IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th February 2022, 05:32 PM   #521
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Looks as though Trump's fascist buddy/patron has started a war.
A lot of this is because Vlady is insecure about his penis size. Vlady never spent time at risk like the soldiers he sends to fight. He was a thug. We worked in East Germany as a KGB officer, not exactly putting himself out there by way of risk. He never had to worry about being arrested by the country where he worked. He's living vicariously through young, Russian conscripts and he's insecure because he feels like his penis is small. What we really need is for Donald Trump to tell Vlady that he (Trump I mean) isn't a size queen is doesn't mind being ****** but Vlady's small dick.
Old 28th February 2022, 02:07 PM   #522
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

By the way, in case you all have not heard, Trump is now saying that he saved NATO.

When he was President Trump, he talked about the US leaving NATO and he withheld military aid to Ukraine as well in order to get some data about Hunter Biden.

But fortunately for us all, Trump is the one who saved NATO (or at least, this is what he is currently saying about NATO).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

Trump, Who Wanted to Withdraw the U.S. from NATO, Now Claims Credit for Its Existence

“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars,” Trump wrote in a statement released Monday. “There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly.”

While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’”

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 02:20 PM   #523
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
By the way, in case you all have not heard, Trump is now saying that he saved NATO.

When he was President Trump, he talked about the US leaving NATO and he withheld military aid to Ukraine as well in order to get some data about Hunter Biden.

But fortunately for us all, Trump is the one who saved NATO (or at least, this is what he is currently saying about NATO).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

Trump, Who Wanted to Withdraw the U.S. from NATO, Now Claims Credit for Its Existence

“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars,” Trump wrote in a statement released Monday. “There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly.”

While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’”

Trump's the poster child for narcissism. I can't imagine what it would be like to be married to or a child of that POS. He just makes my skin crawl.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 02:33 PM   #524
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Trump's the poster child for narcissism. I can't imagine what it would be like to be married to or a child of that POS. He just makes my skin crawl.
In his defense (shudder) he could have been using sarcasm, and we all know that usually doesn't translate well to print.

Now that I've said that, let me emphasize how much I want him to have a debilitating stroke, at the very least, still.
Old 28th February 2022, 02:39 PM   #525
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Or married to a child of Trump, or be a child of a child of Trump....
Old 28th February 2022, 03:07 PM   #526
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
In his defense (shudder) he could have been using sarcasm, and we all know that usually doesn't translate well to print.

Now that I've said that, let me emphasize how much I want him to have a debilitating stroke, at the very least, still.
Wait. You think it's even possible that Trump claiming to have saved NATO could have been sarcasm? What are you on? Have you fallen and hit your head lately?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 04:49 PM   #527
Mike!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Wait. You think it's even possible that Trump claiming to have saved NATO could have been sarcasm? What are you on? Have you fallen and hit your head lately?
I wasn't referring to that part of the quote, everyone knows he's talking out of his ass when it comes to NATO, I was talking about this part:

Originally Posted by Somebody talking about the Moron Trump
While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’
That's all, trust me. And upon reading it again, I have to say, I don't think it was sarcasm after all. The man's a dolt of the highest caliber and he can't have a stroke or a burst aneurysm soon enough for me.

Last edited by Mike!; 28th February 2022 at 04:53 PM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 05:46 PM   #528
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I wasn't referring to that part of the quote, everyone knows he's talking out of his ass when it comes to NATO, I was talking about this part:

That's all, trust me. And upon reading it again, I have to say, I don't think it was sarcasm after all. The man's a dolt of the highest caliber and he can't have a stroke or a burst aneurysm soon enough for me.
Sometimes I wish that I actually believed prayer could accomplish something.
Old 28th February 2022, 06:44 PM   #529
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I don't think so.
His "taking a country for $2 in sanctions" and "big country, just walked right in" were T's hard on for Putin's invasion.
Then he "read the room"... as in, the vast majority of the world calling for Vlad's head on a stick.
That, and I don't think he has the depth of imagination to grasp sarcasm.
T just floats wherever the political winds blow... but far more often, it's his original brain fart that shows the real man. And it's not a pretty picture.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 28th February 2022 at 06:47 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 07:11 PM   #530
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I don't think so.
His "taking a country for $2 in sanctions" and "big country, just walked right in" were T's hard on for Putin's invasion.
Then he "read the room"... as in, the vast majority of the world calling for Vlad's head on a stick.
That, and I don't think he has the depth of imagination to grasp sarcasm.
T just floats wherever the political winds blow
... but far more often, it's his original brain fart that shows the real man. And it's not a pretty picture.
He hasn't got the mental power to remember what he said 30 seconds ago. He's a giant malicious goldfish.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 10:23 PM   #531
Bubba
Banned

Still beleves Rachel

Quote:
by dudalb View Post
Looks as though Trump's fascist buddy/patron has started a war.
Trump took out Putin's guys.

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.
Trump killed Russian combatants in Syria.
He killed two or three major terrorist leaders.
He told Putin stay out of Ukraine or else.
Putin obeyed,...Until Biden/Harris.

See a pattern?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2022, 11:56 PM   #532
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.
Putin couldn't as long as his buddy Cadet Bonespurs was in office. It would have hurt his chances of re-election in 2020.

Quote:
Did he bore them to death with his repeated whining?

Quote:
Yeah, that surprised me. He usually just invites them to Mar a Lago.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, he was so scared of Trump he tried to get him re-elected!

Quote:
He didn't have to worry about Donnie not getting re-elected.

Quote:
See a pattern?
Yes. And you really should break it. Just how many times can you be wrong?

From Politifact:

Quote:
"I have been much tougher on Russia than Obama, just look at the facts. Total Fake News!"

We rate Trump’s statement Mostly False.
Obama Russia sanctions: 458
Trump Russia sanctions: 273

Quote:
Sanctions on Russia increased substantially during the Obama administration compared to the prior rate of designations, primarily in response to Russia’s territorial aggression in Ukraine and illegal annexation of Crimea in 2014. The Trump administration continued imposing new sanctions on Russia, albeit at a much lower rate than the preceding Obama administration, which designated 458 entities and individuals with ties to Russia during Obama’s second term compared to 273 under Trump.
So, so tough! LOL!!
Old 1st March 2022, 03:19 AM   #533
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump/Republican's most favorite country:
Russia

Trump/Republican's least favorite country:
China

Russia's greatest ally:
China
Old 1st March 2022, 12:39 PM   #534
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.

See a pattern?
When a Newsmax anchor claimed Trump was hard on Russia and that's why Putin didn't invade Ukraine while T was a POTUS, John Bolton said

Quote:
“It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians.”
Quote:
Newsmax host Rob Schmitt said that “there is something to be said, though, about the simple fact that there was not aggression during the four years” Trump was in office, noting a list of actions that the Washington think tank Brookings Institution said the Trump administration took against Russia.

“I mean, he took a very tough stance against Russia. I'm surprised you don't think that he would have handled it better than Joe Biden,” Schmitt told Bolton.

“He did not,” Bolton replied. “We didn't sanction Nord Stream 2. We should have. We should have brought the project to an end. We did impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs and several others because of their sales of S-400 anti-aircraft systems to other countries. But in almost every case, the sanctions were imposed with Trump complaining about it, saying we were being too hard.”

The Trump-era national security adviser claimed the former president did not know where Ukraine was on a map and said he believed Russia did not take more aggressive actions while Trump was in office because Russia “didn’t feel that their military was ready.”

“The fact is that he barely knew where Ukraine was. He once asked John Kelly, his second chief of staff, if Finland were a part of Russia. It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians,” Bolton said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...w-deterred-the
Old 1st March 2022, 02:58 PM   #535
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.

See a pattern?
Hahahahahahaha
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2022, 05:36 PM   #536
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Trump burble . . .
Snicker.
Old 2nd March 2022, 02:14 AM   #537
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Putin didn't have to invade Ukraine while Donny was in the White House. Donny was doing the job he wanted on Ukraine for him.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 05:40 PM   #538
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) poses a very helpful hypothetical showing tremendous brainpower:

“Can you imagine if [Putin] went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not.

Video in link

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...91115055763457
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 05:48 PM   #539
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) poses a very helpful hypothetical showing tremendous brainpower:

“Can you imagine if [Putin] went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not.

Video in link

I wonder if he thinks France is next to Russia. Trump certainly thought Finland was part of Russia.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 06:03 PM   #540
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Video in link

There's some hilarious stuff in that Twitter link. I especially love the Ukrainians who hijacked the tank. That's as funny as the farmer towing a tank away with his tractor.
Skeptic Ginger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 06:07 PM   #541
Lurch
Master Poster

If someone were to ask a GOPer what GOP is shorthand for, said GOPer could reply, "It stands for how solve problems. Guns Or Prayer."
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 07:15 PM   #542
Carlotta
Muse

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
There's some hilarious stuff in that Twitter link. I especially love the Ukrainians who hijacked the tank. That's as funny as the farmer towing a tank away with his tractor.
And the Ukrainian guards calling Russian prisoners' moms to come take them home! (OK, probably not mentioned in Twitter; I'm not slogging through.) Ukrainians seem to have weapon-grade humor.
Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:19 PM   #543
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Video in link

What's DeSantis' excuse for establishing a Vichy government in Trump's arse?
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:25 PM   #544
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

OK, that made me laugh. Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:40 PM   #545
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
And the Ukrainian guards calling Russian prisoners' moms to come take them home! (OK, probably not mentioned in Twitter; I'm not slogging through.) Ukrainians seem to have weapon-grade humor.
I saw it. It was funny too. Or sad. Or both.
Skeptic Ginger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:51 PM   #546
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Very recently, Trump lionized Putin for being so very smart.

And now, Trump is congratulating himself for sending weapons to Ukraine even though Trump got impeached for hindering the weapons that were sent to Ukraine in order to pressure the government of Ukraine to provide Trump with political help.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...184203980.html

Trump now claiming credit for weapons used ‘so well’ by Ukrainians

“Russia has gotten in deeper than they ever thought possible,” Mr Trump said, “to a certain extent because of the weapons that I gave and that the Ukrainians used so well.

“I mean they use so well, amazing. So I think Russia is, something could be done with them right now, because they’re not looking so good.”

And of course, Trump being Trump, now says that it is time for some sort of deal which will get Russia out of Ukraine:

Asked by Ms Bartiromo what that “something” might be, Mr Trump replied it was time to “work out a deal” and that Russia needs to “stop killing these people”.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2022, 01:24 PM   #547
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Very recently, Trump lionized Putin for being so very smart.

And now, Trump is congratulating himself for sending weapons to Ukraine even though Trump got impeached for hindering the weapons that were sent to Ukraine in order to pressure the government of Ukraine to provide Trump with political help.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...184203980.html

Trump now claiming credit for weapons used ‘so well’ by Ukrainians

“Russia has gotten in deeper than they ever thought possible,” Mr Trump said, “to a certain extent because of the weapons that I gave and that the Ukrainians used so well.

“I mean they use so well, amazing. So I think Russia is, something could be done with them right now, because they’re not looking so good.”

And of course, Trump being Trump, now says that it is time for some sort of deal which will get Russia out of Ukraine:

Asked by Ms Bartiromo what that “something” might be, Mr Trump replied it was time to “work out a deal” and that Russia needs to “stop killing these people”.

Notice the use of "I sent", not "we" or "the US".
Old 3rd March 2022, 03:01 PM   #548
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Sean Hannity's former producer has been arrested for violating US sanctions against a Russian oligarch:
Quote:
As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is less notable for his ties to Vladimir Putin than his old ties to Sean Hannity—he is a former Fox News producer who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.

The DOJ simultaneously unsealed a grand jury indictment against him, accusing Hanick of knowingly engaging in business dealings with Malofeyev, who had been formally sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in financing Russia-backed soldiers in eastern Ukraine who have violently tried to break off from the democratic country since 2014.
Old 3rd March 2022, 03:40 PM   #549
Armitage72
Philosopher

Notice the use of "I sent", not "we" or "the US".

It's no different than when "he" developed the COVID vaccine.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2022, 05:14 PM   #550
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
It's no different than when "he" developed the COVID vaccine.
You mean the one that is implanting tracking devices in us, altering our DNA, and magnetizing us?
Old 4th March 2022, 07:41 AM   #551
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

The right wing love affair with Putin and other authoritarianian thugs came to the fore due to Trump, and Fox has promoted this sentiment extensively. Once in a great while there are consequences.

Quote:
As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is a former Fox News director who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.
Old 4th March 2022, 11:58 AM   #552
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
The right wing love affair with Putin and other authoritarianian thugs came to the fore due to Trump, and Fox has promoted this sentiment extensively. Once in a great while there are consequences.
Yes...I posted this a few upthread.
Old 4th March 2022, 02:40 PM   #553
Mike!

This is what running your mouth without engaging your brain gets you...

https://www.grid.news/story/global/2...hhEYo9BlEu38Vo
Old 4th March 2022, 04:33 PM   #554
Apathia
Philosopher

Next up they invite Putin to send forces to liberate America from the Libs.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2022, 04:47 PM   #555
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

A perfect example of just why the Russians wanted Trump re-elected.
Old 4th March 2022, 09:32 PM   #556
Mike!

Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
Next up they invite Putin to send forces to liberate America from the Libs.
Don't give them any ideas.
Old 5th March 2022, 12:11 AM   #557
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The Right -wing media is the logical target for Russian influence operations - and we are seeing the payoff.
Old 5th March 2022, 04:27 AM   #558
SuburbanTurkey

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The Right -wing media is the logical target for Russian influence operations - and we are seeing the payoff.
While I wouldn't be surprised if some right wing propagandists are on the Russian payroll, I see no reason to assume so.

Right wingers are willing to simp for authoritarianism for free. People like Tucker Carlson are not being insincere when they drool in admiration for Putin's Russia, it's exactly the type of government they are working to foist on the US.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2022, 07:03 AM   #559
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Yes...I posted this a few upthread.
A semi-regular occurrence of late.
Old 5th March 2022, 08:21 AM   #560
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I make the occassnional joke about France's military record but this is just plain ignorance.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics