IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump

Old 19th February 2021, 02:44 PM   #201
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Would he have Bigfoot as VP?
Old 19th February 2021, 03:22 PM   #202
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Tell me the about the rabbits George.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 12:21 AM   #203
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
There is some talk about Trump running as a Representative for his District in Florida in 2022. I didn't give it much thought but I noticed the United Spot guys did a youtube video about this exact same scenario.

As a member of the House, if Republicans take it in 2022, he could be elected Speaker, impeach Biden and Harris then as Speaker, return to being President until 2024. And legally run for President again in 2024.

Hmmm....

Like Trump would ever even consider being a lowly representative after being POTUS. His ego couldn't bear it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 01:44 AM   #204
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Like Trump would ever even consider being a lowly representative after being POTUS. His ego couldn't bear it.
No kidding. The man couldn't even stand someone else getting a slightly larger steak at a restaurant.

Washington restaurant staff spill secrets of serving Trump - from a 7-step Diet Coke pouring process to letting him hear the ketchup bottle ‘pop’
Quote:
Former executive chef Bill Williamson told The Washingtonian how staff once got into trouble when a customer appeared to have a larger steak,
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 01:56 AM   #205
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
No kidding. The man couldn't even stand someone else getting a slightly larger steak at a restaurant.

Washington restaurant staff spill secrets of serving Trump - from a 7-step Diet Coke pouring process to letting him hear the ketchup bottle ‘pop’
Can you imagine how relieved the remaining WH staff is working for the Bidens after the Trumps?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 12:45 PM   #206
Caroline13
Muse

Can you imagine how relieved the remaining WH staff is working for the Bidens after the Trumps?
Yeah, the WH just has to keep everyone muzzled and it and it makes their jobs easier..shut em up.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 05:29 PM   #207
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Fun fact 1: the Speaker of the House doesn't have to be an elected member of the House.
Fun fact 2: impeachment isn't enough, you also need a 2/3 rd conviction in the Senate.

Other than that, good and credible plan.
To be fair, "Good and Credible plan" is...not really Toupee Fiasco's Strength. He's more the "whine and bitch and complain in front of cameras and things magically work out" sort of a guy. He'd likely end up impeaching the two for some asinine conspiracy theory like "Hiding Joe's sleep schedule and dementia", and put Jared Kushner in charge who would give it to some 4th grade kid to prosecute - and then Cheeto Benito would rage and sputter because the news was paying attention to the trial instead of to him.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 07:21 PM   #208
junkshop
Student

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Yeah, the WH just has to keep everyone muzzled and it and it makes their jobs easier..shut em up.
What?
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2021, 07:54 PM   #209
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
What?
Good. I thought it was only me.
Old 21st February 2021, 08:44 AM   #210
Egg
Graduate Poster

There is some talk about Trump running as a Representative for his District in Florida in 2022. I didn't give it much thought but I noticed the United Spot guys did a youtube video about this exact same scenario.

As a member of the House, if Republicans take it in 2022, he could be elected Speaker, impeach Biden and Harris then as Speaker, return to being President until 2024. And legally run for President again in 2024.

Hmmm....

Assuming that this was actually a viable plan, I've been trying to figure out what the least number of falsehoods one would have to believe to think this would, in any way, be good for the country.

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 08:49 AM   #211
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Quote:
a well-done steak
My god the man really has no class at all, does he?

A well-done steak with ketchup? Jesus.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 09:24 AM   #212
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Assuming that this was actually a viable plan, I've been trying to figure out what the least number of falsehoods one would have to believe to think this would, in any way, be good for the country.
These people have no clue that Trump conned them into thinking he actually did stuff as POTUS besides golf and bully people. Trump, in Pelosi's job, couldn't even do the basics like leading the House in session. Trump is such an imaginary character to them.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 02:09 PM   #213
Pacal
Graduate Poster

I recently saw Hannity's soft soap interview with Trump. Watching Hannity joyfully crawl up Trump's backside while gyrating, in ecstasy, has he fully submits to the most holy and divine Trump was compulsively hilarious. A total jelly fish with the integrity of a suck up to power. Carlson has of course joined Hannity in this worship of the new Messiah and just has the Republicans are completing their transformation into a Trump cult, so is Fox news completing it's transmission into something like Pravda in relation to Stalin in the 1930s.

Yep Trump has indeed changed things, turning the Republican party, to a large extent, into a Fascistic cult of personality. Quite an accomplishment!!
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 04:02 PM   #214
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
My god the man really has no class at all, does he?

A well-done steak with ketchup? Jesus.
It could be worse. He could ask for dijon mustard.
Old 21st February 2021, 04:31 PM   #215
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
It could be worse. He could ask for dijon mustard.
Ketchup is true 'Merican, that Dijon stuff is from the pansy, sniveling, French cowards. Clearly, Trump is a red Blooded 'Merican eating good 'Merican food, while Obama was as bad as a Frog.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 05:31 PM   #216
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm....

He is residing in a solidly pro American district with a Democrat as the incumbent for some time. Trump isn't likely to sway it to vote against the nation. Trump's approval rating in the 30s isn't viable to change a swing district let alone a solidly pro American district. He'd have better luck moving south into the 22nd district. That district solidly betrayed the nation in 2020.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 07:27 PM   #217
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
What?
They are likely pretending that taking Covid-19 protocols seriously such as mask wearing is 'muzzling'.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2021, 10:22 PM   #218
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Does she think that the masks are like the ball gags used in BDSM? Is that what she thinks masks are?
Old 22nd February 2021, 03:00 AM   #219
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

Can't you keep your bizarre, incoherent rantings to the conspiracy thread, please?
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:03 AM   #220
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You mean as opposed to Trump? His White House leaked more than a pasta strainer. The consequence of which is that no one, not the American public, not our allies, not our adversaries knew what our policies were.

Yes, when you speak as a member of the White House staff you are speaking on behalf of the administration and should be pushing the party line.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2021, 03:00 PM   #221
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Needs more cowbell Vitamin D.

Old 25th February 2021, 06:41 PM   #222
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Needs more cowbell Vitamin D.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics