IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump conspiracies

Old 24th August 2020, 07:28 AM   #1
geggy
Muse

Trump and 9/11

Did Trump have foreknowledge of 9/11? In his 2000 book, The America We Deserve,

"One day we're told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy Number One, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it's on to a new enemy and new crisis."

" I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the 1993 bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers. No sensible analyst rejects this possibility, and plenty of them, like me, are not wondering if but when it will happen."

" In our age of miniaturization, weapons have shrunk — and the threat against us is suddenly very large. When a nuclear device can fit in a suitcase, and a canister of anthrax can devastate New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or any other American city, the equation has changed radically."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200824-103338_CM Browser.jpg (60.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by geggy; 24th August 2020 at 07:29 AM.
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 07:48 AM   #2
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by geggy View Post

"One day we're told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy Number One, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it's on to a new enemy and new crisis."

" I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the 1993 bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers. No sensible analyst rejects this possibility, and plenty of them, like me, are not wondering if but when it will happen."

" In our age of miniaturization, weapons have shrunk — and the threat against us is suddenly very large. When a nuclear device can fit in a suitcase, and a canister of anthrax can devastate New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or any other American city, the equation has changed radically."
What in there shows advanced knowledge? The idea that OBL would try again to blow up the WTC? Nope. The fact that technology gets smaller? Look at cellphones from the 80 to the 90s. Or computers from the 60's to the 90's Not exactly a prediction.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 07:53 AM   #3
geggy
Muse

He also mentioned Anthrax attacks which came to fruition shortly after the 9/11 attacks.
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 08:43 AM   #4
Leftus
Master Poster

He also mentioned Anthrax attacks which came to fruition shortly after the 9/11 attacks.
Already a known vector of attack. Bring the noise.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 08:45 AM   #5
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
What in there shows advanced knowledge? The idea that OBL would try again to blow up the WTC? Nope. The fact that technology gets smaller? Look at cellphones from the 80 to the 90s. Or computers from the 60's to the 90's Not exactly a prediction.
I agree questioning the premise of the OP. Further where does advanced warning of Anthrax attacks? Those types of attacks have been carried out in 2001 https://www.google.com/search?newwin...sclient=psy-ab
just before book had been written.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 09:07 AM   #6
Leftus
Master Poster

Also, who was Trump to be in this inner circle to be given advanced warning? Even in the 90's he wasn't known for his ability to keep his trap shut. Even back then, he was known for being a blowhard. FFS, if you wanted to run a super secret operation to attack and kill people in the US, Trump in the 90's would still be so far down the page, forests would have to be leveled.

Why would you loop in Trump in the late 90's?
Old 24th August 2020, 09:15 AM   #7
MrFliop
Thinker

A PBS documentary from March 2000 about OBL
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
In the intro they mention how there was fear during the New Year period about a terrorist attack on New York

Also at 24:30 they also mention the 1993 WTC bombing. The documentary ends with the narrator saying that OBL is still at large and may commit more terrorist acts in the future against the US.

Oh! Did PBS also predict 9/11?
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 09:32 AM   #8
Steve
Philosopher

Trump was the primary force behind 9-11, and financed it. Bin Laden was just his organizer and lackey. Trump knew that it would result in his election to POTUS 16 years later and would provide a fine opportunity to become the USA's first dictator. People think that Trump is stupid. Well do I have news for them.....

I publish an on-line newsletter that can be had for a very nominal fee. Those that want to be fully informed pls pm me.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:06 AM   #9
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Trump was the primary force behind 9-11, and financed it. Bin Laden was just his organizer and lackey. Trump knew that it would result in his election to POTUS 16 years later and would provide a fine opportunity to become the USA's first dictator. People think that Trump is stupid. Well do I have news for them.....

I publish an on-line newsletter that can be had for a very nominal fee. Those that want to be fully informed pls pm me.
Bit coin only subscription? I do remember in the early days of folding there were clients built into websites that would fold when you were on that page, somewhat surreptitiously. Probably one out there that mines too. Just sayin.
Old 24th August 2020, 11:20 AM   #10
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post
A PBS documentary from March 2000 about OBL
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
In the intro they mention how there was fear during the New Year period about a terrorist attack on New York

Also at 24:30 they also mention the 1993 WTC bombing. The documentary ends with the narrator saying that OBL is still at large and may commit more terrorist acts in the future against the US.

Oh! Did PBS also predict 9/11?
No they were in on the conspiracy.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 12:10 PM   #11
Axxman300
Illuminator

The World Trade Center had already been attacked in 1993, and other Al Qaeda -backed attacks had been foiled by the NYPD CTU. It was only a matter of time before some terrorist group got lucky.

Everyone who read the newspapers in the 1990s through 2001 knew an attack was coming.

Everyone.

Stating NYC was going to be attacked was a safe blanket statement, just as saying California will suffer a devastating earthquake, or that the US can expect powerful hurricanes and tornadoes, or these days anyone can predict riots after police shoot a black person.

This isn't about foreknowledge, it's about not being a dumbass.
Old 24th August 2020, 12:47 PM   #12
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Geez, now Trump is behind 9/11, too?

Pretty soon there won’t be anyone who WASN’T in on it, per Truther world - aside from the people who actually did it, of course.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2020, 01:23 PM   #13
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post

Pretty soon there won’t be anyone who WASN’T in on it, per Truther world - aside from the people who actually did it, of course.
Well, it happened during the break between my military and civilian government service, I'm surprised I've not been named.
Old 24th August 2020, 01:32 PM   #14
bknight
Master Poster

Well, it happened during the break between my military and civilian government service, I'm surprised I've not been named.
You didn't get the memo?
Old 24th August 2020, 02:40 PM   #15
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
You didn't get the memo?
I'm not sure how they would find me. Some random nobody went from the Marines to the IRS sums up a few thousand of us.
Old 24th August 2020, 03:50 PM   #16
Axxman300
Illuminator

We need you to come downtown and answer a few questions.
Old 25th August 2020, 01:01 AM   #17
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Yes, but given that he's also the anti-establishment crusader who's going to expose the whole conspiracy, having been the leader of it means he won't have any problem finding lots of convincing evidence. Unless you can reconcile two mutually exclusive world views into a single unholy mess, you're not a proper truther.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 01:03 AM   #18
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

I think geggy cracked it!

Remember Gravy? His very last post on this forum, in 2013, is this:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Still, Donald Trump's ego is bigger.
Can't be a coincidence.

Last edited by Firestone; 25th August 2020 at 01:04 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 09:15 AM   #19
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

the idiot in chief only has foreknowledge of Windmills causing cancer

Did Trump have foreknowledge of 9/11? In his 2000 book, The America We Deserve, ...
No trump had no foreknowledge.

Clownstick has no knowledge, except Windmills cause cancer, and he has the best people, who turn out to be indited.

Clownstick is best at projecting, telling lies, and cheating at golf.

Clownstick lies about everything, and there is no doubt he has claimed, and will claim he predicted 9/11 - and it appears he did not nothing to stop it.

He is a narcissistic liar with no peers.

He lied that he predicted Osama bin Laden’s 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center, Liar
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 10:05 AM   #20
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Seems that Trump's comments about mini nukes or canisters of Anthrax shows a lack of knowledge of the future.

No mini nukes have been used in terrorism. Anthrax attacks were low tech, just powder deposited in mailing envelopes, and were extremely targeted and did not "devastate" any major cities.

No mention of using hijacked airlines as a weapon, which was a novelty of the 9/11 attacks. Trump was just talking about commonly understood tropes of the time.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 25th August 2020 at 10:06 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 10:27 AM   #21
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
He lied that he predicted Osama bin Laden’s 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center, Liar
Not that I've put anything into looking into it, but I don't the Trump ever made the claim he predicted the attack.

The thing is, after the first failed attempt, a second one was inevitable. Everyone *knew* it was going to happen again, but nobody had the *how* or *when* which would be an important part of a prediction.
Old 25th August 2020, 10:29 AM   #22
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Seems that Trump's comments about mini nukes or canisters of Anthrax shows a lack of knowledge of the future.

No mini nukes have been used in terrorism. Anthrax attacks were low tech, just powder deposited in mailing envelopes, and were extremely targeted and did not "devastate" any major cities.

No mention of using hijacked airlines as a weapon, which was a novelty of the 9/11 attacks. Trump was just talking about commonly understood tropes of the time.
Nor any creativity. You wouldn't need to make the fusion happen either. Just standard bomb with radioactive material. A dirty bomb would probably do just as much damage or more.

Not doing any research on this computer about that.
Old 25th August 2020, 11:08 AM   #23
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

broke clock, no hands

Not that I've put anything into looking into it, but I don't the Trump ever made the claim he predicted the attack.

The thing is, after the first failed attempt, a second one was inevitable. Everyone *knew* it was going to happen again, but nobody had the *how* or *when* which would be an important part of a prediction.
He claims things all the time, he is the supreme BS artist of the ages...

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-polit...ens-911-attack

The never ending clownstick show of woo, continues, and he predicted, what is it up to now, 27 times, the coronavirus would go away...

Like conspiracy theorists, the president as a broke clock could be right twice a day, if he had hands
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 12:14 PM   #24
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
He claims things all the time, he is the supreme BS artist of the ages...

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-polit...ens-911-attack

The never ending clownstick show of woo, continues, and he predicted, what is it up to now, 27 times, the coronavirus would go away...

Like conspiracy theorists, the president as a broke clock could be right twice a day, if he had hands
Sorry, the claim is not that he predicted 9/11, or any other attack. The statement:

Quote:
Trump added that people said to him, ”‘You predicted that Osama Bin Laden had to be killed, before he knocked down the World Trade Center.’ It’s true.”
Isn't a prediction of the specific attack, just that OBL should have been dealt with. Which doesn't appear to be true, but it's still a far cry, and an uncharitable reading, of what he actually said. The "it's true" part, relates to the killing, and not the towers.

While it does not appear that he directly stated that we should end OBL, I think he was strongly implying it when he talked about missed opportunities when we hit targets in the Sudan or Afghanistan.

He did "predict" another attack, by terrorists. But again, it's a worthless prediction with no times, targets, or specific actors. It's one that will never be wrong.
Old 25th August 2020, 12:46 PM   #25
Allen773
Graduate Poster

EVERYONE paying attention before 9/11 was predicting that Al Qaeda would continue to attack the US and its allies, and by 2000-2001 it was clear to many in the US government - specifically the CIA and FBI, but also in the NSC, and both Presidents Clinton and Bush - that bin Laden was “determined to strike in the US.” A lot of people were also saying that bin Laden needed to be killed, and everyone paying attention agreed with that or that at the very least, he should be sentenced to life in a SuperMax.

It was no secret that bin Laden and his friends were a clear threat to the United States and that more terrorist attacks were coming. Trump was echoing the pre-9/11 consensus here. Nothing groundbreaking at all.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2020, 02:00 PM   #26
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

How can a liar and an idiot do more than brag about it.

Proof of lies, making him an idiot
https://people.com/politics/donald-t...ath-2000-book/

Liar, idiot.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/u...n-mcraven.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...laden-66566713

Idiot in chief can't stop spreading BS and lies, dumbed down for his cult of gullible followers
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9173476.html

Fooling people into thinking he predicted 9/11
https://www.courthousenews.com/trump...rnative-facts/

The poor guy boasts on this subject after 9/11. Those boasts are not backed with a single reference to UBL in his 2000 book, and did not predict the UBL attack of 2001.

His book appears to be written by someone else who was stating the current overall threat assessment at the time based on multiple threats around the world, in the post USSR era, not new insights, but the standard stuff after the fall of the USSR.
Contrary to his recent boasts on Twitter and elsewhere, Trump’s single reference to bin Laden in the 2000 book did not “predict” the bin Laden-led attack of 2001.

Last edited by beachnut; 25th August 2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:52 PM   #27
Venom
Illuminator

geggy do you acknowledge that OBL and his crew were responsible for the 9/11 attacks?
Trump seems to.

Your posting history shows you throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. You allude to competing Truther narratives. One day it's a cover up. The next day it's an attack on NIST's credibility or the improbability of the hijackers carrying out the operation at all.

It reminds me of the truthers in a Facebook group I'm in who pretend they don't see the others' narrative or conflicting arguments. But you're doing it all by yourself.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories