IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , wtc , wtc7

Old 24th March 2007, 03:13 PM   #121
boloboffin

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I once went to the apartment of a beautiful young woman for our second date. She opened the door and was wearing only a fishnet body stocking. I want that again.

Next to that, I want the conspiracists to get a clue, regain their dignity, and go away.
You don't want much.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 03:18 PM   #122
Rawkarma
Thinker

Originally Posted by tonicblue View Post
I'd like to see some evidence of Averys profit.
I think others in this thread have answered your question sufficiently, but I do have some questions of my own, and I hope you'll answer them:

Based on your quote above, explain why you needed us to provide you with evidence of Avery's profiting? For most of us, using commonsense and from their own words (LC Crew) in interviews its blatantly obvious? Also, their upcoming cinematic release will not be free to see and the DVD will also not be free (as per previous releases) to download. Do you now believe that Avery has profited substantially and stands to profit further from 9/11? If not, please explain your reasons?

The Doc quite rightly noted an interview with Jason Bermas on Food is not love, and you can listen to it here. Scroll down the page to: AGE OF APOCO-LUPUS to hear Bermas explain why he found himself in the fortuitous position to quit his previous job. Don't take our word for it -- it comes from the horses mouth.

ETA: It is interesting that you did not mention Miragememories indecent statement; we can't have you disagree with a fellow CTer now, can we?

Last edited by Rawkarma; 24th March 2007 at 03:21 PM.
Rawkarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 03:30 PM   #123
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I once went to the apartment of a beautiful young woman for our second date. She opened the door and was wearing only a fishnet body stocking. I want that again.
_I_ want that in the first place!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 08:45 PM   #124
MaGZ
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
MaGZ's name stands for Missiles at Ground Zero. He thinks two missiles were fired at the second plane just before it hit the tower, and they missed. He claims one hit a parking lot, but somehow failed to cause any damage or fire before the second collapse. He claims the other hit WTC7 and "started fires" without doing any physical damage to the building*.

--
* His initial claim was that the damage described by firefighters was caused by this alleged missile. After he was shown a picture of the first collapse, in which you could clearly see WTC7's undamaged south face, he initially tried to claim it was the west(?) face, then cranked up the crazy even more.
I have always said the missile that hit in the open parking area created the black crater and started the fires in the row of burnt vehicles.

http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00105gh0.jpg
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 08:53 PM   #125
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MaGZ View Post
I have always said the missile that hit in the open parking area created the black crater and started the fires in the row of burnt vehicles.

Is that the same missile story from the white power group web site? The neoNAZI nest of idiot stories? Or is this a new story from a different bigoted site of undereducated racist dolts telling lies?

Why was there no sonic boom from this missile? OH, there was no missile on 9/11. Darn you had me for… No you do not have any facts, I remember you, you are the neo-NAZI who has no facts. Welcome back. Any new stuff on the NO missile junk you tried to post last time.

No missile in that photo. It is a do over, try again, I saw this last time you were here telling lies.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 11:37 PM   #126
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Except, of course, for the inconvenient fact that there was no crater and no missile.

LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2007, 11:49 PM   #127
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
Except, of course, for the inconvenient fact that there was no crater and no missile.

Facts, schmacts. And LashL wonders why neo-Nazis can't stand her.
Old 25th March 2007, 12:03 AM   #128
cloudshipsrule
Graduate Poster

There were tens of thousands of missles flying about as the buildings collapsed, and those were parts of the buildings. There were also missiles flying just after the planes struck the towers, and those were parts of the planes and parts of the buildings exiting the opposite side. That's about all I got to say about that.
cloudshipsrule is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 10:15 AM   #129
negativ
Graduate Poster

Dang. By the second date, all I usually get is a restraining order.

[Spalding Gray] TEACH ME! TEACH ME! TEACH ME! [/Spalding Gray]
Old 25th March 2007, 10:35 AM   #130
negativ
Graduate Poster

In all seriousness, it's *time*. Seek help. I don't say this to be disparaging; I am as crazy as they come, and have lots of experience dealing with mental illness. You *can* get past this.

Allow me to suggest Dr. Nishendu Vasavada. He's worth the voyage. Also, he has a blazing, smoldering, blisteringly hawt daughter who wouldn't be caught dead with the likes of you / me / anyone. Hubba.
Old 25th March 2007, 10:42 AM   #131
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
List of truthers who would be "Nobody" without 9/11:

Dylan Avery
Jason Bermas
Korey Rowe
Jim Fetzer
Judy Wood
Ace Baker
Merc
Lyte
Rob Balismo (JDX)

There are many more...but you get the picture.

TAM
I can't disagree with that T.A.M.

MM

Last edited by Miragememories; 25th March 2007 at 11:51 AM.
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 10:43 AM   #132
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
I can't disagree with T.A.M.

MM
I am speechless....not really!!

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 12:47 PM   #133
Miragememories
Banned

When someone (see post#79) claims to have read all the posts I've written, and claims they do not contain any facts, but only lies, I feel quite justified in responding strongly as I did in post #81.

In response to my post#81, someone who had no connection with it's content, regardless, smugly stepped in and stated "that I have no idea what I am talking about". I thought that was "out of line". "uncalled for" and "personal", especially since no attempt was made to qualify or prove the basis of that slight against my integrity.

I responded with the truth. Apparently, it was deemed too unpleasant, too personal and the negative spin was more than some of the thinner skins could tolerate.

When a veteran member feels they can, butt in, make a sideline cheap shot, typical of someone who confidently considers themself to be a defacto leader, and therefore qualified to answer for anyone they wish, and appears safely immune to moderator warnings of inappropriate behavior, I feel justified in making a strong response.

MM
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 01:14 PM   #134
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

When someone (see post#79) claims to have read all the posts I've written, and claims they do not contain any facts, but only lies, I feel quite justified in responding strongly as I did in post #81.

In response to my post#81, someone who had no connection with it's content, regardless, smugly stepped in and stated "that I have no idea what I am talking about". I thought that was "out of line". "uncalled for" and "personal", especially since no attempt was made to qualify or prove the basis of that slight against my integrity.

I responded with the truth. Apparently, it was deemed too unpleasant, too personal and the negative spin was more than some of the thinner skins could tolerate.

When a veteran member feels they can, butt in, make a sideline cheap shot, typical of someone who confidently considers themself to be a defacto leader, and therefore qualified to answer for anyone they wish, and appears safely immune to moderator warnings of inappropriate behavior, I feel justified in making a strong response.

MM
Oops, I meant you had no facts to prove the 9/11 truth movement claims. I mean all the claims of the 9/11 truth movement are lies. I have found all your posts to be void of facts to back up claims made by the 9/11 truth movement. I can not find anyone else who has found you to be a bearer of facts either. I think anyone can speak up and butt in when ever they want. You have made a mistake if you believe the lies of the truth movement.

If I missed you presenting a fact to prove any of the 9/11 truth movement claims, which I have found to be lies, please direct me to them at the earliest opportunity commensurate with you abilities. I look forward to your response.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 01:42 PM   #135
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

MM
Thing is, Miragememories, that you come across as having nothing but pomposity and assertions to offer.

So, could you track through your 280+ posts and point out where you have provided verifiable evidence of 9/11 CT?

Last edited by GlennB; 25th March 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: correct figure
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 02:20 PM   #136
A W Smith
Philosopher

With this new evidence of a long gash, it appears a flowing stream of debris hit WTC 7 at the top and scarred the building for several stories. The photo provided by chipmunk stew in post 51 of this thread shows the material from WTC 1 that likely caused this damage.

On another point, I fail to see how this debris from WTC 1 started the fires on the lower floors of WTC 7. Falling dust and asbestos do not start fires.
Are you sure about that? You don't think there was an electrical system running through that bay? Or that there were transformers on different levels? You deny arcing could take place? heres a fire from a small residential step down transformer.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

here is a transformer fire from a much larger transformer. In a substation. You know what a substation is correct? and you are aware a Con Ed substation was inside of wtc7?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This doesn't even address the rest of the electrical system throughout the building that connects different floors to high voltage panels that serve elevator lift machinery, pumps, generator exhaust fans, HVAC. distribution sub panels for lighting and office equipment.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 03:44 PM   #137
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Thing is, Miragememories, that you come across as having nothing but pomposity and assertions to offer.

So, could you track through your 280+ posts and point out where you have provided verifiable evidence of 9/11 CT?
Well Glenn since you are acting as "judge and jury", I'm presented with a 'no win' request.

What I consider to be a good case you'll simply dismiss because the Official Report is not in agreement.

As I've repeatedly pointed out, and people like yourself repeatedly ignore, I do not have to provide courtroom evidence in an internet discussion forum.

I do provide far more than "pomposity and assertions", but your bigoted dislike for me and my opposite point of view make it impossible for you to consider anything I have to say. You, like most JREFers, are blinded by your complete capitulation to the Official Story.

MM
Old 25th March 2007, 03:48 PM   #138
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

As I've repeatedly pointed out, and people like yourself repeatedly ignore, I do not have to provide courtroom evidence in an internet discussion forum.
Of course. But then don't expect us to bow down to your evidence in that situation. In reality, your evidence would NEVER fly in a courtroom, and you all but admit it.

That in a nutshell is why the 'truth' movement will never be more than a bunch of ideologically challenged fools; it can only be perpetuated on an internet discussion forum. As soon as it is shown the light of rational day in a structured non-internet environment, it fails miserably.

At least you allude to that.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 04:34 PM   #139
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Well Glenn since you are acting as "judge and jury", I'm presented with a 'no win' request.

What I consider to be a good case you'll simply dismiss because the Official Report is not in agreement.

I do provide far more than "pomposity and assertions", but your bigoted dislike for me and my opposite point of view make it impossible for you to consider anything I have to say. You, like most JREFers, are blinded by your complete capitulation to the Official Story.

MM
Where have you provided anything more than "pomposity and assertions" ?

It's all on record here, MM. Just quote a few of your own posts that provide actual evidence.

What could be simpler?

Fire away.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2007, 04:56 PM   #140
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

MirageMemories, unlike yours, my words are supported by evidence.

You said that 9/11 has been good for me. You have now reasserted that claim. You owe me an apology for these indecent remarks.
Old 26th March 2007, 12:55 PM   #141
Miragememories
Banned

MirageMemories, unlike yours, my words are supported by evidence.

You said that 9/11 has been good for me. You have now reasserted that claim. You owe me an apology for these indecent remarks.
There's the problem right there.

According to Gravy rules, whatever Gravy says, is true and supported by evidence.

According to Gravy rules, whatever Miragememories says is untrue and not supported by evidence.

According to common understanding, for something to be good for someone they have to derive some benefit from it. To prove that 9/11 has been not been personally beneficial for you, it would have to be argued that all the 7,000+ posts (in a single year), the Saturday GZ get togethers, the report writing and subsequent applause from your skeptic peers, the media interviews and all the 9/11 rooted JREF camaraderie have not been good or beneficial for you.

Sometimes an observed truth is offensive, and in that regard, my remark probably did qualify as indecent.

I find it extremely offensive when you interject your opinion when a response was requested from another member. Another member who claimed to have read ALL my posts in another forum and declared them to be lies. It is particularly offensive when you jump in with your opinion requesting me to say; "I apologize for having absolutely no idea what I'm talking about". That was a blanket, unsubstantiated slur, which served no constructive purpose other than to be offensive and provide you and your following with some entertaining mockery.

MM
Old 26th March 2007, 01:12 PM   #142
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

According to common understanding, for something to be good for someone they have to derive some benefit from it. To prove that 9/11 has been not been personally beneficial for you, it would have to be argued that all the 7,000+ posts (in a single year), the Saturday GZ get togethers, the report writing and subsequent applause from your skeptic peers, the media interviews and all the 9/11 rooted JREF camaraderie have not been good or beneficial for you.
Here's where you go wrong. You made the claim that Gravy benefited and in your response, you want Gravy to prove he didn't.

Do you get it? You made the claim, you provide the evidence. To complex for you?
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.

Last edited by DavidJames; 26th March 2007 at 01:21 PM.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:19 PM   #143
Miragememories
Banned

Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
Here's where you go wrong. You made the claim that Gravy benefited and in your response, you want Gravy to prove he didn't.

Do you get it? You made the claim, you provide the evidence. To complex for your?
Clearly too complex for you DavidJames.

Thank you for the predictable 'knee jerk' response.

MM
Old 26th March 2007, 01:31 PM   #144
Arus808
Philosopher

MM
sidestepping noted:

You made the claim that Gravy benefited from all of this 9/11 nonsense; please provide proof of this.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:33 PM   #145
INRM
Philosopher

Did that gash cut into any seriously important support structure... meaning the bulk of the load-bearing parts of the building?

Also, Larry Silverstein even admitted that he had to "Pull it" (Demolish it). Meaning it's collapse *was* induced. The thing that has me wondering is -- doesn't it take a long time to rig a building for a controlled demolition? Like on the order of days?

I'm not trying to rock the boat, I'm just asking question that to me seems quite legitimate.
INRM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:41 PM   #146
Arus808
Philosopher

Originally Posted by INRM View Post
Did that gash cut into any seriously important support structure... meaning the bulk of the load-bearing parts of the building?
The Preiliminary NIST reports covers this

Quote:
Also, Larry Silverstein even admitted that he had to "Pull it" (Demolish it). Meaning it's collapse *was* induced.
Nope, PULL it doesn't mean to demolish in this instance. It was in reference to pulling the firefighters from the building

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:44 PM   #147
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

MM
I see, for Tin Hatters, you get to make the claims and they have to prove them wrong. Is that how it works in your job or at your school?
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:46 PM   #148
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Also, Larry Silverstein even admitted that he had to "Pull it" (Demolish it). Meaning it's collapse *was* induced.
Can you provide the exact Silverstein quote? That will help you on your way to answering your own question.
Old 26th March 2007, 01:49 PM   #149
INRM
Philosopher

Quote:
The Preiliminary NIST reports covers this
What does the Preliminary NIST report say... ?

Additionally, I saw footage of Silverstein saying something to the effect of the firefighters saying they had to pull-it. And I think he said he gave the order to pull-it. Which in that context (at least I heard) allegedly meant to bring the building down.
INRM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 01:50 PM   #150
Arus808
Philosopher

nope. watch pbs documentary again. you can find it on debunking911.com

Old 26th March 2007, 01:56 PM   #151
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Miragememories, you imply that I enjoy feeling the need to set vicious morons straight when they attempt to incorrectly revise history. I don't. I was quite happy spending no time with vicious morons. Further, I have lost thousands of dollars by debunking vicious morons when I could have been working. Saturday happens to be the busiest day of the week for tourism in New York City. Saturday "get togethers" at Ground Zero? You are sick. I go there to confront vicious morons who spit on the graves of murder victims and who disparage the people who choose to risk their lives to help others.

You think I'm happier because 2,749 people were murdered in a single day, in the city I love so much that I decided to make it my home, my avocation, and my profession? Where down the street 12 men who went to save people in the south tower didn't come back, and the last words of one of them were "It's a big job, honey. I love you." Where my neighbor puts out a single flower every day in memory of her son who died in the north tower?

You don't know me, you don't know my family, you don't know my friends, you don't know my neighbors, you don't know the people I volunteer with, you don't know my city.

Think I'm having a good time with this, you anonymous internet creep? Not man enough to apologize? Go to hell.
Old 26th March 2007, 02:01 PM   #152
uk_dave
Philosopher

Miragememories, you imply that I enjoy feeling the need to set vicious morons straight when they attempt to incorrectly revise history. I don't. I was quite happy spending no time with vicious morons. Further, I have lost thousands of dollars by debunking vicious morons when I could have been working. Saturday happens to be the busiest day of the week for tourism in New York City. Saturday "get togethers" at Ground Zero? You are sick. I go there to confront vicious morons who spit on the graves of murder victims and who disparage the people who choose to risk their lives to help others.

You think I'm happier because 2,749 people were murdered in a single day, in the city I love so much that I decided to make it my home, my avocation, and my profession? Where down the street 12 men who went to save people in the south tower didn't come back, and the last words of one of them were "It's a big job, honey. I love you." Where my neighbor puts out a single flower every day in memory of her son who died in the north tower?

You don't know me, you don't know my family, you don't know my friends, you don't know my neighbors, you don't know the people I volunteer with, you don't know my city.

Think I'm having a good time with this, you anonymous internet creep? Not man enough to apologize? Go to hell.
If I ever get to new york, the beer is on me... well, not literally, but you know what I mean.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 02:03 PM   #153
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Also, Larry Silverstein even admitted that he had to "Pull it" (Demolish it). Meaning it's collapse *was* induced. The thing that has me wondering is -- doesn't it take a long time to rig a building for a controlled demolition? Like on the order of days?

I'm not trying to rock the boat, I'm just asking question that to me seems quite legitimate.
INRM, people may be a bit short with you, because these questions are elementary and have been discussed here ad nauseum. This paper of mine should answer your questions about the WTC 7's condition, the "pull it" quote, controlled demolition claims, etc.

http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Lies.pdf

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.
Old 26th March 2007, 02:35 PM   #154
babazaroni
Muse

Maybe, maybe not. Look into the very unusual architecture of WTC 7.

Hint, ConEd substation.

Quote:

Here's a question you should look into.

If Silverstein admitted to demolishing his building, why did the insurance companies still pay him?
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 03:05 PM   #155
fezzic
Muse

I kind of wonder, when a lot is made of Silverstein saying "pull it" (or whatever), if anybody ever gave some thought to the fact that when he talked with the fire chiefs that they may say "pull etc." (in relation to getting their personnel out of a building they can't save due to lack of water and such) and that when he talks about it later he would tend to use the same terminology as the fire chiefs when describing what they had to do.

This was a sizeable building, besides he saw a good chunk of assets, he had a long-term lease on, become rubble already with horrendous loss of life, and I don't doubt that having the experts say they have to pull their personnel out would possibly [uh] sear that word and what it meant into his psyche.

People also forget that statements like "pull it" implies a lot of common knowledge about what "it" is. A verbal shorthand so to speak. Hearing someone say "pull it" can mean a host of different things when the context of the speech and speaker is not taken into account.

This seems especially true when the listener is seeking to put a particular meaning to the words, because of internal bias, in order to "confirm" that bias.
fezzic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 04:30 PM   #156
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Re: Silverstein's statement.

I can imagine a situation in which the fire commander is telling Silverstein about the questionable condition of WTC7 and possibility for collapse (it is his building, after all; he needs to know). It may have been pointed out that there's a rescue operation going on in the shadow of this dangerously damaged building. The "it" in Silverstein's statement could then be referring to this operation that he was told about. The full context may not have made it into the PBS documentary.

But since I don't have a transcript of the original conversation or the entire PBS interview with Silverstein, this is all highly speculative and not proof of anything.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 07:47 PM   #157
babazaroni
Muse

I wonder if Chief Nigro had anything to say about his conversation with Silverstein?

Probably not, since Gravy would have mentioned it in his WTC 7 document.
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 07:59 PM   #158
Mobyseven
Philosopher

What does the Preliminary NIST report say... ?

Additionally, I saw footage of Silverstein saying something to the effect of the firefighters saying they had to pull-it. And I think he said he gave the order to pull-it. Which in that context (at least I heard) allegedly meant to bring the building down.
I apologise for any shortness you may have detected in the other members here. You have come in at what could really only be described as a bad time...MirageMemories is infamous, and it takes up most people's patience just to deal with him.

In answer to your query: Put in context, Silverstein is talking about not only the removal of firefighters from WTC 7, but the evacuation of the surrounding area, and the setting up of a safe-zone around the building.

What members of the truth movement will tell you re this quote is baseless. They accuse Silverstein and the FDNY without actually having any evidence to support their claims.

(Note: The truth movement vehemently denies that they are accusing the FDNY of being involved in a 9/11 conspiracy, but if they are to use this quote to support their claims then they necessarily involve the FDNY.)

Hope that answered your query.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2007, 08:46 PM   #159
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Here's the quote:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.'"

Taking that part, what is he refering too?

The CT's use the next sentence to redefine the it.

"So they made the decision to pull, and then we watched the building collapse."

The define the "it" in the first sentence as belonging to "the building" in the second. That isn't how English works. The work it is always associated with the noun or subject that proceeds it, not one that follows. The only subject previous to the word "it" is the firefighting effort (which was still occuring from outside as well as the rescue operations still being conducted inside and out.)

To be refering to the building the quote would have to be:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull the building.' So they made the decision to pull, and then we watched it collapse."

See, with the change, the it now clearly refers back to the building, it always goes backwards, so:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.'"

has to refer to:

"We're not sure we're gonna be able to contain the fire."

and in the end, which makes more sense:

'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull the fire department operations.'

or

'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull the building.'

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2007, 08:01 AM   #160
Miragememories
Banned

Well Binglybert Slaptyback with the self entertaining avatar, anyone can climb up into the pulpit and tell a story designed to show what a self-sacrificing martyr they are.

You exhibit all the signs of someone actively enjoying themself while you supposedly pursue the regretable task of mocking and slamming others who have the nerve to disagree with you.

Quotes and tragic anecdotal stories are your stock 'n trade. They are effective and unquestionably help portray you as an ultruistic humanitarian. I have no wish to get into a sob story competition or compare my financial contribution in support of my beliefs.

Anyone with an ounce of human compassion, agrees that the human losses on 9/11 were unforgetable and unforgivable. Of course you do as well and I don't question your sincerity in that regard.

We don't all agree that the victims have received the justice they are entitled to. If a murder, or mass murder in this case, occurs, we do not limit the investigation because it might re-awaken painful memories for some in mourning. There are many family survivors who in spite of their grief, are not satisfied with the Official Story and strongly support the 9/11 Truth Movement.

I'm not only care about those 2,749 innocent people who tragically lost their lives on 9/11, but also the thousands of soldiers who have and are continuing to give their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq, as a direct result of 9/11. I care about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghani people who have lost their lives and families as a result of the excuse 9/11 provided the U.S. for invading and destabilizing their countries. I'm concerned about the long term impact on the citizens of the world as well as my family and the city where I make my home.

If I and many others are right, that the official story regarding 9/11 is seriously flawed and the guilty architects of 9/11 remain alive and well while residing in the U.S., then it is gravely important that this be properly investigated and justice be meted out to those who are long overdue in receiving it.

MM

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories