ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th July 2019, 01:33 PM   #41
Lucian
Illuminator

Originally Posted by isissxn
Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
Truthfinder is not a site you want to go to. Not unless you want your computer searched.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/t...rning-security

WOT - something you should have on your computer.
Thank you, rjh01. Added to my extensions!

I guess the shady site people have a picture of my butt now, oh well.
Although they seem to have cleaned up their act, WoT has a bit of a shady past itself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT_Services
Lucian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 01:39 PM   #42
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Although they seem to have cleaned up their act, WoT has a bit of a shady past itself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT_Services
You can't trust anyone these days. That's what I heard at https://fortotesavirusdonotclickthis...loadtrojan.exe
Old 9th July 2019, 03:19 PM   #43
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by Faydra View Post
Years ago, my cousin fell in love with a man who was wanted by the FBI.

They fled from Oregon to our house in California, but my father found out and said "turn yourself in or leave".

So, he turned himself in. I was there when the FBI came and got him.

To this day I have no idea what he was wanted FOR.
We seriously need to get together and swap drunken stories. I think you could rival me!
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 04:35 PM   #44
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I have been in the US Army and work for the Feds in a Civilian job so I am sure I am on a number of government lists....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2019, 11:19 PM   #45
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Oh snap, I just found out I'm on a government list. It's the list to get in the dance club!!!

*raises the roof*
But you're not on the door list.

"You can't come in with those shoes, sunshine. And you aren't cool enough anyway."

...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:08 AM   #46
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I'm known to the authorities,
And they are known to me.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 10:42 AM   #47
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I have been in the US Army and work for the Feds in a Civilian job so I am sure I am on a number of government lists....
Yeah, I was a combat engineer and trained in making the boom.

I'm sure I'm on quite a few lists somewhere.

If I ever buy a significant quantity of fertilizer, I assume there'll be a knock at my door soon after
Old 10th July 2019, 01:53 PM   #48
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
But you're not on the door list.

"You can't come in with those shoes, sunshine. And you aren't cool enough anyway."
If it's not one thing...

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:29 PM   #49
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Probably a lie.
Evidence?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events