ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , sex offenders , sex trafficking

Old 16th July 2019, 02:56 AM   #241
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Someone said the birds adorning epsteins island temple are cockatoos, not owls. Some jumped on "Moloch's owls.." just like at Bohrmian grove, and on the dollar bill, in the corner, if you use a magnifying glass....

But this person said no, the statues are a particular crested cockatoo which is the only bird known to molest its young.

The poster pointed out how the cockatoos, when turned 90 degrees in silhouette side view, to face each other, make the exact silhouette of the owl seen on the dollar bill, and elsewhere. It is the crest of the two cockatoos which forms the owl's ears, seen in profile.

That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'
well done.
You've convinced me that Trump is a pedophile.
Old 16th July 2019, 03:08 AM   #242
Bubba
Master Poster

edit oopsie

Last edited by Bubba; 16th July 2019 at 03:13 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 07:54 AM   #243
HawksFan
Muse

How exactly does a bird molest its young?
Old 16th July 2019, 08:25 AM   #244
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Someone said
"Someone said" is not too far away from "Once upon a time..."

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 10:28 AM   #245
Joe Random
Master Poster

Someone said the birds adorning epsteins island temple are cockatoos, not owls. Some jumped on "Moloch's owls.." just like at Bohrmian grove, and on the dollar bill, in the corner, if you use a magnifying glass....

But this person said no, the statues are a particular crested cockatoo which is the only bird known to molest its young.

The poster pointed out how the cockatoos, when turned 90 degrees in silhouette side view, to face each other, make the exact silhouette of the owl seen on the dollar bill, and elsewhere. It is the crest of the two cockatoos which forms the owl's ears, seen in profile.

That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'/

Anyone here know of this cockatoo trait?

The poster that claimed to know this said they had have known this after breeding thousands of parrotes..

<Pinto>
"Could I buy some pot from you?"
</Pinto>
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 10:34 AM   #246
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
Acosta stepped in and got Epstein convicted, sentenced to jail, and registered as a sex offender when the state was going to let him walk away. It was the state of Florida that let Epstein out of jail most of the time while he was serving his sentence, the state alone. Acosta had nothing to do with that. Acosta also forced Epstein to pay for the girls' lawyers who then negotiated settlements with him.
Not even remotely true.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 10:38 AM   #247
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

True.

I asked if anyone here knows whether it is true or not, about the sulphur crested cockatoo, in the claimant's words, 'molesting' their young.

Apparently it is true that locals call epsteins island 'pedo island'

Those bird statues look more like crested cockatoo than owls
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 10:58 AM   #248
Arcade22
Philosopher

That fb post was gone when I went back to copy it. 'unsafe for the fb community'/
Maybe it would not be a bad idea to heed the facebook moderators warnings...
Old 16th July 2019, 11:01 AM   #249
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

True.

I asked if anyone here knows whether it is true or not, about the sulphur crested cockatoo, in the claimant's words, 'molesting' their young.

Who the **** cares about some ******* bird statues? If you really do, start another thread because it's only derailing this one.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 11:10 AM   #250
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

True.

Impossible, as the birds aren't wearing red footwear or eating pizza.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 05:17 PM   #251
Baylor
Suspended

Rape victim of Epstein shares her horrifying story. She was underage at the time when Epstein repeatedly raped her.

This guy is so ugly he has to pay girls for sex, and they still don't consent so he rapes them.

This story of an underaged girl being sold into sexual slavery happened in New York. Where's Travis Bickle when you need him?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

#realmendontbuygirls
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 02:12 AM   #252
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Rape victim of Epstein shares her horrifying story. She was underage at the time when Epstein repeatedly raped her.

This guy is so ugly he has to pay girls for sex, and they still don't consent so he rapes them.

This story of an underaged girl being sold into sexual slavery happened in New York. Where's Travis Bickle when you need him?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

#realmendontbuygirls
If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy. His money and status ensure that many women would do all sorts of wild stuff with him. Even George Soros -who is basically a bag of bones at his age- has a hot girlfriend.

But Epstein seems to be absolutely hardwired to be a paederast.
Old 17th July 2019, 04:34 AM   #253
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Or "some people are saying"
Old 17th July 2019, 04:40 AM   #254
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Error
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 05:57 AM   #255
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
Well, there was those two year of lies by fake news and most Dems 24/7 about Trump being a Russian agent. Call me a skeptic, but I don't think those are the only lies that are being told about Trump, so I generally don't believe what is said by Dems or fake news (I know, redundant) about anything or anyone associated with Trump that isn't supported by convincing evidence.
No, I don't think that's appropriate at all.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 06:39 AM   #256
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane View Post
If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy.
Ironically enough, probably not. If he wasn't getting under age girls, he probably wouldn't be supplying under age girls. And without that, he'd probably be a relative nobody.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 08:14 AM   #257
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Ironically enough, probably not. If he wasn't getting under age girls, he probably wouldn't be supplying under age girls. And without that, he'd probably be a relative nobody.
Good point.
Old 17th July 2019, 06:05 PM   #258
Baylor
Suspended

If Epstein liked adults he'd be living a non-stop sexual fantasy. His money and status ensure that many women would do all sorts of wild stuff with him. Even George Soros -who is basically a bag of bones at his age- has a hot girlfriend.
Women are willing to sleep with him but that doesn't mean they'd enjoy it. They do it for financial incentives and they are not sexually or romantically motivated.

Now this I agree with.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:18 AM   #259
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This thread badly needs some comic relief. I'll let Stephen Colbert provide...

I AGREE
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:24 AM   #260
dann
Philosopher

But beware!
Contains footage of 'Dancing' Donald!

And let me add this one with Samantha Bee:

I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 18th July 2019 at 05:19 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:36 AM   #261
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Women are willing to sleep with him but that doesn't mean they'd enjoy it. They do it for financial incentives and they are not sexually or romantically motivated.

Now this I agree with.

I'm surprised how much I agree with you!
Having sex with somebody you're not into is pretty awful, but many tend to dismiss this truth about prostitution: Since prostitutes are not physically forced or blackmailed to do the deed, having sex with one will not usually be considered rape in a court of law. What poverty forces people to do (or consent to do) is irrelevant in that context.
People are all equal, but some people are more equal than others.
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." (Anatole France)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 18th July 2019 at 05:20 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 07:49 AM   #262
Arcade22
Philosopher

A pederast is someone who is sexually attracted to male adolescents.
Old 18th July 2019, 07:54 AM   #263
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I'm surprised how much I agree with you!
Having sex with somebody you're not into is pretty awful, but many tend to dismiss this truth about prostitution: Since prostitutes are not physically forced or blackmailed to do the deed, having sex with one will not usually be considered rape in a court of law. What poverty forces people to do (or consent to do) is irrelevant in that context.
People are all equal, but some people are more equal than others.
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." (Anatole France)
Life sure must be wonderful in your communist utopia where people only work solely for their own leisure and everyone lives in abundance...
Old 18th July 2019, 08:22 AM   #264
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

You can pay an underage girl as much money as you want for sex - it's still not prostitution.
Old 18th July 2019, 08:54 AM   #265
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Life sure must be wonderful in your communist utopia where people only work solely for their own leisure and everyone lives in abundance...

And how exactly do you come to think of a communist utopia when I'm describing capitalist reality as it ought to be obvious to everybody with even the slightest understanding of how capitalism works?!
Moralism got the better of you in that comment ....

Last edited by dann; 18th July 2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 18th July 2019, 09:03 AM   #266
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
You can pay an underage girl as much money as you want for sex - it's still not prostitution.

Paying somebody to have sex is the definition of prostitution (Wikipedia). Having sex with an underage girl is statutory rape (Wikipedia), but many other terms are used:

Quote:
Prostitution is the business or practice of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for payment.
Quote:
In common law jurisdictions, statutory rape is nonforcible sexual activity in which one of the individuals is below the age of consent (the age required to legally consent to the behavior).
Although it usually refers to adults engaging in sexual contact with minors under the age of consent, it is a generic term, and very few jurisdictions use the actual term statutory rape in the language of statutes.
Different jurisdictions use many different statutory terms for the crime, ...

Last edited by dann; 18th July 2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 18th July 2019, 09:12 AM   #267
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Not legally in the US.
A minor cannot be a prostitute by definition of the law.
Old 18th July 2019, 09:28 AM   #268
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Breaking: Bail denied for the multimillionaire with multiple private jets and his own private island.

Probably under the "No duh" Clause of Two Thousand and Always.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 09:58 AM   #269
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Not legally in the US.
A minor cannot be a prostitute by definition of the law.

A quick Google search shows that this is not the case, at least in some states.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 12:06 PM   #270
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Breaking: Bail denied for the multimillionaire with multiple private jets and his own private island.

Probably under the "No duh" Clause of Two Thousand and Always.
The prosecution are very confident. They are saying that their case is getting stronger with every passing day. Combine that with the increasing probability that Epstein might never see freedom again, and that he probably knows what awaits him in prison, he might yet start singing like a canary to get a better deal.
Old 18th July 2019, 12:15 PM   #271
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Le Chapo lost 12 billion in forfeiture.
I dare Epstein to top that!
Old 18th July 2019, 12:49 PM   #272
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Guys, paying a child for sex is not "child prostitution." It's raping a child with a bribe.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.
I Am The Scum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 01:03 PM   #273
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Guys, paying a child for sex is not "child prostitution." It's raping a child with a bribe.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.
The law says no.
Old 18th July 2019, 03:36 PM   #274
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Although it is the case that in some states a minor cannot be prosecuted for prostitution, that is definitely not the case in all states. See here.

Money quote:
But that still leaves a large number of states in which all minors can be convicted of prostitution, and even states like Texas and Michigan allow for individuals under the age of 18 to be prosecuted for prosecution. So, where does that leave us number-wise? The most recent data comes from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Reports:
According to the 2010 arrest table by sex, about 31 percent of [prostitution] arrests were males, while females made up almost 69 percent. It would seem that arrested prostitutes far outnumber pimps and johns. When the breakdown is by age, 804 minors under the age of 18 were arrested for prostitution..., and of those, 91 were under the age of 15. The arrest by state table shows California had the most, with arrests of minors under 18 with 363, Texas followed with 92, Nevada had 52, Florida had 46 and Washington state rounded out the top five with 33.
I would also point out that in some states 16- and 17-year-olds can legally consent to sex with any adult (except possibly a close relative), so it seems reasonable that the legal systems in such states might not view such persons engaging in prostitution (absent coercion) as only victims.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 08:03 PM   #275
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Le Chapo lost 12 billion in forfeiture.
I dare Epstein to top that!
El Chapo*
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 03:44 AM   #276
dann
Philosopher

Even in France ...
Old 21st July 2019, 08:50 AM   #277
dann
Philosopher

Deputies were told to leave Epstein's jail cell door unlocked and were paid to 'provide security' during his work release (Insider, July 20, 2019)

Quote:
Last week, Bradley Edwards, a Florida attorney who has represented a number of women who sued Acosta for withholding information about the federal deal from 36 underage alleged victims, accused Epstein of engaging in “improper sexual contact” during his sentence.
(...)
Edwards’ accusations are based on the work of Michael Fisten, a private detective who says two women say they were brought from another state at the age of 18 to visit Epstein at his office in Florida while he was on work-release.
In interviews with the New York Times and CNN, Fisten said the women reported that their meetings with Epstein turned sexual in nature. Epstein, he said, was naked during the alleged encounters except for a court-ordered GPS ankle monitor. There was sexual activity that included physical contact, he said.
Jeffrey Epstein: Florida looks at possible lax monitoring after 2008 plea deal (The Guardian, July 20, 2019)

Quote:
“There’d be girls that look like they could be in high school,” the employee recalls. “They looked very young. They were always wearing college sweatshirts. It seemed like camouflage, that’s the best way to put it.” Epstein would be dressed in a tracksuit, but the girls carried shopping bags from designer labels: Gucci, Dior.
(...)
“The fact that young girls were getting out of his helicopter and getting into his plane, it was like he was flaunting it,” the employee says. “But it was said that he always tipped really well, so everyone overlooked it.”
In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders.
“The girls were just so young”: The Horrors of Jeffrey Epstein's Private Island (Vanity Fair, July 20, 2019)
Old 21st July 2019, 12:39 PM   #278
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Quote:
“The fact that young girls were getting out of his helicopter and getting into his plane, it was like he was flaunting it,” the employee says. “But it was said that he always tipped really well, so everyone overlooked it.”
In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders.
Wut?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2019, 12:42 PM   #279
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Wut?
a rich sex offender.
Old 21st July 2019, 09:19 PM   #280
dann
Philosopher

There are more examples in the Vanity Fair article:

Quote:
“On multiple occasions I saw Epstein exit his helicopter, stand on the tarmac in full view of my tower, and board his private jet with children—female children,” says a former air traffic controller at the airstrip who asked to remain anonymous.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events