 12:31 PM   #56
Donn
Philosopher

The future is nigh!
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 11:32 AM   #57
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Test post after move to new server.
Old 7th September 2014, 12:04 PM   #58
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Stage 1

The (current) JREF Forum will be transferred to new hardware. This will require downtime expected to be 3 to 6 hours but may be longer. Itís hoped that this stage will occur before Sept 9, 2014. The site will remain under the ownership of the JREF and day to day control will remain with the current moderation team. There are likely to be a couple of additional "technical admins" created to help ensure everything goes as planned. Any new technical admins will be announced as per usual and their roles will be limited to technical matters rather than moderation.

One down....
Old 7th September 2014, 12:06 PM   #59
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Woohoo!
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 12:12 PM   #60
calebprime
Penultimate Amazing

Damn.
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 12:16 PM   #61
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Hmm . . . still has that 'new server smell' . . .
Old 7th September 2014, 12:50 PM   #62
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Hmm . . . still has that 'new server smell' . . .
I love the smell of new servers in the morning, smells like... Victory!
rdaneel is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 12:54 PM   #63
icerat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rdaneel View Post
I love the smell of new servers in the morning, smells like... Victory!
Hmmm .. it all went suspiciously too smoothly for my liking, entirely un-IT like ....
Old 7th September 2014, 12:55 PM   #64
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

I want my puppy now.
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 01:44 PM   #65
xterra
So far, so good...

Location: On the outskirts of Nowhere; the middle was too crowded
Looking around, I see that someone swept the floors here in the new home of the forum before we moved in.

Very nice, very efficient move.

Hearty congratulations to the team.

(This post duplicates a post in the thread "Future of the Forum," now that the future has arrived.)
Old 7th September 2014, 02:01 PM   #66
icerat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by xterra View Post
Looking around, I see that someone swept the floors here in the new home of the forum before we moved in.

Credit goes to temporalillusion, darat, and Rick Adams@JREF, with some preparation assistance from Ben Burch.

Some minor glitches popping up, which was expected and being looked in to.
Old 7th September 2014, 02:13 PM   #67
Donn
Philosopher

A few Gateway timeouts (nginx ) errors. Not too bad. Good ssh-fu chaps!
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 02:44 PM   #68
icerat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Are they still occurring since the two earlier reports?
Old 7th September 2014, 02:48 PM   #69
Donn
Philosopher

Nope - and I'll use the problems thread in future.
Old 7th September 2014, 02:50 PM   #70
ctamblyn
Data Ghost

I haven't seen any more either.
Old 7th September 2014, 03:58 PM   #71
beelzebub
Scholar

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but do we know when the new forum will be up and running? From several comments above, it sounds like it should be up now (in some form or other), but I just get a "Web site is under construction" message (At 'http://www.internationalskeptics.com/')
Jim
beelzebub is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 04:03 PM   #72
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by beelzebub View Post
Hi Guys, sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but do we know when the new forum will be up and running? From several comments above, it sounds like it should be up now (in some form or other), but I just get a "Web site is under construction" message (At 'http://www.internationalskeptics.com/')
Jim
Read the OP. Looks like stage 1 has been completed. Stage 2 is when we go to the new forum. Stage 2 has not yet happened.
Old 7th September 2014, 04:05 PM   #73
icerat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by beelzebub View Post
Jim
Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
Read the OP. Looks like stage 1 has been completed. Stage 2 is when we go to the new forum. Stage 2 has not yet happened.
Correct. A few things need to be done before we become ISF. One of which is decide on a logo and colour scheme etc.
Old 7th September 2014, 04:25 PM   #74
Christian Klippel
Master Poster

Yeah, that looked like it went really smooth. And it's pretty fast now, too. Well, it already was quite a bit faster after you folks finally looked into it, but now...

Great work!

Greetings,

Chris
Christian Klippel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 04:33 PM   #75
bpesta22
Cereal Killer

Good news. Be sure to tip your server.
Old 7th September 2014, 04:50 PM   #76
beelzebub
Scholar

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I saw the OP, but I was just confused with some of the comments, such as:

xterra -
Quote:

icerat -
Quote:
Credit goes to temporalillusion, darat, and Rick Adams@JREF, with some preparation assistance from Ben Burch.

Some minor glitches popping up, which was expected and being looked in to.
Donn -
Quote:
.....These seemed to indicate at least a 'visitable' site, if not one yet ready to 'move in'.

I shall await the official opening with excited interest
Jim
beelzebub is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 05:14 PM   #77
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Posting this here because I can't bring up the forum to find the thread for glitches. Here's what I get when I click on the "new posts" link:

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 186

I have no idea if that's important.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2014, 05:16 PM   #78
icerat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Posting this here because I can't bring up the forum to find the thread for glitches. Here's what I get when I click on the "new posts" link:

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 186

I have no idea if that's important.
Yeah, temporalillusion has decided things are working too well so has decided to break stuff.
Old 7th September 2014, 05:25 PM   #79
temporalillusion
Technical Admin

Gotta break a few eggs if you want to egg a car make stuff faster.
Old 7th September 2014, 07:18 PM   #80
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Lookin' goooood...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF