ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Reply
Old 1st March 2019, 03:55 AM   #1001
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,730
The Qur'an corrects the mistakes of the false Injil/Torah

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Again:



There's no one else named Joshua.



He was Jesus.



Jesus is the nephew of Moses and he has come to earth much earlier than you think.



The Yusha mentioned in the False Torah(hadith book) is actually Isa/Jesus.



I showed this in my Turkish article:



http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2018/...-ve-harun.html


Why do you keep spamming links to articles in Turkish when most the people here don’t read Turkish? Are you really that inept at assessing your audience?
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2019, 04:44 AM   #1002
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Again:

There's no one else named Joshua.

He was Jesus.

Jesus is the nephew of Moses and he has come to earth much earlier than you think.

The Yusha mentioned in the False Torah(hadith book) is actually Isa/Jesus.

I showed this in my Turkish article:

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2018/...-ve-harun.html
That would mean the History of Rome is off as well? You do realize that Rome has its own history right? People tend to compare the history of different cultures to see if one mentions the other when they want to verify or disqualify something.

The problem you're getting into is the realization that Roman history sets a date on a few things relating to Jesus and Christians. The Roman emperor Nero blamed Christians for the fire that destroyed Rome in 64 A.D. , Tacitus, Annals 15.44 (partial quote) :

"Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their
centre and become popular.
Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired."

So there is no possible way Jesus could have been around 1500 or 1600 years before the very specific date of 64 A.D.

If this is up for debate I'd love to see a cultural history cross reference that compares with the writings in the koran on this matter.

Make no mistake, I don't care if you worship Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, or a potato, I'm only interested in the accuracy of the history. If you can prove your position there's likely a book deal waiting for you on this one issue alone.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2019, 06:57 AM   #1003
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
There's no one else named Joshua.
Bwhahaha!

Quote:
Jesus is the nephew of Moses and he has come to earth much earlier than you think.
Except that have other sources that confirm when the Jesus phenomenon started. You don't get to tell us your book "corrects" the errors of others when the others are all consistent with themselves and with all other records of the setting and venue, and when the best you can come up with to defend the Qur'an is a bunch of naked dicta surrounded by "dog ate my homework" levels of excuses.

All you're demonstrating here is that you've swallowed some dogmatic imam's Kool-Aid and like the taste.

Quote:
I showed this in my Turkish article:
Yes, we get it, You're shilling for your blog. We don't care. You're not a great imam or a great rabbi or a great scholar. Nobody here is going to agree that you are, no matter how much you spam our forum with your homegrown pseudo-Islamic nonsense.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2019, 03:32 PM   #1004
MEequalsIxR
Critical Thinker
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 470
Emre - what do you think of people who do not accept your beliefs or your religion or your Koran? Of for that matter your version of what the Koran means? Do you think people should be free to hold their own beliefs or forced to accept your view?
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 05:39 PM   #1005
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
Emre - what do you think of people who do not accept your beliefs or your religion or your Koran? Of for that matter your version of what the Koran means? Do you think people should be free to hold their own beliefs or forced to accept your view?
I'm doing my human duty and telling the truth, only.

It is already the aim of the test.

Everybody's gonna face himself.

In this way (free will) everyone will understand why he went to paradise or why went to hell.

The test world is based on freedom.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 06:30 PM   #1006
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
That would mean the History of Rome is off as well? You do realize

"Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their
centre and become popular.
Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired."

So there is no possible way Jesus could have been around 1500 or 1600 years before the very specific date of 64 A.D.

If this is up for debate I'd love to see a cultural history cross reference that compares with the writings in the koran on this matter.

.

Chris B.

I said that Jesus/Joshua is the nephew of Moses and he lived in much older times than your think.

The source you're referring to is about the people who started their faith during the Roman period.

You did not present any evidence of Mary's son, Jesus, and you can't.

But even non-Muslim researchers are able to provide evidence that Jesus lived in Moses ages.

Example;

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-House-P.../dp/1591430275

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Was-Jesus.../dp/1850435626

(Kamal Salibi was a Christian researcher. Of course, unless his faith has changed...)
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 07:16 PM   #1007
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I said that Jesus/Joshua is the nephew of Moses and he lived in much older times than your think.

The source you're referring to is about the people who started their faith during the Roman period.

You did not present any evidence of Mary's son, Jesus, and you can't.

But even non-Muslim researchers are able to provide evidence that Jesus lived in Moses ages.

Example;

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-House-P.../dp/1591430275

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Was-Jesus.../dp/1850435626

(Kamal Salibi was a Christian researcher. Of course, unless his faith has changed...)
No. You are attempting to confuse Joseph and Jesus. I cited proof of one of these individuals (Jesus) as found in a cultural cross reference of Roman history. This reference is made in the time of the Roman Emperor Nero, the burning of the city, and 64 A.D. These are undisputed historic non religious facts taken from Roman history, not a religious text.

You are making the mistake of trying to validate your incorrect opinion based on books written by individuals with a certain religion as their basis of study rather than cross culture reference of historical facts.

I specifically asked for a historical cross reference. That means a nonreligious historical reference taken from another culture to validate your claim. You have not done this and until you do, you are fooling no one but yourself and clinging to false ideas that have no place in history or fact.

Again, if you can back up your claims with fact, not opinions of others, but historical fact, then you have a case for your claim. If you make a claim and back it up by saying some other authors think the same way as I do, those are shared opinions and not facts. Opinions not based in fact are lies as far as History is concerned.

Placing one invalidated text above another validated text should give you cause for alarm if you are really seeking truth. It's all about the verifiable history of cross references with other cultures. Without these you can simply keep harping "My book is better than your book because (Insert any invalid reason or opinion you choose here)" but in reality, you're lying to yourself and others without any facts to back up the opinion.

I'm sorry but your claim still does not stand up to a comparison with verifiable cross culture history.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 07:34 PM   #1008
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
No. You are attempting to confuse Joseph and Jesus. I cited proof of one of these individuals (Jesus) as found in a cultural cross reference of Roman history. This reference is made in the time of the Roman Emperor Nero, the burning of the city, and 64 A.D. These are undisputed historic non religious facts taken from Roman history, not a religious text.

You are making the mistake of trying to validate your incorrect opinion based on books written by individuals with a certain religion as their basis of study rather than cross culture reference of historical facts.



Chris B.
1- The books I gave are giving historical proofs.

But you can't.

2-You do not read my words carefully.

3- Even the example you gave proves what the Qur'an says.

Jesus was not the one on the cross.


Quran 4:157 For their saying, "We have killed the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God!" They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they had. Those who dispute are in doubt of him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.

4- And there are a lot of people who live the crucifixion thing.

Except for Jesus...
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 07:46 PM   #1009
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I said that Jesus/Joshua is the nephew of Moses and he lived in much older times than your think.
Yes, you said this. You're wrong.

Quote:
The source you're referring to is about the people who started their faith during the Roman period.
That's when the Christian faith started, because that's when Jesus started it.

Quote:
You did not present any evidence of Mary's son, Jesus, and you can't.
He doesn't have to. Whether Jesus was real or not, the stuff attributed to him hit the ground in Roman times, not in 1600 BCE. This is the historical context with which you cannot reconcile your claims.

Quote:
But even non-Muslim researchers...
You don't have a good track record of selecting researchers. Remember when you cited the book by the guy who believes James Bond was real?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:02 PM   #1010
MEequalsIxR
Critical Thinker
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 470
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I'm doing my human duty and telling the truth, only.

It is already the aim of the test.

Everybody's gonna face himself.

In this way (free will) everyone will understand why he went to paradise or why went to hell.

The test world is based on freedom.
Well that was a non answer. I expected as much.
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:01 PM   #1011
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
 
ChrisBFRPKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,049
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
1- The books I gave are giving historical proofs.

But you can't.

2-You do not read my words carefully.

3- Even the example you gave proves what the Qur'an says.

Jesus was not the one on the cross.


Quran 4:157 For their saying, "We have killed the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God!" They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they had. Those who dispute are in doubt of him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.

4- And there are a lot of people who live the crucifixion thing.

Except for Jesus...
1. No, the book titles you provided are not "giving historical proofs"

Partial description from one of your cited sources "Jesus in the House of the Pharaohs: The Essene Revelations on the Historical Jesus":

"Using the evidence available from archaeology, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Koran, the Talmud, and biblical sources, Ahmed Osman provides a compelling case that both Jesus and Joshua were one and the same"

Once again, comparing one religious book to another without a cultural history cross reference is only unsupported opinion. I hope you can eventually understand this.

2. I read your words and understand them perfectly. I don't agree with your words because they provide an opinion not based on historical evidence and fact. The failure for you to realize this is becoming disturbing.

3. I realize what the Koran says but that does not make it true. Without a cross culture historical reference, those words are without merit.

4. Yes there are many Christians. Christians are mentioned and documented in the history of other cultures such as Rome as I pointed out. There is little need to proclaim any religion besides your religion of choice is wrong. Especially when you argue from comparisons of their texts as your evidence. I could argue that they're all wrong with the same zeal if compared to my collection of Silver Surfer comic books.

Chris B.
__________________
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 2nd March 2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: sp
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:09 PM   #1012
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
I'd like to know how Christians, who were so named after their god Jesus Christ, were known to be around more than a thousand years before Jesus Christ himself even existed.

Supposing any of the fairy-tale is true, of course.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:05 AM   #1013
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Read again:

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
1- The books I gave are giving historical proofs.

But you can't.

2-You do not read my words carefully.

3- Even the example you gave proves what the Qur'an says.

Jesus was not the one on the cross.


Quran 4:157 For their saying, "We have killed the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God!" They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they had. Those who dispute are in doubt of him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.

4- And there are a lot of people who live the crucifixion thing.

Except for Jesus...
And

5- In the era of Jesus, there is no need to have a cross culture. Because he wasn't crucified.

6- But the pharaohons had a culture of cross-hands and feet. (and cutting theme with X shape).

7- The stories of Osiris and Horus were inspired by the life of Jesus. Because Jesus lived in an age before.

Unfortunately, people always do what they do. They paganized the life story of the Prophet. Christianity was also created based on this story after centuries.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:15 AM   #1014
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Read again:



And

5- In the era of Jesus, there is no need to have a cross culture. Because he wasn't crucified.

6- But the pharaohons had a culture of cross-hands and feet. (and cutting theme with X shape).

7- The stories of Osiris and Horus were inspired by the life of Jesus. Because Jesus lived in an age before.

Unfortunately, people always do what they do. They paganized the life story of the Prophet. Christianity was also created based on this story after centuries.
Rubbish. The stories of Osiris and Horus date from before recorded Egyptian history. That is, LONG before even the mythical Moses.

Are you trying to make deliberate ignorance your hallmark? Or should you be seeing a psychiatrist?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:40 AM   #1015
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,713
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Read again:

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
1- The books I gave are giving historical proofs.

But you can't.

2-You do not read my words carefully.

3- Even the example you gave proves what the Qur'an says.

Jesus was not the one on the cross.


Quran 4:157 For their saying, "We have killed the Messiah Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God!" They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they had. Those who dispute are in doubt of him, they have no knowledge except to follow conjecture; they did not kill him for a certainty.

4- And there are a lot of people who live the crucifixion thing.

Except for Jesus...
And

5- In the era of Jesus, there is no need to have a cross culture. Because he wasn't crucified.

6- But the pharaohons had a culture of cross-hands and feet. (and cutting theme with X shape).

7- The stories of Osiris and Horus were inspired by the life of Jesus. Because Jesus lived in an age before.

Unfortunately, people always do what they do. They paganized the life story of the Prophet. Christianity was also created based on this story after centuries.
Yeah, I read again. It didn't get any better remaining in the realm of a batcrap insane notion.

So stepwise...
1. No they are not. Is harry potter real by that measure?

2. Of course we don't. Your words are so incoherent that such a thing is not possible.

3. Nobody cares. It's all just fabrications. Your magic book, their magic book, pretty much all of the magic books. They are all a big load of bollocks, every single one.

4. Not our problem. If some wingnuts choose to propagate wingnuttery, we can't stop them.

5. So what? Why should anyone care that a subversive got nailed to a tree 2,000 years ago? Or didn't?

6. Now you are simply making crap up.

7. And now you are plain flat out wrong and have your history entirely backwards.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:03 AM   #1016
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
They paganized the life story of the Prophet. Christianity was also created based on this story after centuries.
This is utterly ignorant. The historical record -- not the religious record -- is thoroughly at adds with you on this point. You pay attention to historical, scientific, and other secular stores only when you can somehow twist them to appear to support your predetermined religious beliefs. When they clearly contradict you, you foist the notion that the Qur'an is "correcting" an errant record by contradicting it.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:09 AM   #1017
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
The failure for you to realize this is becoming disturbing.
Yes. This escalating level of dogmatism is what the rest of the world has learned is dangerous about radical Islam. Andrew McCabe, in his new book, points out that the Islamic terrorists he interviewed had very little understanding of, or experience with, the world outside their religion. In congruent manner, Emre seems to have little understanding of the skeptical world, lines of reasoning that come from something besides religious devotion.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:28 PM   #1018
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Read again:



And

5- In the era of Jesus, there is no need to have a cross culture. Because he wasn't crucified.

6- But the pharaohons had a culture of cross-hands and feet. (and cutting theme with X shape).

7- The stories of Osiris and Horus were inspired by the life of Jesus. Because Jesus lived in an age before.

Unfortunately, people always do what they do. They paganized the life story of the Prophet. Christianity was also created based on this story after centuries.
And;

8- Other some people from Adam and Eve were also created in the garden. They spread to the world millions of years ago.

9- Let me open what I said in the sixth matter:

Codex Magica (Texe Marrs)

These ancient Egyptian figures demonstrate how prevalent was Osiris' sacred sign, "X."



The mummy of Rameses the Great (1279-1213 B.C.) was found in this cedarwood sarcophagus. This pharaoh is thought by Egyptologists to be the ruler who enslaved the Israelites and forced them to build cities.



Painting from the Tomb of Rameses I, Valley of the Kings, West Thebes, in Egypt.



The identity of the legends is also confirmed by this hieroglyphic picture, copied from an ancient Egyptian monument, which may also enlighten you as to the Lion's grip and the Master's gavel.

Codex Magica

TEXE MARRS

Quran:

20:70 So the magicians went down in prostration. They said, "We acknowledge the Lord of Aaron and Moses."

20:71 He [Pharaoh]: said, "Have you acknowledged him before taking my permission? He is surely your great one who has taught you magic. So, I will cut off your hands and feet from alternate sides(crosswise), and I will crucify you on the trunks of the palm trees, and you will come to know which of us is greater in retribution and more lasting!"

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 3rd March 2019 at 04:42 PM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:18 PM   #1019
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
These ancient Egyptian figures demonstrate how prevalent was Osiris' sacred sign, "X."
Do you seriously expect people to buy this obvious stretch?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 05:55 AM   #1020
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,705
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
And;

8- Other some people from Adam and Eve were also created in the garden. They spread to the world millions of years ago.

... snipped for relevance ...
So I take it that you are now saying that modern humans were around millions of years ago.

If so, then you are about as wrong as wrong can be.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 07:17 AM   #1021
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,810
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
So I take it that you are now saying that modern humans were around millions of years ago.

If so, then you are about as wrong as wrong can be.
This not only contradicts the historical/ archaeological record, it also is at odds with the Biblical- and therefore Quranic- timeline too.

As you say, about as wrong as wrong can be.
At least he's consistent.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 07:38 AM   #1022
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Heheh, you guys don't get it. The Qur'an corrects all that broken history and science.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 07:40 AM   #1023
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,705
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Do you seriously expect people to buy this obvious stretch?
Well, considering that 'Emre_1974tr' has used James Bond of all things to show the reality of his fairy book then I suppose that one should not be surprised to see that 'Emre_1974tr' is now using Egyptology to show the reality of his fairy book.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 07:56 AM   #1024
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Well, considering that 'Emre_1974tr' has used James Bond of all things to show the reality of his fairy book then I suppose that one should not be surprised to see that 'Emre_1974tr' is now using Egyptology to show the reality of his fairy book.
There's one level of amusement in his scrambling to use practically every bit of nonsense he can find to buttress his bizarre version of Islam. But today there's an even more ridiculous level of amusement in his attempt to interpret Egyptian iconography -- specifically, to ignore the intentional iconography and focus on inconsequential coincidences and fanciful misinterpretations of words such as "c rosswise." He doesn't understand just what weight Codex Magica carries in actual scholarship. Aside from his attempt to support Islam from it, his knowledge of the ancient world seems to come from a baffling assortment of sources.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 12:30 PM   #1025
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
It will be the Inca next. And ancient astronauts.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 01:04 PM   #1026
MEequalsIxR
Critical Thinker
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 470
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
It will be the Inca next. And ancient astronauts.
I've been waiting for Hansel and Gretel and the Wicked Witch of the West.
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2019, 02:08 PM   #1027
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,278
Sure, I mean, where do you go after "James Bond was real?"
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2019, 12:25 PM   #1028
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing
 
Dancing David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 39,699
__________________
I suspect you are a sandwich, metaphorically speaking. -Donn
And a shot rang out. Now Space is doing time... -Ben Burch
You built the toilet - don't complain when people crap in it. _Kid Eager
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2019, 06:06 AM   #1029
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,705
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Sure, I mean, where do you go after "James Bond was real?"
How about 'Captain Kirk', 'Han Solo' and the 'HAL 9000' computer is real as well.

That makes about as much sense as saying 'James Bond' is real.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2019, 01:49 AM   #1030
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,810
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
How about 'Captain Kirk', 'Han Solo' and the 'HAL 9000' computer is real as well.

That makes about as much sense as saying 'James Bond' is real.
No, Dancing David has it:

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Emojis are real! And predicted in the Quran because....um....something about faces....and that makes me the GREATEST IMAM EVER!
In your face, atheist Christian pagans!!
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 01:32 PM   #1031
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Errancy; The Bible shows an ongoing pattern of humanizing God, stating;

“And the Lord was sorry that he made man on the earth XE "earth" , and it grieved him to his heart. [he said]: For I am sorry that I have made them.” (Genesis 6:6-7)

Excuse; All humans are sinners; therefore, God is not happy with his creation.

Rebuttal: Adding injury to insult, Biblical apologists not only insult God by claiming God was ignorant towards the future state of humans, but they also claim all humans are sinners, even though the Bible states that some humans were perfect. Our Omniscient God knows the future and does not regret any actions taken or feel remorse for His magnificent creations. No, God does not make mistakes. The Holy Quran corrects the notion that was conceived from the Bible; implying that we as humans were a mistake and not meant to be created. The truth has come by God who clearly stated to us in the Holy Quran that we are meant to be alive. All praise be to God.

Correction: The Quran restores the fulfillment of destiny in regards to God’s creations by stating:

“My Lord Never Errs, Nor Forgets” (Quran 20:52)

In conclusion, we are created without regret. We are here today because God is compassionate towards us and does not regret creating us.

https://quranbible.org/english.htm#_Toc96948618
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 01:53 PM   #1032
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Errancy; The Bible shows an ongoing pattern of humanizing God, stating;

“And the Lord was sorry that he made man on the earth XE "earth" , and it grieved him to his heart. [he said]: For I am sorry that I have made them.” (Genesis 6:6-7)

Excuse; All humans are sinners; therefore, God is not happy with his creation.

Rebuttal: Adding injury to insult, Biblical apologists not only insult God by claiming God was ignorant towards the future state of humans, but they also claim all humans are sinners, even though the Bible states that some humans were perfect. Our Omniscient God knows the future and does not regret any actions taken or feel remorse for His magnificent creations. No, God does not make mistakes. The Holy Quran corrects the notion that was conceived from the Bible; implying that we as humans were a mistake and not meant to be created. The truth has come by God who clearly stated to us in the Holy Quran that we are meant to be alive. All praise be to God.

Correction: The Quran restores the fulfillment of destiny in regards to God’s creations by stating:

“My Lord Never Errs, Nor Forgets” (Quran 20:52)

In conclusion, we are created without regret. We are here today because God is compassionate towards us and does not regret creating us.

https://quranbible.org/english.htm#_Toc96948618
At the risk of Godwinning this thread... What the heck, he won't even know what that means.

So Allah meant to create all the nasty, revolting and evil people in the world too? Like Hitler and Stalin and Mao? And all the pestilences? And all the really nasty creatures as well?

What a nice god!
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 02:06 PM   #1033
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
At the risk of Godwinning this thread...

!
I explain it in my Turkish articles. This World is for you to face yourself. The place to understand Why you went to paradise or hell. And some small reward and punishment live is the place to.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 02:12 PM   #1034
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I explain it in my Turkish articles. This World is for you to face yourself. The place to understand Why you went to paradise or hell. And some small reward and punishment live is the place to.
That's not what you said about why Allah creates people, and animals, and plants, and natural catastrophes.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 02:16 PM   #1035
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing
 
Dancing David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 39,699
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I explain it in my Turkish articles. This World is for you to face yourself. The place to understand Why you went to paradise or hell. And some small reward and punishment live is the place to.
Right so a child who is raped is facing themselves and the powers that be wanted it to happen... sure... whatever
__________________
I suspect you are a sandwich, metaphorically speaking. -Donn
And a shot rang out. Now Space is doing time... -Ben Burch
You built the toilet - don't complain when people crap in it. _Kid Eager
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 08:17 PM   #1036
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster
 
gabeygoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,213
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post

“My Lord Never Errs, Nor Forgets” (Quran 20:52)

In conclusion, we are created without regret. We are here today because God is compassionate towards us and does not regret creating us.

https://quranbible.org/english.htm#_Toc96948618
So, about that flood...?
__________________
"May I interest you in some coconut milk?" ~Akhenaten Wallabe Esq
gabeygoat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 08:02 AM   #1037
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,730
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I explain it in my Turkish articles.
I don't believe you.

You might as well be bragging about having a girlfriend in Canada.



YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


You claim to explain everything in articles that are in a language none of us speak or read. If you actually gave a damn about your evangelism efforts you'd translate those articles and post links to English versions, or at least post links to the Turkish articles that address these specific claims ado we can run it through Google Translate.

Every time you post about the alleged content of your Turkish articles, I read it as you admitting you're too lazy to actually make an argument.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!

Last edited by halleyscomet; 5th April 2019 at 08:08 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2019, 06:43 PM   #1038
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 735
"Errancy; Marriage encouraged (Genesis 2:18-24, 1 Timothy 4:1- 5) Vs Marriage discouraged (1 Corinthians 7:8)
Mod Warning<SNIP>
Edited for rule 4. Do not simply quote material that is available elsewhere.
Posted By:zooterkin


https://quranbible.org/english.htm#_Toc96948618

Last edited by zooterkin; 9th April 2019 at 02:44 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2019, 08:06 PM   #1039
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,704
^It was nothing.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2019, 08:20 PM   #1040
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,686
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
"Errancy; Marriage encouraged (Genesis 2:18-24, 1 Timothy 4:1- 5) Vs Marriage discouraged (1 Corinthians 7:8)

Excuse; That is what it says but that is not what it means. Paul is not saying, “don’t get married”; he is merely stating, “it’s better not to be married.”

Rebuttal: First, this adds to the contradiction because God in the Bible says it is better to be married;

“Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to live alone. I will make a suitable companion to help him.” (Genesis 2:18)

Secondly, further down in (1st Corinthians), Paul reiterates himself by telling the single people not to get married;

“Are you unmarried? Then don’t look for a wife.” (1 Corinthians 7:27)

This commandment by Paul in the Bible has been followed to the letter by Christian Priests world wide, forsaking marriage for a life of celibacy XE "celibacy" . This proves that Paul is not merely making a suggestion, but instead creating a conflicting law.

Correction: Islam agrees with human nature. Islam is well known as the “natural religion” for Islam is in harmony with a human’s body, mind, and soul. The Quran teaches us to:

“Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.” (Quran 24:32)

“This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women XE "women" who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, - when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).” (Quran 5:5) "

https://quranbible.org/english.htm#_Toc96948618
By the way, the reference here to "People of the Book" is to the Jews.

Also, who are these "XE women"?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.