IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Robert Menard

Old 8th December 2020, 09:22 PM   #1
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby Menard plays lawyer again. . .

Quote below from Menard's Facebook page.

I suspect Bobby has had some contact with the Law Society of New Brunswick warning him not to play lawyer. If you recall little Bobby got in hot water for doing just that back in 2005 and was ordered by the courts to stop doing so.

Mr. Kinley is the Senior Policy Advisor for the New Brunswick Department of Health and probably has authority over whatever action was taken against "Lisa" regarding her pet or animal.

As you see in the bolded section Bobby has a couple of new enterprises . . .a proposed new animal protection society in New Brunswick and a legal app which he'll sell for $50.

Quote:
Dear Mr Kinley,
I have spoken with Lisa and expressed to her that due to my respect for the law I will not be able to help her with this. I only wish your clients acted with a similar respect for the law.

As she has not been able to find any lawyer in Bathurst, Moncton or Fredericton to help her with this, and she is not trained or studied in the law, I am teaching her what I know about how an affidavit is crafted and what should be included. I will not be preparing her affidavit for her but will help her to prepare her own. I trust you will not have any issue with this. After all, one of the stated objects of the Law Society Act is in part to preserve and protect the rights and freedoms of all persons, and as she has a right to justice, the right of association and the right to speak with me or others concerning this matter I do not see it as a contravention of the Act. I would like to assure you that even though I am not in the jurisdiction of the Province, I will seek to respect the spirit and letter of the law. However, necessity is raising its head here.

As another stated object of the Act is to uphold and protect the public interest in the administration of justice, I also do not think the following actions are contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada, or the Law Society Act of New Brunswick, especially when I am not even in the jurisdiction of that Province.

~ Doing a podcast concerning this matter, and the way in which the NB SPCA has acted against Lisa, and all the evidence of bad faith I have uncovered.

~ Using that podcast to teach the people of New Brunswick about their rights and freedoms when dealing with peace officers, such as Animal Protection Officers.

~ Using that podcast to teach people about the duties and obligations of peace officers to have an articulable and reasonable grounds to act, and how to ask for it at the moment of interaction.

~ Using that podcast to explain how peace officers such as NB SPCA Animal Protection Officers have a duty to act in good faith, and what constitutes bad faith.

~ How to establish a reasonable apprehension of bias. (That may be a separate podcast)

~ I will also be within my rights to establish a new charitable organization operating across Canada called “The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty and Fascism” and advertising that organization far and wide. Once established, I think we could bring some competition to the NB SPCA, and provide similar services without the unfounded belief that our Animal Protection Officers are above the law. (I already have some posters in mind, which will without straying into the area of defamation, shine an ugly light on your client.) As a matter of fact, I can see how every member of our organization would in fact be employed as animal protection officers, with the powers to act as peace officers. Certainly, the public must have the right to employ peace officers to preserve and maintain the public peace, and a private organization such as I envision will be able to self regulate.

~ I am also confident that I am within my rights and exercising my freedom to write a nice newspaper article, which shines a light on the NB SPCA and how they think they are above the law, are a private organization not covered by the Freedom of Information and Privacy Rights Act, and yet still receive government funding in the form of a grant. I can then engage in a lawful campaign to have members of the public contact their representatives to deny that funding. I also know someone who has just launched a new monthly publication, which he intends to have in Atlantic Canada within the next month or two. He has asked me to write an article about this issue for that first issue.

~Finally, I have been speaking with a very wealthy and well-connected investor friend of mine, who made a mint investing in A.I. I shared with him the idea for an app, which would allow a self-represented litigant such as Lisa, to be able to plug in relevant information, and would then bring to them all the relevant Acts and Regulations and past rulings, connect her with a lawyer for a small fee, and then after searching for the relevant cases and citations would develop a logic tree for the questions that need to be asked in court to either establish reasonable doubt, a preponderance of the evidence, or as in this case, a reasonable apprehension of bias. He was so enthused he immediately spoke with his team of software engineers, they said their AI was ideal for such a task, and then he spoke with his group of investors and they are all very very interested. As his team is somewhere in Eastern Europe, I have a web conference with them at 2AM today.

This is so exciting for me! Can you imagine what happens when by using this App, Lisa, who does not even have her high school diploma, goes into court and wins resoundingly against your law firm, and secures a sizeable judgment against your clients? That would be newsworthy and would start the process which would inevitably lead to the end of the stranglehold the law societies of this country have over our justice systems. I think we would be able to sell many copies of that app for about $50 each. Especially if they help do ancillary things like craft a will, craft affidavits, fight parking tickets, and serve justice generally. Should be exciting times.

Finally, although I am not offering legal advice, and certainly not making threats against a justice system participant, I am offering free fortune-telling services. Here is my free reading. If Lisa is not treated fairly, and recompensed for the past unfair treatment, and does not get what she is owed, your client and your firm will regret it very deeply. Eventually. That is what I see in my tea leaves.

Kindest regards, and without malice aforethought, ill will, vexation or frivolity,
Robert Arthur Menard.
PS- And justice for all.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Leftus
Master Poster

If I got it correctly, he, or rather someone else, is going to build a search engine, charge 50 bucks, and connect you to a lawyer that you don't need as the engine is going to build such an iron clad case that the justice system will tremble before him?

You are under arrest!
I've got the Menard App!
Crap, ok, you are free to go.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 08:57 AM   #3
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
If I got it correctly, he, or rather someone else, is going to build a search engine, charge 50 bucks, and connect you to a lawyer that you don't need as the engine is going to build such an iron clad case that the justice system will tremble before him?

You are under arrest!
I've got the Menard App!
Crap, ok, you are free to go.
I missed the part where he involves any accredited legal advice let alone puts one in contact with a lawyer.
But, much like Bobby and the actual law... I only skimmed the post.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 09:07 AM   #4
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Well, I for one welcome our Geographically-Vague Eastern European Overlords!
Old 9th December 2020, 11:22 AM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I keep wondering if perhaps the only joy Mr. Menard gets in life is seeing his name on this forum!
Old 9th December 2020, 11:30 AM   #6
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, I for one welcome our Geographically-Vague Eastern European Overlords!
Stealing another step from the great Trump Administration I see.
We got there first... Bobby can take a seat.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 12:12 PM   #7
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I missed the part where he involves any accredited legal advice let alone puts one in contact with a lawyer.
But, much like Bobby and the actual law... I only skimmed the post.
It's right before "for a small fee."

So the fee structure is, I imagine:

Pay for app.
Pay to get a real lawyer.
Lawyer pays for being listed.

Seems like it's going to be an all in one app, that does everything but show up in court for you. It's both a dessert topping, AND a floor polish. It will : do ancillary things like craft a will, craft affidavits, fight parking tickets, Julienne fries. At 50 bucks, plus minor add on charges for those ancillary things, Menard is going to beat the system!

Last edited by Leftus; 9th December 2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: correcting the quote.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 12:23 PM   #8
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

It's right before "for a small fee."

So the fee structure is, I imagine:

Pay for app.
Pay to get a real lawyer.
Lawyer pays for being listed.

Seems like it's going to be an all in one app, that does everything but show up in court for you. It's both a dessert topping, AND a floor polish. It will : do ancillary things like craft a will, craft affidavits, fight parking tickets, Julienne fries. At 50 bucks, plus minor add on charges for those ancillary things, Menard is going to beat the system!
Ooohhh... Shimmer-y.

Old 9th December 2020, 12:25 PM   #9
Hans
Philosopher

Hey do a poll so we can predict how long this fantasy will last before it fades away like all of his other ones
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 12:26 PM   #10
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hey do a poll so we can predict how long this fantasy will last before it fades away like all of his other ones
I've never paid Bobby any real attention.
He's been at these awhile... what's the o/u?

Old 9th December 2020, 12:53 PM   #11
arayder
Graduate Poster

My guess is that Bobby has been handing out legal advice in private for years.

Hoping to maintain his self-assigned status as a "***** disturber" he now wants to tweak the noses of the Canadian Law Societies over advice given on an animal abuse/neglect case.

Look out world here comes Fez Boy!

Or maybe he's just hoping Lisa will take it out in trade?

The thing about his uber-rich friend wanting to invest in his app is pure Bobby.

Last edited by Darat; 12th December 2020 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Removed partially masked naughty word
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 01:01 PM   #12
Leftus
Master Poster

But he is just the idea man, to some unnamed, yet super wealthy Eastern European AI guru. If it fails, it's this unnamed fellows fault. Who absolutely exists. No question. Totally legit.
Old 9th December 2020, 01:04 PM   #13
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Do I want to know what Lisa's case is?
With Bobby, I honestly expect not. Any non-disturbing recap?

Old 9th December 2020, 01:09 PM   #14
arayder
Graduate Poster

But he is just the idea man, to some unnamed, yet super wealthy Eastern European AI guru. If it fails, it's this unnamed fellows fault. Who absolutely exists. No question. Totally legit.
Exactly. Bobby always has some reason why the venture failed.
Old 9th December 2020, 01:11 PM   #15
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Exactly. Bobby always has some reason why the venture failed.
"Constitutional Law" ?

Old 9th December 2020, 01:36 PM   #16
fromdownunder
Philosopher

The thing about his uber-rich friend wanting to invest in his app is pure Bobby.

His uber-rich friend actually became rich by cracking the birth code using Bobby's famous "how to claim your birth contract money" formula and managed to extract all the money the Government owed him from the Corporate Wealth. The last time I looked it was about $4 Billion. That's how he became rich, and he said "Thanks Bobby - I owe you one".

...and here we are.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 03:31 PM   #17
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
His uber-rich friend actually became rich by cracking the birth code using Bobby's famous "how to claim your birth contract money" formula and managed to extract all the money the Government owed him from the Corporate Wealth. The last time I looked it was about $4 Billion. That's how he became rich, and he said "Thanks Bobby - I owe you one".

...and here we are.

Norm
When Bobby is desperate to impress he invents friends, colleagues and acquaintances who are rich and/or in the know.

He's gone so far as to pretend that his sister, who is a government lawyer, backs his freeman theories of law.

The ruse is applied in an attempt to fool the gullible into believing that Bobby has a winning legal strategy or a worthwhile investment. After all the un-named smart guy Bobby met at a barbecue, or has know for years is all gung-ho.

A ten year-old can lie better than Bobby.
Old 9th December 2020, 05:06 PM   #18
gmanontario
Muse

Finally the man revives his comedy career. I wonder if this is the same imaginary Real3D games investor. Forgive me but I just cant see a bum like Bobby getting access to any wealthy people. They got that way by staying away from people like him.
More fantasy and puffery from a failure in everything hes tried. I'm almost feeling sorry for him. Almost.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2020, 11:34 PM   #19
arayder
Graduate Poster

Menard doesn't care what we say or do until we get in the way of his con. Then he gets livid.

Bobby's first move it to identify victims. . .people desperately seeking to get out from under some sort of legal trouble. Then he tries to create empathy and rapport with the freeman wannabes thus lying the emotional foundation that is set before the scheme is proposed or anything set in motion.

All the phony legal mumbo jumbo is the logic and persuasion phase that leads the victim into the con. Then he tries to show the victim the way it will work to their benefit and phonies up the show of actual profits or benefits. That's what all the "rich friends" talk is about.

Back in 2008 when he got busted for playing lawyer Bobby was caught flat out lying to potential clients about the usefulness of his methods.

By the time things begin to look bad Bobby's victims often are so emotionally invested that they persuade themselves they were never fooled and they may even choose to up their involvement in the scheme.

Often Menard may not even need to convince his marks to stay quiet since they are more likely than not to do that themselves.

But over the years Moose Head Boy didn't always run the con well and there have been enough people who eventually realized they'd been conned and have spoken up.

Last edited by arayder; 9th December 2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10th December 2020, 09:50 AM   #20
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I've never paid Bobby any real attention.
He's been at these awhile... what's the o/u?
Assuming he needs to keep the grift going, he can dine out on this one for years:

Still programming.
Someone quit, took the code. (we are suing)
We've got a closed beta.
We've submitted it to the App store. (pre-order now!)
App store refused; appealing.
Appeal denied. (we are suing)
Resubmitted. Rinse and repeat.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:14 AM   #21
gmanontario
Muse

Assuming he needs to keep the grift going, he can dine out on this one for years:

Still programming.
Someone quit, took the code. (we are suing)
We've got a closed beta.
We've submitted it to the App store. (pre-order now!)
App store refused; appealing.
Appeal denied. (we are suing)
Resubmitted. Rinse and repeat.
You're assuming he ever gets that far. It'll be much easier to pretend the app exists and then make up crap about the app store refusing it, all the while never showing proof.
Why do the work if you are a grifter who really doesn't think too far ahead?

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:36 AM   #22
arayder
Graduate Poster

Menard's problem is the when a few bucks roll in he gets full of Moose Heads and gets careless about who he grifts.

Back in the early 2000's he was really careless and conned clients who hadn't drank the Kool-Aide later complained. He even tried to sell his legal services to a private investigator who was working for the Law Society and had called him out of the blue. See: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...r#post13210220

His Canadian Association of Consumer Purchases (ACCP) scan got outed when one of the prospective marks got wise and posted all the communications from the ACCP private Facebook group.

Since then he's had to spent a great deal of time screening his marks so he does take a
Edited by Darat:  Breach of rule 10 removed. Please see Rule 10 of your Membership Agreement
in his own mess kit again.

----------------

Canada Fraud Protection

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/...eng/04339.html

Last edited by Darat; 12th December 2020 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:38 AM   #23
Leftus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
You're assuming he ever gets that far. It'll be much easier to pretend the app exists and then make up crap about the app store refusing it, all the while never showing proof.
Why do the work if you are a grifter who really doesn't think too far ahead?
I was unclear, those can be enough excuses to keep the grift going without ever having to show a single line of code.

You can even have a few go fund me for some of those stages. Lawsuits are expensive, send money.

Toss in a few "we lost the password" or "computer crashes" and you can extend the grift for any number of years. A few fake accounts to post how well the beta app works, honestly it's very little work to keep the balls in the air.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:56 AM   #24
gmanontario
Muse

I was unclear, those can be enough excuses to keep the grift going without ever having to show a single line of code.

You can even have a few go fund me for some of those stages. Lawsuits are expensive, send money.

Toss in a few "we lost the password" or "computer crashes" and you can extend the grift for any number of years. A few fake accounts to post how well the beta app works, honestly it's very little work to keep the balls in the air.
You just gave Bobby a game plan.

The last gofundme was a disaster though. I almost donated because I felt bad for him. Almost. I might have had he not sent me email after email about Real3D games through LinkedIn.
Bobby must be getting close to 65 and CPP (Canada Pension Plan). I wonder if he'll refuse to take it. I hope so because that'll be more for me.

So Bobby is reduced to shilling crap again and me, a hard worker and saver my whole life owns a house outright, no debt at all, raised 4 kids that were definitely mine, until this year went on cruises all over the world and I can visit the USA whenever I want except for the pandemic now. Who has done better? Who has never taken money without earning it? I feel sorry when the day comes he won't be able to sweet talk people into supporting him. It'll be a rude awakening.

Red Green
Old 10th December 2020, 12:02 PM   #25
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Bobby must be getting close to 65 and CPP (Canada Pension Plan). I wonder if he'll refuse to take it. I hope so because that'll be more for me.

Oh come on, you know the answer to that. Fiat money is fake, valueless, utterly worthless, ties you to perpetual slavery, and is fake, right up until it ends up in the Freeman's wallet.
Old 10th December 2020, 12:07 PM   #26
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Oh come on, you know the answer to that. Fiat money is fake, valueless, utterly worthless, ties you to perpetual slavery, and is fake, right up until it ends up in the Freeman's wallet.
You're right. I was hangry and now that lunch is over, I feel more better. Funny enough, the delivery guy took fiat money. Amazing.

Red Green
Old 10th December 2020, 12:22 PM   #27
Leftus
Master Poster

You just gave Bobby a game plan.

The last gofundme was a disaster though. I almost donated because I felt bad for him. Almost. I might have had he not sent me email after email about Real3D games through LinkedIn.

So Bobby is reduced to shilling crap again and me, a hard worker and saver my whole life owns a house outright, no debt at all, raised 4 kids that were definitely mine, until this year went on cruises all over the world and I can visit the USA whenever I want except for the pandemic now. Who has done better? Who has never taken money without earning it? I feel sorry when the day comes he won't be able to sweet talk people into supporting him. It'll be a rude awakening.
But if he does follow it, then I laid it out first, so anyone who somehow thinks he is on the level, might reconsider. Then again, if they haven't figured him out by now, there just might not be any hope.
Old 10th December 2020, 12:36 PM   #28
arayder
Graduate Poster

What Leftus described has always been Bobby's game plan.

Bobby's got lame excuses and lies in his hip pocket we haven't even begun to contemplate.
Old 10th December 2020, 01:39 PM   #29
gmanontario
Muse

Bobby's got lame excuses and lies in his hip pocket we haven't even begun to contemplate.
Now that sounds like a challenge.

Red Green
Old 10th December 2020, 06:08 PM   #30
arayder
Graduate Poster

Now that sounds like a challenge.
The overriding lie is the implied promise made by Menard that he is going to see any project or product through to completion.

In the end investors and early adopters get nothing for their money. Not unless you count having a load of freeman BS repeated back to you as something.
Old 10th December 2020, 07:01 PM   #31
gmanontario
Muse

The overriding lie is the implied promise made by Menard that he is going to see any project or product through to completion.

In the end investors and early adopters get nothing for their money. Not unless you count having a load of freeman BS repeated back to you as something.
A friend of mine in Edmonton almost fell for the Freeman Valley scam. He and his family are outdoorsy types who at the time wanted their own place in the country. I had him Google Bobby and he did use his common sense and passed. They do have their own acreage in Edson now and it's nice. Too remote for me as I am a city boy but a nice place to visit.
Bobby preys on the weak and desperate only.

Red Green
Old 11th December 2020, 05:23 PM   #32
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I'll not sit idly by while you disparage the inherent value of Authentic Frontier Gibberish!
Old 12th December 2020, 05:55 AM   #33
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby writes another letter! See the bolded sections.

As usual Bobby claims the law doesn't apply to him and he indends to represent Lisa Chamberlain in court. Too bad for him the Law Society is already on to him.

Quote:
Friday, December 11, 2020
Dear Andrew Kinley
I would like to start by apologizing for the tone of my last letter. On rereading it I found it a little ‘pokey’ and felt perhaps I had expressed myself without respect to the dignity you deserve. If my words caused you to feel I denied you dignity, I sincerely apologize and promise to endeavour to do better in the future. I think I probably felt dishonoured myself, and that is why I had my hackles up, so to speak.

I have a little bit of experience in helping resolve conflicts, and have found that just about all conflicts are a result of one party feeling they have been denied dignity they felt was due. We will call them the first party. Often the second party has no idea the first party felt a denial of dignity. They (the first party) will then respond aggressively to the second party, and being unaware of the denial of dignity felt by the first party, the second party will feel they were the first denied dignity. Now suddenly we have two parties in conflict, both feeling the other initiated the conflict by denying due dignity. I guess I felt I was denied due dignity, for no other reason than I am not a member of the Law Society.
I have also found that most conflicts can begin to find resolution the moment either party sees there is at least an attempt to provide the previously expected due dignity.

You mentioned in previous correspondence that the Law Society Act restricted Lisa from employing me to act as her agent. You also expressed that you would if necessary inform the appropriate authorities of my actions. I took that as a threat. I do not like threats very much, if at all, and am instinctively inclined to deal with them immediately. Towards that end I have crafted a letter for these ‘authorities’ and intend to send them all a copy concerning this issue. I would like to know exactly which authorities you would have felt comfortable reporting me to, so I can be sure to include them. So far I have identified as possible authorities who would be interested in this issue as the Premier of the Province, The Chief Justice of New Brunswick, The President and Executive Director of the Law Society of New Brunswick, The Chief Crown Prosecutor, The Attorney General of New Brunswick, all manner of journalist and radio broadcasters, and the public generally. If you have any other ‘authorities’ you would like to be informed of my actions, please let me know as soon as possible. I will inform them myself of my actions, and my reasons for acting.

Last night I was awoken by an epiphany, and decide to look up on Canlii the Law Society Act to which you had previously referred, to see if I was correct in my beliefs. I could not find an Act titled that anywhere. Imagine my surprise when I finally found the Act to which you had referred and found it was actually titled ‘An Act Respecting The Law Society Of New Brunswick”. My epiphany was that this Act was not generally applicable to those who are not members of the Law Society. What if this Act was what we the public could use to restrict the Law Society, and not designed to be used by the Law Society to control the public? And here I find evidence of that right in the title. Just to be sure we are on the same page, the term ‘respecting’ means ‘in regard to’, or ‘concerning’. It caused me to ask a question: what if this Act is only applicable to members of the Law Society, and is not generally applicable to the general public, and neither you nor anyone else has the right to point to it to stop one member of the public from acting as a lawful agent for another member of the public, either in court or out? What if its applicability is quite limited to the Law Society itself? After all, we find evidence supporting that position right in the title of the Act!

I then looked at the section dealing with the object (or purposes) of the Society covered by that Act, and found the following.

The stated object and duty of the Society are as follows:
to uphold and protect the public interest in the administration of justice
to preserve and maintain the rights of all persons
to ensure the independence, integrity and honour of its members
to establish standards for the education, professional responsibility and competence of its members and applicants for membership,
to regulate the legal profession, and,
subject to paragraphs (a) to (d) to uphold and protect the interests of its members

In the absence of this Act, no one would have anything to which they could point to claim that Lisa could not employ me to act as her agent, or to do any of the things which you claim constitute practicing law. Those would be considered rights. Certainly this Act does not restrict the ‘upholding and protecting of the public interest in the administration of justice’ to the exclusive domain of the Law Society. Nor can that Society claim that they and only they can act to preserve and maintain the rights of all persons. That would be a ludicrous position.

Thus, when interpreting this Act and seeking to determine whether it can be used to stop a member of the public from acting as an agent for another member of the public, the title itself tells us that this Act is not in regards to them at all, but is only respecting the Law Society of New Brunswick. It is not (going by the title) applicable to those who are not members of that Society. It certainly is not designed to allow the Law Society to remove our rights.

Realize that in the absence of that Act, there would be nothing anyone could point to which would justify removing Lisa’s right to have me act as her agent. Since the right to choose anyone to act as an agent, champion, advocate or counsellor existed prior to this Act, and this Act cannot be used to remove existing rights, the only way to properly interpret this Act is to do so without denying her the right to choose me as an agent. Your interpretation removes her rights, and thus offends one of the stated objects of the Society itself.

That brings me to the term ‘uphold and protect the public interest in the administration of justice’. Clearly, out of all the available definitions of the word ‘interest’ the one we are dealing with here is ‘a stake, share or involvement in an undertaking’. We have a stake in the administration of justice, and no interpretation of this Act can allow for a diminishment of that stake.
Your interpretation does not maintain and preserve the rights of all persons, but erodes and denies certain key ones. Your interpretation does not uphold and protect the public interest in the administration of justice, but claims a monopoly on upholding and protecting that interest.

Now the questions become who is right and how do we determine the correct interpretation? The idea of using the existing courts which are seemingly hijacked by the Law Society, and manned with judges all of whom were once and possible future members of the Law Society will not allow justice to be seen to be done. The reasonable apprehension of bias is simply too large.

Luckily the law is all about remedy and I see a path that will allow that to be accomplished. We can determine this by convening a grand jury, operated by the public themselves. Their interest and stake in the administration of justice certainly justifies this action. Therein I will argue my position, and the Law Society can argue theirs. If their interpretation is superior, I trust that grand jury to find in their favour and will accept that ruling. I wonder if the Law Society will agree to that? If not it really does not matter, for the question will be ‘will a judge accept that finding?’ Personally, I think any judge who refuses to do so is on a fast track to retirement for it will completely erode the publics faith and confidence in the justice system and the administration of justice.

It is my intention to represent Lisa in court, and I believe quite strongly she has the right to have me do so if she so wishes. I strongly believe the Act titled “An Act Respecting the Law Society of New Brunswick” is an Act respecting only the Law Society of New Brunswick, and does not remove her previously existing rights, and I am compelled to act by the need to preserve and maintain her rights.

You should be aware of a few things. I hope I do not come off as pokey or arrogant, but I know a little about conflict and its resolution. (After all, I grew up with six sisters and served in the army as an Infantry soldier.) And when I am engaged to act for someone as I am with Lisa, it is not for money. It is because I am usually their last resort, and with no one else to turn to, their pleas awaken my detest for bullying, abuse of authority and general injustice, and I become driven by my faith. Would you like to know what she told me, with a near tearful voice which broke my heart? She asked me if I can’t just get them to treat her fairly. That is all she has ever wanted. To be treated fairly. And her disability (she is on the spectrum) which manifests as a severe distrust of and opposition to authority, is often seen as an attack by those with a mandate to exercise authority and used by them to justify abusing their authority to ‘teach her a lesson about who is in charge’ which just increases her level fo distrust. Her expressing that distrust is often viewed by those with authority as ‘aggression’.''
It is unfortunate that you could not have simply treated me with the respect and dignity you would have afforded a member of your Law Society. I think we may have gotten along, and when you had all the facts, you would have helped find a resolution to this issue, without needing to beat up Lisa on behalf of your client. I think they both would have benefited. But now I have to go rein in the Law Society, and then get back to you within an adversarial relationship. It truly is unfortunate when all we really had to do was communicate with respect, and you simply refused to do so.

If this issue ends up going to court, the first step will be a demand for a voir dire, to determine her right to appoint an agent or attorney of her choosing. Part of the evidence presented will be the finding of a grand jury.

In closing, please provide me with the names, addresses and roles of any ‘authorities’ you would have reported me to, assuming they are not already mentioned.

Sincerely and without malice aforethought, ill will, vexation or frivolity,
I AM
Robert Artur Menard
Acting as Agent for Lisa Chamberlain,
to preserve and maintain her rights.

Last edited by arayder; 12th December 2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12th December 2020, 10:43 AM   #34
Leftus
Master Poster

As usual Bobby claims the law doesn't apply to him and he indends to represent Lisa Chamberlain in court. Too bad for him the Law Society is already on to him.
Wow. He uses legal words such as voir dire, but in a context that is foreign to me. Here in the lower 48, the voir dire is questions asked of a jury, but after a quick google it's used differently in America's Hat. He still seems to be using it incorrectly, and another search on a grand jury has a few issues. Grand Juries in Canada aren't legally recognized, and were abolished in 1984. The Canada Grand Jury is, hold your hats, Freeman nonsense. So he is going to introduce freeman nonsense in a real court, telling them what the laws is and how they aren't the boss of him, which always goes well.

Edit - He misspelled his own middle name. Such attention to detail.

Last edited by Leftus; 12th December 2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12th December 2020, 11:01 AM   #35
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby’s client, Lisa Chamberlain, is a dog breeder in Bathurst, New Brunswick with a bad reputation. She had legal troubles in 2016 involving her selling puppies with the parvovirus. As near as I can tell the case was dismissed when she cleaned up her operation. She goes by different names like Lisa Chiasson and Tanya White.

Facebook is full of complaints, many recent, about her breeding service.. . .not returning calls, failing to deliver paid for puppies and selling sick and/or aggressive puppies. My guess is that the public health authorities have lost patience with her.

I strongly suspect that Bobby has secretly continued in the “legal advice” business for years. I think he’s been preying on people having problems with provincial and local governments over things like building codes, business regulations, public health rules and the like.

Bobby knows the various Law Societies in Canada are aware of the 2008 ordering him to stop playing lawyer so he rarely makes his activities public. Why he did so this time is a mystery. He knows full well he’s going to get turned in if he goes public.

It's possible Lisa Chamberlain really thought she had a gem in Bobby and foolishly threw his name at the public health authorities in the hopes they’d back off.

Last edited by arayder; 12th December 2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12th December 2020, 11:06 AM   #36
arayder
Graduate Poster

Wow. He uses legal words such as voir dire, but in a context that is foreign to me. Here in the lower 48, the voir dire is questions asked of a jury, but after a quick google it's used differently in America's Hat. He still seems to be using it incorrectly, and another search on a grand jury has a few issues. Grand Juries in Canada aren't legally recognized, and were abolished in 1984. The Canada Grand Jury is, hold your hats, Freeman nonsense. So he is going to introduce freeman nonsense in a real court, telling them what the laws is and how they aren't the boss of him, which always goes well.

Edit - He misspelled his own middle name. Such attention to detail.
Using legal terms makes the marks think they are getting a good deal.
Old 12th December 2020, 11:36 AM   #37
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

I'm sure the Canadian courts will be very impressed with his argument that the Act doesn't prevent him from acting as a lawyer.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 11:55 AM   #38
gmanontario
Muse

Huh. My brother in law who retired as an assistant AG here in Ontario had a good laugh at his request (threat?) of voir dire. It'll get tossed as will Bobby. The court will not recognize his definitions of legal terms just because.
Bobby is the one person I can think of with more fail than Trump in court. I wonder how much fail costs in Bobby's fee schedule.
My BIL started out as a prosecutor in Nova Scotia too in the early 80s.

Red Green
Old 12th December 2020, 12:04 PM   #39
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Hey Menard is no worse a lawyer then Trump's legal team....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 03:04 PM   #40
arayder
Graduate Poster

When Bobby got busted for playing lawyer in 2008 he made it easy by misrepresenting himself and his abilities to a private investigator working for the law society.

This time Bobby is making it even easier by admitting in writiting what he's doing.

How many Moose Heads does it take to get that stupid?

Last edited by arayder; 12th December 2020 at 04:03 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories