ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st May 2017, 01:26 PM   #41
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
Except that the video in this reply is not the two videos at a Football event. How are the two videos at the Football event a hoax?
check again - that link is a link to a video on Alexandru;s youtube page of his flight in the stadium.

Where the camera person misses his take off, cannot keep him in frame and more or less misses his landing due to ....i don't know , wrong place, never held a camera before, zero thought into what was going to take place ( take off position landing position, likely line of flight) or basically never filmed a single thing in their life. Never. Probably a miracle that they held the camera the right way around to be fair. At least we can be thankful for that.
Still, kind of gave it that amateur 'realism' feel right. Hard to fake that and make it feel authentic and accidental.

i take it back - this may just be one of the the greatest cameramen that ever lived

p.s. I'm serious Alexandru - hit me up, i can film stuff that moves in my sleep bro.

Last edited by esspee; 31st May 2017 at 01:31 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 01:43 PM   #42
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Originally Posted by esspee View Post
check again - that link is a link to a video on Alexandru;s youtube page of his flight in the stadium.

Where the camera person misses his take off, cannot keep him in frame and more or less misses his landing due to ....i don't know , wrong place, never held a camera before, zero thought into what was going to take place ( take off position landing position, likely line of flight) or basically never filmed a single thing in their life. Never. Probably a miracle that they held the camera the right way around to be fair. At least we can be thankful for that.
Still, kind of gave it that amateur 'realism' feel right. Hard to fake that and make it feel authentic and accidental.

i take it back - this may just be one of the the greatest cameramen that ever lived

p.s. I'm serious Alexandru - hit me up, i can film stuff that moves in my sleep bro.
OK, The two other videos were fine, but Alexandru's camera person did a crappy job, so.... hoax?

Come on... Three views of the same public event. How is it a hoax?
Old 31st May 2017, 01:49 PM   #43
esspee
black goo

OK, The two other videos were fine, but Alexandru's camera person did a crappy job, so.... hoax?

Come on... Three views of the same public event. How is it a hoax?

i have said it before, and i will say it again.

You do not need to know how a magic trick is done to know that it (almost certainly) is a magic trick.

i do not know how David Copperfield made it seem that he had passed through the great wall of china.

However i am fairly sure that he did not pass his body through solid rock

If you wish to know my take on magic tricks (hoaxes and cons) and how to begin to see through them its all in my video on vidme

Last edited by esspee; 31st May 2017 at 01:50 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 02:12 PM   #44
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

i have said it before, and i will say it again.

You do not need to know how a magic trick is done to know that it (almost certainly) is a magic trick.

i do not know how David Copperfield made it seem that he had passed through the great wall of china.

However i am fairly sure that he did not pass his body through solid rock

If you wish to know my take on magic tricks (hoaxes and cons) and how to begin to see through them its all in my video on vidme
In other words, you don't have a clue. Got it.
Old 31st May 2017, 02:14 PM   #45
esspee
black goo

In other words, you don't have a clue. Got it.
and yet i am one of only a handful of people who can see through it all.
Old 31st May 2017, 02:20 PM   #46
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

and yet i am one of only a handful of people who can see through it all.
And we all see through you
Old 31st May 2017, 02:38 PM   #47
RussDill
Philosopher

Seriously, this was seen in front of 10,000's of people, but it's a hoax. Maybe they somehow used counter-rotating spinning pieces of shaped plastic powered by electrochemical reactions to provide lift. Or it could have been a giant hologram, I guess we'll never know.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 02:45 PM   #48
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Seriously, this was seen in front of 10,000's of people, but it's a hoax. Maybe they somehow used counter-rotating spinning pieces of shaped plastic powered by electrochemical reactions to provide lift. Or it could have been a giant hologram, I guess we'll never know.

a magician or con man provides us with the plot points, we pick up these plot points and tell ourselves the story they want us to.

as soon as we do this we can never see through the magic trick because the trick has already worked

we told ourself the story.

the story is the magic trick.

knowhatimsayin

Last edited by esspee; 31st May 2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 31st May 2017, 02:47 PM   #49
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

...and Copperfield passed through solid rock.

i saw it
From three separate angles without him going behind a barrier? RIIIIIGHT.
Old 31st May 2017, 03:23 PM   #50
esspee
black goo

From three separate angles without him going behind a barrier? RIIIIIGHT.
look, they used the terrible finger in lens, pilot out of frame, no take off shot in a national newspaper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ese-cup-final/

Odd that. You would think there would be some better footage, what with is being a cup final and all.

its almost like they were given the footage by the owner ( Alexandru) and had nothing better of the event to use.

A kings ransom to any man who can find some footage of the take off

Last edited by esspee; 31st May 2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: maybe this site needs a delete post button
Old 31st May 2017, 03:48 PM   #51
RussDill
Philosopher

look, they used the terrible finger in lens, pilot out of frame, no take off shot in a national newspaper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ese-cup-final/

Odd that. You would think there would be some better footage, what with is being a cup final and all.

its almost like they were given the footage by the owner ( Alexandru) and had nothing better of the event to use.

A kings ransom to any man who can find some footage of the take off
Do you really expect us to believe you'd feel that any different about this event if the footage included the moment of takeoff?
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 04:01 PM   #52
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Do you really expect us to believe you'd feel that any different about this event if the footage included the moment of takeoff?
of course not.

its fake.,

however this detail ...its a clue

and its a clue that every video online uses the same bits of footage

none of which have the take off

i do not pretend to know how this and the flyboard are faked.

now - if you used your skills for a moment and came at this from my angle i almost thing you would have a better chance of cracking this than me.

if just for the sake of exersis you rejected the stories of the Flyboard, and rejected the stories of Alexandru and simply came at this from a 'if this is a hoax how could it be pulled off' - i think you stand a chance of cracking it before i do

So i don't know - if you get bored of repeating the story they have told you to tell yourself, to me of all people ( when i have now made it clear how i am approaching this whole thing) why not instead really exercise your brain - and try to work out how this could be hoaxed.

I know you think it is real, but just ignore that, its not relevant to the question ' if it was a hoax how could this be being pulled off'

Last edited by esspee; 31st May 2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 1st June 2017, 07:52 AM   #53
RussDill
Philosopher

of course not.

its fake.,

however this detail ...its a clue

and its a clue that every video online uses the same bits of footage

none of which have the take off

i do not pretend to know how this and the flyboard are faked.

now - if you used your skills for a moment and came at this from my angle i almost thing you would have a better chance of cracking this than me.

if just for the sake of exersis you rejected the stories of the Flyboard, and rejected the stories of Alexandru and simply came at this from a 'if this is a hoax how could it be pulled off' - i think you stand a chance of cracking it before i do

So i don't know - if you get bored of repeating the story they have told you to tell yourself, to me of all people ( when i have now made it clear how i am approaching this whole thing) why not instead really exercise your brain - and try to work out how this could be hoaxed.

I know you think it is real, but just ignore that, its not relevant to the question ' if it was a hoax how could this be being pulled off'
There are methods by which it could be hoaxed, any and all of these methods involve hundreds or thousands of times more effort to implement that just making the device on the video. Especially given the sheer quantity of videos and individuals that would need to be fooled. And the worst part, all of that effort would be wasted if they just made a single mistake.
Old 6th June 2017, 03:25 PM   #54
esspee
black goo

my take on the latest flight (above solid ground) of the Alexandru Duru ride on Drone.

if you have never heard of Alexandru duru before before today - he made his name in sofware engineering relating to 3d imaging technology ( citation given on request) - and then went on to wow the world with his drone that he could fly on, as if surfing in the air.

before recently he has only ever flown over water, almost always crash landing into it.

but last weekend he flew over SOLID ground infront of an entire footnball stadium of witnesses.

Only a few videos made it out of this momentus occasion.

well - two to be exact.

here is my take on these two videos.

here is my take on this flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ1b8_ZEQ1s

Old 6th June 2017, 03:49 PM   #55
RussDill
Philosopher

Instead of being vague, stake a claim. Do you believe that the event did not occur as filmed or that it did, but the camera and everyone in the stadium was fooled by some trickery? Because the match certainly took place. All those people were there that day.
Old 12th June 2017, 04:06 PM   #56
esspee
black goo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdbITUgN_LA
Old 28th July 2017, 01:27 PM   #57
Steve001
Graduate Poster

"Ironman" demonstration and interview with Adam Savage 7/26/17
https://youtu.be/vI8E4cda_ww
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 02:19 PM   #58
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve001 View Post
Good stuff!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2017, 10:27 AM   #59
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

OK, so this is obviously a hoax... how?
Well, his first hoax thread went so well, he's decided to regurgitate all of it again.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 29th July 2017 at 10:28 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2017, 02:07 PM   #60
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

And I will add the TED talk video that Adam Savage was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6U69HbAF9Y

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 30th July 2017, 06:14 AM   #61
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

my take on the latest flight (above solid ground) of the Alexandru Duru ride on Drone.

if you have never heard of Alexandru duru before before today - he made his name in sofware engineering relating to 3d imaging technology ( citation given on request) - and then went on to wow the world with his drone that he could fly on, as if surfing in the air.

before recently he has only ever flown over water, almost always crash landing into it.

but last weekend he flew over SOLID ground infront of an entire footnball stadium of witnesses.

Only a few videos made it out of this momentus occasion.

well - two to be exact.

here is my take on these two videos.

here is my take on this flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ1b8_ZEQ1s

Why are you obsessing about this 50 year old technology?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2017, 08:05 AM   #62
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

esspee, I missed most of your earlier thread, I'm afraid. But I just wanted to pop in with a comment here. I have OCD too (you mentioned you had it). Sometimes it gets pretty bad, especially when I'm already nervous or freaked out about something. You get in that mindset where you just can't break out. And I don't take any medication or anything for it, so sometimes I don't even notice the spiral until I'm pretty far in it.

That being said, in the most sincere and respectful manner possible, I wondered if you'd been to a doctor or anything. Moving to France without proper resources in order to monitor and disprove what is largely inconsequential/curiosity tech doesn't sound very constructive at all, no matter what the motivation. Perhaps I misunderstood some of your posts, but if you know you have OCD and it's gotten this extreme, you might consider talking to someone. It can really help, even when it doesn't seem like it will. Just some thoughts from a fellow sufferer, feel free to disregard.

Do you think this quest is making you happy? Would you rather think about something else for awhile? Is it disrupting your life? These are the main questions to ask yourself, I suppose.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2017, 08:08 AM   #63
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Espee hasn't actually posted in this thread for about six weeks.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:54 AM   #64
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Espee hasn't actually posted in this thread for about six weeks.
Once it's flown in front of hundreds of witnesses, it can be difficult to maintain the "hoax" position. esspee is faced with a limited array of choices. Admit it's real, quietly back away from the whole thing, or go full retard and add "football stadium with hundreds of witnesses" to the hoax--leading inevitably to the conclusion that everyone in the world except esspee is in on it.

This signature is intended to irradiate people.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2017, 11:44 PM   #65
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

So what? I disappear from my own threads for weeks at a time because life gets in the way. If espee hasn't decided to rise above the whole thing on his own (in which case, my "advice" would be needless), he'll be back at some point. Maybe he'll have a comment.

That being said, I frequently enter sections of the forum and click on any threads on the first page that look interesting without looking at the dates. So sorry if I made a faux pas. But my impression was that espee had been on this kick for awhile, and I figured he'd be around at some point.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:44 AM   #66
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
esspee, I missed most of your earlier thread, I'm afraid. But I just wanted to pop in with a comment here. I have OCD too (you mentioned you had it). Sometimes it gets pretty bad, especially when I'm already nervous or freaked out about something. You get in that mindset where you just can't break out. And I don't take any medication or anything for it, so sometimes I don't even notice the spiral until I'm pretty far in it.

That being said, in the most sincere and respectful manner possible, I wondered if you'd been to a doctor or anything. Moving to France without proper resources in order to monitor and disprove what is largely inconsequential/curiosity tech doesn't sound very constructive at all, no matter what the motivation. Perhaps I misunderstood some of your posts, but if you know you have OCD and it's gotten this extreme, you might consider talking to someone. It can really help, even when it doesn't seem like it will. Just some thoughts from a fellow sufferer, feel free to disregard.

Do you think this quest is making you happy? Would you rather think about something else for awhile? Is it disrupting your life? These are the main questions to ask yourself, I suppose.

Thank you for your concern.

If that is what i have ( real OCD ), its a gift not a curse. I do not consider it a burden.

I will answer your questions.

Do you think this quest is making you happy? - no, but its not making me sad either. Its a learning experience. And will continue to be whether i am right in my suspicions or wrong. More so if i am wrong even.

Would you rather think about something else for awhile? - there is really only once or twice in over a year when it has gotten out of hand and I've 'pulled an all nighter' or whatever.
And for me this is a fair trade off IMO for the ability to focus (or obsess) on one thing in detail, when it suits me to, for a long period of time / have the tenacity not to be swayed and put off and approach things from different angles and viewpoints relentlessly.
I can stop thinking about the flyboard air and these other hoaxers (possible) whenever i want. But i find it all fascinating and to be honest i wish i could obsess over it more. I have several half made videos on my hard drive i wish i could focus on finishing. Would be good to get them out before A - they are proven to be real or i become convinced that they are ..or B - they are proven to be hoaxes. No good uploading them afterwards.
I do not know if you make youtube videos, but i can tell you from my experience being a bit obsessed about a video you are making is almost vital to getting it done if its a big one. Like when it is a video with several hundred separate scenes/images etc.

But i will admit, in my life i have been consumed with an idea on a few occasions where its pretty much full on out of hand. But really on some occasions that can also just be said to be deep focus, or even inspiration. It does not have to be all negative. One recent example would be the first video i uploaded to my channel ( now deleted). I made it during a particular time when i had an abstract vision/idea in my head that i literally could not stop thinking about in extreme vividness and detail, like i could not sleep even for it. After i finally made my video (2 parts and not easy as i had no equipment or experience in editing such things really) and uploaded it, then i was immidiatley able to forget all about it and sleep lie a baby.

I have since deleted it as it was pretty nuts. It would make my Kangeroo video look tame and sober. And when i deleted it i was still interested in employment and had some offers for work overseas, one for mucho $$$$. Now i have realised working is not for me so i might re-upload them one day - maybe to celebrate 1000 subscribers or 365 videos or something should those two things ever occur.

'Proffesionally' my absolute obsession in learning and honing skills related to my job led me to become pretty good at what i did. At least someone who's skills were noted by peers and respected as being out of the ordinary.

Is it disrupting your life? - well it has, if i was being honest i would say it contributed to me leaving one country and employment there, and then later the same again several months later by moving to France where I am now. Where it not for the Flyboard Air I for sure would not be in France right now. But its sunny here, and the wine is good and cheap or for me most of the time -free. I count these things as good disruptions.

I have also gotten fit walking in the mountains everyday and cycling . Having lost over 20% bodyweight since i came, despite increasing muscle and strength. I no longer work for people so i sleep better at night and have less hatred in my heart (lol) I have also gone from a youtube watcher to a youtube content creator and learned how to edit ( very basically) ...all good things.

Moving to France without proper resources in order to monitor and disprove what is largely inconsequential/curiosity tech doesn't sound very constructive at all, no matter what the motivation. - Its not inconsequential - it essential, albiet personally. I follow my intuition on many things and its more or less how i live. If my intuition is so far off that i have this wrong, then i need to know. Hence the quest. Its not about being the smartest person ever who could see through the BS, although that would be nice. Its about knowing if my intuition is right or not. That is not inconsequential..

I wondered if you'd been to a doctor or anything. I'm no spring chicken, and i have been around long enough to learn how to ride my own madness. Regarding a doctor i do not need to see one to tell me I am mad. Doctors are all mad anyway. Seriously - way more messed up than most.
Here is the thing - everyone is off there tits mad. Everyone.

But i know some people find 'doctors' helpful with 'mental health' issues.
Personally i would rather seek the council of a priest or a madman screaming on a street corner - but ideally a friend or someone who had be there done that.
I've known/know a few doctors personally in my life, they are not who i would recommend to anyone for such matters to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rSs2lpXKM

...but thanks again for your interest and concern.

Last edited by esspee; 2nd August 2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:53 AM   #67
esspee
black goo

yes, i saw that.

Interesting isn't it.

And extremely so ....if this turns out to have been trickery all along.

Other than the ted talk ( nothing new in it from his other talks tbh) check out his talk to Dyson employees on youtube. That one has some interesting parts.
for me the most interesting part was him discussing the other people i think are hoaxers.

Specifically him not knowing how to say Zapata seemed mighty put on and highly unlikely to me.

p.s. is it just me but is Adam a bit thin and faded in that video?
Hopefully he is just on a fittness buzz and going too hard, and its not cocaine addiction. ( or sickness)

Last edited by esspee; 2nd August 2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:57 AM   #68
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Once it's flown in front of hundreds of witnesses, it can be difficult to maintain the "hoax" position. esspee is faced with a limited array of choices. Admit it's real, quietly back away from the whole thing, or go full retard and add "football stadium with hundreds of witnesses" to the hoax--leading inevitably to the conclusion that everyone in the world except esspee is in on it.

This signature is intended to irradiate people.
Alexandru Duru already 'flew infont of a stadium of witnesses'.
However only two videos exist of teh whole thing despite some many many thousands of 'witnesses'. And the videos are deeply suspect, extremely compresses and low resolution.

This is what people do not seem to understand. If something did not happen in a stadium full of people then no one in the stadium full of people is 'in on it'. it just simply did not happen. Watch Alexendru Durus video of his flight. If that looks not even slightly suspicious to you i will be amazed.
Old 3rd August 2017, 03:24 AM   #69
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Alexandru Duru already 'flew infont of a stadium of witnesses'.
However only two videos exist of teh whole thing despite some many many thousands of 'witnesses'. And the videos are deeply suspect, extremely compresses and low resolution...
How do you know only two videos exist, and how many videos are required to make an event real?

I glanced at part of your video and followed your link to the original. That appears to be published on the official channel of the Portuguese football federation. Are they part of a conspiracy too? It appears that it was a stunt before a Portuguese football match where he flew in with the ball and delivered it to the referee. Was the match televised live? Was the stunt televised live?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 07:58 AM   #70
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
How do you know only two videos exist, and how many videos are required to make an event real?

?
I do not know that only 2 exist. But i have searched a lot and only discovered two. Also i have this thread and my TWO videos on this event.

One of thee reasons for these threads and videos is to provide better information. People generally bring new footage to me if it exists and if they can find it.
No one has done so. I think 40k people or something were supposedly at that game. 2 findable videos.
Not to mention lack of photos.

I glanced at part of your video and followed your link to the original.
You should watch the second one if you want to know more about this. p.s. mighty brave of him to fly at such a height over solid if real, especially as his party trick used to be to crash into water.
Not bad for a former programmer and creator of visual graphical effects systems* to become not only he first person in history to surf an electric drone, but also the first to fly it over solid ground (*as claimed by a documentary piece on him)

That appears to be published on the official channel of the Portuguese football federation.
If so, then whoever uploaded the video would be party to it too I guess

Last edited by esspee; 3rd August 2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:44 AM   #71
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... That appears to be published on the official channel of the Portuguese football federation.
... If so, then whoever uploaded the video would be party to it too I guess
Hmm. One guy, you reckon.

Except nobody called him out on it and took the 'fake' video down. Like nobody noticed.

Nobody noticed, out of the million people who viewed it on the official YouTube channel of the Portuguese football association. It's this year's cup final, in the national stadium, which I learn has a capacity of 39,000, and all those fans watched <spoiler alert> Benfica beat Vitoria 2-1. And yes of course it was televised live because it's the bleedin' cup final!

You think somehow nobody has thought "hang on a minute, that didn't happen..." and brought it to the attention of the federation.

And if you do a Google image search for "Taça de Portugal final 2017" you find it was all over TV and magazines and newspapers, nationally and around the world, yet nobody who was there has complained that it didn't happen.

Mostly the papers use frames from the two videos you already found but how about a corroborating press photo: http://www.dn.pt/desporto/interior/o...o-8515920.html

Is that faked too?

Is basically the whole of Portugal part of the conspiracy?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:55 AM   #72
esspee
black goo

I believe these magic tricks are eploiting the current system of online journalism. That is that many click baity articles are based soley on press releases and zero actual journalism.

The videos and photos and the details of the write up are provided to the publications by media companies or PR depts, often in full and ready to publish.
Thes click bait sections of publications behave in a strange way. Often many articles of a similar thing will appear on many publications at teh same time. Suggesting PR or marketing companies have direct access to the sections of many of these publications.
ie you give your article to media company x - select a package, say package A - and your article/advertising article thing gets instantly published in publications N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z...etc in teh click bait section or 'tech' section or wherever it is you wish it too.

I believe this is how it is being pulled off so successfully and how everyone is being fooled.

This is the evolution on online marketing hoaxes/ onlinie video hoaxery.

and remember that each next step was not really imagined until it was discovered to have been done.

1. create a viral video for youtube. The first ever video on youtube to gain over 1million views was a viral hoax by Nike with a famous gootballer hitting the ball off the crossbar again and again.

2. Create a viral hoax that also fools the media - this would be the spate of videos by the 'woolshed company' Viral maketing hoaxes were so widespread on youtube facebook these guys took it one step further and created hoaxes specifically with fooling the media in mind also. And so they managed to get a lot more views overall, there videos appearing all over news stations too.
Specifally design the hoax to be divisive of audience. Not intended to convince everyone, but intended to concince most but to be clearly a fake to enough people so that discussion and disagreement occur driving 'social media engadgement; Woolshed specifically state this as a design goal.

3. I think this next evolution is what we are seeing here. Hoaxes that become accepted as real and pay off eventually on both ends. By A - providing lots of clicks and brand awareness during the hoax and or injecting the 'reality' of a concept or idea into global culture/psyche and B - providing extra windfall bonus clicks and brand awareness when the hoax is finally revealed. It is also IMO an exercise in media manipulation and to push the art of hoaxing and its craft among these top players.
Whoever is behind the Duru/Browning/Zapata/Mayman-Tyler hoaxes ( i believe its the same crew) are literally at the very top of their game. At the top of THE ENTIRE game of hoaxing.
I belive they will come clean at some point - or that at least that was the initial intention but perhaps now that has changed and they are running with it for some reason. maybe to discover and learn just how far they can go.

Assuming it is all a hoax. You are in charge of marketing at a big company in need of brand awareness, who would you want to hire for your next viral marketing campaign? These guys or someone else?

Or i am wrong about it all, they are ALL real and nothing odd is going on at all.

Last edited by esspee; 3rd August 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:51 PM   #73
mike81
Critical Thinker

Sorry esspee, but you sound very delusional.
mike81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 01:17 PM   #74
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by mike81 View Post
Sorry esspee, but you sound very delusional.
thats not impossible. For sure.

How would i know if I was?

However at least part 1 and part 2 of my above post are facts that i can back up with links to original sources. So maybe i am only partially delusional.

Not 'very' delusional.

"the world watched, they shared and then they argued like hell over their authenticity. And it was this debate over authenticity that propelled each videos’ viral success.
The content series was envisioned as a social experiment to explore the creation and distribution of 'new media', with the process involving The Woolshed Co. strategising, creating, releasing and then integrating the learnings into the next piece. We set out to better understand exactly how to create short-form, highly sharable, ‘snackable’ content, that is capable of reaching worldwide mass audiences without the luxury of pricey media buys, ad campaigns, publicity strategies or distribution deals.
"

http://web.archive.org/web/201612241...xperiment.html

"Crucial to our strategy was the deliberate harnessing of earned media. We had a great case study on our hands, but we needed the world’s media to get it out there for us. For two years we monitored how the public and global news organisations responded to our content with the eventual aim of leveraging that coverage when we revealed ourselves as the creators. When the time came for TWC to step up and take ownership of our viral creations, we deployed a targeted PR campaign. At the core of our approach was the reveal video for The Viral Experiment."

http://www.thewoolshedcompany.com/vi...42-911687.html

"Today’s marketing moment is a Nike ad featuring Brazilian soccer star Ronaldinho that was uploaded to YouTube in 2005. It became the first video to ever reach one million views on YouTube and spearheaded the concept of a ‘viral video.’"

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/03/...ch-one-million
Old 3rd August 2017, 03:00 PM   #75
Hans
Philosopher

thats not impossible. For sure.

Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 05:10 PM   #76
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
You can buy me one of those when I am proven right if you like
Old 3rd August 2017, 05:49 PM   #77
mike81
Critical Thinker

Pretty soon esspee will be the only one not in on the scam.
mike81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 07:48 PM   #78
Hans
Philosopher

You can buy me one of those when I am proven right if you like
You are headed down one with a rocket strapped to your butt.

One problem in plunging down rabbit holes - they always come to an end.
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:18 PM   #79
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:44 PM   #80
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Esspee, the fundamental problem with your scenario is that, whether or not the flying sequence could have been faked, the Portuguese cup final most certainly happened.

There are thirty-something thousand direct eyewitnesses to that football match. Where is the social media storm over those people insisting that the stunt which the rest of the country watched on TV did not happen? It doesn't exist. Why not?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories