IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th December 2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Silhouette
Muse

Can anyone recommend a good book on magic tricks for a child?

I would like to get my 8 year old niece a book on magic tricks, preferably one that would allow her to utilize easy to find things from around the house. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks!
Silhouette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2013, 10:18 PM   #2
fuelair
Banned

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...magic%20tricks

Start here - the Dover ones for kids are good and as she gets older - if she maintains an interest - the Mark Wilson has a good rep!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Bob Klase
Master Poster

The Mark Wilson book is still one of the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Wilsons-C...g+magic+tricks
Bob Klase is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Silhouette
Muse

Thank you so much! That Wilson book has a gazillion tricks!
Silhouette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Monza
Alta Viro

My first thought was also the Mark Wilson book. It really is a great resource for young and old alike.
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2013, 11:41 PM   #6
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Think about getting her a DVD rather than a book. I remember how tough books were to learn magic from when I was very young. Oh, and throw a couple of decks of cards in the package too. Two decks, one red, one blue. Bicycle brand is good. Bridge size for tiny hands is nice too.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2013, 10:19 AM   #7
Silhouette
Muse

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Think about getting her a DVD rather than a book. I remember how tough books were to learn magic from when I was very young. Oh, and throw a couple of decks of cards in the package too. Two decks, one red, one blue. Bicycle brand is good. Bridge size for tiny hands is nice too.
Thanks for the suggestion!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner