IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th January 2021, 12:30 PM   #1
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Helen Keller - seriously?

WTAF? How is this any sort of a thing? Unless it IS a huge wind up? In which case, just grow the **** up!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ning-her-story
Carrot Flower King is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 12:39 PM   #2
eerok
Quixoticist

The simple answer is that internet echo chambers create and amplify stupidity in a feedback loop.
Old 7th January 2021, 01:30 PM   #3
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

What's this about, then?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 02:39 PM   #4
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

IIRC my great grandmother was good friends with Helen Keller’s teacher. She did an interview which my Mom had transcribed to CD. sadly, I think we lost the recording when cleaning out their house. ��

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 02:48 PM   #5
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I must start one about Beethoven.

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 03:29 PM   #6
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
I must start one about Beethoven.

Norm
He couldn't really play, he just stitched samples together in PreSonus. Don't believe me? Then ask yourself why there are no actual recordings of Beethoven himself.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 09:03 PM   #7
paiute
Graduate Poster

No way a deaf and blind girl was able to hide from the Nazis for so long.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 09:23 PM   #8
EHocking
Philosopher

They would have heard the noise of the pinball machine.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:13 AM   #9
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
What's this about, then?
It's a story I saw in the Guardian, hence the link to the Guardian. It's about a conspiracy theory, which is why I posted this in the CT section here.
Carrot Flower King is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:27 AM   #10
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by paiute View Post
No way a deaf and blind girl was able to hide from the Nazis for so long.

I was thinking along the lines of composing while deaf.

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 09:37 AM   #11
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
They would have heard the noise of the pinball machine.
Tommy was a privileged white boy, Helen wasn't so lucky, all she had was a water pump.

Last edited by Mike!; 8th January 2021 at 09:38 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories