ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 11th July 2019, 10:44 AM   #1001
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
WSJ: Trump to Sign an Executive Action to Add Citizenship Question to Census

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...iUptz-rw8diD44
He's been saying this since a day after the court ruling. And he's been wavering back and forth. Must be two different voices getting into his head.

If he does, the Democrats will file for an injunction which they should get. Given that, maybe Trump will chicken out so he doesn't face a worse defeat.

And if they don't impeach him soon we're all in big trouble.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 11th July 2019 at 10:53 AM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 11:42 AM   #1002
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit

All of the best people will be attending this summit, meaning people who've sucked up to him in the past.

Quote:
The White House has repeatedly declined to release a list people it expects to attend, but some of the recipients have turned to social media to boast about being invited.
Among them are Bill Mitchell, a radio host who has promoted the extremist QAnon conspiracy theory on Twitter; Carpe Donktum, an anonymous troll who won a contest put on by the fringe media organization InfoWars for an anti-media meme; and Ali Alexander, an activist who attempted to smear Sen. Kamala Harris by saying she is not an "American black" following the first Democratic presidential debates.
Other eyebrow raising attendees include James O'Keefe, the guerrilla journalist whose group Project Veritas tried to trick reporters at the Washington Post by planting a source who told the paper that she had been impregnated as a teenager by failed Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore; Charlie Kirk, the founder of the right-wing student group Turning Point USA who sometimes posts misleading information on social media; and Benny Johnson, the journalist-turned-activist who was fired for plagiarism by BuzzFeed and demoted at the Independent Journal Review for violating company standards.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 11:47 AM   #1003
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
He's been saying this since a day after the court ruling. And he's been wavering back and forth. Must be two different voices getting into his head.

If he does, the Democrats will file for an injunction which they should get.
Yea, but why would ignoring two court orders be worse than one?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 12:21 PM   #1004
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Trump and Barr announce: supreme court decisions do not apply to the president
Make a note of the date - this is where it began.
Old 11th July 2019, 01:17 PM   #1005
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Yea, but why would ignoring two court orders be worse than one?
Not so much ignoring the court orders as people advising him like McConnell. Is McConnell supporting 'leave it alone, you are pushing too far', or go for it, once the data is collected they can't stuff it back in the toothpaste tube'.

I'd like to know who is telling babytrumpface what.
Old 11th July 2019, 02:43 PM   #1006
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Regarding being disappointed that the British Ambassador resigned...

Bad precedent. Trump now knows if any Ambassadors says bad things about him, he can have the government just refuse to work with them and they’ll resign. So he can pick and choose compliant Ambassadors.

Fits in with what a monarch might do.
I can pretty well guarantee they are all saying much the same as the UK ambassador.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 02:49 PM   #1007
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Back to the GOP wet-dream Census, CNN is saying this:
Quote:
But the president says he may issue an executive order to force the issue.

An executive order would not overturn court rulings, but it would give administration lawyers new basis to convince federal courts to include the question.
Sounds to me like the chicken **** way to talk tough and act like a wimp.

So what's this new plan? Make the issue about his Exe Order, given he appointed a couple of Presidential-powers-rule-all justices, instead of making it about what the order is?

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 11th July 2019 at 02:51 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 03:07 PM   #1008
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Back to the GOP wet-dream Census, CNN is saying this:Sounds to me like the chicken **** way to talk tough and act like a wimp.

So what's this new plan? Make the issue about his Exe Order, given he appointed a couple of Presidential-powers-rule-all justices, instead of making it about what the order is?
If Trump can make changes to expenditures through emergency declarations, change revenues through I-don't-even-know-what nonsense they justify that with, and overrule courts by executive order...

...let's just shut the lights off on Capitol Hill and the Supreme Court.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 03:35 PM   #1009
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Moved to new Census thread.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 11th July 2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11th July 2019, 03:36 PM   #1010
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
If Trump can make changes to expenditures through emergency declarations, change revenues through I-don't-even-know-what nonsense they justify that with, and overrule courts by executive order...

...let's just shut the lights off on Capitol Hill and the Supreme Court.
And stock up on ammo.We will need it .....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 03:48 PM   #1011
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And stock up on ammo.We will need it .....
That was my thought this morning, buy a gun. But now I think Trump caved. Someone surely told him, 'if you try it you will be impeached and the GOP may not save you'.

Next battle: contempt of court charges against Barr. But it looks like wrangling right now rather than direct confrontation.

Vox: The House just voted to hold AG William Barr in contempt of Congress
Quote:
The full House of Representatives passed a civil contempt resolution against Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials for failing to comply with congressional subpoenas Tuesday, on vote of 229-191. The vote came a day after House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler said his committee won’t pursue a criminal contempt citation against Barr.

Today’s vote is essentially a procedural green light that allows Nadler to take future action to get the unredacted report of special counsel Robert Mueller — but it’s more sweeping than his fight alone. With today’s vote, the House has now authorized all its committees to pursue and enforce civil contempt of Congress citations for Barr, former White House counsel Don McGahn, and other Trump administration officials if they continue to their blanket refusal of lawmakers’ subpoenas.

In other words, even though Nadler announced on Monday that he’ll hold off on taking Barr to court after the two reached a deal for Congress to see more of the Mueller report, he and other committee chairs will now have the House’s blessing to take Trump administration officials to court in the future. And they won’t have to get the authorization of the full House to do it each time. (However, each contempt request would also have to get approval from the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group.)
Old 11th July 2019, 04:13 PM   #1012
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Today, I am directing my Administration to explore all regulatory and legislative solutions to protect the free speech rights of ALL AMERICANS. We hope to see more transparency, more accountability, and more FREEDOM!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 05:32 PM   #1013
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
BoingBoing: "Trump Doral resort to host golf tourney run by strip club, dancers auctioned off as 'caddy girls'"
Popehat: "This seems like a very poor choice, to associate yourself with something tawdry, sordid, and widely looked down upon, with a reputation for criminality and grift.

The strip club should really reconsider."
Aww, they canceled it. Because the charity, which according to the original article wasn't registered as one anyhow, pulled out. Not because it made Trump look bad, nosiree.

I'll bet someone at the club's getting fired regardless.
Old 11th July 2019, 06:05 PM   #1014
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

It's not the same Acosta?
As has been pointed out repeatedly, no, it's not.

Trump Tweets

Today, I am directing my Administration to explore all regulatory and legislative solutions to protect the free speech rights of ALL AMERICANS. We hope to see more transparency, more accountability, and more FREEDOM!
Black is White! White is Black!

In random news of some interest -

Voting Machine Makers Claim The Names Of The Entities That Own Them Are Trade Secrets

Quote:
Even this minimal amount of transparency had to be extracted at Board-point. While it's true private companies such as these are under no obligation to inform the public about the details of their ownership, they're all involved with providing goods and services to government agencies. Government agencies hooking up with private companies that treat ownership details as trade secrets isn't a good idea -- not when the government has certain transparency obligations.

Even with the release of these details, there's still plenty of secrecy to go around. Election security advocate Lynn Berstein says the ownership of voting machine companies is a deliberate, multi-layered mess designed to obscure who's running these shops -- and to possibly hide a bunch of stuff that looks like corruption, fraud, or general financial malfeasance.

One of ES&S's subsidiaries (and there are at least 39 of those) -- Meritage Homes Corp. -- shuffled some securities ownership the same day the North Carolina election board asked it to provide information about the company's ownership. Maybe it's a coincidence. Or maybe ES&S was offloading a politically-inconvenient owner. Whatever the case is, it certainly doesn't look good.
Yeah... this is one of the problems in the background that likely doesn't get as much attention as it should.

Also, here's a bit on some of the stress and unhappiness facing climate scientists from Mother Jones. Really short version - a lot of them are having a tough time, for reasons that should likely be pretty obvious.
Old 11th July 2019, 06:38 PM   #1015
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
There's actually no particular reason to think that they wouldn't try to deport
legal immigrants and refugees, or at least those of the "wrong" race
(which is also part of the form - although in some parts of the country it's
popular to fill in "American", it'd be odd to do this and then say that you aren't
a citizen).

Au contraire. Because of fines and other legal encumbrances, they form
a vital part of the states' economy. In Tennessee we got rid of the death
tax and the income tax by creating a permanently poor underclass.

Quote:

Court Policies Punish The Poor by Travis Loller

For years, state and city officials in the U.S. — unwilling to raise taxes — have
steadily increased their reliance on court fines and fees to balance budgets.
Poor defendants who can't pay are jailed, clogging local lockups with people
who in many cases have not been convicted of any crime and putting others
on a probation that doesn't end until all debts are erased.

A growing number of legal groups and nonprofit organizations throughout the
U.S. are challenging these practices, but they continue — despite a 1983 U.S.
Supreme Court decision that found it unconstitutional to incarcerate defendants
too poor to pay fines.

In Oklahoma, for example, the Washington-based Civil Rights Corps, which
has litigated more than 20 lawsuits since it was founded in 2016 to undo various
aspects of "user-funded justice," is challenging policies that it claims have led to
one of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

Counties across the state of Oklahoma refer debt collection to a for-profit
company, Aberdeen Enterprizes II, which adds an additional 30 percent fee
and threatens debtors with arrest. Many of those who can't pay are not just
thrown in jail; they're also made to pay for their incarceration, further increasing
their debt.
Old 11th July 2019, 07:21 PM   #1016
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I had to answer one of those early long form censuses they sent out. It was mandatory. The website said if I didn't answer online, they would send me a hard copy. They did. The website said if I still didn't answer they would send someone out to help me. I didn't get the form done and they sent a guy out. I wrote in 'human' under race. He argued with me. I told him I wasn't going to write something untrue and there were no human races, only one race. I told him he could change it but I wasn't going to. That's how it ended.

Everyone should answer "mixed".

Or "assorted".

Kind of like a box of candy.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 09:38 PM   #1017
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
As has been pointed out repeatedly, no, it's not.
That post was 8 hours ago. How about you catch up before making uncalled for rude statements like "pointed out repeatedly".
Old 11th July 2019, 09:39 PM   #1018
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Or "assorted".

Assorted is great.
Old 11th July 2019, 09:49 PM   #1019
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Nice piece on Trump here, as he drums up a billion bucks for re-election: https://www.truthdig.com/articles/ar...ump-yet-again/

I smell the stench of Mercers in the targeting.
Old 11th July 2019, 10:10 PM   #1020
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Trump Tweets

Does that mean it will become possible to find out what Trump is up to, hold him accountable and criticize him without him throwing childish tantrums and declaring you an Enemy of The People?
Old 11th July 2019, 10:13 PM   #1021
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

LOL. As if Trump thinks anyone who dissents is a real American.........
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 10:17 PM   #1022
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
In other 45 news, the Federal Court of Appeal dismissed Maryland and D.C.'s emoluments case on the grounds that the State and the District are unable to clearly demonstrate the monies spent by foreign nations at these hotels, and Trump continuing to obtain incomes over and above his salary save those permitted by Congress are solely due to POTUS' and not potentially due to other attractions that they cannot allow the matters to proceed. Oh, and the lack of enforcement mechanism for these clauses of the CONUS also meant that the court can do nothing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dc/1692486001/

In short, the emoluments clause has no teeth, the court won't enforce it anyway and should Saudi Arabia declare 45 a Prince of the Realm and he accepts, there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Jimmy Carter sold his goddamn peanut farm to become President.

Carter wasn't a 21st century Republican.

He was a politician of the old school, who was willing to pay at least some attention to the forms and spirit of propriety. Even if it cost him a few dollars out of his own pocket.

As well as being a genuinely good man. Probably too good to have been a POTUS. It's a job for idealogues of convenience, apparently, not idealists.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 10:18 PM   #1023
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Does that mean it will become possible to find out what Trump is up to, hold him accountable and criticize him without him throwing childish tantrums and declaring you an Enemy of The People?
This was part of his build-up to his disastrous confab with his favorite alt-right internet "victims of persecution". The one where he saluted that great American, James O'Keefe.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 12:00 AM   #1024
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

That post was 8 hours ago. How about you catch up before making uncalled for rude statements like "pointed out repeatedly".
Hmm? It wasn't intended to be rude, though?

Anyways, moving on.

In yet another example of right-wing "civility," Trump's pity party about how he isn't more loved on social media and in the news pretty much ended on the note of Gorka trying to make a brawl happen in the Rose Garden. Looks like Breitbart's headline is actually claiming that one did happen, for that matter.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:28 AM   #1025
a_unique_person

A rope dividing the press curious like a fence at the football in England dividing the fans?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:03 AM   #1026
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

US census 2020: Trump retreats on citizenship question

Quote:
President Donald Trump will no longer pursue adding a question on citizenship to the 2020 US census questionnaire.

Instead, he said officials would obtain the information through an executive order for government agencies, as court challenges would have delayed a census.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48959538
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:22 AM   #1027
Belz...
Fiend God

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!
Great looking?

That has got to be a troll post.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:56 AM   #1028
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader......

....When Mitt chose Paul I told people that’s the end of that Presidential run. He quit Congress because he didn’t know how to Win. They gave me standing O’s in the Great State of Wisconsin, & booed him off the stage. He promised me the Wall, & failed (happening anyway!)......

....He had the Majority & blew it away with his poor leadership and bad timing. Never knew how to go after the Dems like they go after us. Couldn’t get him out of Congress fast enough!
Old 12th July 2019, 02:59 AM   #1029
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump previously tweeted

Quote:
Paul Ryan is a truly good man, and while he will not be seeking re-election he will leave a legacy of achievement that nobody can question. We are with you Paul.
Quote:
So great to have the endorsement of Paul Ryan. We will both be working very hard to Make America Great Again

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 12th July 2019 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12th July 2019, 03:02 AM   #1030
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
leaving his Party in the lurch
Isn't it supposed to be Donald's party too?
Old 12th July 2019, 03:08 AM   #1031
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
WSJ: Trump to Sign an Executive Action to Add Citizenship Question to Census

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...iUptz-rw8diD44
Does anyone know if WSJ articles can be accessed w/o a paywall?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 03:25 AM   #1032
a_unique_person

Trump Tweets

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader......

....When Mitt chose Paul I told people that’s the end of that Presidential run. He quit Congress because he didn’t know how to Win. They gave me standing O’s in the Great State of Wisconsin, & booed him off the stage. He promised me the Wall, & failed (happening anyway!)......

....He had the Majority & blew it away with his poor leadership and bad timing. Never knew how to go after the Dems like they go after us. Couldn’t get him out of Congress fast enough!
Amazing to have a live stream of the hate that courses through this guy's head
Old 12th July 2019, 03:45 AM   #1033
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Trump and Barr announce: supreme court decisions do not apply to the president

"Trump expected to order citizenship question added to the census" (NBC)

and by the way, the election is also cancelled. It would end in an embarrassing way for Trump.
That must be why the two tucked their tails between their legs and announced they wouldn't ask the question. When Trump fails the nation succeeds.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:32 AM   #1034
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!

I'm still trying to figure out what this means. Elizabeth Warren is almost 42 Native Americans? That's a lot of Indian for one person.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 05:53 AM   #1035
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Or "assorted".

“Race is like a box of chocolates...”

Old 12th July 2019, 06:00 AM   #1036
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
...When I ultimately leave office in six......

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding),..

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!..
I was really hoping this was satire. In fact, I concluded it probably was so at first I didn't reply. I didn't think even Trump couldn't be this nuts. The idea that the president of the United States, the current president, actually wrote those words is insane. Any previous president would have been laughed out of office. But thanks to Trump's idiot supporters, we're supposed to take him seriously.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:19 AM   #1037
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
I was really hoping this was satire. In fact, I concluded it probably was so at first I didn't reply. I didn't think even Trump couldn't be this nuts. The idea that the president of the United States, the current president, actually wrote those words is insane. Any previous president would have been laughed out of office. But thanks to Trump's idiot supporters, we're supposed to take him seriously.
....but not literally

Many of his supporters live him because they think he's just like them only with fame, class and money.

Many like him because he drives Liberals crazy with everything he says and does.

The GOP loves him because he's great at distracting people while they ensure that they, and their cronies, are stuffing their pockets.

The twitter chain is and example of the now de-facto standard of Presidential communication.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:31 AM   #1038
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I have to say that I am impressed by Trump's skill to literally single-handedly fill the entire news-cycle, day after day, week after week, year after year.
I know that he does nothing else all day, but still...
Old 12th July 2019, 07:19 AM   #1039
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...-scuffle-gorka

Quote:
A scuffle appeared to break out Thursday in the Rose Garden between far-right influencers and members of the White House press corps after President Trump held a news conference.

New York Times reporter Katie Rogers posted a of video the scene, showing former White House official and conservative pundit Sebastian Gorka calling someone a “punk.” Someone off camera could be heard saying Gorka could kick a reporter’s “punk ass.”
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...-scuffle-gorka
Old 12th July 2019, 07:51 AM   #1040
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Isn't it supposed to be Donald's party too?
"Donald's party" could be taken as implying ownership. That's certainly the way he sees it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics