ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th July 2019, 02:36 AM   #41
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You better watch that video I've posted instead of spamming wikipedia junk.
We await, with bated breath, your repudiation of the accuracy of the linked piece, specifically that Yaxley-Lennon has twice been convicted of assault.

Try to put the paragraph you posted into context of the whole issue. You are clueless. "Tommy" being a guy with a rather simple minded focus, but a focus his early life brought to him, against the full machine of a society that is much worse than he thought it is, and much worse than you can even imagine until you allow yourself to sink into that information space you arrogantly believe you know to be an imagination .

The Conspiracy Theories section is here.
Perhaps you could post your nonsensical ramblings there?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:39 AM   #42
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
The case was about pedophilia. Robinson's repeat actions, in blatant defiance of a legal ruling not to do so, could be reasonably construed as trying to support a potential pedophile in a court case by disrupting the legal process leading to a mistrial.
They're also rather hypocritical given his comments about a fifteen year old girl on Twitter.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:40 AM   #43
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
No. What was shown is that he didn't give a damn about justice if he could use the trial to gain publicity for himself.
This. Like most of the conspiracy peddlers it's all about his own ego and opportunity for gain from the dumb.
Old 12th July 2019, 03:03 AM   #44
3point14
Pi

"Tommy Robinson" is a small time single issue activist whose activism is non-violent. What "the man" did to him is unjust to the core, as you can see if you actually make yourself familiar with the issue (I recommend the video I've posted). The fact that everybody here knows and hates him is a testimony to the unwise (on top of unjust) treatment of these kind of people by the oh-so tolerant "western" systems. The alternative explanation to why everybody knows him was provided by IsThisTheLife and is peddled on sites likes DailyStormer: He's a Zionist shill.

I assume you've not seen the multiple videos of him just punching those he disagrees with?

On second thought, forget it. I will never get to where you are from where I am. But have a nice day.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 03:20 AM   #45
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
II will never get to where you are from where I am.

That's unfortunate. Don't give up too early.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:15 AM   #46
Manger Douse
Thinker

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Can we stop calling him "Tommy Robinson"? Because that's not his name.

FB_IMG_1562887781134.jpg
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:28 AM   #47
Information Analyst
Philosopher

I don't want to disturb the two minutes of hate, but I still would recommend to ... see sig. Here's an interview with "Tommy" that Martin Sellner's wife (married some days ago) did with him in Vienna a good year ago (the intent to do it in the UK got her banned from entering the country before). I don't really agree with their politics but the way they are treated - non-violent dissidents after all - says a lot about our societies, especially the "British" one. You know that he got that for Brits unusually nice teeth after an Islamist prison gang removed the natural one?
Reality fail.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:29 AM   #48
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

He is a career criminal;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48942411

Tommy Robinson's key convictions:
2005: Jailed for assault occasioning actual bodily harm (12 months)
2011: Community order for football brawl (12 months)
2013: Travelling on another man's passport to the USA (10 months)
2014: Mortgage fraud (18 months)
Others offences: Possession of drugs, threatening behaviour and breach of court order

Contempt of court findings:
May 2017: Canterbury Crown Court: three months suspended for 18 months
July 2019: Guilty of contempt of court in relation to trial at Leeds Crown Court in 2018. Jailed for nine months.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:30 AM   #49
3point14
Pi

That's unfortunate. Don't give up too early.
I tell you what. I'll watch the videos of a man you claim to be non-violent sucker punching people and happily carry myself further away from your fantasy.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:31 AM   #50
Information Analyst
Philosopher

"Tommy Robinson" is a small time single issue activist whose activism is non-violent.
How desperately naïve of you.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:47 AM   #51
Lothian
should be banned

Tommy is a God damn hero. Standing up for and giving a voice to violent white racist thugs who are being discriminated against when it comes to jobs and opportunities solely on the grounds of being uneducated, unskilled scum.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 04:50 AM   #52
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

"Tommy Robinson" is a small time single issue activist..
Wrong, he has bounced around various issues over the years and was recently active in his campaigns about CSE and freedom of speech.

Quote:
whose activism is non-violent.
His previous convictions for assault and the regular disturbances that his followers cause prove your claims is wrong.

Quote:
What "the man" did to him is unjust to the core, as you can see if you actually make yourself familiar with the issue (I recommend the video I've posted). The fact that everybody here knows and hates him is a testimony to the unwise (on top of unjust) treatment of these kind of people by the oh-so tolerant "western" systems. The alternative explanation to why everybody knows him was provided by IsThisTheLife and is peddled on sites likes DailyStormer: He's a Zionist shill.
I don't like him because he is a career criminal who liked to whip up hatred and anger, as he tries to make as much money for himself as possible. Though his £900k home is apparently on the market due to a drop in his earnings.
Old 12th July 2019, 06:45 AM   #53
Joe Random
Graduate Poster

I assume you've not seen the multiple videos of him just punching those he disagrees with?

On second thought, forget it. I will never get to where you are from where I am. But have a nice day.

As a Yank who has only followed this story peripherally : do you have links handy to videos or articles about the above? Not asking as a challenge, I'm honestly curious. I'd heard about the passport incident and football brawls, but again since I've never really delved into it I hadn't heard of the 'punch because I disagree' bit and I'm assuming a random Googling would land me on sites heavily biased one way or the other.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 06:59 AM   #54
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
As a Yank who has only followed this story peripherally : do you have links handy to videos or articles about the above? Not asking as a challenge, I'm honestly curious. I'd heard about the passport incident and football brawls, but again since I've never really delved into it I hadn't heard of the 'punch because I disagree' bit and I'm assuming a random Googling would land me on sites heavily biased one way or the other.

This is the first one that pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozbt5BjXyTE

and there's this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/578701...an-no-go-zone/

There are others.

Many of the other are in response to deadly milkshake attacks, so they are subtly different in nature. (Nobody should throw anything at anyone, no matter how much of a nazi the other might thing their target is)

Old 12th July 2019, 07:03 AM   #55
Arcade22
Philosopher

You better watch that video I've posted instead of spamming wikipedia junk. Try to put the paragraph you posted into context of the whole issue. You are clueless. "Tommy" being a guy with a rather simple minded focus, but a focus his early life brought to him, against the full machine of a society that is much worse than he thought it is, and much worse than you can even imagine until you allow yourself to sink into that information space you arrogantly believe you know to be an imagination .
For someone who claims to be against racism, fascism, nationalism and etc you have a strange tendency to sympathize and make excuses for such people all the time. Now you are sticking up for football hoolinganism and racist thugs?
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner

Last edited by Arcade22; 12th July 2019 at 07:05 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 07:07 AM   #56
Joe Random
Graduate Poster

This is the first one that pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozbt5BjXyTE

and there's this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/578701...an-no-go-zone/

There are others.

Many of the other are in response to deadly milkshake attacks, so they are subtly different in nature. (Nobody should throw anything at anyone, no matter how much of a nazi the other might thing their target is)

Thanks for those.

A criticism I noticed of that first vid was how the uploaded version supposedly omitted whatever it was which led up to the posted part (did seem there was some significant backstory missing). But unless that part included the punchee attacking TR first then it looks like the sort of unwarranted escalation I'd decried in the 'punch a Nazi' threads - force in response to words. Commenters claim the punchee had been harassing TR and family for a while in the omitted part. Even if true unless that harassment involved actual threats, then again we're at unwarranted escalation. At least IMO

I don't have enough info to have an opinion on the case against him itself (or the man's stance on wider issues), but so far it looks like he's most likely the sort of person who prefers to speak with fists, and the sort one really wouldn't want on one's side of any issue (other than maybe "what's the best street brawling fighting style?").
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 07:34 AM   #57
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
For someone who claims to be against racism, fascism, nationalism and etc you have a strange tendency to sympathize and make excuses for such people all the time. Now you are sticking up for football hoolinganism and racist thugs?

I can't remember claiming to oppose any of those stances. Which doesn't mean I do endorse them. Like defending "Tommy" against the incredibly vicious treatment he got from the UK system doesn't mean I endorse his politics. It's actually worse. Me watching "the enemy" shows me totalitarian tactics they are treated with. Watch his speech at Oxford University (mentioned in the interview I've linked) if you still fail to comprehend;

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 12th July 2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: writing BS in foreign language
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 07:58 AM   #58
carlitos
"más divertido"

Successful thread here.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 08:20 AM   #59
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
You really think this sounds like someone trying to enable pedophilia?

It sound more like someone who insists that since these particular pedophiles belong to a certain religion, religion must be the cause of their pedophilia - much the same way that people in this forum and elsewhere argue that since Muslim terrorists are (obviously) Muslims, their religion must be responsible for their terrorism.
I very rarely see people argue that Christianity is the cause of Catholic pedophiles or Evangelical terrorists ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 08:37 AM   #60
Arcade22
Philosopher

I can't remember claiming to oppose any of those stances. Which doesn't mean I do endorse them. Like defending "Tommy" against the incredibly vicious treatment he got from the UK system doesn't mean I endorse his politics. It's actually worse. Me watching "the enemy" shows me totalitarian tactics they are treated with. Watch his speech at Oxford University (mentioned in the interview I've linked) if you still fail to comprehend;

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Yeah poor old Tommy is a innocent victim of the very very evil west. There is no freedom of speech there, only in Russia can the truth be told. Only someone like Putin can tell the world that in sick degenerate west they allow rapefugees to rape and murder with impunity. In the UK saying this truth is illegal!
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 09:11 AM   #61
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I AGREE
What "vicious" treatment?
Old 12th July 2019, 09:16 AM   #62
3point14
Pi

Being prosecuted like a regular bloke rather than having carte blanche to do what the hell he likes.

Bloody establishment.

Old 12th July 2019, 10:40 AM   #63
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Throwing him into prison cells next to hardcore criminals who were just waiting to kill him, on trumped up charges.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:53 AM   #64
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Throwing him into prison cells next to hardcore criminals who were just waiting to kill him, on trumped up charges.
The charges weren't trumped up, he clearly was in contempt of court.

How do you define "hardcore" criminals, is it people in prison for say assaulting other people?

Also why would other criminals be wanting to specifically kill him?

And how do you know where he will serve his sentence?
Old 12th July 2019, 11:03 AM   #65
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Watch the ***** video interview I've posted in #17 if you are truly interested. These are things in the past. This time it might end his life.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 12th July 2019 at 11:05 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:04 AM   #66
carlitos
"más divertido"

Tommy Robinson has spent around 20% of his adult life being incarcerated; I'm sure that he'll be able to cope.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:19 AM   #67
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'd suggest deporting him to Pakistan, or Iran, or Saudi.
Give him asylum but specify it will only apply if he lives in Bakersfield, California. A few months there would make thim flee back to the UK to face the music gladly.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:21 AM   #68
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Once again amused that CE, who is on the far left of the political spectrum by any standards, is always defending right wing extremists.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:43 AM   #69
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Watch the ***** video interview I've posted in #17 if you are truly interested. These are things in the past. This time it might end his life.
Not seeing how that answers the questions I asked.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:48 AM   #70
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Like defending "Tommy" against the incredibly vicious treatment he got from the UK system...

He was given a suspended sentence for contempt (filming in and around court buildings and putting it on the internet) in 2017, and told:
Quote:
In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 11:49 AM   #71
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Tommy Robinson has spent around 20% of his adult life being incarcerated; I'm sure that he'll be able to cope.
If the very very evil British government, in cahoots with the "pre$$titutes lugenpresse", couldn't discretely kill this violent thug even though it would've had the perfect opportunity to do so I doubt they could intentionally kill him now.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:50 AM   #72
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Not seeing how that answers the questions I asked.

Entirely your problem. I'm not obliged to give you any special session.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:11 PM   #73
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Entirely your problem. I'm not obliged to give you any special session.
I'll have to take it your claims are therefore unfounded.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:36 PM   #74
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

I'll have to take it your claims are therefore unfounded.
Why can't you just fall for the guy's ludicrous propaganda like CE has?
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 12:39 PM   #75
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Once again amused that CE, who is on the far left of the political spectrum by any standards, is always defending right wing extremists.

"Principles". Look it up. btw the reason why the whole world is laughing at your regime hating on Iran while being BFF with Saudi-Barbaria.

Darat: If you have to, feel welcome.
Old 12th July 2019, 01:06 PM   #76
ThatGuy11200
Thinker

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Give him asylum but specify it will only apply if he lives in Bakersfield, California. A few months there would make thim flee back to the UK to face the music gladly.
Maybe he can claim asylum in Israel instead.

https://twitter.com/YairNetanyahu/st...72334081478659

Quote:
Yair Netanyahu

@YairNetanyahu

Replying to @geertwilderspvv

I support him too! Shame on Britain! Tommy is a political prisoner!
That's Benjamin Netanyahu's son coming out in support of the far-right thug.

What a backwards world we live in.
ThatGuy11200 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 01:15 PM   #77
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I'll say it (again?): I know people like "Tommy". Not very complex in thinking, but with a high motivation and talent to do what they think is right. I therefore take almost at face-value what he told Brittany in this interview, including how he was placed into the UK prison system in a dungeon where he had no choice but to physically hit a random Muslim (so he said it went, "who is a Muslim") because he knew that would put him in solitary confinement, away from the for-live imprisoned Islamist freaks who were threatening his life. This is real, happening in prisons all over "the West". You don't have to believe in any "Islam is evil" nonsense, and I have spoken out about that on this forum, to believe that "Tommy" has been deliberately put into live-threatening positions for his political views, not his maybe boorish manners.
Old 12th July 2019, 01:41 PM   #78
carlitos
"más divertido"

Here's Tommy Robinson punching out a soccer fan this June.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2019/06/to...to-the-ground/

Tommy punching people on video is not a rare occurrence. I found 3 videos all less than 24 months old in like 2 seconds of googling.

Maybe violent, anti-social nazi douchebags shouldn't violate the terms of their contempt of court proceedings, and they won't end up in jail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TR-1.jpg (61.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg TR-2.jpg (57.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by carlitos; 12th July 2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12th July 2019, 01:59 PM   #79
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
This is a majorly long bow to draw, and totally in opposition to what the court found.

I suggest you read the ruling posted above.

Here are some highlights for you....

You really think this sounds like someone trying to enable pedophilia?
No. What was shown is that he didn't give a damn about justice if he could use the trial to gain publicity for himself.
Oh dear. Seems I misread the reasons why he was jailed. Thanks for correcting me. Must try to be more careful in future.

And on the evidence subsequently provided, he does seem to be a violence and publicity addicted racist scumbag.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 02:03 PM   #80
Archie Gemmill Goal
Philosopher

This time it might end his life.
Let's hope so. Won't be missed.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events