IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 truth movement , Alain Soral , anti-semitism , Dieudonne M'bala M'bala , Rudy Dent

Old 21st January 2016, 12:19 PM   #121
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Questions re his origins arose long before he produced the birth cert and suspicion grew when he didnt do so sooner.
Questions arose principally from racist douchebags.

Quote:
Suppose some LEO put Mossad/Israel govt on a list of "Who would benefit from 911?" ....How anti-semitic is that?
Very.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 12:21 PM   #122
Bubba
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It would depend on whether they actually benefited, which is debatable at best given that the US was already a staunch ally of Israel. Just handwaving imaginary benefits, as so many CTs seem to do, is very suspect; how, specifically, is Israel supposed to have benefited from 9/11? And don't just say "It's obvious"; if you can't come up with specific examples, then no, it isn't, and it starts to look like a justification for prejudice.

Dave

The highlited question occurred to me as well. Perceived flaws in any side of an issue are worth pointing out, no matter whether or not it is hypothetical brainstorming.

Hence, IMO measuring chance of Israel/Mossad involvement on a cui bono scale may not be as simple as 'US was already a staunch ally of Israel', even though that is true.

Example:
Maybe someone somewhere thought US wasnt staunch enough. I'm not claiming that, BTW. I just think its possible in world affairs these days. To be thorough, I'd put it on a checklist of things needing to be considered. Then, dig in and weight its merit before exonerating or implicating anyone.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 12:25 PM   #123
Bubba
Banned

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
The difference is: CIA/US involvements in the coups in Chile (1970s) and Iran (1950s) have lots of evidence going for them and are essentially acknowledged by the CIA and the USA (although neither were "false flags" - I don't think you understand properly what that term means).
Maybe you are wrong there. Remember the martians-venutians-earthlings metaphor?

Or if you like, shoot up or blow up part of Saigon to frame a party you wish to vilify, (which is part of what I referred to this time) as another example of my understanding of FFA.

Another noteworthy FFA example may be seen in claiming mossad's predecessors bombed a hotel dressed as arabs in a false flag attack. If they were...(were they?) mossad's predecessors, it may behoove one to bear that in mind when weighing claims regarding what any agency, including mossad, may be capable of.

Quote:
There is, however, no evidence for Mossad/Israel involvement in the 9/11 attack, except for some labored, prejudiced "cui bono" assessment. I am not exactly sure Israel actually profited from the destabilization of countries in her neighborhood.

Face it: Some truthers accuse Israel and Mossad because they are despicable anti-semites. There is nothing more to it.
Yah. Knew that a long time ago. Maybe you're missing something.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 12:56 PM   #124
Bubba
Banned

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Questions arose principally from racist douchebags.

Very.

Under what list title of "persons of interest" would including mossad/israel be deemed acceptable please?
Old 21st January 2016, 01:04 PM   #125
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

The difference is: CIA/US involvements in the coups in Chile (1970s) and Iran (1950s) have lots of evidence going for them and are essentially acknowledged by the CIA and the USA (although neither were "false flags" - I don't think you understand properly what that term means).

There is, however, no evidence for Mossad/Israel involvement in the 9/11 attack, except for some labored, prejudiced "cui bono" assessment. I am not exactly sure Israel actually profited from the destabilization of countries in her neighborhood.

Face it: Some truthers accuse Israel and Mossad because they are despicable anti-semites. There is nothing more to it.
A conspiracist belief can be described as “the unnecessary assumption of conspiracy when other explanations are more probable” (Aaronovitch, 2009, p. 5).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659314/

This applies also to the 9/11 conspiracy in general.

" A wise man therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence". -David Hume
This is the most useful epitemology for judging singular events that cannot be retested, unlike in the sciences.

The proportion of the evidence points to the CIA involvement in those coups and other covert actions. Like Watergate, these exposed conspiracies from the past are evidence that they can't be concealed without the likely chance they will be discovered. In today's information explosion, the chances are even less that an important conspiracy that affects large numbers of people can be successfully hidden.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 01:09 PM   #126
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Under what list title of "persons of interest" would including mossad/israel be deemed acceptable please?
The destruction of Iran's centrifuges.
Thank you Mossad/Israel.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 01:12 PM   #127
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The highlited question occurred to me as well. Perceived flaws in any side of an issue are worth pointing out, no matter whether or not it is hypothetical brainstorming.

Hence, IMO measuring chance of Israel/Mossad involvement on a cui bono scale may not be as simple as 'US was already a staunch ally of Israel', even though that is true.
So let's start from there, shall we? There is no actual hypothesis of how Israel might have gained or lost from 9/11. So what is the actual basis of this hypothetical cui bono? There is none. There's just another level of speculation. Can you see where this is going? Let me lead you through it.

The conspiracy theorist suggests Israel might have been involved in 9/11. Why, we ask? Because Israel benefited from it, says the conspiracy theorist. How did Israel benefit from it, we ask? Well, we don't know, but they might have, says the conspiracy theorist. Why do you think they might have, we ask? Well, you can't say they didn't, says the conspiracy theorist. But that's not the same as saying they did, we point out. And the conspiracy theorist tries not to say what he's thinking, which is: Of course we should suspect them, because they're Jews, and being a Jew is itself a suspicious circumstance. And that is anti-Semitism; the belief that because they're Jews, they can't be trusted.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 02:27 PM   #128
Bubba
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It would depend on whether they actually benefited, which is debatable at best given that the US was already a staunch ally of Israel. Just handwaving imaginary benefits, as so many CTs seem to do, is very suspect; how, specifically, is Israel supposed to have benefited from 9/11? And don't just say "It's obvious"; if you can't come up with specific examples, then no, it isn't, and it starts to look like a justification for prejudice.

Dave

Or....equal opportunity suspicion of any party that could possibly benefit in ways that could be stealthy or obvious.

Bogus allegations of racism and antisemitism have flown around other issues. That can tend to muzzle peole. Like with excessive political correctness intimidating people, my radar lights up when I see any such allegation. Thats my reason for questioning here.

Plus because we have ample amounts of corruption and abuse of power, I wouldnt be surprised if there are actual conspiracies no one has even noticed.
Old 21st January 2016, 03:00 PM   #129
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Or....equal opportunity suspicion of any party that could possibly benefit in ways that could be stealthy or obvious.

Bogus allegations of racism and antisemitism have flown around other issues. That can tend to muzzle peole. Like with excessive political correctness intimidating people, my radar lights up when I see any such allegation. Thats my reason for questioning here.
If only truthers suspected "any party that could possibly benefit" with "equal opportunity". But we never see them suspect Russia, China, India, Iran, Germany, Turkey, Kuwait or Canada. Strange that.

Plus because we have ample amounts of corruption and abuse of power, I wouldnt be surprised if there are actual conspiracies no one has even noticed.
Nice change of topic.
Old 21st January 2016, 03:17 PM   #130
Nick Terry
Illuminator

What benefits could possibly have outweighed the risks of alienating Israel's chief ally and supplier of arms and aid? None.

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 04:30 PM   #131
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not talking about anything to do with subjective terms of "acceptability". You're free to find suspicion of Jews, Israel, Obama, blacks, women, gays, Kurds or anyone else as "acceptable" as you please. I'm taking about pretext and agenda, and their associated probabilities.

Now, my collective experiences indicate that a suspicion of Mossad for the 9/11 attacks being unrelated to a bigoted pretext is just about as probable as a suspicion of radical feminist groups for the recent sexual attacks in Germany being unrelated to a bigoted pretext. And that probability is, to my eyes, very low.

That's all I'm saying. You're perfectly entitled to see things differently.

Last edited by trustbutverify; 21st January 2016 at 04:54 PM.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 04:48 PM   #132
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

What exactly qualifies you to determine which allegations of bigotry are authentic and which are bogus?
Old 21st January 2016, 04:51 PM   #133
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

If only truthers suspected "any party that could possibly benefit" with "equal opportunity". But we never see them suspect Russia, China, India, Iran, Germany, Turkey, Kuwait or Canada. Strange that.
Right on.
Old 21st January 2016, 05:16 PM   #134
Notconvinced
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
On the other hand, calling a guy born in Prague and a guy born in New Jersey "Israeli" pretty clearly does out you as an antisemite.

Perhaps 'Israeli' isn't the right word.
I suppose I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that their actions were State sponsored.

Chertoff is a duel citizen. Bazant I'm not certain. His name means 'military recruit'... perhaps he is deep cover. You may want to produce people that grew up with him in Prague. Do we know he grew up there? A birth certificate doesn't prove he did. What we do know is that he's worked diligently and almost with autonomy to create a ridiculously make believe collapse sequence which betrays his profession, his degree, his honor, his country, and the lives of nearly 3000 ppl. Why would he do that if to not support State action?

The same can be said for Chertoff who clearly betrayed his role as prosecutor in the criminal division.

Sent from our shared looking glass platform
Notconvinced is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 05:27 PM   #135
Notconvinced
Critical Thinker

Now, my collective experiences indicate that a suspicion of Mossad for the 9/11 attacks being unrelated to a bigoted pretext is just about as probable as a suspicion of radical feminist groups for the recent sexual attacks in Germany being unrelated to a bigoted pretext. And that probability is, to my eyes, very low.

That's all I'm saying. You're perfectly entitled to see things differently.

I didn't even consider Israeli involvement until many years after I understood that a drone was flown into WTC2, all three towers were bombed, and there was an effective coup in DC (via assault on the Pentagon and Congress).

I'm not certain of to what degree Mossad was complicit but the "dancing Israeli's" and "art students" with demolition training sure got my attention. If anything, they with certainty were only players in a bigger game.

Notconvinced is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 05:32 PM   #136
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Notconvinced View Post

snip... His name means 'military recruit' snip....
Oh really? Where did you source that gem from?
Old 21st January 2016, 05:43 PM   #137
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that their actions were State sponsored.

Chertoff is a duel citizen.
Michael Chertoff fights duels? Damn, that's an explosive revelation.

Do you have any credible evidence Chertoff holds official Israeli citizenship? I've never seen any.

Last edited by trustbutverify; 21st January 2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 21st January 2016, 05:48 PM   #138
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't even consider Israeli involvement until many years after I understood that a drone was flown into WTC2, all three towers were bombed, and there was an effective coup in DC (via assault on the Pentagon and Congress).

I'm not certain of to what degree Mossad was complicit but the "dancing Israeli's" and "art students" with demolition training sure got my attention. If anything, they with certainty were only players in a bigger game.
Are you trying to undermine my conclusion, or support it?
Old 21st January 2016, 06:43 PM   #139
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Of course it isn't - the word you wanted to use is "Jews". Because you are an anti-semite, believing, quite obviously, that being a Jew makes people suspicious.

Which state, pray tell? Israel? Why - what reasons would you have, other than rabid and blatant anti-semitism?

Chertoff is a duel citizen.
I asked you for evidence - twice. I am asking a third time: Show your evidence! You have none - you are an anti-semite, evidently.

Bazant I'm not certain.
Haha. Of course you are not certain - because he isn't! I am sure he even isn't a Jew. Look, I found the catholic baptism certificate of his grandfather (als Zdenek - line 4): http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/p...86/?strana=132

[ETA] Of the ca. 90,000 Jews of Prague before the beginning of German aggression, an estimated 90% were murdered in the Shoah. Of the rest, most escaped by emigration. Of the rest, about half emigrated to Israel shortly after WW2 and the establishment of communist rule. VERY few Jews remained in Prague. Zdenek Bazant the younger was born in Prague in 1937 and lived there until the 1960s - if he were a Jew, that would be an extraordinary circumstance you'd certainlly find mentioned in his vita somewhere. [/ETA]

His name means 'military recruit'...
You are a truther. How can I tell? Because you got all your "facts" wrong.
No. The name means "pheasant" (a bird).

perhaps he is deep cover.
You can fantasize to your hearts content; doesn't make any of it real.

You may want to produce people that grew up with him in Prague.
No - YOU want to provide evidence for the anti-semitic drivel you are dropping here.

Do we know he grew up there? A birth certificate doesn't prove he did.
You are a truther. How can I tell? Because you reject evidence even before you see it, if it refutes your fantasies.

What we do know is that he's worked diligently and almost with autonomy to create a ridiculously make believe collapse sequence which betrays his profession, his degree, his honor, his country, and the lives of nearly 3000 ppl. Why would he do that if to not support State action?
Libel.

Last edited by Oystein; 21st January 2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: ETA as tagged
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 09:42 PM   #140
Notconvinced
Critical Thinker

Of course it isn't - the word you wanted to use is "Jews". Because you are an anti-semite, believing, quite obviously, that being a Jew makes people suspicious.

Which state, pray tell? Israel? Why - what reasons would you have, other than rabid and blatant anti-semitism?

I asked you for evidence - twice. I am asking a third time: Show your evidence! You have none - you are an anti-semite, evidently.

Haha. Of course you are not certain - because he isn't! I am sure he even isn't a Jew. Look, I found the catholic baptism certificate of his grandfather (als Zdenek - line 4): http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/p...86/?strana=132

[ETA] Of the ca. 90,000 Jews of Prague before the beginning of German aggression, an estimated 90% were murdered in the Shoah. Of the rest, most escaped by emigration. Of the rest, about half emigrated to Israel shortly after WW2 and the establishment of communist rule. VERY few Jews remained in Prague. Zdenek Bazant the younger was born in Prague in 1937 and lived there until the 1960s - if he were a Jew, that would be an extraordinary circumstance you'd certainlly find mentioned in his vita somewhere. [/ETA]

You are a truther. How can I tell? Because you got all your "facts" wrong.
No. The name means "pheasant" (a bird).

You can fantasize to your hearts content; doesn't make any of it real.

No - YOU want to provide evidence for the anti-semitic drivel you are dropping here.

You are a truther. How can I tell? Because you reject evidence even before you see it, if it refutes your fantasies.

Libel.

Your accusation that I'm an antisemite is pure inaccurate paranoia. I've seen the ghettos in Prague, have you? As you undoubtedly know, a Catholic male in the lineage in no way negates ones Judaism. Whether or not he's a Jew is fundamentally irrelevant. What matters is that Bazant has betrayed the ethics of his profession, the natural laws of Newton, and in my estimation... America. That's a fact, not libel. His 'work' was instantaneously used to sell the 911 story. Can you even fathom how much blood is on his hands???

In the "discussions and closure" article, I located the spot in his calculus where he sets aside natural laws to justify his absurd and treasonous "crush down crush up" hypothesis. We can bring that up in another thread if you like.

Bazant also means military recruit, as you ALSO know.

Birth certificates are commonly forged by intelligence agencies of all counties, as you ALSO know.

Old 21st January 2016, 11:30 PM   #141
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... His name means 'military recruit'... perhaps he is deep cover. ...
911 truth... failure born in paranoia

Why so much BS and ignorance on math and physics from 911 truth?

Bazant, Deep cover, ... lol, this has to be a parody of 911 truth

Last edited by beachnut; 21st January 2016 at 11:33 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2016, 11:38 PM   #142
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Bazant = 4th century knitting needle.

See, I can make up definitions too.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:00 AM   #143
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Your accusation that I'm an antisemite is pure inaccurate paranoia. I've seen the ghettos in Prague, have you? As you undoubtedly know, a Catholic male in the lineage in no way negates ones Judaism. Whether or not he's a Jew is fundamentally irrelevant. What matters is that Bazant has betrayed the ethics of his profession, the natural laws of Newton, and in my estimation... America. That's a fact, not libel. His 'work' was instantaneously used to sell the 911 story. Can you even fathom how much blood is on his hands???

In the "discussions and closure" article, I located the spot in his calculus where he sets aside natural laws to justify his absurd and treasonous "crush down crush up" hypothesis. We can bring that up in another thread if you like.

Birth certificates are commonly forged by intelligence agencies of all counties, as you ALSO know.

Oystein asked you for evidence 3 times now, where is it?
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:07 AM   #144
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
911 truth... failure born in paranoia

Why so much BS and ignorance on math and physics from 911 truth?

Bazant, Deep cover, ... lol, this has to be a parody of 911 truth
Has to be. He's making fun of Twoofdom.
Old 22nd January 2016, 02:26 AM   #145
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Bazant I'm not certain. His name means 'military recruit'... perhaps he is deep cover.
Oh, that's priceless! A deep cover agent's name means "military recruit".

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 06:58 AM   #146
Jango
Graduate Poster

I suspect there are plants, but I don't have information about this particular man being one himself. What is available to be known though, which is apparent in other Americans too, is that there are people who inherently favor Israel above practically all else. Speculating about who is a plant is filler when questionable decisions and policies that have gone in Israel's favor that has cost the U.S. dearly are known. What is available to be known about the players involved suffices, so theorizing about the depths of conflict is irrelevant. However, it is worth pointing out that there was a recent episode in U.S.-Israel relations where the U.S. media revealed that the Prime Minister of Israel was trying to bribe members of the U.S. Congress to vote his way on the Iranian nuclear deal. It goes to show that corruption does occur between the two nations at high levels, but we need the facts to establish who is doing what rather than what they could be doing given their capabilities.
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:15 AM   #147
carlitos
"más divertido"

In what language is Bazant supposed to mean "military recruit?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:56 AM   #148
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Google Translate gives an alternative translation of "Rookie". I suspect it's as much a slang term as "rookie" is itself, so translating Bazant as "Military Recruit" would be about as accurate as translating the English surname Rook the same. But it's indicative of the bizarro world that Notconvinced inhabits that he thinks the meaning of someone's surname might be considered evidence as to their occupation or proclivities. I'm glad, actually, that it's such an obviously insane idea, because otherwise I'd be facing a whole shedload of sexual assault charges.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:54 AM   #149
pgimeno
Illuminator

Your accusation that I'm an antisemite is pure inaccurate paranoia.
I'd say it is well-founded in that your beliefs are driven by your prejudices, not by the evidence.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:17 AM   #150
Dave Rogers

Whether or not he's a Jew is fundamentally irrelevant.
This, after you invoked him as an example of an Israeli (which he obviously isn't) implicated in the 9/11 conspiracy (which he can't be, as it doesn't exist) as a defence against charges of anti-Semitism? Even your attempt at a defence against anti-Semitism is anti-Semitic, as you clearly realise from the way you're hastily trying to backtrack.

What matters is that Bazant has betrayed the ethics of his profession, the natural laws of Newton, and in my estimation... America. That's a fact, not libel.
No, it's libel, because it's (a) defamatory and (b) factually incorrect.

Dave

Old 22nd January 2016, 11:22 AM   #151
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jango View Post
I suspect there are plants, but I don't have information about this particular man being one himself.
Interesting. Which USG officials do you suspect of being Israeli "plants"? Which particular men do you have "information" indicating they are Israeli plants? Are you in favor of congress setting up a special committee to investigate Israeli agents in the USG?
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:11 PM   #152
Jango
Graduate Poster

Interesting. Which USG officials do you suspect of being Israeli "plants"? Which particular men do you have "information" indicating they are Israeli plants? Are you in favor of congress setting up a special committee to investigate Israeli agents in the USG?
1. I don't have anyone specific in mind, let alone a particular foreign country. It is the concept of foreign penetration into civilian-held government positions that I suspect.

2. If they have evidence of such a thing, yes, it should be investigated.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:34 PM   #153
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jango View Post
1. I don't have anyone specific in mind, let alone a particular foreign country. It is the concept of foreign penetration into civilian-held government positions that I suspect.

2. If they have evidence of such a thing, yes, it should be investigated.
1. Of course you don't have a particular foreign country in mind. Of course you don't. Just some double agents who happen to care about Israel more than anything else.

2. So you suspect foreign plants in the USG from some "unknown" nation, without a shred of reasonable evidence. Interesting.
Old 22nd January 2016, 02:18 PM   #154
Georgio
Muse

http://www.dictionaryczechenglish.co...-czech-english Came up with 'pheasant' with synonyms 'nováček' and 'zelenáč' for 'bažant'.

'Nováček' came up with, amongst many other things like 'beginner' and 'freshman' with 'recruit'. Same with 'zelenáč' really; 'greenhorn', 'layperson', 'newbie', 'rookie' etc...

There were other synonyms but the essence of the meaning of both terms seems to be 'newcomer' but not anything specifically to do with 'military' as far as I can see, and only to do with 'recruit' in as much as a newly recruited person (to anything) is a type of newcomer.

However, even if 'bažant' meant 'undercover agent', are secret agencies in the habit of including these kinds of clues in the names they choose for deep-cover agents?

@notconvinced - where did you read that 'bažant' means 'military recruit'?
Old 22nd January 2016, 02:33 PM   #155
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

No,not all Truthers are anti semites, but that so many Anti Semites have found a warm welcome and a home in 9/11 Truth says tons about the movement. And nothing very good.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 05:07 PM   #156
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
However, even if 'bažant' meant 'undercover agent', are secret agencies in the habit of including these kinds of clues in the names they choose for deep-cover agents?
That's why "they" assign their agents names that are only remotely sorta kinda related to their actual roles. Plausible deniability, sheeple.
Old 22nd January 2016, 05:11 PM   #157
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
No,not all Truthers are anti semites, but that so many Anti Semites have found a warm welcome and a home in 9/11 Truth says tons about the movement. And nothing very good.
I have a more radical view of it. I consider 9/11 Truth to be an antisemitic "movement" that warmly welcomes non-racists as well.

Last edited by trustbutverify; 22nd January 2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:17 PM   #158
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
@notconvinced - where did you read that 'bažant' means 'military recruit'?
I didn't see him refer to Bažant specifically. Bažant's first name is Zdeněk. Haven't looked that up.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:17 PM   #159
Jango
Graduate Poster

1. Of course you don't have a particular foreign country in mind. Of course you don't. Just some double agents who happen to care about Israel more than anything else.

2. So you suspect foreign plants in the USG from some "unknown" nation, without a shred of reasonable evidence. Interesting.
1. I didn't call the Israel-first people 'double agents'. I specifically said there is no available evidence for that.

2. It is not an unreasonable suspicion. The F.B.I., C.I.A. & N.S.A. have been penetrated before & the U.S. has turned foreign bureaucrats before too. This sort of thing happens in the intelligence business. -- To me, it is like terrorist sleeper cells. Do you know if any are currently inside the U.S.? Do you doubt that they are, even though you don't have evidence of them?
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:18 PM   #160
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
I didn't see him refer to Bažant specifically
He does in post 156 in response to Oystein saying it meant 'pheasant'

Bazant also means military recruit

Last edited by Georgio; 22nd January 2016 at 11:19 PM.
Georgio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories