IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th June 2021, 10:09 PM   #1
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Question Florida Condo Collapse / CD?

We don't often see collapses of high-rises in the US, but there was one in Florida last week - I don't know if any truthers are still active but I was curious as to whether any have made public statements regarding this recent occurrence.

Seems like this event would be incompatible with Richard Gage's thoughts on gravity-fueled collapse,"path of most resistance", etc.
Old 29th June 2021, 12:16 AM   #2
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
We don't often see collapses of high-rises in the US, but there was one in Florida last week - I don't know if any truthers are still active but I was curious as to whether any have made public statements regarding this recent occurrence.

Seems like this event would be incompatible with Richard Gage's thoughts on gravity-fueled collapse,"path of most resistance", etc.
No, just, no!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 01:37 AM   #3
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
No, just, no!
This.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 02:40 AM   #4
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

It's a good point. Several ago a building collapsed in Tehran after a fire, and a few truthers tried to fan the embers of their dying movement back to life by insisting that, since their dogma clearly stated that no building could collapse from fire damage alone, this must have been a false flag event in which agents of the 9/11 conspiracy had secretly planted explosives in the building and then started the fire. The question of how much freedom of action these agents would have had in a county whose head of state had publicly claimed that 9/11 was a false flag operation was never satisfactorily addressed.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 04:43 AM   #5
bknight
Master Poster

Not when concrete was spalling off beams.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 05:48 AM   #6
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Which seems more likely? That someone decided they wanted to blow up a bunch of retirees living in beach condos or that some construction company in Florida cut corners resulting in a serious failure?

Tricky tricky, much to consider.
Old 29th June 2021, 05:53 AM   #7
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Which seems more likely? That someone decided they wanted to blow up a bunch of retirees living in beach condos or that some construction company in Florida cut corners resulting in a serious failure?

Tricky tricky, much to consider.

The theory that's come up so far is that John McAfee concealed 31TB of compromising material in the building, which was then destroyed by the people who killed him.
Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 05:58 AM   #8
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
The theory that's come up so far is that John McAfee concealed 31TB of compromising material in the building, which was then destroyed by the people who killed him.
McAfee's secret files detailing how he wants to do more drugs or run from the IRS on his boat while trying to fornicate with sea critters.

McAfee is such a poor selection to be the center of a CT. He's the opposite of clandestine, he's a rich weirdo that chose to live an outrageous life as a fringe outsider. He's exactly what he appears to be, living his best life turning his brain to swiss cheese and enjoying a strange life of wealthy excess. There's nothing hidden there at all, dude was not even the slightest bit shy about his lifestyle.

Last edited by TurkeysGhost; 29th June 2021 at 05:59 AM.
TurkeysGhost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 06:03 AM   #9
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

I would LOVE to know where that 31TB figure came from. That's so specific!

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 06:20 AM   #10
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
I would LOVE to know where that 31TB figure came from. That's so specific!

The Snopes page has a fake "if anything happens to me" Tweet from McAfee that has the 31TB.
Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 07:05 AM   #11
bknight
Master Poster

The Snopes page has a fake "if anything happens to me" Tweet from McAfee that has the 31TB.
This one went over my head. What is 31TB?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 07:22 AM   #12
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
31 terabytes, a measure of computer storage.
Old 29th June 2021, 08:19 AM   #13
carlitos
"más divertido"

Destroying buildings to hide evidence of something is so ill-informed. I could see it in 2001, before "the cloud" was a thing and people didn't understand distributed, off-site storage and backups. But to suggest that a building had to come down to destroy digital information? That's insane.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 08:33 AM   #14
bknight
Master Poster

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2021, 08:48 AM   #15
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I say we can just assume it was cd until proved otherwise. And we may also need to pretend that there weren’t any actual victims, just vic-sims. Yeah that seems to help level up the **** factor. Maybe also insist that it was just done to make Israel look bad.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 10:23 AM   #16
Leftus
Master Poster

It appears the 31 TB came from a previous tweet, that if he was ever arrested it would get leaked to the press. Well, he was arrested, and there was no leak of 31 TBs or even 31 bytes.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 12:43 PM   #17
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

31TB (terabytes), that is where John McAfee stored his 775 full resolution Blu-ray collection he copied in Spain, and stored in Florida. He was going to use handbrake to cut the size down for his portable devices, got depressed and never got to it...

ran out of time
He only spent 8,000 dollars
https://www.serversupply.com/SSD/SAS...hoChRQQAvD_BwE

I store all my important disk drives thousands of miles away near Miami, doesn't everyone... (actually, best to have triple or quad backup of your good stuff - need more locations)

Now adding spalling concrete, to the DHS terror watchlists.

Or was it his collection of photos, raw 14 bit NEF files from his Nikon D810... maybe the 775,000 photos on the 31TB SSD were evidence of election fraud needed by Clownstick, aka the exTangerine Twitter Machine.
Old 29th June 2021, 02:15 PM   #18
Axxman300
Philosopher

Considering they're still in the process of recovering bodies and gathering evidence I'm kind of shocked A&ETruth hasn't chimed in yet since nobody knows what happened yet.
Old 29th June 2021, 02:43 PM   #19
Jimmy9
Scholar

The CT`s are going ******* nuts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjxwIEOU8Q&t=1s

Last edited by Jimmy9; 29th June 2021 at 02:46 PM.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 01:24 AM   #20
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
The CT`s are going ******* nuts!
"Going"?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 11:36 AM   #21
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Ah yes, that famous Controlled Demolition tactic of *checks notes*...a building collapsing after years of neglect and people ignoring warnings.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 08:41 PM   #22
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Ah yes, that famous Controlled Demolition tactic of *checks notes*...a building collapsing after years of neglect and people ignoring warnings.
Has anyone checked for nano-thermite residue, aka in the Real World as rust?
Old 1st July 2021, 01:28 AM   #23
catsmate
No longer the 1

A moderate amount of data. One terabyte is one million megabytes or one thousand gigabytes. A DVD (remember them?) held 4.7 to 17 gigabytes and BluRay discs hold 25 to 150 gigabytes. Typically a 'TV hour' of compressed, standard definition, video take around one-quarter of a gigabyte (though this is very variable). A two-hour film ripped at 2160p (better than '[standard' high definition) is around 20-30GB.

The largest retail level hard disks (mechanical rather than solid-state) hold 20TB and are, in an external enclosure that can be moved easily and plugged into a USB port, approximately 12.5cm x 20cm x 4cm (i.e. hardback book sized).
More portable units, using the laptop type 2.5" drives, are smaller; around 8cm x 10cm x 1.5cm but max out at 5TB. These do not need a separate power brick, drawing sufficient power from the USB connection.

Therefore 31TB of stortage would be around two litres in volume.

Hope this helps.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 01:39 AM   #24
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Has anyone checked for nano-thermite residue, aka in the Real World as rust red primer paint?
ftfy
Old 1st July 2021, 01:48 AM   #25
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I just browsed the latest entries in about 20 to 25 9/11 "Truth" related groups and pages on Facebook. The vast majority of those are "Truther" dominated - and I have seen the Miami condo collapse mentioned only once there: A handful of group members simply spouting off their amateur opinion that it "looks like" demolition and "what else could it possibly be with the flashes and the dust and the into its footprint".
A handful of posts in "Debunker"-minded groups challenged Truthers, I didn't see any Truthers bite.

So this is a topic so far entirely avoided by "9/11 Truth", as far as I can see.

One debunker linked to a speculation that the recent "stress test" the US Navy did on the new aircraft carrier "Gerald Ford", where they detonated a silly amount of explosives next to the ship in the waters off Florida, might have played a role. The explosion caused waves in the earth crust equivalent to a 3.9 earthquake.
But of course 3.9 is like almost nothing, the distance was too large for such a tiny quake, and no other, minor damages were reported from the Florida coast. And it was a number of days ago.
Old 1st July 2021, 04:44 PM   #26
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
A moderate amount of data. One terabyte is one million megabytes or one thousand gigabytes. A DVD (remember them?) held 4.7 to 17 gigabytes and BluRay discs hold 25 to 150 gigabytes. Typically a 'TV hour' of compressed, standard definition, video take around one-quarter of a gigabyte (though this is very variable). A two-hour film ripped at 2160p (better than '[standard' high definition) is around 20-30GB.

The largest retail level hard disks (mechanical rather than solid-state) hold 20TB and are, in an external enclosure that can be moved easily and plugged into a USB port, approximately 12.5cm x 20cm x 4cm (i.e. hardback book sized).
More portable units, using the laptop type 2.5" drives, are smaller; around 8cm x 10cm x 1.5cm but max out at 5TB. These do not need a separate power brick, drawing sufficient power from the USB connection.

Therefore 31TB of stortage would be around two litres in volume.

Hope this helps.

I prefer to think of terabytes in terms of the characteristics of a terabyte-long novel, of (with a moderate data compression scheme) a trillion words.

No one would be able to read more than about three percent of it in one lifetime. Readers would have to rely on a few million pages of Cliffs Notes summaries, only rarely delving into the original text to get a flavor of it or for academic study (or to produce superior segment summaries themselves). If structured like conventional modern narrative, it would have about a billion named characters and several million with at least their own simple story arcs. (There might still be a much smaller number of main characters, though, and perhaps even a single main protagonist.) Most of the chapter numbers would have seven or eight digits. If printed out and bound in hefty half-million-word encyclopedia-like books, its two million volumes would fill a respectable university library.
Old 1st July 2021, 06:19 PM   #27
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Destroying buildings to hide evidence of something is so ill-informed. I could see it in 2001, before "the cloud" was a thing and people didn't understand distributed, off-site storage and backups. But to suggest that a building had to come down to destroy digital information? That's insane.
You do seem to understand the thread.
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:03 AM   #28
Leftus
Master Poster

If they used an EMP, that would kill Godzilla, who would leave a hole in a building of exactly that size. They CGI the collapse, pay off any witnesses, and the coverup begins.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2021, 02:50 PM   #29
carlitos
"más divertido"

It was only a matter of time - nazis have picked up on this CT.

Quote:
According to Minadeo, the owner of the building decided to destroy it via controlled demolition in order to avoid making necessary repairs. “Similar to Larry Silverstein with the asbestos, okay?” he said, referencing a conspiracy about the real estate developer who purchased the World Trade Center’s lease months before 9/11.

Minadeo further claimed that survivors of the collapse, some of whom are Jewish, were warned in advance about the collapse and paid not to say anything.

“So [the condo’s] sinking. So in order to get around the sinking, okay, you get all these Jews to take a little bit of hush money — you know, give ’em a little bit of hush money and then tell ’em, you know, what’s gonna happen. Say ‘Hey, you don’t speak out about this, we’ll give you 500,000. Everyone in the building gets 500,000.’ Or two 250,000, right?”
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2021, 04:24 AM   #30
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I prefer to think of terabytes in terms of the characteristics of a terabyte-long novel, of (with a moderate data compression scheme) a trillion words.

No one would be able to read more than about three percent of it in one lifetime. Readers would have to rely on a few million pages of Cliffs Notes summaries, only rarely delving into the original text to get a flavor of it or for academic study (or to produce superior segment summaries themselves). If structured like conventional modern narrative, it would have about a billion named characters and several million with at least their own simple story arcs. (There might still be a much smaller number of main characters, though, and perhaps even a single main protagonist.) Most of the chapter numbers would have seven or eight digits. If printed out and bound in hefty half-million-word encyclopedia-like books, its two million volumes would fill a respectable university library.
So the Definitive Collected Works of L. Ron Hubbard then?

I like your analogy, I may borrow it.
Old 6th July 2021, 04:26 AM   #31
catsmate
No longer the 1

It was only a matter of time - nazis have picked up on this CT.
That would actually cost more than the repairs, even at last year's levels....
Nazis really are very very, stupid.
Old 6th July 2021, 04:29 AM   #32
Belz...
Fiend God

And of course blowing up the building (incompetently, as it turns out) was preferable to just breaking and entering to steal said material?

CTers are really loony.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2021, 04:31 AM   #33
Belz...
Fiend God

Thanks.
More specifically, it's 31,000,000,000,000 bytes approximately, or 31 million megabytes. More exactly, it's 31x1024x1024x1024x1024 bytes (34,084,860,461,056 bytes). And in case you don't know, a byte is a single text character, like a letter, single digit number or symbol like a period.

Last edited by Belz...; 6th July 2021 at 04:34 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2021, 10:12 AM   #34
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
More specifically, it's 31,000,000,000,000 bytes approximately, or 31 million megabytes. More exactly, it's 31x1024x1024x1024x1024 bytes (34,084,860,461,056 bytes). And in case you don't know, a byte is a single text character, like a letter, single digit number or symbol like a period.
Yes, I was just not recognizing the T if it had been written in G I believe I would have recognized it.
Old 6th July 2021, 10:25 AM   #35
Belz...
Fiend God

Yes, I was just not recognizing the T if it had been written in G I believe I would have recognized it.
Just wait 'till we get to Petabytes!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories