IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Robert Menard

Old 12th December 2020, 03:43 PM   #41
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
When Bobby got busted for playing lawyer in 2008 he made it easy by misrepresenting himself and his abilities to a private investigator working for the law society.

This time Bobby is making it even easier by admitting in writiting what he's doing.

How many Moose Heads does it take to get that sstupid?
Not many apparently. Combined with excessive weed I think his brain cells are waving white flags now.
He had a start on becoming stupid a long time ago.
Hi Bobby!

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 06:44 AM   #42
arayder
Graduate Poster

Just like we never heard what happened with freedom valley, the ACCP, the peace officer thing, the Ninja Goat or any of Menard's other projects we'll probably never hear what happened to the poor gullible Lisa Chamberlain.

In Bobby's first letter we saw that Lisa couldn't get a lawyer to represent her in court. My guess is that she got some free advice from one or two that went something like, "Why don't you just clean up your puppy mill and keep it clean?".

Of course, 20 years ago somebody probably asked Bobby, "Why don't you just go to law school?".
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 12:06 PM   #43
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Hey Menard is no worse a lawyer then Trump's legal team....
Oh, Bobby's bad. From his Facebook page:

Quote:
Robert Menard In a common law jurisdiction such as Canada people who give orders are liable for bills. What if everyone who is subject to these health orders suddenly remembered that they had the power to issue bills for filling the orders? Just because an act gives a Health officer the power to give an order does not mean that there have been given freedom from liability for the bills those orders can generate.
Bubbling Bobby has developed his own convenient mis-understanding of an order, a rule, mandate, command or direction made by a court or other authority.

Out of ignorance (or maybe purposefully) Bubble Boy confuses an “order” with a “purchase order” the latter being a legally binding commercial document in which the purchaser is expected to meet payment terms.

In the context of the conversation ongoing at his Facebook page he’s telling his remaining minions that health officials who “order” them to wear a mask can be billed the same way old style sovcits used to bill the courts for interacting with them.

The Menardupes are giddy.

But one suspects Bobby has gotten into mangling the meaning of an “order” because, back in 2008, he was ordered by the courts to stop playing lawyer. Could it be that Bobby has been forcefully reminded of that order by the courts and needs some legal mumbo-jumbo he can use to make it seem he has the high powered legal mind he pretends?

Last edited by arayder; 14th December 2020 at 12:09 PM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 12:26 PM   #44
gmanontario
Muse

Bubbling Bobby has developed his own convenient mis-understanding of an order, a rule, mandate, command or direction made by a court or other authority.

Out of ignorance (or maybe purposefully) Bubble Boy confuses an “order” with a “purchase order” the latter being a legally binding commercial document in which the purchaser is expected to meet payment terms.

In the context of the conversation ongoing at his Facebook page he’s telling his remaining minions that health officials who “order” them to wear a mask can be billed the same way old style sovcits used to bill the courts for interacting with them.

But one suspects Bobby has gotten into mangling the meaning of an “order” because, back in 2008, he was ordered by the courts to stop playing lawyer. Could it be that Bobby has been forcefully reminded of that order by the courts and needs some legal mumbo-jumbo he can use to make it seem he has the high powered legal mind he pretends?
The Menard goofs can issue all the Bill's they want. It a given that whoever gets them will chuckle and trash it.

I wonder how they would feel if they were issued Bill's for services rendered by the welfare authorities?

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 12:49 PM   #45
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby got ordered by the court to stop playing lawyer and he came up with some face-saving natural person mumbo-jumbo in the hopes he won't look like a fool in the freeman subculture.

He got arrested in Toronto for impersonating a peace officer, fled the province and then tried to tell the Menardupes that the courts didn't have jurisdiction over him in the first place.

The public health authorities and the Law Society of New Brunswick are both on his case now. At this point all Bobby knows to do is pile some more hokum on and hope the freeman wannabes don't realize he's faking it.

Last edited by arayder; 14th December 2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 14th December 2020, 02:05 PM   #46
Leftus
Master Poster

I wonder if "following the dictates of the health officials" was previously covered in his fee schedule.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:11 PM   #47
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
I wonder if "following the dictates of the health officials" was previously covered in his fee schedule.
Good question.

But the reality is nowadays Bobby just talks about this sort of thing in the hopes of being thought of as a guru in what's left of the freeman subculture.

His two whiney letters to the public health officials in New Brunswick were full of I'd-be-well-within-my-rights-to statements and calls to treat his client, Lisa Chamberlain, with respect. He even tries to deny that he's giving the poor woman legal advice.

It's clear that Bobby's been neutered by the man.

He used to stand up in court wearing his little fez and jabber away. Now he walks on egg shells in the hopes some middle level bureaucrat doesn't get the idea that he's violating the 2008 court order.

Now he has to worry that one of the chumps he gives legal advice to ends up giving him away to the authorities. . ."Menard said it was all perfectly legal, eh! I didn't know. It sounded good."
Old 15th December 2020, 05:02 PM   #48
Leftus
Master Poster

As wrong as he is, is what he is offering really legal advice?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 07:31 PM   #49
arayder
Graduate Poster

As wrong as he is, is what he is offering really legal advice?
The court order* says:

Quote:
THIS COURT ORDERS THAT the Respondent, Robert Arthur Menard, until such time as he becomes a member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia, be permanently prohibited and enjoined from:
(a) appearing as counsel or advocate;
(b) drawing, revising or settling a document for use in a proceeding, judicial or extra-judicial;
(c) drawing, revising or settling a will, deed of settlement, trust deed, power of atto ey or a document relating to a probate or letters of administration or the estate of a deceased person;
(d) drawing, revising or settling a document relating in any way to proceedings under a statute of Canada or British Columbia;
(e) doing any act or negotiating in any way for the settlement of, or settling, a claim or demand for damages; agreeing to place at the disposal of another person the services of a lawyer;
(g) giving legal advice;
(h) offering to or holding himself out in any way as being qualified or entitled to provide to a person the legal services set out in (a) through (g) above;
for or in the expectation of a fee, gain or reward direct or indirect, from the person for whom the acts are performed

*https://www.lawsociety.bc.ca/Website...Injunction.pdf
Old 18th December 2020, 07:53 AM   #50
Leftus
Master Poster

Well, since it wasn't signed, in red, at a 45 degree angle, with a notary, how is he expected to take it seriously? Clearly the courts need to be educated on how to make things official.
Old 18th December 2020, 11:11 AM   #51
arayder
Graduate Poster

Well, since it wasn't signed, in red, at a 45 degree angle, with a notary, how is he expected to take it seriously? Clearly the courts need to be educated on how to make things official.
All that sovcit stuff clogged the courts in the 1990's and the 2000's.

In his own way Bobby played the same game. At one point he admitted that all he really wanted to do was pester the courts. This is consistent with his self-titled label "disturber".

Bobby's problem was that he caused real harm to people who were misguided enough to pay for his services. Having admitted he wasn't interested in setting precedent and changing case law Bobby made it clear his clients were used just so he could get his yayas.

The reason Menard is such a small fish in what's left of the freeman/sovcit/poot subculture is that everybody caught on to his self serving games.
Old 18th December 2020, 11:46 AM   #52
Leftus
Master Poster

All that sovcit stuff clogged the courts in the 1990's and the 2000's.

In his own way Bobby played the same game. At one point he admitted that all he really wanted to do was pester the courts. This is consistent with his self-titled label "disturber".

Bobby's problem was that he caused real harm to people who were misguided enough to pay for his services. Having admitted he wasn't interested in setting precedent and changing case law Bobby made it clear his clients were used just so he could get his yayas.

The reason Menard is such a small fish in what's left of the freeman/sovcit/poot subculture is that everybody caught on to his self serving games.
I ran into my first in the wild Sov Cit, in I want to say 2010. He was dealing with 10K in penalties so I asked him, how did he let it get that far? Basically, he was behind the 8-ball and his wife had just been diagnosed with cancer. She was on the mend, but he was in a hole.

Yes, these people truly are monsters. Had this fellow just called in to make arrangements, he could have avoided all sorts of pain, but someone sold him a bill of goods and he got stuck with 2 5K penalties.

I also had a run in with Marc Stevens. He claimed that he was mistreated by a rep and made a complaint to TIGTA. It was unfounded of course, not sure why they were looking into it, but they did, so I had to get our recording of it. That he recorded without consent, but those rules don't apply to him, I guess.
Old 18th December 2020, 01:05 PM   #53
arayder
Graduate Poster

I ran into my first in the wild Sov Cit, in I want to say 2010. He was dealing with 10K in penalties so I asked him, how did he let it get that far? Basically, he was behind the 8-ball and his wife had just been diagnosed with cancer. She was on the mend, but he was in a hole.

Yes, these people truly are monsters. Had this fellow just called in to make arrangements, he could have avoided all sorts of pain, but someone sold him a bill of goods and he got stuck with 2 5K penalties.

I also had a run in with Marc Stevens. He claimed that he was mistreated by a rep and made a complaint to TIGTA. It was unfounded of course, not sure why they were looking into it, but they did, so I had to get our recording of it. That he recorded without consent, but those rules don't apply to him, I guess.
Wow! Marc Stevens.

I had an old friend who went down the rabbit hole years ago and it ruined him.
Old 19th December 2020, 11:53 PM   #54
arayder
Graduate Poster

For the record Bobby, my friend didn't go to jail. Myself and a few others helped him avoid a long term in the klink.

For the record I accepted your challenge to meet you "anytime, anywhere" (your words, not mine). While visiting family just a few miles from your location at the time I offered to met you and I even offered to provide the ID you insisted upon.

You backed out.

-------

Austtin Rayder <arayder*******.com>
To: Rob Menard

Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM

I am up here in Canada as promised. . .

. . .and I am very willing to accept your invitation to meet me anytime.

I have all the personal identification you have asked for and I am perfectly willing to show it to you when we meet.

Thanks again for invitation.

Austin Rayder

-----------

Your cowardly reply:

Robert Menard <robertmenard******com>
To: arayder*******.com

Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:06 PM

If you continue your harassment you will face legal action.

You have been warned.

------------

You never showed up, never took legal action. You never did anything. You never do.

Daddy was right about you.

Last edited by arayder; 19th December 2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 20th December 2020, 09:09 AM   #55
gmanontario
Muse

Typical Robbie. All talk no action and then get all snooty.
Might have been fun though having Robbie try to get you to show up to his court de jure. Do you think he realizes the difficulty in trying to get all legal on you under international rules? I think not.

Red Green
Old 20th December 2020, 10:11 AM   #56
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
Typical Robbie. All talk no action and then get all snooty.
Might have been fun though having Robbie try to get you to show up to his court de jure. Do you think he realizes the difficulty in trying to get all legal on you under international rules? I think not.
He went off on his Facebook page about this thread. . . .all about me "stalking" him and how, he says, I am a coward.

I figure his minions, should they care, might like to know that in a fit of temper he told everyone he'd meet me "anywhere, anytime". But when I showed up in his town and did everything short of sending a cab to his place so we could meet he chickened out.

Frequently the trouble with Bobby is what he doesn't talk about. I suspect his real problem right now is the Law Society of New Brunswick has closed in on him. I figure he's upset with me about turning him in but realizes he can't reveal to his admirers that some mere functionary at the Law Society shut him down with something not much more than a form letter.

Poor little Bobby.
Old 20th December 2020, 10:15 AM   #57
Hans
Philosopher

Poor little Bobby.
Indeed in both the monetary and emotion sense!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2020, 11:49 AM   #58
gmanontario
Muse

He went off on his Facebook page about this thread. . . .all about me "stalking" him and how, he says, I am a coward.

I figure his minions, should they care, might like to know that in a fit of temper he told everyone he'd meet me "anywhere, anytime". But when I showed up in his town and did everything short of sending a cab to his place so we could meet he chickened out.

Frequently the trouble with Bobby is what he doesn't talk about. I suspect his real problem right now is the Law Society of New Brunswick has closed in on him. I figure he's upset with me about turning him in but realizes he can't reveal to his admirers that some mere functionary at the Law Society shut him down with something not much more than a form letter.

Poor little Bobby.
Isnt it odd that he frequently describes those who call him out on his grifting as stalkers? The guy puts every inane thought and hapless scheme on social media but those who disagree get threatened with legal action..

Poor little Bobby indeed.

Red Green
Old 20th December 2020, 01:01 PM   #59
arayder
Graduate Poster

Poor little Bobby.
Isnt it odd that he frequently describes those who call him out on his grifting as stalkers? The guy puts every inane thought and hapless scheme on social media but those who disagree get threatened with legal action..

Poor little Bobby indeed.
I have never heard of a former business partner or legal client who will endorse Bobby Boy. You'd think by now he'd have somebody who'd say something good about his business endeavors or legal services.

Instead we hear tales of un-named rich folks and mysterious high powered lawyers loosely associated with his "businesses" . .and I haven't found a single former client who has one good word for him!

Last edited by arayder; 20th December 2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 20th December 2020, 01:07 PM   #60
gmanontario
Muse

I have never heard of a former business partner or legal client who will endorse Bobby Boy. You'd think by now he'd have somebody who'd say something good about his business endeavors or legal services.

Instead we hear tales of un-named rich folks and mysterious high powered lawyers. loosely associated with his "businesses" . .and I haven't found a single former client who has one good word for him!
Remember his crusade against WestJet for asking for ID before a flight? Hilarious. The WJ employees had a month of good laughs at his expense on their message board.

Those were the good old days. Now hes just a bloated egotistical moron.

Red Green
Old 20th December 2020, 01:48 PM   #61
arayder
Graduate Poster

Remember his crusade against WestJet for asking for ID before a flight? Hilarious. The WJ employees had a month of good laughs at his expense on their message board.

Those were the good old days. Now hes just a bloated egotistical moron.
At least nobody was harmed on that one.

Menard has a practice of taking advantage of others and then denying any responsibility.

-- Around 2010 Menard sold freeman wannabe Lance Thatcher an $800 document that was supposed to how he could use Menard's theories to "fight the law" more effectively.

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/news/city...wife-1.1224095

When the methods prescribed by Menard landed Thatcher in hot water Menard tried to get himself off the hook by claiming that Thatcher had not followed his instructions.

-- In 2011 John Morgunus of North Bay, Canada acted upon Menard's advice regarding freeman "claim of right" theories and squatted in a foreclosed house. . .only to have himself arrested. Again, Menard threw a client under the bus by claiming Morgunus had not done exactly as instructed when issuing his claim of right!

See 2:04 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6uvXbgb3U

-- Then in 2013 the Nanaimo Three, Dave Lange, Alexander Ream, and David Bradley Smith acted on Menard's notion that one can declare yourself a peace officer and is so doing got arrested. Menard again claimed the three hadn't followed his directions.

So what the story on Lisa Chamberlain's case, Bobby?

Last edited by arayder; 20th December 2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 20th December 2020, 02:06 PM   #62
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Has Menard though about applying for a job on Trump's legal team? He would fit fight in.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2020, 02:58 PM   #63
Hans
Philosopher

I stopped going to Quatloos over a year ago because of the lack of comedy value in the SC realm - is there a current thread for him there?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2020, 06:08 PM   #64
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I stopped going to Quatloos over a year ago because of the lack of comedy value in the SC realm - is there a current thread for him there?
Try searching for him there. The last thread there about El Fezzarino was a one about his attempt to market an ultra cheap respirator during the early stages of the pandemic. http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/view...5486469b9a5d56

He started a GoFundMe page for the cost of the equipment and supplies need to get the effort going. He said he and an un-named international team of engineers, doctors, scientists, designers, students, and entrepreneurs had knocked out the prototype over a weekend.

Bobby lies like a ten year-old. Here was speculation that he found the video of the prototype on the web and just concocted the rest of the story.

It's worth noting that since then Bobby has jumped on the covid-denial-anti-lockdown bandwagon.

Last edited by arayder; 20th December 2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 21st December 2020, 10:45 AM   #65
gmanontario
Muse

Try searching for him there. The last thread there about El Fezzarino was a one about his attempt to market an ultra cheap respirator during the early stages of the pandemic. http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/view...5486469b9a5d56

He started a GoFundMe page for the cost of the equipment and supplies need to get the effort going. He said he and an un-named international team of engineers, doctors, scientists, designers, students, and entrepreneurs had knocked out the prototype over a weekend.

Bobby lies like a ten year-old. Here was speculation that he found the video of the prototype on the web and just concocted the rest of the story.

It's worth noting that since then Bobby has jumped on the covid-denial-anti-lockdown bandwagon.
Yeah his ventilator looked like a Home Depot plumbing department special. He raised $35 IIRC. I suspect it was just another grift since he was competing against real engineers and big corporations. Another grifting fail.
Hopefully Bobby refuses the vaccine and let's those who need it get it. But his anti mask and vaccine is all bluff and bluster and he will not refuse but tell people he did. Theres money to be made from conspiracy theories and he wants his slice however insignificant that it.

Red Green
Old 21st December 2020, 11:12 AM   #66
arayder
Graduate Poster

It seems a few of Bobby's Facebook friends knew nothing about the 2008 court order forbidding him from giving legal advice.

A couple who have been Bobbyphiles for years cussed me out pretty good when I gave them the facts. . .but a few folks seemed genuinely surprised and dismayed that The Fezzed One was zero for life in court.

Ya' gotta' wonder if the advice business is going to tank now?

From Bobby's Facebook page:

Quote:
Robert Menard

Feeling very blessed and content.
Yeah, another Christmas without family. At least this time Menard can blame it on the virus as opposed to years past when the trouble was his estranged family and the outstanding warrant out on him in Ontario.

Last edited by arayder; 21st December 2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 21st December 2020, 03:08 PM   #67
gmanontario
Muse

It seems a few of Bobby's Facebook friends knew nothing about the 2008 court order forbidding him from giving legal advice.

A couple who have been Bobbyphiles for years cussed me out pretty good when I gave them the facts. . .but a few folks seemed genuinely surprised and dismayed that The Fezzed One was zero for life in court.

Ya' gotta' wonder if the advice business is going to tank now?

From Bobby's Facebook page:

Yeah, another Christmas without family. At least this time Menard can blame it on the virus as opposed to years past when the trouble was his estranged family and the outstanding warrant out on him in Ontario.
He really has a thing for you doesn't he? The collective legal IQ of that entire crowd in his page is probably negative.

Red Green
Old 21st December 2020, 04:46 PM   #68
arayder
Graduate Poster

He really has a thing for you doesn't he?. . .
All he has to do to shut me and the rest of his critics down is be straight about one project or legal claim.

The plain fact is Menard has run one shoddy scam after another. He's never had a single business success. He's never accounted for one dime he raised for freeman valley, the ACCP or any of his other freeman projects.

Despite his claims of legal brilliance he has never had a single demonstrable courtroom or street win!

He's a zero for life loser!

Daddy was right, eh Bobby?
Old 21st December 2020, 05:37 PM   #69
gmanontario
Muse

All he has to do to shut me and the rest of his critics down is be straight about one project or legal claim.

The plain fact is Menard has run one shoddy scam after another. He's never had a single business success. He's never accounted for one dime he raised for freeman valley, the ACCP or any of his other freeman projects.

Despite his claims of legal brilliance he has never had a single demonstrable courtroom or street win!

He's a zero for life loser!

Daddy was right, eh Bobby?
Sure demand him to actually work. You are so strict and uptight. Hes a sorta stable genius. Just ask him.
I'm eagerly awaiting the law society response to his latest word salad missive. Should be fun to read but if it goes against him, he will bury it and lie about the contents.

Right Bobby?

ETA I love the fact that the one time Bobby stepped up to the plate and tried to show brass balls, he got arrested and went on the lam. Running like a scared little schoolgirl ever since rather than showing "the man" his amazing lawyer skills. If hes ever in Toronto again in court, I'll be there to watch.

Red Green

Last edited by gmanontario; 21st December 2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:13 AM   #70
arayder
Graduate Poster

ETA I love the fact that the one time Bobby stepped up to the plate and tried to show brass balls, he got arrested and went on the lam. Running like a scared little schoolgirl ever since rather than showing "the man" his amazing lawyer skills. If hes ever in Toronto again in court, I'll be there to watch.
It was reported over on Quatloos that the brave Menard so feared being in jail over a weekend that he shamelesly begged his court appointed lawyer to get him sprung (which he did). If I remember correctly he made one court date (some sort of hearing) and them ran to Quebec. At the next court date, which Bobby missed, his lawyer got him off the hook by claiming he had not showed up for some innocent reason.

When Bobby missed the rescheduled date the court had had enough and put a warrant on his bunny running behind.

This cowardly little episode put a real dent in Menard's freeman reputation.

After all here was the guy who had claimed to have regularly given judges, prosecutors and cops verbal beat downs acting like a scared schoolboy.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:03 AM   #71
Leftus
Master Poster

Wow! Marc Stevens.

I had an old friend who went down the rabbit hole years ago and it ruined him.
If I remember correctly, it was a withholdings compliance case. His "client" was under withholding and we fixed it. Since the examiner would not bend to his will, she was "rude" He got his legally allowed exemptions and not a digit more.

Besides the bill, I always wonder what the client got. If he or she eventually clued into the fact that what Marc was selling, the IRS wasn't buying. I wonder if they would hire a plumber and still be happy if their pipes leaked and toilets didn't flush. Do they ever get to the point that they realize they have been had.

Menard's empire of dust, dirt is far too substantial, so would lint, should be evidence enough that what he is selling doesn't work.
Old 22nd December 2020, 01:59 PM   #72
gmanontario
Muse

It was reported over on Quatloos that the brave Menard so feared being in jail over a weekend that he shamelesly begged his court appointed lawyer to get him sprung (which he did). If I remember correctly he made one court date (some sort of hearing) and them ran to Quebec. At the next court date, which Bobby missed, his lawyer got him off the hook by claiming he had not showed up for some innocent reason.

When Bobby missed the rescheduled date the court had had enough and put a warrant on his bunny running behind.

This cowardly little episode put a real dent in Menard's freeman reputation.

After all here was the guy who had claimed to have regularly given judges, prosecutors and cops verbal beat downs acting like a scared schoolboy.
Yeah some people stand up for their beliefs as wrong as they are but poor little Bobby ran screaming to parts unknown to avoid the big bad police dudes. I read that he claimed they were so afraid of him that they were going to beat him half to death in a cell so he couldn't make it to court so he had to run. I'm sure that's true, it happens all the time to freeloaders on the land.

Red Green
Old 22nd December 2020, 04:11 PM   #73
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby should be concerned about his rep in the freeman subculture.

But his real concern should be with Lisa Chamberlain. If she wises up about his fake lawyer act he could be in trouble.

If he overstated his abilities and track record to her as he did to others back in the 2000's she might have a strong case in a civil action against him.

Oh, Lisa. . . .
Old 22nd December 2020, 06:53 PM   #74
gmanontario
Muse

But his real concern should be with Lisa Chamberlain. If she wises up about his fake lawyer act he could be in trouble.

If he overstated his abilities and track record to her as he did to others back in the 2000's she might have a strong case in a civil action against him.

Oh, Lisa. . . .
Blood from a stone... Plus he'd just stroll away and blame her for not doing things as instructed.

Red Green
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:31 PM   #75
arayder
Graduate Poster

Oh, Lisa. . . .
Blood from a stone... Plus he'd just stroll away and blame her for not doing things as instructed.
Odds are you are right. But over the years there has been a percentage of Menard's clients who, after everything goes bad, realize they were/are being scammed.

I don't think Bobby is smart enough to to discern who has been totally brainwashed by the freeman subculture and who hasn't.

The folks I recall who figured out they were getting the short end of the stick focused on the outright lies they were told by Bobby.

I am figuring Lisa Chamberlain was told by Bobby that he had a winning record and could help her. So what happens when she learns that Bobby is zero for life and never had a chance is hell of helping her in any way?

I am going to try and find out.
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:01 PM   #76
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hey do a poll so we can predict how long this fantasy will last before it fades away like all of his other ones
It'll fade once he has enough money for a case and a pizza. But being in NB it means that the Moosehead will be fresh!
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:12 PM   #77
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Does that apply outside BC?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:23 PM   #78
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Does that apply outside BC?
No, it was an action in the Supreme Court of British Columbia (the confusingly named court of first instance in BC), so the decision only applies to BC.

That doesn't mean that other provinces or the Federal Court can't rely on it as evidence of prior bad behaviour, but his ability to act as a legal professional is severely curtailed in most provincial jurisdictions anyways (most require you to either self-represent in court or use a member of the provincial bar for legal advice and/or representation). And Cdn lawyers really don't like it when you try to work their side of the street....
Old 23rd December 2020, 02:48 PM   #79
arayder
Graduate Poster

The lady, Lisa Chamberlain, Menard is representing is a dog breeder in Bathhurst with a questionable reputation. In 2016 local media reported that she was selling sick and dying puppies. Locals were incensed about the sales. She was investigated and public health officials allowed her to keep her breeder's license.

Interestingly Chamberlain goes by other names including Lisa Chiasson and Tanya White. This may have something to do with her practice of selling puppies from the back of her van in mall parking lots.

I suspect she's gotten in hot water again with the animal control folks (locals likely reported her) and she knew of or somehow got connected to Menard.

So far Bobby has been careful to pretend he's not giving her legal advice or representing her as legally. The public health department and the New Brunswick Law Society have been informed of Bobby's history and the 2008 court order.

An effort is being made to inform Ms. Chamberlain of the same.

My guess is Menard has gotten a fee from her and now has to make a big enough show to pull off the grift.

Last edited by arayder; 23rd December 2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:14 PM   #80
EHocking
Philosopher

The lady, Lisa Chamberlain, Menard is representing is a dog breeder in Bathhurst with a questionable reputation. In 2016 local media reported that she was selling sick and dying puppies. Locals were incensed about the sales. She was investigated and public health officials allowed her to keep her breeder's license.

Interestingly Chamberlain goes by other names including Lisa Chiasson and Tanya White. This may have something to do with her practice of selling puppies from the back of her van in mall parking lots.

I suspect she's gotten in hot water again with the animal control folks (locals likely reported her) and she knew of or somehow got connected to Menard.

So far Bobby has been careful to pretend he's not giving her legal advice or representing her as legally. The public health department and the New Brunswick Law Society have been informed of Bobby's history and the 2008 court order.

An effort is being made to inform Ms. Chamberlain of the same.

My guess is Menard has gotten a fee from her and now has to make a big enough show to pull off the grift.
Let's hope that her relying on bad legal advice ends up with her in prison and giving legal advice illegally ends up with him in prison.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories