IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd April 2020, 05:10 AM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

kawika advocates murder

Over at 911blogger, our member kawika has now called for extralegal killings:
Originally Posted by kawika
WHAT IF.................
What if this problem got right in our face, instead of us being far removed, insulated? Are we gonna be polite, honorable and follow rules that the predators obviously aren't subject to? Are we incapable of taking direct action?

The rabid dogs (two legged variety) will eventually show up on your street, threatening your children and peace of mind. Are you going to have the nanny call somebody, or will you dispatch the evil and get back to work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2L0WQu2fEI
The video scene from To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) depicts Gregory Peck's character actually shooting dead a mad (rabid?) dog.

Kawika apparently has sunk to the radical, amoral level of the actual murderers of 9/11. This is a "movement" that sooner or later will produce actual terrorits.

Last edited by Oystein; 22nd April 2020 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added link to 911Blogger post
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 05:31 AM   #2
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Who is he intending to murder? To be clear: I think the premise is full of ****, and you're borrowing trouble nobody needs or wants. Somebody says some Internet Tough Guy crap somewhere and you come running here to tattle.

Anyway, whatever. We're here now. Let's play it out. Who is he intending to murder?

Last edited by theprestige; 22nd April 2020 at 05:35 AM.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 05:32 AM   #3
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I checked and we have no member called kawika.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:32 AM   #4
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I checked and we have no member called kawika.
Banned members are hard to find, as they no longer show up in most of the searchable areas. I assume that's what's going on here.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:39 AM   #5
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Banned members are hard to find, as they no longer show up in most of the searchable areas. I assume that's what's going on here.
You can do advanced search by user name and it lets you search for banned members posts. But no-one called kawika.
Guybrush Threepwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:42 AM   #6
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

The video scene from To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) depicts Gregory Peck's character actually shooting dead a mad (rabid?) dog.

Kawika apparently has sunk to the radical, amoral level of the actual murderers of 9/11. This is a "movement" that sooner or later will produce actual terrorits.
Anyway, there's a lot not to like about this formulation.

First of all, "murder" is a reserved word. Calling something murder begs the question that it's a particular kind of prohibited killing. Killing someone in self defense is not usually considered murder, for example.

Second, I'm pretty sure that killing someone in self defense is not generally considered "extralelgal". I think it's just considered "legal".

Likewise putting down a rabid dog. Today, there's probably a lot of rules and regulations about who's allowed to do it, and how. But in the context of the society depicted in TKAM, I don't think what Atticus did was extralegal at all. It was plainly and simply legal. Whatever the nature of legitimate concern about kawika's position, I think Oystein is blowing it waaay out of proportion with this language.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:43 AM   #7
JSanderO
Illuminator

The crazy libertine right is itching for a confrontation... with the "state" and its "liberal" (read communist) followers.

In the end and that may be sooner than later... when these crazy people come to my neighborhood I trust the authorities will arrest them,

Their demonstrations are clearly provocative and can easily lead to dangerous riots. This is worrying and must be stopped before it reaches a point of no return.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:44 AM   #8
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post
You can do advanced search by user name and it lets you search for banned members posts. But no-one called kawika.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the future. Maybe it's a typo. Oystein?
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:45 AM   #9
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The crazy libertine right is itching for a confrontation... with the "state" and its "liberal" (read communist) followers.

In the end and that may be sooner than later... when these crazy people come to my neighborhood I trust the authorities will arrest them,

Their demonstrations are clearly provocative and can easily lead to dangerous riots. This is worrying and must be stopped before it reaches a point of no return.
I don't think "libertine" is the word you're looking for.

I do think you're also blowing this waaay out of proportion. Being locked away from the outside world doesn't make the "inside world" of Internet posturing any more real than it used to be. But by all means: Call up the Internet Police* and tell them they need to do something about kawika before he goes too far.

---
*GCHQ? NSA? If we can figure out who Oystein is actually referring to, maybe you just need to make an anonymous call to the local PD. Let them know someone is making terrorist threats on the Internet, and they need to send SWAT around right away. Is that the kind of thing you have in mind?

Last edited by theprestige; 22nd April 2020 at 06:48 AM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:53 AM   #10
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

If you click the link, "kawika" is the name being used at the other site. Bad wording in the OP confuses the issue.
Old 22nd April 2020, 06:54 AM   #11
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

First of all, "murder" is a reserved word. Calling something murder begs the question that it's a particular kind of prohibited killing. Killing someone in self defense is not usually considered murder, for example.
For a counter-example, see the Amber Guyger / Botham Jean case. In order for a killing to be in self-defense, the threat has to be real rather than imagined. This particular ITG is suggesting people kill unspecified individuals in response to a threat that more rational people know to be imaginary.

But otherwise, yeah, this looks like nothing more than virtual penis enhancement.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:13 AM   #12
JSanderO
Illuminator

I do think you're also blowing this waaay out of proportion. Being locked away from the outside world doesn't make the "inside world" of Internet posturing any more real than it used to be. But by all means: Call up the Internet Police* and tell them they need to do something about kawika before he goes too far.

---
*GCHQ? NSA? If we can figure out who Oystein is actually referring to, maybe you just need to make an anonymous call to the local PD. Let them know someone is making terrorist threats on the Internet, and they need to send SWAT around right away. Is that the kind of thing you have in mind?
No... I know who David Cole is and that he is a jerk. He proved that years ago.
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:15 AM   #13
JSanderO
Illuminator

---

OK perhaps the word should be LIBERTARIAN ... selfish jerks no matter the term.
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:15 AM   #14
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Number one: I copied my OP from another place, and forgot to check and delete the reference to "kawika" being a member "here". My mistake.
Since he seems not to be a member here, I think I am allowed to reveal that he is David Cole, a long-time 9/11 Truth activist in the orbit around AE911Truth, or currently the "Lawyers' Committee", where he is credited as a "researcher".

Number two: Yes, my language is hyperbolic.

Number three: The intention to not call authorities and go for the kill immediately speaks to an intention not to rely on legal self defense - for self defense to be legal, it has to be a measure of last resort. David Cole's languege appears to rule out trying non-lethal defense first.

Number three: I do not accuse the fictional Mr. Finch of "murdering" a dog. I am pointing out that David Cole shows by way of the video what he intends to do with "[t]he rabid dogs (two legged variety) [who] will eventually show up on your street": Not merely bully them away, but kill. Apparently without warning.

Number four: Yes, David Cole may be talking big to please his ego - but I guess many a terrorist started out his (often short) path to deadly radicalization with such penis-striking tough-talk.
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:30 AM   #15
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I checked and there's no "other place" google is able to find that contains the sentence "Over at 911blogger, our member kawika has now called for extralegal killings"
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:42 AM   #16
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I checked and there's no "other place" google is able to find that contains the sentence "Over at 911blogger, our member kawika has now called for extralegal killings"
Google does not show you results from private Facebook groups.
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:18 AM   #17
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Google does not show you results from private Facebook groups.

kawika is a member of your private facebook group? I'm shocked by which company you keep.
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:30 AM   #18
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
If you click the link, "kawika" is the name being used at the other site. Bad wording in the OP confuses the issue.
Thanks! Two hours and a cup of coffee later, I've figured out who Oystein is actually referring to.
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:37 AM   #19
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
For a counter-example, see the Amber Guyger / Botham Jean case. In order for a killing to be in self-defense, the threat has to be real rather than imagined. This particular ITG is suggesting people kill unspecified individuals in response to a threat that more rational people know to be imaginary.
I don't see it that way.

I see it as him saying, "if/when a threatening person approaches you threateningly, it's reasonable to defend yourself from that threat".

We all know the scenario is implausible, but the basic principle is sound, and doesn't equate to advocating murder. At most, it equates to advocating armed resistance against government intrusion. Which I'm sure would pull a murder charge in many jurisdictions. But my opinion is that such resistance isn't necessarily murder, ethically speaking.

Basically, he's just saying "when the Illuminati come kicking down my door, I'll be ready for them." Which we all know is never going to happen - either part of it. So why the tattle-taleing?

Oystein, what exactly were you expecting us to do with this information? Point and laugh (at whom)? Clutch our pearls? SWAT the guy?
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:40 AM   #20
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

OK perhaps the word should be LIBERTARIAN ... selfish jerks no matter the term.
Accidentally using libertine for libertarian is the least problematic part of your post.

What exactly do you think should be done about it?
This is worrying and must be stopped before it reaches a point of no return.
Stopped how? By whom? Have you already contacted some government agency to look into this? Are you waiting for someone else to do it?
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:43 AM   #21
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I don't see it that way.

I see it as him saying, "if/when a threatening person approaches you threateningly, it's reasonable to defend yourself from that threat".
Well, it's debatable. I read it as "These guys will constitute a threat simply by showing up on your street, so rather than calling the authorities you should just shoot them on sight." The result would likely be that anybody in a suit who happens to drive a black SUV down his street is likely to get shot dead just for being there. If, of course, he's anything more than an ITG who lives in his mother's spare room. Since the defining feature of most truthers is that they never actually do anything, I suspect that suit-wearing SUV owners are safe even when wearing sunglasses.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:43 AM   #22
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Number one: I copied my OP from another place, and forgot to check and delete the reference to "kawika" being a member "here". My mistake.
Since he seems not to be a member here, I think I am allowed to reveal that he is David Cole, a long-time 9/11 Truth activist in the orbit around AE911Truth, or currently the "Lawyers' Committee", where he is credited as a "researcher".

Number two: Yes, my language is hyperbolic.

Number three: The intention to not call authorities and go for the kill immediately speaks to an intention not to rely on legal self defense - for self defense to be legal, it has to be a measure of last resort. David Cole's languege appears to rule out trying non-lethal defense first.

Number three: I do not accuse the fictional Mr. Finch of "murdering" a dog. I am pointing out that David Cole shows by way of the video what he intends to do with "[t]he rabid dogs (two legged variety) [who] will eventually show up on your street": Not merely bully them away, but kill. Apparently without warning.

Number four: Yes, David Cole may be talking big to please his ego - but I guess many a terrorist started out his (often short) path to deadly radicalization with such penis-striking tough-talk.
Hyperbolic? You don't say. To what purpose this hyperbole?

What a clown car this is turning out to be. Someone else copy-pasta'd that post, and then you copy-pasta'd their pasta here? To what purpose?

Anyway, you've convinced me that there's a serious threat here. Please tell me which government agencies you've already notified, so that I don't duplicate your effort. /s

More seriously, at what point in that post does the hyperbole stop and the serious concern begin? Is it all hyperbole, or do you actually think we're looking at an emerging terrorist threat from David Cole?

Last edited by theprestige; 22nd April 2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:49 AM   #23
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Yes. When the Stasi come to my home to arrest me, shame on me for not calling the authorities, warning the Stasi to stay away, and trying non-lethal methods first.
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:02 AM   #24
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

No... I know who David Cole is and that he is a jerk. He proved that years ago.
Okay, he's a jerk. So what? Does this have anything to do with what we're discussing?
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:04 AM   #25
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Well, it's debatable. I read it as "These guys will constitute a threat simply by showing up on your street, so rather than calling the authorities
Why would someone who fears the authorities want to call the authorities when their agents show up on his doorstep to do exactly the thing he fears they're going to do?
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:17 AM   #26
Dave Rogers

Why would someone who fears the authorities want to call the authorities when their agents show up on his doorstep to do exactly the thing he fears they're going to do?
Yes, I realise that's the mindset. The fact that it's an irrationally paranoid mindset is precisely the problem, though. To continue the analogy to Guyger and Jean, why would someone seeing an intruder in her home step back and check she was at the right door when she knew she must be?

What this dickhead seems to be saying is "There are agents threatening your safety, if you see them you should shoot first and ask questions later." Even though these nefarious agents don't exist, there's a danger that perfectly innocent passers-by might be believed to be them, leading to a tragic mistake. And, since self-defence requires a reasonable belief that there is a clear and present danger, it could well be judged to be murder, whatever the unreasonable beliefs of the person doing the shooting.

Dave

Old 22nd April 2020, 09:27 AM   #27
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

possible pizza place attacker

It makes no sense, a reply to the PizzaGate nonsense. Is he going to be the next armed idiot attacking pizza places?

2020, and the gullible followers of 9/11 truth movement continue to battle on with no evidence, and insane claims, like NoC. It appears facts and evidence, Radar data, FDR, DNA elude the cult of 9/11 truth, who prefer lies and fantasy.

It defies logic to see people fall for 9/11 truth nonsense, or the insanity of the CIT idiots.

Darn, searching for related info, found this...

https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/b...=1&isAllowed=y

An article, "THE TRUTH ABOUT 9/11 TRUTH MOVEMENT: A FOLKLORISTIC STUDY" Includes interviews with 9/11 truth nuts, and info on how they became uniformed misinformation nuts.

Interview questions... for the paper
Interview Questions
1. Where were you born?
2. Where did you grow up?
3. Tell me a little about yourself.
4. Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?
5. What were you doing when you learned of the attacks?
6. How did you find out about the attacks?
7. What were your immediate thoughts when you heard/saw the attack?
8. After learning about the attacks, what did you do the next day and the day after
that?
9. Did you lose someone in the attacks? If so who? Can you tell me about the
experience of losing a loved one in such a manner?
10. Did you initially believe the official reports about the attacks?
11. Where did you get the information that caused you to doubt the official
explanation?
12. What specifically do you doubt about the official version and why?
13. Where do you get your information that supports your concerns about the official
reports surrounding 9/11?
14. When and why did you become involved in of 9/11 Truth Movement?
15. Have you been discriminated against or harmed in any way because of your
involvement in the Movement?
16. What is your role and/or contribution to the Movement?
17. Please explain what you think happened on September 11, 2001 and subsequent
related events.
18. What would be a satisfactory resolution to your doubts and concerns around the
official reports and the conclusions about 9/11?
19. What do you think about the 9/11 Commissionís findings?
20. Why did you agree to this interview?
21. What do you think is the most common misunderstanding or misinformation
people have about 9/11 Truth Movement?
22. Is there any way you can or are addressing these misunderstandings and
misinformation?
23. What is a conspiracy theorist and do you consider yourself one?
24. What is your definition of a conspiracy theory?
25. Do you consider your beliefs about the attacks of 9/11 to be a conspiracy theory?
Why or why not?
26. Do you consider the official explanation a conspiracy theory? Why or why not?
27. Have you heard any other alternative explanations for what happened on 9/11 that
you either agree, disagree, or think have merit? If so, please explain?
28. What provides proof that another explanation for what happened on 9/11 is
plausible?
29. How do you evaluate your information sources?
30. In what ways does your research findings support an alternative theory?
31. What is your fondest memory?

Last edited by beachnut; 22nd April 2020 at 09:28 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 11:39 AM   #28
JSanderO
Illuminator

What has always struck me about truthers is their lack of science and engineering background to inform their response to the collapse of the WTC buildings. Basically all truthers deny that high rise buildings can collapse... unless the collapse was intentional and done with placed devices.

So the collapse, according to their "thinking" could not be the result of unfought fires... regardless of origin. Fire cannot fatally weaken at steel framed building.... And their off to the races with their conspiracy theories... because the planes hitting could not be the a straw that broke the camel's back for the twin towers... and 7 hrs of raging fires for 7wtc.

Everything else follows from these fundamental false beliefs... what happened, who did it and had motive... that it was some form of CD,and why it was so easily accepted by the public. It all becomes a real world fiction!

But why don't these seemingly intelligent people accept well reasoned, engineering and science based explanations? Even those done by non government interests? The answer is that all 9/11 conspiracy advocates have an anti establishment agenda... and filter through which they see the world. You can never trust the gov, or the media...who lie 100% of the time.

People are so stupid... truthers are a prefect example.
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:06 PM   #29
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The novelty of this insight is breathtaking.
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:18 PM   #30
bknight
Master Poster

What has always struck me about truthers is their lack of science and engineering background to inform their response to the collapse of the WTC buildings. Basically all truthers deny that high rise buildings can collapse... unless the collapse was intentional and done with placed devices.

So the collapse, according to their "thinking" could not be the result of unfought fires... regardless of origin. Fire cannot fatally weaken at steel framed building.... And their off to the races with their conspiracy theories... because the planes hitting could not be the a straw that broke the camel's back for the twin towers... and 7 hrs of raging fires for 7wtc.

Everything else follows from these fundamental false beliefs... what happened, who did it and had motive... that it was some form of CD,and why it was so easily accepted by the public. It all becomes a real world fiction!

But why don't these seemingly intelligent people accept well reasoned, engineering and science based explanations? Even those done by non government interests? The answer is that all 9/11 conspiracy advocates have an anti establishment agenda... and filter through which they see the world. You can never trust the gov, or the media...who lie 100% of the time.

It surprises me that engineers and architects sign onto the 9/11 nonsense. They are supposed to have the knowledge(perhaps) and the thought processes to understand the flaw in the 9/11 nonsense. Our recent CTer suggests that videos of planes impacting were made up in advance, without thinking through the convoluted path their beliefs exist.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:18 PM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

kawika is a member of your private facebook group? I'm shocked by which company you keep.
What tells you it's my group?
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:26 PM   #32
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I don't see it that way.

You should re-read kawika's post and parse it correctly. This is very much not what he says. Dave Roger's parsing is much closer to the mark.

We all know the scenario is implausible, but the basic principle is sound, and doesn't equate to advocating murder. At most, it equates to advocating armed resistance against government intrusion. Which I'm sure would pull a murder charge in many jurisdictions.
Thanks fpr agreeing.

But my opinion is that such resistance isn't necessarily murder, ethically speaking.
But legally speaking.
And, by the way, since his call for homicide is based on a web of lies that has been pointed out to him for a decade, it's ethically reprehensible as well.

By your own sophism, you could ethically defend Al Qaeda who had grievances against government overreach and advocated killing whereever they show up.

Basically, he's just saying "when the Illuminati
Illuminati? Where does he say that?

Oystein, what exactly were you expecting us to do with this information? Point and laugh (at whom)? Clutch our pearls? SWAT the guy?
Become aware that there is a potential for radicalization among even the respectable "researchers". Yes, I see actual, hot, lethal terrorism as a real possibility.
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:34 PM   #33
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hyperbolic? You don't say. To what purpose this hyperbole?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Take your pick.

What a clown car this is turning out to be. Someone else copy-pasta'd that post, and then you copy-pasta'd their pasta here?
No. Drink some more coffee. Maybe you still haven't reached your maximum parsing ability level yet.

Anyway, you've convinced me that there's a serious threat here.
I sense a rhetorical device here... To what purpose did you employ it?

Please tell me which government agencies you've already notified, so that I don't duplicate your effort. /s
This is not the 911 switch board. This is the 9/11 sub-forum. We discuss crimes, conspiracies, fraud, hoaxes etc al the time without sounding alarms to police emergency services right away.

More seriously, at what point in that post does the hyperbole stop and the serious concern begin? Is it all hyperbole, or do you actually think we're looking at an emerging terrorist threat from David Cole?
I found this post, and yes, it alarmed me. I offer it to the community for debate.
If it doesn't alarm you, you can go back to sleep.

Yes. When the Stasi come to my home to arrest me, shame on me for not calling the authorities, warning the Stasi to stay away, and trying non-lethal methods first.
Which Stasi?
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:56 PM   #34
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Couple interesting things here. The rest respectfully snipped.

By your own sophism, you could ethically defend Al Qaeda who had grievances against government overreach and advocated killing whereever they show up.
Yes indeed I could. And probably would, if the question came up in a context where I thought the point needed defending.

Quote:
Yes, I see actual, hot, lethal terrorism as a real possibility.
Have you SWATed hm yet?
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:04 PM   #35
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Couple more interesting things here.

I sense a rhetorical device here... To what purpose did you employ it?
Exploring the limits of your have/eat cake approach to this situation.

Quote:
This is not the 911 switch board. This is the 9/11 sub-forum. We discuss crimes, conspiracies, fraud, hoaxes etc al the time without sounding alarms to police emergency services right away.
Which we wouldn't do, because you're being hyperbolic, and the situation isn't serious enough to merit police response.

Quote:
I found this post, and yes, it alarmed me. I offer it to the community for debate.
If it doesn't alarm you, you can go back to sleep.
Or I could debate it. If find your idea of justified alarm debatable, for example. More have/eat cake stuff. You brought it here to be debated. Now you're suggesting I not debate it?

If your expressed alarm is hyperbolic, then so what? Internet tough guy does internet posturing. Other Internet tough guy makes a show of being very concerned about the terrorist threat this posturing implies. The end.

If your expressed alarm is sincere, then why aren't you notifying the authorities about this emerging terrorist threat?

Either you think this guy is becoming a serious risk to society, or you don't. Which is it? Where does the hyperbole end, and the real concern begin? What exactly would you have us debate?
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:08 PM   #36
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Just curious here, as the thread seems to be getting a little vague, whether the initial question of who those rabid dogs are supposed to be has been answered.

Not that I think anyone should be shot down like a dog, but just wondering which of many stupidities is being voiced here.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:48 PM   #37
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

If your expressed alarm is hyperbolic, then so what? Internet tough guy does internet posturing. Other Internet tough guy makes a show of being very concerned about the terrorist threat this posturing implies. The end....
Not the end.
Third Internet tough guy finds that someone is wrong on the internet and sets them straight.
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:55 PM   #38
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Not the end.
Third Internet tough guy finds that someone is wrong on the internet and sets them straight.
You came here for debate. I'm giving you debate. I think kawika's post is inconsequential. You think saying he's adovcating murder is hyperbolic. Now what?

ETA: I'm content with your characterization of this as a nothingburger between Internet tough guys. Is that where you were expecting this debate to end up when you started the thread?

Last edited by theprestige; 22nd April 2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:59 PM   #39
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Just curious here, as the thread seems to be getting a little vague, whether the initial question of who those rabid dogs are supposed to be has been answered.

Not that I think anyone should be shot down like a dog, but just wondering which of many stupidities is being voiced here.
That I can't answer.
I suppose David Cole could not, either.
Have you read The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright? You get an impression from it that OBL didn't know in 1996 whom he would be killing in 2001. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been watched more closely in 1996.

Cole is convinced that there are real people out there whom he wants to kill, as he expects them to disturb his "peace of mind" sooner or later. This is not yet declaring war on the USA, as OBL did in 1996, but surely he already is sorting in his head reasons to kill representatives of the USA.
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:02 PM   #40
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

You came here for debate. I'm giving you debate. I think kawika's post is inconsequential. You think saying he's adovcating murder is hyperbolic. Now what?
Still the same point: I see David Cole on a path towards radicalization.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories