IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mark Basile

Old 8th September 2016, 02:25 AM   #561
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Ultimately, I can't help but trust Astaneh's expert opinion. "I saw melting of girders at World Trade Center".
Well, we know that there was eutectic melting of girders due to the mixture of chemicals released in the long-lasting fires, so I don't think anyone has much of an issue with that statement in its proper context.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 02:55 AM   #562
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Well, we know that there was eutectic melting of girders due to the mixture of chemicals released in the long-lasting fires, so I don't think anyone has much of an issue with that statement in its proper context.

Dave
Is this melting or corrosion? Or both? The thinned out steel webs look like aggressive corrosion not melting to me...

What do you think it is and what was the cause?
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 03:12 AM   #563
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Is this melting or corrosion? Or both? The thinned out steel webs look like aggressive corrosion not melting to me...
That's mainly a question of terminology. Corrosion creates eutectics, eutectics melt.

To be honest, Astaneh-Asl's quote is a little perplexing. Adding previous sentences, he said,

"Here, it most likely reached about 1,000 to 1,500 degrees. And that is enough to collapse them, so they collapsed. So the word "melting" should not be used for girders, because there was no melting of girders. I saw melting of girders in World Trade Center."

I've often wondered whether the last sentence was mis-transcribed, and dropped the word "no" from before "melting", because as it stands the quote makes no sense. But of course, for a conspiracy theorist, it's forbidden to question any small excerpt from a quote that seems to support the conspiracy theory, even if it only does so when taken out of context.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:17 PM   #564
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

There are many hypothetical ways that particles like that could be found somewhere in the dust.
Exactly.
Which is precisely why finding such particles is not evidence of a thermite reaction at all.
I am glad you understand so easily what appears to be an unintelligible concept to Jones, Harrit and Basile.
Then again, Basile's test proposal does not mention looking for micro spheres, so apparently not even he considers them as of value in telling thermite apart from mundane materials such as paint or rust.

(Bolding intended to remind posters what this thread is about)
Old 9th September 2016, 07:02 AM   #565
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
That's mainly a question of terminology. Corrosion creates eutectics, eutectics melt.

To be honest, Astaneh-Asl's quote is a little perplexing. Adding previous sentences, he said,

"Here, it most likely reached about 1,000 to 1,500 degrees. And that is enough to collapse them, so they collapsed. So the word "melting" should not be used for girders, because there was no melting of girders. I saw melting of girders in World Trade Center."

I've often wondered whether the last sentence was mis-transcribed, and dropped the word "no" from before "melting", because as it stands the quote makes no sense. But of course, for a conspiracy theorist, it's forbidden to question any small excerpt from a quote that seems to support the conspiracy theory, even if it only does so when taken out of context.

Dave
Dave, check out the PBS video of Astaneh saying it. He's differentiating between the melting he saw at the World Trade Center and the ordinary warping he's seeing at the collapsed overpass. It's almost as if Astaneh is an expert on steel who knows the difference.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2016, 07:15 AM   #566
Dave Rogers

Dave, check out the PBS video of Astaneh saying it. He's differentiating between the melting he saw at the World Trade Center and the ordinary warping he's seeing at the collapsed overpass. It's almost as if Astaneh is an expert on steel who knows the difference.
Ah, right, that makes more sense. As we know there was eutectic melting of girders in WTC7, that's probably what he was talking about.

Dave

Old 9th September 2016, 12:11 PM   #567
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

But you failed to ask him, and the steel he found was not melted, it was corroded, learned after it was analysed. And it corroded after 9/11. Thus you failed to do research, and remain a follower, not a doer.

There was no melting of steel on 9/11, you can't produce evidence. Astaneh was talking about corrosion in fire at 1000C he found. What is your point.

Do you think steel melts at 1000C, that is the temperature after studying the sample was found to be the highest temperature, not the temperature required to melt steel.

Thus corrosion if fire at first looks like melting, but there was no pool of steel, of iron form the melting, it corroded in fire. Do you always call rust melting?

Make my day, ask Astaneh what he thinks now. But you will not take action, you will troll and post BS, you don't care about the truth, your actions are indicative of someone who does not care 19 terrorists murdered thousands. So you make up or repeat lies about 9/11. 15 years of failure based on lies.
Old 27th September 2016, 03:29 PM   #568
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Bump:

I figure while the only remaining spokesperson for this "study" is currently posting here (Ziggi), he might comment on the lack of progress and status of the money raised.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2016, 07:28 PM   #569
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Bump:

I figure while the only remaining spokesperson for this "study" is currently posting here (Ziggi), he might comment on the lack of progress and status of the money raised.

It's been a very long time and yet, he can't produce the evidence that 9/11 Truthers were looking for. I wonder why!
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 04:52 PM   #570
Eagles84
New Blood

It is mid October, are we getting an update anytime soon? According to aneta.org and a poster by the name of ziggi, we should have already been informed of the progress.
Eagles84 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2016, 05:13 PM   #571
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Eagles84 View Post
It is mid October, are we getting an update anytime soon? According to aneta.org and a poster by the name of ziggi, we should have already been informed of the progress.
I sent a blood hound out searching for him, but it died laughing at the truthers who donated to
His study.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 12:16 AM   #572
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

So still no results yet?
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 08:39 AM   #573
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
So still no results yet?
There's no reason to think there will ever be any results.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 02:03 PM   #574
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
So still no results yet?
Are you looking for what the ROI is on where Mark Basile put the money?
Old 30th October 2016, 02:18 PM   #575
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Are you looking for what the ROI is on where Mark Basile put the money?
I'm not convinced Basile saw any money.

There has never been any actual accounting and none of the alleged contributors have come forward looking for results or repayment for contributions.

Is there really any evidence this study wasn't a hoax from the start?

Old 30th October 2016, 09:17 PM   #576
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I'm not convinced Basile saw any money.

There has never been any actual accounting and none of the alleged contributors have come forward looking for results or repayment for contributions.

Is there really any evidence this study wasn't a hoax from the start?
If Basile hadn't received any money, I'm pretty sure he would have said something. This thing goes back to 2009, at least.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 06:14 AM   #577
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
If Basile hadn't received any money, I'm pretty sure he would have said something. This thing goes back to 2009, at least.
He was probably eaten by the Zombies in the dead truth movement.
Poor Mark, nothing to see here thermite was always impossible, and nonsensical.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:13 AM   #578
skyeagle409
Master Poster

It's now November 2016, and still no evidence from Mark Basile.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:13 PM   #579
MileHighMadness
Muse

I believe he spent the money on booze, cigarettes and lotto tickets...LOL
Old 3rd November 2016, 05:49 PM   #580
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
...and the rest he spent foolishly.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:54 PM   #581
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
OK on the booze. The rest I would have spent on pizza, hookers, and high-grade weed.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2016, 04:00 AM   #582
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
OK on the booze. The rest I would have spent on pizza, hookers, and high-grade weed.

To think he might have actually wasted the money trying to duplicate the fallacy that is Jones Harrit is very saddening. Beer, weed, and Hookers would have been a much better choice for money donated free from fools.
Old 3rd December 2016, 05:28 PM   #583
traxy
Critical Thinker

It's now December 2016. Still no update from Mark Basile.
traxy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2016, 06:00 PM   #584
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by traxy View Post
It's now December 2016. Still no update from Mark Basile.
That will happen on the 32nd day of the 13th month of the year Never....
Old 7th December 2016, 06:57 PM   #585
skyeagle409
Master Poster

It's now December 2016, and still no evidence from Mark Basile.
Old 21st December 2016, 09:59 PM   #586
MicahJava
Illuminator

http://www.markbasile.org/

His freakin' website 404's now. What's going on here?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2016, 10:29 PM   #587
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Worked for me.
Quote:
ANETA's Rick Shaddock calling for a status report April 26, 2016

Mark: "I am working on it. I am doing the best I can."
911MarkBasile20160426.wmv
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2016, 10:32 PM   #588
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

9/11 truth claims are fantasy - maybe mark found no profit in spreading lies mocking the murder of thousands by 19 idiots for UBL
Old 21st December 2016, 11:16 PM   #589
MicahJava
Illuminator

It's not working for me. Might as well be down. So it's been like 3 years, can they just get away with it?
Old 22nd December 2016, 06:18 AM   #590
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Worked for me.
They claim they simply don't have enough dust.
Old 22nd December 2016, 06:29 AM   #591
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
They claim they simply don't have enough dust.
The website isn't up for me. Does it seriously say that?
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:36 AM   #592
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Worked for me.
Not working for me either. You might be accessing a cached version in your browser.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:48 AM   #593
traxy
Critical Thinker

The website isn't up for me. Does it seriously say that?
Down for me too, from multiple locations.

Boy, his donors sure are going to appreciate getting those refund checks so close to the holidays.
traxy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:54 AM   #594
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Not working for me either. You might be accessing a cached version in your browser.
Never visited the site that I remember, but I just tried from another computer and got :
Quote:
aneta.org took too long to respond.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:17 AM   #595
pgimeno
Illuminator

Sounds like a domain problem. Rick is known for forgetting to renew the domains in due time.

But actually, markbasile.org is just a container to display this page:

http://aneta.org/markbasile_org/

Does that one work for those who said it didn't work for them?

Edit: Well, JDH says aneta.org is the problem, so that will probably fail too. It's working for me from two locations (my home and my hosting provider) and Google's DNS is resolving it, so I can't confirm the failure.

Last edited by pgimeno; 22nd December 2016 at 08:22 AM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:46 AM   #596
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Sounds like a domain problem. Rick is known for forgetting to renew the domains in due time.

Edit: Well, JDH says aneta.org is the problem, so that will probably fail too. It's working for me from two locations (my home and my hosting provider) and Google's DNS is resolving it, so I can't confirm the failure.
That worked for me.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:50 AM   #597
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
That worked for me.
Must be up and down. It just worked for me again. Seems a website issue.
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:00 AM   #598
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post

It must feel pretty disappointing for Rick to still renew the domain after all of this time. I remember a few months ago he edited the website to say "Do not donate anymore. Basile has not fulfilled his obligations" or something like that before I guess he was talked out of it.
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:49 AM   #599
traxy
Critical Thinker

It must feel pretty disappointing for Rick to still renew the domain after all of this time. I remember a few months ago he edited the website to say "Do not donate anymore. Basile has not fulfilled his obligations" or something like that before I guess he was talked out of it.
That was April 26th, nearly 8 months ago. Basile was "working on it" and "doing the best I can" according to the recording Rick passive aggressively posted on the site.

8 months later and not a peep. This whole endeavor passed the farce stage quite some time ago.
Old 22nd December 2016, 01:30 PM   #600
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by traxy View Post
That was April 26th, nearly 8 months ago. Basile was "working on it" and "doing the best I can" according to the recording Rick passive aggressively posted on the site.

8 months later and not a peep. This whole endeavor passed the farce stage quite some time ago.
Well what's gonna happen now? Are we just gonna let them get away with that?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories