ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bitcoin

Reply
Old 21st October 2019, 08:46 AM   #241
trustbutverify
Philosopher
 
trustbutverify's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,459
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I am used to this.
The silence of the lambs.
What the devil are you talking about now?
__________________
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2019, 09:50 AM   #242
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
For fundamental and technical reasons the crypto world is in structural price decline.
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I guess in a moment of TA objectivity I see a substantial rally here in the deplorable "assets"
Proof that you are right 50% of the time.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:02 PM   #243
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Proof that you are right 50% of the time.
I don't know why you make these statements, bitcoin is a very technical market, and everyone should profit from it, though I cerainly don't want to encourage the nonsense.
That rally has expired as expected and at 8070 now an outstanding short.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:03 PM   #244
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I don't know why you make these statements, bitcoin is a very technical market, and everyone should profit from it, though I cerainly don't want to encourage the nonsense.
That rally has expired as expected and at 8070 now an outstanding short.
I guess that I shouldn't say "50%". Your language is so vague that it could literally mean anything.

That "substantial rally" doesn't even register when you draw the price chart to the same scale that saw a moderate (20%) price drop on 24 September.

All I know for certain is that everybody who has ever predicted a terminal (or "structural") price decline has wound up with egg on their faces. Since you employ the same debating technique as the author of the money thread, you are likely to be permanently eggy despite your constant attempts to reinterpret your past statements.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 01:59 AM   #245
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 27,337
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
I guess that I shouldn't say "50%". Your language is so vague that it could literally mean anything.

That "substantial rally" doesn't even register when you draw the price chart to the same scale that saw a moderate (20%) price drop on 24 September.

All I know for certain is that everybody who has ever predicted a terminal (or "structural") price decline has wound up with egg on their faces. Since you employ the same debating technique as the author of the money thread, you are likely to be permanently eggy despite your constant attempts to reinterpret your past statements.
Exactly. Unless Bitcoin is at an all time high or has set a new benchmark low, Samson's "Bitcoin will go up/down" style "predictions" will eventually be right.

I realise this is an argument from incredulity but if I had an effective TA algorithm, I'd either keep very quiet about it and make millions or billions trading or sell it to a major financial institution for a huge sum. If I wasn't interested in personal enrichment, I'd donate most or all of the proceeds to charity.

I wouldn't be spending my time boasting about it on a minor internet forum.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:29 AM   #246
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Exactly. Unless Bitcoin is at an all time high or has set a new benchmark low, Samson's "Bitcoin will go up/down" style "predictions" will eventually be right.

I realise this is an argument from incredulity but if I had an effective TA algorithm, I'd either keep very quiet about it and make millions or billions trading or sell it to a major financial institution for a huge sum. If I wasn't interested in personal enrichment, I'd donate most or all of the proceeds to charity.

I wouldn't be spending my time boasting about it on a minor internet forum.
The fate of the bitcoin scenic route is independant of my aspirations or aims for self enrichment. I am simply telling the thread where I would buy in real time, and where I would sell.
The thread is the record, and bitcoin affords candy from many babies.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:33 AM   #247
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arcadia, Greece
Posts: 25,490
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I guess in a moment of TA objectivity I see a substantial rally here in the deplorable "assets"
7952 right now for bitcoin..
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
That rally has expired as expected and at 8070 now an outstanding short.
That was a substantial rally?
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:44 AM   #248
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,089
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
That was a substantial rally?
Come on, it was almost 4% ! That's unheard of on market as stable as bitcoin.
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:58 AM   #249
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
That was a substantial rally?
The rally exceeded 8350, so 5%.
But importantly the price was straight there after the post, so risk/reward was close to 1 to 25 on
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 03:57 AM   #250
Tolls
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,858
So you're rich now then?
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:40 AM   #251
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,890
Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
So you're rich now then?
I know it's not entirely relevant to the thread, but if it makes any difference my Ripple hasn't made me rich. If Sam has something that will work for Ripple I'd be all ears.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:59 PM   #252
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I know it's not entirely relevant to the thread, but if it makes any difference my Ripple hasn't made me rich. If Sam has something that will work for Ripple I'd be all ears.
Ripple was about 0.29 when I posted BC was a great short at 8070, and now seems to be 0.267, they all move roughly together.
I guess I will continue to post on bitcoin. As I keep trying to explain, the cryptos are very technical markets because no one has any idea of intrinsic value.
Of course I think that value is zero.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:23 PM   #253
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,220
Bitcoin Price En Route to Descending Triangle Target of $5,000
Quote:
After a 45% Drop, Bitcoin Price Has a Lot More Room to Fall

Bitcoin price is currently trading below $7,500, an over 45% drop from the high of the 2019 parabolic rally that took the price of the leading crypto asset to $14,000 before being rejected... The powerful drop confirmed the chart pattern as valid and took the price of the first-ever cryptocurrency to $7,700 where it bounced and consolidated for a few weeks in what appeared to be a textbook bear flag. But the bear flag was formed along the way to what a prominent crypto analyst says is the eventual target of $5,000, according to a measurement taken from the height of the triangle to its base...

If for some reason $5,000 does breakdown further, Bitcoin would be at risk of potentially setting a new bear market low – suggesting that a bottom wasn’t actually in, and it could cause widespread fear and panic across the cryptocurrency market.
But...

Quote:
A strong bounce at $5,000 or any of the aforementioned support levels would result in a successful retest and confirmation of resistance turned support, and could give bulls enough confidence to be able to push Bitcoin back into a bull market, and out of the claws of bearish traders.
Is Bitcoin finished, or can it break free from the bear's claws and live to see another day? Tune in to next week's exciting episode!
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 09:59 PM   #254
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Who'd have thought that you could find an article that was negative on bitcoin? And on the internet of all places! I salute your extraordinary detective skills!

OTOH, with its talk about "triangles" (and other TA terms), lack of a time table and no failure of prediction definitions, you might as well just quote Samson.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:01 PM   #255
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Who'd have thought that you could find an article that was negative on bitcoin? And on the internet of all places! I salute your extraordinary detective skills!

OTOH, with its talk about "triangles" (and other TA terms), lack of a time table and no failure of prediction definitions, you might as well just quote Samson.
Interestingly the logarithmic triangle target is 6 thousand, I also noticed Roger's article.
But let us not quibble, I will post an idea to buy these cursed cryptos when appropriate simply because I can get it right.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2019, 06:20 AM   #256
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,089
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Interestingly the logarithmic triangle target is 6 thousand, I also noticed Roger's article.
But let us not quibble, I will post an idea to buy these cursed cryptos when appropriate simply because I can get it right.
It's important to have dreams
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2019, 07:11 PM   #257
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Xi Ping says embrace blockchain, without mentioning cryptos, but btc rallied 40 %
One mother of a short squeeze.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2019, 08:57 PM   #258
fromdownunder
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,483
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Interestingly the logarithmic triangle target is 6 thousand, I also noticed Roger's article.
But let us not quibble, I will post an idea to buy these cursed cryptos when appropriate simply because I can get it right.

Based on Coindesk figures, Bitcoin started today at $7,452, jumped as high as $10,332 and is now $9,551 as I type. You must have a remarkable ability to be able to develop a program capable of predicting this sort of freak event.



Norm
__________________
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain


fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2019, 09:06 PM   #259
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Based on Coindesk figures, Bitcoin started today at $7,452, jumped as high as $10,332 and is now $9,551 as I type. You must have a remarkable ability to be able to develop a program capable of predicting this sort of freak event.



Norm
Fair question.
The algorithm is very simple, as required by minimal optimisation.
I last said short at 8070, and the market got to about 7350, a decline of 8.2%

There is no point me saying what I would have done at that point. No one suggests they predict everything, but frequently there is a high probability of a particular direction, and success is about going further into the money than out of the money after placing the bet. A simple Turing tape will give a winning strategy.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2019, 11:15 PM   #260
fromdownunder
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,483
So you make it all your real or theoretical profits based on predictions made after the actual event. Got it.


Norm
__________________
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain


fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 12:29 AM   #261
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
So you make it all your real or theoretical profits based on predictions made after the actual event. Got it.


Norm
No you did not got it Norm.
I said short at 8070, run a Turing tape to exit and enter more positions.
Any mathematician on this forum will understand my post, and if they do not they are not a mathematician.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 12:48 AM   #262
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
And at 9449 right now, I suggest going short for 8600 target
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 01:37 AM   #263
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Any mathematician on this forum will understand that my post is nonsense, and if they do not they are not a mathematician.
ftfy. You don't even have to be a mathematician to understand this.

Face it, predicting bitcoin's price day to day is like predicting next week's lotto numbers. Pure soothsaying.

Based on history, one might be able to make some predictions for the long term price of bitcoin with a small degree of confidence. For example, there is a reasonable probability that the price of bitcoin will again exceed $20,000 - maybe by a big margin. However, we may be looking at years before this happens.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 01:40 AM   #264
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
ftfy. You don't even have to be a mathematician to understand this.

Face it, predicting bitcoin's price day to day is like predicting next week's lotto numbers. Pure soothsaying.

Based on history, one might be able to make some predictions for the long term price of bitcoin with a small degree of confidence. For example, there is a reasonable probability that the price of bitcoin will again exceed $20,000 - maybe by a big margin. However, we may be looking at years before this happens.
20,000 looks like zero in a probability play.
infinity is the number of ico's possible, Bitcoin value should be divided by infinty.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 01:48 AM   #265
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
20,000 looks like zero in a probability play.
infinity is the number of ico's possible, Bitcoin value should be divided by infinty.
Did you again forget that this argument has already been thoroughly rebutted - frequently?
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 02:07 AM   #266
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Did you again forget that this argument has already been thoroughly rebutted - frequently?
It will always be my proposition, but I read all links if you care to repost any rebuttal.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 02:38 AM   #267
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
No you don't.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 02:01 PM   #268
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
No you don't.
I read a great deal about cryptos, but I have not read that an exact replica of bitcoin cannot be established. Maybe there is intellectual property involved, but that would contravene the doctrine of freedom.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2019, 03:15 PM   #269
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I read a great deal about cryptos, but I have not read that an exact replica of bitcoin cannot be established. Maybe there is intellectual property involved, but that would contravene the doctrine of freedom.
That is not your argument (and there are no "exact replicas" of bitcoin).

Your argument is that all cryptos are bitcoin and you repeat it constantly as if nobody has ever pointed out how moronic an argument it is.

If the alt-coins had bled money away from the bitcoin market then you should be able to tell us how much has been bled and what the price of bitcoin would be otherwise. Of course you can't and have no intention of doing so because you are not interested in facts. You only want to sound authoritative.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975

Last edited by psionl0; 26th October 2019 at 03:33 PM.
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 05:35 AM   #270
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
That is not your argument (and there are no "exact replicas" of bitcoin).

Your argument is that all cryptos are bitcoin and you repeat it constantly as if nobody has ever pointed out how moronic an argument it is.

If the alt-coins had bled money away from the bitcoin market then you should be able to tell us how much has been bled and what the price of bitcoin would be otherwise. Of course you can't and have no intention of doing so because you are not interested in facts. You only want to sound authoritative.
Authoritative no, an enquiring demeanour I thought.
I have become convinced bitcoin will get to 2000 soon, so shorting more at 9126 looks good.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 09:03 AM   #271
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,089
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Authoritative no, an enquiring demeanour I thought.
I have become convinced bitcoin will get to 2000 soon, so shorting more at 9126 looks good.
That's almost prediction. At least you got us number. Now give us a date.
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 01:58 AM   #272
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
That's almost prediction. At least you got us number. Now give us a date.
I find this disconcerting to say the violation of the co2 constraint is not holding.
This disgraceful enterprise is set to cast greater emissions as the insatiable gluttony of the hold ons for dear life is encouraged.
God does not exist, but if she does please exterminate the vermin promoting this enterprise.

Last edited by Samson; 6th November 2019 at 02:00 AM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 04:18 AM   #273
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I find this disconcerting to say the violation of the co2 constraint is not holding.
This disgraceful enterprise is set to cast greater emissions as the insatiable gluttony of the hold ons for dear life is encouraged.
God does not exist, but if she does please exterminate the vermin promoting this enterprise.
So, no date then?
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 10:43 AM   #274
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,220
Bitcoin’s record price surge of 2017 was caused by a single person
Quote:
Bitcoin's dramatic price surge in 2017 that saw it reach record highs was caused by a single cryptocurrency trader, according to a new study...

"This one large player or entity either exhibited clairvoyant market timing or exerted an extremely large price impact on bitcoin that is not observed in aggregate flows from other smaller traders,"...

This year bitcoin's price has risen steadily and it is currently trading at around $9,300, having briefly reached above $12,000 in June. It remains prone to sudden swings in price, which some attribute to market manipulation by so-called bitcoin whales that are able to influence the price through a single trade.

A flash crash that wiped $1,000 from bitcoin's value in less than an hour was triggered by the sale of 5,000 bitcoins - worth around $40 million at the time of the trade.
But the unpredictable actions of 'whales' doesn't make TA invalid, just... unreliable.
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 01:34 PM   #275
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
So, no date then?
No date, and I have no stake in it. Nevertheless the current meandering price looks like distribution, ready for a sharp fall. I would be shorting it here still at
9295
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 03:25 PM   #276
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,089
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
No date, and I have no stake in it. Nevertheless the current meandering price looks like distribution, ready for a sharp fall. I would be shorting it here still at
9295
It will go up, then down, and then up again. I'm sure.
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 03:41 PM   #277
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
No date, . . . .
So when you used the word "soon" it was meaningless. You could claim success if the price dropped to $2,000 in the next infinity years.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 01:27 PM   #278
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
So when you used the word "soon" it was meaningless. You could claim success if the price dropped to $2,000 in the next infinity years.
I expect the drop during my lifetime, as I repeatedly say there is infinite supply of this detritus.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 02:52 PM   #279
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 31°57'S 115°57'E
Posts: 15,029
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I expect the drop during my lifetime, as I repeatedly say there is infinite supply of this detritus lie and act as if my drivel has never been addressed - let alone rebutted.
ftfy.

So are you going to die "soon"?
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 02:32 AM   #280
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,446
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
ftfy.

So are you going to die "soon"?
Here is another way of imagining this issue.
If the price of bitcoin drops to 2k US, will you claim that this is completely unrelated to the presence of 2000 lookalikes to choose from.
Gold will never be created the way bitcoin clones can be created, and indeed are created.
Remember Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger

"This will end badly".
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.