ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th August 2018, 01:15 PM   #41
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
Are the police afraid and running away or are they concentrating on higher areas of violence?
Neither
Old 9th August 2018, 03:50 PM   #42
Tony99
Muse

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Yeah, but I bet he rarely has to deal with an unwashed hippy in hemp rags and berkenstocks reeking of pachouli and pot vaping outside the grocery store.

So maybe the shootings aren't that bad.

(I may be moving down to your area and the last thing I need is to compete with more Chicago buyers in your real estate market.)
Come on down. Too hot for Chicagoans.
You'll be issued your Beto yard sign and 2 boxes of ammo at the county line.
Sprinkle some quinoa around your car and the sheriff won't axe' you too many questions.
Tony99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2018, 11:53 PM   #43
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

So far all I have for a topic is video and camera quality. Yes, i have seen better. The rest seems to be BAU in Chicago. And not even a shooting wounding or killing to add to the national tally. Poor effort!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2018, 02:00 AM   #44
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Chicago is talking about taking cops out of this neighborhood this weekend, because the gangs are shooting up the South and west sides.
Neither

Make up your mind.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2018, 07:59 AM   #45
Drewbot
Philosopher

I will try to make a special trip to The Charleston tonight to get the inside scoop.

Love that place, a few years ago, I went in and they said they were closing to make it into a restaurant. I guess that changed.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2018, 08:57 PM   #46
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

A man and woman were knocked down and robbed by two armed suspects Wednesday morning in the Bucktown neighborhood, Chicago police said.

A 25-year-old woman and 31-year-old man were walking hand-in-hand on the sidewalk in the 2000-block of West Charleston Street at about 3:15 a.m., police said.

https://abc7chicago.com/2-knocked-do...town-/3909040/
Did the armed suspects call the police on them for being white?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2018, 09:52 AM   #47
autumn1971
Master Poster

Are the police in league with the Jews, who are using the blacks to carry out an extermination of white Christians?

ETA: Muslims maybe. Not sure how they fit in, but muslims.

Oh! Black Muslims! Working with the Jews! So good in one way, but terrible for the white folk.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard

Last edited by autumn1971; 12th August 2018 at 09:56 AM.
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events