IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th May 2020, 06:09 AM   #1
geggy
Muse

9/11: 20 years later

Here we are almost 20 years later and the US is still active in covering up the truth about 9/11.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...he-victims/amp

And

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/u...uantanamo.html

2000 USS Cole bombing trial at Guantanamo also has been a disaster.

What gives?
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:29 AM   #2
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Here we are almost 20 years later and 9/11 Truthers are still using the same old lame tactics and arguments.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=343977

What gives?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:38 AM   #3
geggy
Muse

The first article states the reason for justifying keeping documents secret are being kept secret. It's just more layer of coverup
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:06 AM   #4
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Here we are almost 20 years later and the US is still active in covering up the truth about 9/11.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...he-victims/amp

And

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/u...uantanamo.html

2000 USS Cole bombing trial at Guantanamo also has been a disaster.

What gives?
You are rather premature because the 20th anniversary of 9/11 will not be until September 11, 2021.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:08 AM   #5
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I've long been aware of the cognitive deficiencies of 9/11 truthers, but I though most of them could at least count past 18 without getting it wrong.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:10 AM   #6
geggy
Muse

Dave what are your feelings about Barr not releasing documents?

Edit: if you have any
Old 7th May 2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Dave what are your feelings about Barr not releasing documents?

Edit: if you have any
Normal government behavior; they all keep secrets.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:12 AM   #8
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningMoved thread to correct forum section and removed many of the non-topic posts. If you think a thread is in the wrong section use the report button to bring it to the mod team's attention do not post in the thread. Likewise if you have issues with how the forum is moderated raise them in the correct section.
Posted By:Darat
Old 7th May 2020, 07:13 AM   #9
geggy
Muse

You people are embarrassing yourselves heh
Old 7th May 2020, 07:14 AM   #10
geggy
Muse

Normal behavior? That's sad. What are your feelings about their "Normal behavior" Dave?
Old 7th May 2020, 07:14 AM   #11
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I've long been aware of the cognitive deficiencies of 9/11 truthers, but I though most of them could at least count past 18 without getting it wrong.
Only if they do their math barefooted.
Old 7th May 2020, 07:17 AM   #12
Dave Rogers

Normal behavior? That's sad.
Name a single government that has never kept anything secret.

What are your feelings about their "Normal behavior" Dave?
I'm going with "Irrelevant to the question of whether 9/11 conspiracy theories are true."

Dave

Old 7th May 2020, 07:19 AM   #13
geggy
Muse

Keeping things secret shouldn't be acceptable to you don't you think Dave? Shouldn't that be changed?
Old 7th May 2020, 07:21 AM   #14
geggy
Muse

Again I'm not posting conspiracy theories here
Old 7th May 2020, 07:23 AM   #15
geggy
Muse

Can't you tell the difference between theories and facts?

Fact: government is covering up 9/11.

Theory: government is behind 9/11.

Its that simple.

Last edited by geggy; 7th May 2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old 7th May 2020, 07:28 AM   #16
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
Only with their shoes off.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:38 AM   #17
geggy
Muse

How would you know their narrative is true if they keep things secret?

Last edited by geggy; 7th May 2020 at 07:40 AM.
Old 7th May 2020, 07:58 AM   #18
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

How would you know their narrative is true if they keep things secret?
How do you know they are keeping secrets if they keep the secrets secret?
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:01 AM   #19
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Conspiracy theories are that-a-way -->

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:02 AM   #20
geggy
Muse

Interesting word play Joe! Don't you think keeping things secret would fuel more conspiracy theories Joe? It is a big problem
Old 7th May 2020, 08:02 AM   #21
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Interesting word play Joe! Don't tyiu think keeping things secret would fuel more conspiracy theories Joe?
And that's why you're wrong. Because no matter what anyone says you can just invoke "the rest of the stuff they are hiding."

At least your nonsense is now in the appropriate forum.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:15 AM   #22
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Interesting word play Joe!
That's praise indeed from someone who just equated keeping some things secret with "covering up 9/11".
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:19 AM   #23
Dave Rogers

Keeping things secret shouldn't be acceptable to you don't you think Dave? Shouldn't that be changed?
I don't have any such feelings about it, but please continue to make some up and pretend they exist. Fiction is, after all, the basis of the 9/11 truth movement.

Dave

Old 7th May 2020, 08:21 AM   #24
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Too soon.
Old 7th May 2020, 08:31 AM   #25
geggy
Muse

Dave why do you keep saying "fiction this, fiction that, crazy 9/11 truthers"? All I simply asked if you think government should be an open environment and you evaded the question so what are your thoughts about an open government with more oversight Dave?
Old 7th May 2020, 08:35 AM   #26
geggy
Muse

I mean they are supposed to be working for us, not keeping secret from 9/11 families
Old 7th May 2020, 08:35 AM   #27
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Dave why do you keep saying "fiction this, fiction that, crazy 9/11 truthers"? All I simply asked if you think government should be an open environment and you evaded the question so what are your thoughts about an open government with more oversight Dave?
Geggy. You owe me twenty dollars. If you claim you don't owe me twenty dollars I will use that as proof that you are keeping your debt of 20 dollars to me a secret.
Old 7th May 2020, 08:46 AM   #28
geggy
Muse

Joe I get what you're saying and I don't agree. Government has done some shady things in the past and they tried to keep it secret but the door blew wide open such as the Iran contra affair. Don't you think the government learned from the mistakes that blew the lid and applied the lesson to 9/11?

If Saudi was behind 9/11 and they are known to give financial support to terrorists, what are your feelings about US and Saudi cooperation on oil and defense?

During the Afghan war in the 1980s and after the withdrawal of the soviet forces, US and Saudi matched funds to fuel the rise of extremism. Read more about Charlie Wilson and Zbieknew Brzezinski, two interesting characters

Last edited by geggy; 7th May 2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 7th May 2020, 08:48 AM   #29
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"The government has done some shady things, therefore I can make up stuff and say the government did it."

Nixon couldn't cover up a break in at a hotel. Both President Clinton and the head of the CIA couldn't keep their affairs secret. Spare me.
Old 7th May 2020, 08:49 AM   #30
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I mean they are supposed to be working for us, not keeping secret from 9/11 families
If that's the case, they should be no different than any other employee.

The only thing an employee is obligated to do is to show up when dirested to and do their assigned duties.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:49 AM   #31
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Joe I get what you're saying and I don't agree. Government has done some shady things in the past and they tried to keep it secret but the door blew wide open such as the Iran contra affair. Don't you think the government learned from the mistakes that blew the lid and applied the lesson to 9/11?
The door to Iran-Contra barely blew halfway open before Oliver North stopped it with his foot.

And no, I don't think the government learns much of anything from its mistakes.

What would you say is the mistake that led to the exposure of Iran-Contra? What specific steps do you the government has taken to avoid repeating that mistake?

Last edited by theprestige; 7th May 2020 at 08:50 AM.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:50 AM   #32
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Keeping secrets is in fact an important part of the job that government is supposed to do.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 08:52 AM   #33
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

And that's the problem with the "But they are keeping secrets" mindset.

Geggy could be lead into a room where every single government document on 9/11 was held and given free reign to read every sentence of it and when donehe would just go "Okay but what about the stuff you're still hiding?"

You can't prove the non-existence of information even when it isn't specifically being argued as a "secret" or "coverup."

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 7th May 2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 7th May 2020, 08:58 AM   #34
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Fact: government is covering up 9/11.
No.
Old 7th May 2020, 09:05 AM   #35
Dave Rogers

Dave why do you keep saying "fiction this, fiction that, crazy 9/11 truthers"?
Body of work.

Dave

Old 7th May 2020, 09:09 AM   #36
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

...the US is still active in covering up the truth about 9/11...
I think you should tell us what you mean by "the truth" about 9/11.
What I get from the articles is that the US government is keeping secret some details related to 9/11. Do these details fundamentally change what we know about 9/11 - yes, no, or don't know?

If Saudi was behind 9/11 and they are known to give financial support to terrorists, what are your feelings about US and Saudi cooperation on oil and defense?
You are now conflating personal opinion about post-9/11 policies with a more complete set of facts about what happened on 9/11.

I think you should make clear what your topic really is supposed to be.
It smells a lot like a stale old Conspiracy Theory - but we can't be sure.

Why don't you define your terms, list your premises, and present a reasoned argument going from there? "Feelings" shouldn't be much of an issue in a forum dedicated to skeptic and rational debate.

I am reasonably sure that most of us would personally like to see more facts declassified - we are mostly curious people.
I am also pretty sure that few of us are satisfied with the wars conducted after 9/11 or the criminal trials of Al Qaeda members. I am fairly certain that nobody here is much of a fan of the Saudi Kingdom and the many compromises of realpolitik that the the US leadership is swallowing to keep in business with the Middle East.
Things are really quite complicated, you know.
Old 7th May 2020, 09:15 AM   #37
geggy
Muse

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The door to Iran-Contra barely blew halfway open before Oliver North stopped it with his foot.

What would you say is the mistake that led to the exposure of Iran-Contra? What specific steps do you the government has taken to avoid repeating that mistake?
Lol Oliver "I did it for patriotism" North? He only came forward before anyone knew about his deeper involvement with Iran contra. Explain to me about his relationship Yair Klein and Mike Hariri two former IDF and Mossad figures who opened mercenary for hire companies that were involved with training far right guerrlia to overthrow Noriega as well as Pablo Escobar's bodyguards. Tell me more about Project Democracy and their framing of Laroche, one of the investigators

John P ONeill, thats how they fixed it.
Old 7th May 2020, 09:15 AM   #38
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

What gives?

Yes. The Republican President George W. Bush with Dick Cheney planned all of it. Then, three years later, Democrat John Kerry running against Bush, never mentioned any cover-up, even though it would have guaranteed him an easy victory. Obama never mentioned it, either, even though he would have cruised to victory just on that issue. Once Obama became president, he never once mentioned it even though it would have guaranteed him a second term in a walk. Then Hillary Clinton kept silent even though it would have handed her a victory. Our current resident, who loves himself some conspiracy theories and is not a fan of the Bush-Cheney loyalists, hasn't bothered to mention it, either.

What gives with that?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 09:52 AM   #39
RedStapler

[] Explain to me []
Every time a truther demands "Explain to me..." somewhere in the world a cute little kitten dies.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 09:57 AM   #40
carlitos
"más divertido"

Lol Oliver "I did it for patriotism" North? He only came forward before anyone knew about his deeper involvement with Iran contra. Explain to me about his relationship Yair Klein and Mike Hariri two former IDF and Mossad figures who opened mercenary for hire companies that were involved with training far right guerrlia to overthrow Noriega as well as Pablo Escobar's bodyguards. Tell me more about Project Democracy and their framing of Laroche, one of the investigators

John P ONeill, thats how they fixed it.
Here - I have highlighted the questions in the post that you responded to:
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories